PDA

View Full Version : Large Clans - Good or Bad?

Saza
12-03-04, 18:49
I've always been a Pluto Player, but from what I've heard of Saturn, it aint much different over there...

Anyone noticed that Neocron tends to have two large massive clans that fight each other, and they hire other little clans to hit their enemies outposts? What are your thoughts on this? If you dont like it, is there a solution? And also, why is it that this is the way the game is run? I'm just curioius to see whether people think large clans is the way forward, or more independent smaller clans. Always been a topic that intrested me, right from NDA vs. TA and up to FF vs NCF.

No flaming please :)

Discuss away Neocron.

cRazy2003
12-03-04, 18:55
its impossible to have a GOOD small clan because if they start taking OP's and become really good then people will start joining and before u know it, its one giant clan again. anyways i prefer smaller clans, so at least u get more attention from the clan in a small group instead of a 80+ members clan

yibble
12-03-04, 19:02
I think the whole point of clanning is for a tight knit-social group of players with similar goals. This whole big clan thing is for the birds.

Yes, I know I'm one to talk, but it's how I feel now :)

Saza
12-03-04, 19:05
Originally posted by yibble
I think the whole point of clanning is for a tight knit-social group of players with similar goals. This whole big clan thing is for the birds.

Yes, I know I'm one to talk, but it's how I feel now :)

Agree totally....

Sefran
12-03-04, 19:10
Bad, cause small clans dont even have to bother about holding or even taking a op.

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 19:24
I'm pretty neutral to this entire discussion..

But I'd like to bring to this table the fact that there are probably people like me who couldn't care less.

I play the game my way.

So should everyone play the game their way.

It makes the game more interesting to me anyway. :)

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 19:29
I like the social aspect of large clans, but I think they are very bad for small population games like this that involve lots of pvp, territory control, etc.....

Marx
12-03-04, 19:32
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I like the social aspect of large clans, but I think they are very bad for small population games like this that involve lots of pvp, territory control, etc.....

my thoughts exactly.

HumphreY
12-03-04, 19:49
Faction with many small clans could easily dictate an op fight. Saturn FA proved it multiple times.

However I give you point that it comes quite difficult to actually keep an op without being a large clan. Simply it takes more to organizing a defence when someone is hacking your op. Most of the time the op holding clan actually has nobody online. Besides, small clans cannot effectively genrep enough people into the UG to repell the attackers. So allied clans normally take no notice of the op being hacked until they look at the world map. Then it's a op attacking matter to get it back again.

Lafiel
12-03-04, 19:52
Repeat threads of an annoying topic - bad

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 20:04
Is it annoying because it's redundant, or is it annoying because it attacks something within you?

Anyways, from what I've seen, it seems that groups of small clans can equal big clans in manpower anyway.

It's probably just a tad harder for bunches of small clans to cooperate. But hey, kudos to them if they can still overcome the supposedly juggernaut big clan(s).

Candaman
12-03-04, 20:52
As part of a smaller clan on pluto i feel big clans are bad!

g0rt
12-03-04, 20:55
large clans are always gonna walk all over smaller clans, because its easy to organise a group of players all sitting in teamspeak and on the same clan chat.

that and, if an op is under attack, EVERYONE can gr into the UG and fight.

also, everyone in the clan knows right away when a turret or layer goes down at an op, so no need for dming members of "other clans"

small clans can always zerg up a force to outnumber the large clan, but that force will diminish quickly so its impossible for little clans to hold ops

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 21:27
Since we're still using Starcraft Terminology...

It's a simple matter of a huge army of decentralized Zerg (small clans) versus a combined army of Protoss technology and human centralized force (teh big clan).

All that matters is the determination factor.

... A little luck too. :D

Judge
12-03-04, 21:30
Small clans all the way. A group of 12 very active people with a tradeskill alt each are a very effective team either on their own or in an alliance.

I think that most "large" clans are just pretending anyway.... they normally only have like 20 or slightly more people actually active.

g0rt
12-03-04, 21:35
Originally posted by Judge
Small clans all the way. A group of 12 very active people with a tradeskill alt each are a very effective team either on their own or in an alliance.

I think that most "large" clans are just pretending anyway.... they normally only have like 20 or slightly more people actually active.

cartel has 45 active runners, 6 semi-active and about 5 inactive

but i agree, clans like asen and phoenix have had 200+ members but i only see like 5-10 on at a time so who knows...

•Super|\|ova•
12-03-04, 21:37
Originally posted by cRazy2003
its impossible to have a GOOD small clan because if they start taking OP's and become really good then people will start joining and before u know it, its one giant clan again. anyways i prefer smaller clans, so at least u get more attention from the clan in a small group instead of a 80+ members clan

How can ppl start joining if you wont invite anyone? o_O

Saza
12-03-04, 21:55
Ya see, Ive always thought that big clans are too diverse to be any fun, as one person may be killing you, yet the other might be asking you for a hand in a fight. Smaller clans have tighter groups and so therefore know each other and improves overall gameplay experience.