PDA

View Full Version : New use of schockers

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 22:07
Well we have alot of shockers that are useless these days, so how about we change them to makin it usefull to make stealthers visible, so if you use the shocker on a stealther they'll become visible

Discuss.

a little edit : The shockers won't shock anymore, they will just be used to unstealth people when you hit the blue cloud when someone's stealthed (probably most usefull with melee shockers)

Disturbed021
12-03-04, 22:12
huh, not a bad idea.
Make shockers stop stealth and make para spells zap away Stamina (from another thread) and you can get rid of shock effects all together; ie have a better game :D :p

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 22:14
ow and just fyi i am a Stealthing PE so just so you guys know a PE came up with this :)

cRazy2003
12-03-04, 22:44
no its a shit idea, stealth would just be absolutly useless then, and how the hell do u hit them when they r in stealth to un-stealth them? o_O
so i say a big no

Hackenstein
12-03-04, 22:46
The code would be ugly. Youd have to make them tagetable only if the attacker has a shocker. But not targetable by anyoen else? ICK.

StryfeX
12-03-04, 22:46
Originally posted by cRazy2003
no its a shit idea, stealth would just be absolutly useless then, and how the hell do u hit them when they r in stealth to un-stealth them? o_O
so i say a big no Dude, use a little fuckin' brainpower and think before you type next time. :rolleyes:

Maybe shockers should simply disable stealth. Meaning that while you're shocked you can't stealth. Combined with para spells draining stamina, I think this idea would be a very cool idea.

--Stryfe

cRazy2003
12-03-04, 22:52
Originally posted by StryfeX
Dude, use a little fuckin' brainpower and think before you type next time. :rolleyes:

Maybe shockers should simply disable stealth. Meaning that while you're shocked you can't stealth. Combined with para spells draining stamina, I think this idea would be a very cool idea.

--Stryfe

i am using brainpower actually
EVERYONE would start using shockers again, and personally i wudnt waste the 90 tech-skill to use stealth

StryfeX
12-03-04, 22:56
i am using brainpower actually
EVERYONE would start using shockers again, and personally i wudnt waste the 90 tech-skill to use stealth Fair enough. There's probably some tweakage that could be done to make this more valid though.

What about making it so that if shocked and they stealth, they can't be targetted, but they are mostly visible, or maybe vice versa (targettable, but mostly invisible.)

--Stryfe

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 22:58
just fyi shockers won't shock anymore, the damn things are useless atm and i'm thinking of a new use

greploco
12-03-04, 23:01
interesting, not a bad idea

greploco
12-03-04, 23:07
Youd have to make them tagetable only if the attacker has a shocker

maybe not, stealthed poeple are currently "hittable" without being targetable

Disturbed021
12-03-04, 23:19

EVERYONE would start using shockers again, and personally i wudnt waste the 90 tech-skill to use stealth

Maybe eliminate the non-rare shockers completely and have only the rare ones remove stealth.

And either make it so you don't have to target someone to knock off stealth, just have it so if someone is using stealth and is within 20-30 meters of you it zaps it off.

Or have it so if you hit someone with a shocker they can't use stealth for like 10 seconds.

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 23:25
Originally posted by Disturbed021
Maybe eliminate the non-rare shockers completely and have only the rare ones remove stealth.

And either make it so you don't have to target someone to knock off stealth, just have it so if someone is using stealth and is within 20-30 meters of you it zaps it off.

Or have it so if you hit someone with a shocker they can't use stealth for like 10 seconds.

kinda forgot there are non rare shockers :rolleyes:

So basically it will only be with the rare shockers, and the non rare shockers will be removed or something

amfest
12-03-04, 23:40
So basically it will only be with the rare shockers, and the non rare shockers will be removed or something

OMG then the bums in storage will be able to un stealth? . OMG nerf!

anyhow no I think stealth just needs a bigger recharge time before each use and that will be settled. Currently stealth is like the transponder in UT where people would just constantly teleport themselves all the way to the enemy base and grab the flag without anyone being able to lockon them :rolleyes:

as for shockers hmmm make them sorta like kamikaze drones but not as devastating. Also you need energy packs that it'll use for each use and each use takes a bit of time to use again. It'll dish out a high voltage surge of energy dmg. Isn't that what they are? a taser isn't it? Just make it you can use it every 30 seconds or so maybe and require a energy pack charge.

Kal
13-03-04, 00:29
lol crazy i can tell your as stealth whore from your post