PDA

View Full Version : videos in neocron and more.

Zanathos
12-03-04, 21:48
I just thought of something, why not have videos in the game for when people first do things.

an intro video when you first go into the game with a new character.

a video when your waking from MC5, a video when your leaving MC5 or exploring MC5 or whatever.

a video of your first genrep/venturewarp.

basicaly videos that you see once when you do certain things in the game,

can only be done in safe zones oviously.

theres not gonna be many of those with B:DoY.....

but you get my point right?

watch the final neocron trailer, the begining of that trailer is what i mean.

plus a more eye apealing and interactive character creaction, faction selecting would be nice.

just make things more fancy, more eye catching and such.

its pretty bland when you first open the game, the music no offense, sucks, making a new character does not instill excitment.

Marx
12-03-04, 22:17
Originally posted by Zanathos
its pretty bland when you first open the game, the music no offense, sucks, making a new character does not instill excitment.

Do any games make you excited about being an absolute n00b at the bottom of the food chain who's about to spend alot of time on a leveling treadmill just to possibly make yourself mediocre?

Leebzie
12-03-04, 22:20
So long as the video's werent renders, but were done with the games engine (like, Deus Ex Convo Stylee). I dont know why but it really gets me when you see this incredible video and then the actual graphics dont really look like it/look worse than it.

Zanathos
12-03-04, 23:12
perhaos marx.

but still, maybe they could do things to build up the excitement as in your about to start a new adventure with yout character...............

and renderings of the game are probably better yes.

i see more and more games doing it.

joran420
12-03-04, 23:38
i would say definatly use renders if they were gonna do stuff like this

Crackitakk
13-03-04, 01:18
that would be sick, but i think they need an intro videao the most, for when u start up the game.....one where a spy kicks a tanks ass

Clive tombstone
13-03-04, 01:30
Im kinda getting at it sorta like what FFXI does with its "cut scenes" is what you mean right?

what happens is the character, for whatever the purpose is, is put into a cutscene with the game engine and well, the cutscene plays out. I think it would be sick!! 5stars.

one last thing though, Why do mods NEVER respond to anything that isnt spam or a direct insult to them? id like to see some comentary from them for once And I dont mean a quote from some comentary i accidentally overlooked wayback or a few weeks ago :D

Kenjuten
13-03-04, 05:03
Might be because they're probably responding to someone else's spamming (or flaming for that matter) or someone else's direct insulting at the mods. :D

Seriously though, most of them have other things and too many things to do than converse casually.

OTIS
13-03-04, 20:46
Originally posted by Crackitakk
.....one where a spy kicks a tanks ass

what is this jibberish?:p

Crackitakk
13-03-04, 21:24
happens all the time now 0tis, lol, i bet i could beat u in a fight

Lafiel
14-03-04, 00:35
Originally posted by Marx
Do any games make you excited about being an absolute n00b at the bottom of the food chain who's about to spend alot of time on a leveling treadmill just to possibly make yourself mediocre?

yep hmm lets see the 2 off top of my mind lineage 2 and ffxi

OTIS
14-03-04, 02:45
Originally posted by Crackitakk
happens all the time now 0tis, lol, i bet i could beat u in a fight

hmm perhaps...your a good spy