PDA

View Full Version : LE WB hacking

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 22:01
This just ticks me off, Some people go lower than low,..

There seem to be people who use LE's and stalk you when your hunting Warbots and when you have killed it just hack your warbot and steal your hardearned loot,.

Should this be a bannable offense ?
seeing as you can do exactly nothing about it except go to somewhere on the other side of the map to hunt ?

Hackenstein
12-03-04, 22:07
Well you can just leave or my favorite thing to do when people do that to me. I whip out my sniper and shoot 3 Warbots. Lead all 3 to the guy and

a) hide and log out(can be difficult)

b)use him as a shiled

= dead idiot!

Fun way to teach him a lesson. Or you could just report him.

brackk
12-03-04, 22:09
I think that this is just as bad as a nonLE shadowing an LE around and hacking the LE's kills. Probably both should be reported to abuse@

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 22:15
Originally posted by brackk
I think that this is just as bad as a nonLE shadowing an LE around and hacking the LE's kills. Probably both should be reported to abuse@

Very true, it seems it happens alot, and this is just lower than low

Strych9
12-03-04, 22:24
But wait-

If you get the kill, your hack is 10x easier than their is.

I had a hack skill of 110 on my PE. He couldnt hack a normal WB is he didnt get the kill... not enough paths. Those that get the kill have it EASY.

Now if I waited 15-30 seconds (however long it took) then I could hack it just as easily.

But if you are out hunting WBs, and you do the most damage, there shouldbe no way for someone else to beat you to a hack, regardless of LE status.

:confused:

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 22:28
Originally posted by Strych9
But wait-

If you get the kill, your hack is 10x easier than their is.

I had a hack skill of 110 on my PE. He couldnt hack a normal WB is he didnt get the kill... not enough paths. Those that get the kill have it EASY.

Now if I waited 15-30 seconds (however long it took) then I could hack it just as easily.

But if you are out hunting WBs, and you do the most damage, there shouldbe no way for someone else to beat you to a hack, regardless of LE status.

problem is these LE hackers outhack by having a higher hackskill, atm it's just not funny anymore

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 22:31
The best immeditate solution:

Upgrade yer fscking Hacking AND learn shortcuts to winning hackbattles.

I've done enough experimenting with the game to know it's possible, unless you deem it as gimping yerself.

Disturbed021
12-03-04, 22:37
Originally posted by Kenjuten
The best immeditate solution:

Upgrade yer fscking Hacking AND learn shortcuts to winning hackbattles.

I've done enough experimenting with the game to know it's possible, unless you deem it as gimping yerself.

True true. If ur good you can hack a WB in about 10 seconds, thus opening it when the timer is still at like 15 or so.

Only problem I can see with LE hackers is when you are trying to kill more than one wb. I consistently kill 2-3 wbs at a time with my APU when the wbs are bunched together. By the time you hack one of them a LE hacker could easily hack one of the other 2, but *shrug* I cant say I've had anybody try and do that to me.

Mattimeo
12-03-04, 22:59
Originally posted by brackk

I have this happen to me ALL the time, and it is lame.

MjukisDjur
12-03-04, 23:05
how come hack never ever finnish early for me anymore?

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 23:08
You might be fighting higher-AI CPU units than you have been in the past..whether it's because you moved up the difficulty ladder or KK simply tweaked the hacking system, I dunno.

It might also be you could be rusty, like my ass probably will be once I get back into this game. :p

nobby
12-03-04, 23:14
little babies, just learn to live with it, GOD u sound so stupid
"it should be a bannable offence" u should be banned so no more whining from the lot of ya

MjukisDjur
12-03-04, 23:14
rusty...? ill post a screeny asap

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 23:16
Heyo man, I meant it as a possibility, never said you were. :p

Well, anyway, lemme see. @_@

ghandisfury
12-03-04, 23:20
Originally posted by Inchenzo
problem is these LE hackers outhack by having a higher hackskill, atm it's just not funny anymore

If you don't have at least 55 hack, then don't hunt warbots. If you do, there is no reason that you shouldn't beet him to the hack. My PE had 130 hack at one time, and if it wasn't my kill, it was an impossible hack.

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 23:20
Originally posted by nobby
"it should be a bannable offence" u should be banned so no more whining from the lot of ya

I said "Should it be a bannable offence" not that it it should be, the thing is, the way the current system stands it's impossibel to do anything to the LE'ed hacker, and i'd like to hear what people think especially since there are LE'ed hackers who just stalk you and your kills, and run in to hack when you just made the kill

brackk
12-03-04, 23:21
Strych9 is entierly correct if the killer can get to the bot corpse within the 30 seconds or so. Ive had the drone bug where starting a second drone you "loose" credit for the initial damage and drop a WG titan and get 500cr. Those hack screens are impossible to do with 55 hack or so in my experience as you cant even activate 5 nodes much less 10. Thing is you cant always hack a bot fast enough before the bots lock goes into freeforall. I guess my main point is that it doesnt matter if its LE or nonLE stealing the loot either way its a shitty thing to do.

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 23:23
Originally posted by ghandisfury
If you don't have at least 55 hack, then don't hunt warbots. If you do, there is no reason that you shouldn't beet him to the hack. My PE had 130 hack at one time, and if it wasn't my kill, it was an impossible hack.

try seeing it from a riflers point of view, you'll need to walk to it first to start hacking and believe me there are people who succeed at hacking it the first time while it's not their kill (i even done that with 106 hack)

Richard Blade
12-03-04, 23:23
Something on a larger scale needs to be done here.
You've had LE people hack your bot, well, my LE character has had his bot stolen by a non-LE user. <shrug> Assholes in every group it seems.

Another thing though, if someone is shooting your target from a distance, you might not see the damage they do. So, they might actually have done more damage than you.
I've noticed that problem with rifles, long range pistol shots, and some of the apu spells. If you are a distance away from them, they won't see your damage either.
Instead of trying to steal your loot, they probably think you are trying to steal theirs.

That problem alone being fixed will solve more than half the, "it's my loot you thief" arguments.

amfest
12-03-04, 23:24
yea both sides doing that is lame but what you can do to work against this is make sure when the warbot is about to be killed and they are standing there stalking you just charge it . and don't kill it till you are right on top of it. and just whip out your hack tool and get it right as it falls to ensure you are getting into hack before them. I've been stalked before on a LE character with non LEs trying to hack my kills but I just did that and they eventually gave up

Omnituens
12-03-04, 23:32
best way to end a hack quick:

if you have loads of charges while the computer has only 3 or 4, make the computer waste a few, then use all your up.

remember, the hack ends if both side use up all their nodes. its a real bitch when the computer sits there with 1 charge and you have won within 7 seconds...

reminds me of counterstrike.....

Furion
12-03-04, 23:36
the funniest moment in my entire NC history was when i killled a WB and a LE spy came up to hack it, i started swearing in local, then all of a sudden another WB spawned and killed him. :lol:

numb
12-03-04, 23:40
Yeah the way I do a quick hack is to try and find a node that makes the computer use up 3 of it's lights (near the top if possible) - then when it's put it's third one in, light up that one again and it should use it's fourth. It is important not to light up anything else until it's done. Then just use up all your goes.

tomparadox
12-03-04, 23:41
the funniest moment in my entire NC history was when i killled a WB and a LE spy came up to hack it, i started swearing in local, then all of a sudden another WB spawned and killed him.
ROFL:lol: :lol:

yes i do agree this should atlest be a temp ban thing.

SPIKE (pluto)
13-03-04, 00:10
Maybe not as extreme as a ban, but a gms should allow players to kill LE'd runners in this kind of situation. Worst comes to worst, they can lock wbs off to everyone but killer, but that would mess up team hunting :(

Mattimeo
13-03-04, 00:37
Originally posted by SPIKE (pluto)
Maybe not as extreme as a ban, but a gms should allow players to kill LE'd runners in this kind of situation. Worst comes to worst, they can lock wbs off to everyone but killer, but that would mess up team hunting :(

Can the GMs also kill the non-LEd players that try to hack my WBs?

masterguyver
13-03-04, 01:21
what they could do is make it like reguler looting. the person that did the kill get first rights for a fue seconds. that could help with hacking, you can't start the hacking (unless you are the one that did the kill) for a fue seconds.

ZoneVortex
13-03-04, 01:24
yeah too bad you can't kill LE users with psi barrels anymore

i always did that to LEs who hacked my WBs...

mm sploitz for a sploit if you ask me

Keyol45743241
13-03-04, 01:51
This is a clear abuse of the LE chips intention. Report, sit back and enjoy.

GT_Rince
13-03-04, 02:06
Originally posted by Strych9

Yup - couldn't agree more...

Strych9
13-03-04, 03:04
Originally posted by ghandisfury
If you don't have at least 55 hack, then don't hunt warbots. If you do, there is no reason that you shouldn't beet him to the hack. My PE had 130 hack at one time, and if it wasn't my kill, it was an impossible hack. Exactly. I cant imagine someone running up and stealing the hack away. if its your kill, its pretty much a no-lose hack. If its not your kill, its near impossible to get the hack.

Shakari
13-03-04, 03:12
Originally posted by nobby

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

and yes it should be a bannable offense, ppl abusing the LE to get loot that isn't theres

SypH
13-03-04, 03:13
I actually had a non LE APU follow my Le'd APU around trying to steal my bots. When that wasnt working he tried to constantly trade or team me while I was hacking so that as soon as I opened the bot it would close again leaving him free to loot it. I disabled trade then carried on hunting. I ended up getting tired of having him around so I told him he could hack the next bot. As soon as he started hacking I lured over a WB and Large Spider sentry and zoned. Came back, he was dead and the WB was opened with a T and an L in it:)

amfest
13-03-04, 03:41
Originally posted by SypH
I actually had a non LE APU follow my Le'd APU around trying to steal my bots. When that wasnt working he tried to constantly trade or team me while I was hacking so that as soon as I opened the bot it would close again leaving him free to loot it. I disabled trade then carried on hunting. I ended up getting tired of having him around so I told him he could hack the next bot. As soon as he started hacking I lured over a WB and Large Spider sentry and zoned. Came back, he was dead and the WB was opened with a T and an L in it:)

greedy people are so gullible :lol:

IceStorm
13-03-04, 04:58
This just ticks me off, Some people go lower than low,..

There seem to be people who are non-LE'd and stalk you when your LE'd self is hunting Warbots and when you have killed it just hack your warbot and steal your hardearned loot,.

Should this be a bannable offense ?
seeing as you can do exactly nothing about it except go to somewhere on the other side of the map to hunt ?

It goes both ways, Inchenzo. And this:

is BS. I have 37 base hack on my capped LE'd Spy. Comes to 55 without a spy boost after imps. Most of my INT is split between Construction, Research, and Weapon Lore.

This is a clear abuse of the LE chips intention. Report, sit back and enjoy.
No, it's not. It's part of the game. If you don't want people hacking your warbots, find a way to get rid of the people or find other warbots. Personally, as I have an LE, I will wait and find a swarm of bots, lure them to the thief, and let them have a good time with him/her while he/she is hacking one of my kills.

Keyol45743241
13-03-04, 05:06
Originally posted by IceStorm
No, it's not. It's part of the game. If you don't want people hacking your warbots, find a way to get rid of the people or find other warbots. Personally, as I have an LE, I will wait and find a swarm of bots, lure them to the thief, and let them have a good time with him/her while he/she is hacking one of my kills. And that makes it less an abuse of a device intended to prevent PvP? Well, get an LE as a CA, go to the Canyon and proceed to shoot everybody standing around with a rocket launcher. Or... as a neutral to FA in TH ... or whatever. Point is, if you have the LE in and use it to piss of other people, you're going down the drain. Yes, while it is good fun to make them suffer, its nonetheless an abuse and should be reportet accordingly. If not for you, they'll look out for that dude if he does it the next time since he is already known to the GMs.

So, where again was your point?

IceStorm
13-03-04, 05:13
Well, get an LE as a CA, go to the Canyon and proceed to shoot everybody standing around with a rocket launcher.
This does damage to the non-LE'd players? Far as I knew it didn't. Is it irritating to others? Do you think it's FUN when someone pulls out a heavy weapon and shoots me when I'm in the middle of hunting (happens at least once a month)? Harassing PLAYERS is a reportable offense. THAT'S the issue, not the LE.

Point is, if you have the LE in and use it to piss of other people, you're going down the drain.
No, you're not. They've already said LE op spying is not "against the rules". LE is part of the game. Deal with it.

Yes, while it is good fun to make them suffer, its nonetheless an abuse and should be reportet accordingly. If not for you, they'll look out for that dude if he does it the next time since he is already known to the GMs.

So, where again was your point?
That non-LEs steal LE warbot loot and that you apparently want to use a double-standard to keep "your" loot safe, yet don't give a damm about "my" loot.

Loot stealing is part of the game. It's been mitigated by boosted requirements for hacking and locking out looting to the one who does the most damage, but that's it. There's no LE/non-LE to it - if someone's stealing your loot in a dangerous PvM area, use the danger to YOUR advantage and get rid of the looter.

Shujin
13-03-04, 05:14
woot i just realized about le hackin, im gonna put a le in my pointless hacking ppu

brackk
13-03-04, 05:21
Again this is not an LE issue If the original poster was a xx/30 droner and the thief was a xx/62 gentank then he was lucky the thief had an LE in or he'd be paste. I heard on trade-nc the other day a person conplaining about being ganked while in a hack of a warbot. LE isn't the problem being an asshole is the problem. I hate to break it to you but some assholes have LE's and some don't.

Jaffo
13-03-04, 17:42
le haxors really piss me off

just today i had 4 wbs chasing me and i killed them all i hax one and get nothing but junk

i come out of my hax screen to see a team of le players haxing my wbs - i try to out hax them but they have beatem me to it

normally i wouldnt mind but i nearly died several times kiling these bots and i enede up with nothing

surely ther eis somthing that can be done

angelsenior
13-03-04, 18:21
I myself hunt many warbots and for the moment havent got any situation were people hack the WB I kill whether LE or not.

I think the killer has 30 sec hacking rights (ie normal hack for him, difficult for anybody else).

In a situation were 2 runners fight the same WB and do almost same number of damage, the guy who did lowest damage has a slightly increased chance to hack the WB even though the other guy has the hacking right (the runner doing the most damage has hacking rights, check the bonus you get for the kill its a good indication whether its your kill or not).

You can only see damage numbers when A) target is in local area (less then 20-30 meters, dunno exactly) and B) your damage whatever the range.
If you shoot at long range, you indeed see only your damage, you can only assume any other runner is shooting too when the health bar goes down faster then usual.

check out the hunting spots on your server and hunt only in relatively calm areas to avoid coming upon such stealing assholes.
if you spot them either change hunting spot or wait for them to leave.

On another note, I dont see whats good for runners to wait around to steal others loot, anyone can kill and loot WB no matter what level (only need enough hacking and some combat skill, remember 50 hack is good to hack wb but not enough to hack fast) and im sure I can kill and loot WBs faster then when I would wait around for others to kill them instead and also you only get XP for killing it, not for waiting around => again to me stealing others loot isnt worth the time you put into it, certainly not as you piss off people at the same time.

But yeah, there are some assholes around but there's not much KK can do about that.