View Full Version : poll on le use

masterguyver
12-03-04, 15:48
Did you take your le out and why?

any flaming will be reported.

•Super|\|ova•
12-03-04, 15:55
Where is the option "I took it out since I needed a PPU healing and buffing me while I level"?

Forget My Name
12-03-04, 15:56
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Where is the option "I took it out since I needed a PPU healing and buffing me while I level"?

That is the ONLY reason to take mine out early on. Too bad it is not on the poll. Didnt vote for the choices listed, but THIS choice gets my vote.

Strych9
12-03-04, 15:57
On my PPU: left the LE in while servicing runners in areas where most runners had their LE in... i.e. MB bunker. Since PKers ganke newbs there, more runners than not that are there have their LE in. So If I am to help them, I need my LE in as well. Once I progressed beyond the bunker, and moved onto the caves, I yanked it. Still not clanned.

On my tank: left the LE in while levelling with AOE. Removed it once I needed the brain slot for my Herc. Clanned, capped. Actively PvP/PK whenever I log this char.

On my spy: left the LE in while levelling, as I know of a lot of people that love to drop a droner's body... esp. a droner that yaps so much in the forums as me. ;) Removed the LE when I had to put my Hawkings in, and decided to stop droning altogether and just be a dedicated constructor.

On my APU: have the LE in right now, will remove it shortly. Since he is 0/3, I dont really have a need to yank it yet.

Mr_Snow
12-03-04, 16:09
I generally take mine out when Im leaving MC5 but the odd time Ill leave it in til I need the 4th brain slot which is at about /10 or /12 normally

Originally posted by masterguyver

Report if you want buty it wont stop flaming and this just reinforces the whiny carebear image you have already.

Elric
12-03-04, 16:12
needed 4th brain slot.

That option aint there either.

Dribble Joy
12-03-04, 16:14
Since my main char, (which I still play almost exclusively) was created at the start of retail, back when LEs increased reqs on items, I took mine out almost straight away.

Glok
12-03-04, 16:19
I was planning on leaving it in, but for some reason doing so bugged me. So it got yanked. No real reason, tho the 4th brain slot is nice.

PvP record so far:
Kills: 2 Deaths: ~20 :rolleyes:

But, I ain't capped yet. ;)

Judge
12-03-04, 17:45

Hahahahaha. Onoz... please don't report us. You crack me up every time you post.

And I said I took it out because of PvP.

PvP = t3h w1n

:p

ezza
12-03-04, 17:50
on all but one of my chars i took it out at early level so i could do the epics.

i keep it out cos i like fighting and slaughtering noobs like yourself who dont have Les in

why you still here Mr thread starter, and why aint you doing your normal bullshit threads

L3m0n
12-03-04, 17:53
i take mine out at rank **/30 then level then join a clan its the win:D

cRazy2003
12-03-04, 18:02
Originally posted by Judge
Hahahahaha. Onoz... please don't report us. You crack me up every time you post.

And I said I took it out because of PvP.

PvP = t3h w1n

:p

LOL yeah exactly
i chose for a clan as well as PvP i spose

sanityislost
12-03-04, 18:02
as soon as i get to mc5

-=BlackBeard=-
12-03-04, 18:13
with me it was both i wanted pvp action and i wanted to join a clan.

Kal
12-03-04, 18:30
i thought you said you quit guyver?

Strych9
12-03-04, 18:49
this is a good by post. for thoes players that have an open mind and can see past the pvp to what neocron can be. happy hunting.

to the rest.... go suck on a dead mutant rat's nose.

If I told you to go suck on a dead mutant rat's nose, would you report me for flaming?:wtf: :confused:

Mr_Snow
12-03-04, 18:56
Originally posted by Strych9
If I told you to go suck on a dead mutant rat's nose, would you report me for flaming?:wtf: :confused:

Knowing people like him yes.

yibble
12-03-04, 19:00
Yes, but for other reasons... I wanted to put another implant into that slot :)

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 19:02
I took it out for PvP.

hivemind
12-03-04, 19:03
I took mine out to slaughter carebears...

Judge
12-03-04, 19:09
Hey hivemind... are you back? :D :D :D

Myrlin
12-03-04, 19:10
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Since my main char, (which I still play almost exclusively) was created at the start of retail, back when LEs increased reqs on items, I took mine out almost straight away.

Ditto. After I rerolled, I already had a clan to join so I took it out right away and joined up.

Scikar
12-03-04, 19:21
Took mine out originally on my first char to join a clan. I now take it out 1) to PvP and 2) because I don't feel any atmosphere at all with an LE in.

Alex The Great
12-03-04, 19:24
I took it out to kill people like you.

Judge
12-03-04, 21:28
lmao alex. :)

Damn carebears. :p

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 21:48
I took mine out because I bloody FELT like it.

Asshats.

I also love hacking high-soullight belts. :D

Yes, I return valuable stuff. I'm not that bad. :o

Dade Murphey
12-03-04, 21:59
I took mine out so my friend who's a PPU could help me lvl...the only reason I took mine out early this time around...I usually leave it in until I need the brainslot...didn't vote on the poll as nothing there fits my answer

Hackenstein
12-03-04, 22:15
Sidetrack but, do LE's still have the restrictions and - exp effects?

zii
12-03-04, 22:25
I toko the LE out because at the time the gimp on standard reqs was too much of a draw back for me.

I never put it back in after that, since it didn't seem to fit with the spirit of the game, and frankly I've seldom died in pvp. Never really been ganked much either and I've been playing for over a year now.

@Hackenstein - no, they don't have any negative side-effects on item reqs anymore.

Devils Grace
12-03-04, 22:26

hmmm

im goin to be nice then..

didnt u quit ?
happy days are over it seems

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 22:26
From what I understood, the exp and req stuff is pretty much invisible now.

All it really does right now is:

-prevent pvp action
-prevent hacking Belts and OPs
-prevent own belt from dropping
-allows spying in certain areas
-keeps a brain slot filled

Which is why I've taken my own LE out.

hivemind
13-03-04, 00:00
Yeah Judge, I'm back. Came back about three weeks ago. Got myself a melee tank on Pluto in NCF right now.

More fighting = more fun

Judge
13-03-04, 00:03
Sweet hive. :)

I'm on a half break atm... I'm still on the forums (though less than normal) but I have my GCSEs coming up so no NC for me for a bit. Damn education, why can't you wait?

amfest
13-03-04, 00:10
-prevent own belt from dropping

I had a bug in the aggie cellers before where I dropped a belt while LE'd .. had to team a non-le'd runner to get my stilleto out of my belt since I couldn't access it myself ;)

masterguyver
13-03-04, 01:15
actualy I put that in sence I have seen flaming and being rude to other players getting out of hand on the fourm. (yes I admite I have done my fare share if it) So from now on usless i see a post or reply that i have something respectful to reply to. I will not post, and I hope that other players do the same. If you agree or not that is your opion, and i respect that.

P.S. can any mod alter the post to add. "took my le out to get buffed by a ppu"

Judge
13-03-04, 01:17
So what you're saying is that you haven't quit? Damn.

Kenjuten
13-03-04, 04:59
Either I need sleep, or I couldn't understand what guyver was saying...

Sorry man. :o

masterguyver
13-03-04, 05:19
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Either I need sleep, or I couldn't understand what guyver was saying...

Sorry man. :o
? sorry for what?

Kenjuten
13-03-04, 06:22
"actualy I put that in sence I have seen flaming and being rude to other players getting out of hand on the fourm. (yes I admite I have done my fare share if it) So from now on usless i see a post or reply that i have something respectful to reply to. I will not post, and I hope that other players do the same. If you agree or not that is your opion, and i respect that."

I didn't understand the majority of that. That's why I apologized D:

Lifewaster
13-03-04, 06:36
I took it out on all my chars at rank 0/2 , not just because I wanted to PvP, but because I wanted to fully immerse into the game, be able to join teams, be able to level with the added excitement of actually worrying about the consequences of where I was hunting and the risk of PvP that comes with that, because that is what the game is about, and finally to help maintain the games PvP environment for those other players who may choose to attack me regardless of level.

The sheer fact that you CAN attack some one you meet in a hunting spot and he can attack you, adds huge immersion to the game, you find people are more talkative, they take notice of each other more, and there is a respect for the other (even if only respect for the damage he can deal to you its still respect that DOES not exist when you meet a green name)

I really,really do not understand these people who feel the need to use a LE to level in this game.......

Kenjuten
13-03-04, 06:43
Security blanket.

I don't blame them.

But I don't use it either.

SypH
13-03-04, 07:15
2 of my chars are trade skillers. I want to level them as quickly and as easily as possible. When I cap the spy I'm working with atm (dex and int both 90) I'm lomming my resser to drones to do it all over again. With the LE in I've been able to level quite quickly (well quickly for me anyways) so I'll do it again with my resser. Once they are capped and lommed to the appropriate tradeskill I may think about removing LE's then.
My APU does nothing but farm WBs. I've no intention of capping or whatever for now. For now all he needs is to be equipped well enough to hunt, so he has LE in. My PE is being set up for combat, so I took his LE out.

Kenjuten
13-03-04, 14:10
Er....sorry? O_o

Having LE in deprives you of a 4th brain slot.

Mind explaining in elaboration?

I don't understand how having only 3 brain implants instead of 4 allows you to hunt warbots easier.

Glok
13-03-04, 15:04
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Er....sorry? O_o

Having LE in deprives you of a 4th brain slot.

Mind explaining in elaboration?

I don't understand how having only 3 brain implants instead of 4 allows you to hunt warbots easier. Because you don't drop a belt, and asshats can't kill you when you are hacking.

Menolak
13-03-04, 15:22
i take it out as soon as i wake up from mc5 since most of my char are anti-neocron. just does'nt make sense at all for e to keep it.

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 01:01
@ Glok: Eh. I thought you meant 'easier' in another fashion, my bad. :D

I tend not to keep my LE in for too long... doesn't matter much anyway; with my ~75 soullight I can pretty much walk around Plaza 1 without getting shot at (usually)...

Well...there was one time (yesterday) that I died, but that was because I teleported into Typherria, thinking I'd be okay even though I'm a Chran Sectman.

Next time I should keep note that I'm not exactly allowed into certain places even as a 'valued' neutral runner. :D

Of course, it'd help if I could be entirely officially neutral, without having the glitch that was around months ago..if you had no faction any monster kill would bleed your soullight dry. Icky...

Well, enough tangenting from me ^^;

Immersion is the primary factor I remove my LE units in the first place...and even losing my Shelter yesterday was quite alright; I can re-earn 12k credits easy.