PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with SPY con setup

thebee
12-03-04, 22:32
since i cant search for spy on the forums cause its not 4 or more letters long....i maybe asking a question that has already been asked. I have been playing around with my capped spy setup in CON and i cant seem to get a good "resist" setup......anyone have an suggestions?

Console
12-03-04, 22:44
IM playing a spy , but im still new so i cant help you much =P i can tell you though you can use wild cards to search for spy making up for that 4th letter , i think its SPY* search for that

maby SPY* CON* =)

borl
12-03-04, 22:45
In a hurry so a short post.

Drug for Inq 1 armour, wear PA/rad suit for xray, wear a heavy belt (up to you but I'd lean in favour of energy in order to balance enr/fir with con resists). Drug for shelter (search for the PSI setup if you can't work it out).

This is just the obvious stuff, although you didn't post any details on your current setup, and I don't have time to second guess you at the moment :)

cRazy2003
12-03-04, 22:46
my setup is around i think

45 ath
0 endurance
65 fire
60 energy
0 x-ray
cant remember poison lol

anyways thats mine i think

SorkZmok
12-03-04, 22:56
Depends on your playing style...

Either get high health, high athletics and fuck all resists. Then stealth, snipe and stay the hell away from the enemy.

Or wear a heavy enr belt, and spread the points into atl, hlt and fire.

Last choice: Wear str implants or drug to access inqui1. PA+inqui1+heavy enr belt is great. Get about 30 in enr and fire under con, put the rest into health and athletics.
This imo is only a viable choice if you drug. Otherwise you should better play a PE. Why? Cause without drugs a PE definately is better.

About poison...stealth and pop some antipoison drugs.

Also be careful with your health. good resists mean shit if you only got 200 health. Get at least 300. At least!

thebee
12-03-04, 23:02
My current setup sucks.

50 ATH
61 HLT
50 END
0 FRE
30 ENR
0 XRY
0 PSN

Those are alll raw....i have a filter heart 1 in......im a sniper. so maybe more HLT and more ALT is what I should do. So I can run fast and stealth away and stay away from everything

cRazy2003
12-03-04, 23:05
thats so bad lol
if u wanna be a sniper
try over 100 health points in con
about 20 on endurance and just use stam boosters
loads of ath and any spare points on resists

Jock Rockwell
12-03-04, 23:07
I plan to wear inq1 and drug for shelter, so i have set my cons up as this

Ath 45
Body Health 47
End 0
Fire 50
Energy 50
Xray 0
Poison 18

I use moveon and filter 1 so the stats with my imps in are slightly different. Plus im pistol so i tried to set it up as best i could for close combat. Since u wanna snipe i would have more HLT and maybe ATH than this but im still a n00b to this to :)

SorkZmok
12-03-04, 23:10
Dont waste any points on endurance.

Your PA will completely fuck that over anyway, so theres no need for that.

And about the heart, use a experimental heart 1. Cause the negatives are xray and poison, and you got more than enough xray and cant spec enough poison anyway.

Jock Rockwell
12-03-04, 23:13
Originally posted by SorkZmok
cant spec enough poison anyway.

How much is needed be4 u will notice any difference in poison?
I got told at around 30 there is a difference than at 0?

Any1 know anything about that?

thebee
12-03-04, 23:14
yah it just seems that the pistol is SO much easier to cap than any of the rifles. and i have next to nothing for agility and i cant seem to run away fast enough.

so more alt would be good and stamina boosters are looking to be a must.

that would give me another the 50 + 30 would give me another 40 pts to put into ALT and HLT.......maybe 70 ATL and the rest in HLT

that sound like a good idea?

SorkZmok
12-03-04, 23:22
Originally posted by Jock Rockwell
How much is needed be4 u will notice any difference in poison?
I got told at around 30 there is a difference than at 0?

Any1 know anything about that?
30 is quite ok against poison beams. But as nearly no monk uses that, theres drugs against it and you simply cant specc against the dev, ignore it on a spy.

@theebee
Sounds better. :)

Jock Rockwell
12-03-04, 23:29
Ahh thats ok, was merely specing it as an alround setup not for one particular weapon.

Plus i have noticed monks do tend to whip out a poison beam when fightin spys as it has kinda an anti stealth thing to it with the green clouds.

@thebee agree with Sork that would be alot better for ya

Divide
13-03-04, 06:59
the best way to make ANY con setup is to decide what armor you will wear first, and then filling in the gaps with your con points.

Figure out what armor you will use when you cap, and fill in the holes as much as possible.

Resists have a "soft cap" at about 115-- that is armor and resists added together. Anything above this will lower dmg taken, but by very minimal amounts.

For a capped spy, if you want to have a strong pvp setup, spec up to 49 STR to wear inq 1 armor helm/legs/boots. then use level 2 or 3 pa-- this will leave you in the range of 112-115 dex depending on the imps you have in etc etc.

Those 3 pieces of inq give around 75 fire resist
a heavy energy belt gives 70 energy resist
pa3 gives like 127 xray or more

so you dont need to skill any xray

75 fire resist-- skill 40 and you are at 115
70 energy resist -- skill 45 and you are at 115

spend your other points in ath and body health... poison cant really be done with a spy, if you want a good amount of body health. Just keep a heavy poison belt handy, and you will fare well.