PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is this crap?

Xian
12-03-04, 16:56
For a laugh today when I had a sync error I thought I'd count how many I would get before it finally worked, whilst I was on Teamspeak.

I've tried to log onto my PE 43 times now, and not a single time have I not had 0 cr and 0 soul light with no items, stuck in sync, or unable to use any of my items. Even when I try zoning whilst bugged, it stays, or gets worse.

Please don't try and tell me this is my fucking computer; as I will reiterate the point of I shouldn't have to own x setup to get Neocron to work. I can handle a few sync errors now and then, but for the past week Saturn has been a fucking nightmare for me.

This isn't a one-off occurence either. I can perfectly recall having 20-35 sync errors in one login attempt on my character over the past 4 weeks, and it's starting to get ever so slightly frustrating. I'm guessing this will get closed, or I'll get flamed, but I'd really love to see KK realise that there is something wrong at their end (or level 3's) that needs to be sorted, other than putting it down to "there's something wrong with your computer/connection".

ezza
12-03-04, 16:59
its strange tbh, cos i never have had this problem more than once, just once it happened.

normally i log in just fine.

though you aint the first person, this only seem to have started in recent months though its not something that has happened since start of retail

~Drav~
12-03-04, 17:00
there's something wrong with your computer/connection

Victor Crowe
12-03-04, 17:01
The "something is wrong with your computer" think isnt valid for all cases, that is for sure. I usually dont have any problems with NC on my almost NC dedicated PC beside some few FREs now and then. But the synch bug bittes me too sometimes and when it does I need usually like 15 login attempts to finally get in. It seems to be some connection or server issue.

Candaman
12-03-04, 17:01
Originally posted by ezza
its strange tbh, cos i never have had this problem more than once, just once it happened.

normally i log in just fine.

though you aint the first person, this only seem to have started in recent months though its not something that has happened since start of retail

Thats cus its u causing the problems BAN TEH EZZA AND THE LAG WILL GOOOOOOOOO

Xian
12-03-04, 17:05
Originally posted by ~Drav~

Well said, highly productive and so humourous I pissed myself. :rolleyes:

And to ezza : Sometimes I'm okay, sometimes I'm not. I thought my friend had the "magic setup" where he never got sync errors or fatals, but he's starting getting them a hell of a lot more now.

ZoneVortex
12-03-04, 17:06
Originally posted by ~Drav~

HRHR

i can't tell if you're serious or not

Sorontar
12-03-04, 17:18
Have you tried a complete reboot of your PC / modem etc.

I am on NTL and sometimes I have to turn everything off and start from fresh.

If you have and you are still having issues then it sucks ass.

ezza
12-03-04, 17:22
Originally posted by Candaman
Thats cus its u causing the problems BAN TEH EZZA AND THE LAG WILL GOOOOOOOOO its not my fault:(

Drake6k
12-03-04, 17:22
I had that problem once. I restarted and everything and still couldn't login without sync. I even had a GM move me to another zone. It turned out to be my routers firmware. Try and find a older version (that is what I did) or maybe a newer and it should work fine

Xian
12-03-04, 17:31
Originally posted by Drake6k
I had that problem once. I restarted and everything and still couldn't login without sync. I even had a GM move me to another zone. It turned out to be my routers firmware. Try and find a older version (that is what I did) or maybe a newer and it should work fine

I don't have a router.

I thought about the GM moving thing, but I zoned myself whilst bugged and it sorted nothing.

FlashFF
12-03-04, 17:39
do you have another PC on a LAN with you playing NC at the same time? or something sharing your localport?

try changing your localport in neocron.ini

LOCALPORT = "6010"

like that (you can change the port number to whatever you want)

SypH
12-03-04, 17:40
Originally posted by ezza
its not my fault:( It's okay Ezza....they're just jealous of your sexy tank sig.

ezza
12-03-04, 17:40
i suspected as much:)