PDA

View Full Version : Tank Combat Rank

Capt. Rik
12-03-04, 11:11
Hi,

Currently my tank has a rank of 48/61

How do i raise the first number i.e. the weapon rank? I see lots of tanks whose levels are quite similar to mine ( around / 62 ) but their weapon rank is often 55/

I have
Wep Lore - 86
STR - 88 base, 109 with imps, 113 with PA2
Heavy Combat - 167
CON - 78
Agility - 108

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:12
More HC.

naimex
12-03-04, 11:12
by getting an all arti gun and capping it.. the higher the better..

even though you fully cap the gun. having higher gun stats (= overcap if that was possible) you would get a higher rank.

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:15
That too, of course. 160 HC is prolly too little to cap even an artifact high-level weap. Just wait till you gain slightly more str.

Btw, how is it that your str and con are so low, and yet you're at /61? Drugging?

Capt. Rik
12-03-04, 11:16
Originally posted by ResurgencE
More HC.

I have 82 in transport including imps/armour and the rest in HC. I have only 12 str levels to gain giving me an extra 12 points. will this make such a big difference?

Edit:

I get /61 naturally, no drugs

tuxy
12-03-04, 11:18
what are u doing with 82 points in transport
all points in hc is the cookie cutter setup u want to get 55+ combat rank on a tank

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:19
My suggestion is to drop transport by a considerable margin, because you get sufficient from your imps (assuming you use the right ones). You str also effects your ability to carry more items in this regard.

The 12 levels make a difference at a certain point. I forgot the exact number, but perhaps like after 170 or 180, each point provides more of a boost than it initially did. So yes, every point makes a difference.

naimex
12-03-04, 11:19
Originally posted by Capt. Rik
I have 82 in transport including imps/armour and the rest in HC. I have only 12 str levels to gain giving me an extra 12 points. will this make such a big difference?

yes and no.

will help you in :

Aim + Freq + Range + Recoil

(dmg is most likely capped even at your current state)

Range doesnt really matter
Recoil is not noticeable in 3rd person
Freq is most likely not too bad.. but always nice to shoot faster
Aim is more of something you have to practise with yourself.. no good capping aim on a gun if you cant keep your reticle inside your enemies target box

Capt. Rik
12-03-04, 11:21
btw my imps are:

Marine
Moveon
zerk 3
zerk 2

I'm trying to get 1 more str level so i can replace my zerk 2 with a targetting computer 3 and still use my malediction without drugs

Edit: and i'm not using PA2 at the mo as i'm spending most of my time hunting fire mobs

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:21
Aim is more of something you have to practise with yourself.. no good capping aim on a gun if you cant keep your reticle inside your enemies target box

I have yet to see a capped tank who has capped aiming on his weapon, naimex.;)

[/Edit] Ah, just noticed that you have 113 str with all imps and PA on, Capt. Rik. I thought you had a total of 88 str, and thus couldnt figure out how you managed to hit lvl /60 +. :D

naimex
12-03-04, 11:23
I have yet to see a capped tank who has capped aiming on his weapon, naimex.;)

non rares are easy to cap in aim.

even seen judgement day launcher with capped aim..

INFERNO22
12-03-04, 11:23
60/72 with out ppu buffs or drugs just tanky hc 1:angel:

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:26
non rares are easy to cap in aim.

lol....Obviously. Any capped player of any class can cap all stats on a gun several TLs lower than his ability.

But how many capped tanks do you see running about with non-rares? Im referring to tanks never being able to cap the higher-end weaps, which they all use. :D

He'll simply have to learn aiming, because thats one thing he can never cap, if hes to use the best weaps available.

Capt.Rik, head here if you havent before, to consider how much your points will come in handy, in general:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477

Nightbrother
12-03-04, 11:28
Originally posted by INFERNO22
60/72 with out ppu buffs or drugs just tanky hc 1:angel:

Good for you, but how does that help the threadstarter up his HC? ;)

You definitely have to lessen the amount of transport you have. I would have thought that you got more than 48/ with 160 in HC, but I probably remember wrong. Are you using hc 1, like inferno22 mentions?

naimex
12-03-04, 11:29
well... uhhm..

a few..

if I even bother logging on my tank anymore I always think..

TPC ? or CS ?

usually it ends up with CS.. just for show.. but now ?.. Thereīs a lot of more reasons to choose the TPC.

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:31
Always a viable choice.

Hows the aiming on the TPC anyhow? Not the stats. I mean does it fire as inaccurately as a capped libby?.

Crest
12-03-04, 11:34
For hunting tank ... Transport comes in handy, for PvP tank it dont ...

Also depends on weapons ... CS gives 56 - 57 ... When capped with right setup .... Dommie and Mal give good stats too

alig
12-03-04, 11:35
lol theres no reason to choose tpc over a cs...well dunno at this very moment cuz i havent played nc or patched it since it was patched:mad: but i can get 240% aiming on cs without a ppu if i wanted to...but my normal 225% aiming is good enough.

Capt. Rik
12-03-04, 11:35
Originally posted by Nightbrother
Are you using hc 1, like inferno22 mentions?

That's unbuffed but with self-cast HC1 it makes no difference.

In fact, using a CS, Mal, Dev, or Moonie makes no apparent difference to the 48/

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:36
I normally wouldnt pick a TPC over a CS either.

naimex
12-03-04, 11:36
Always a viable choice.

Hows the aiming on the TPC anyhow? Not the stats. I mean does it fire as inaccurately as a capped libby?.

well..

If we say you have constant lock on target ::

TPC = 4/4 blobs every time.
CS = Random hits.. (close combat usually 3/4 or 4/4)

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:37
Hmm..Well, the TPC IS faster, and does force against monks.

Perhaps its a good idea. Depends on the situation, i suppose. (Carry both. Epic items dont fall out, remember? ;) )

naimex
12-03-04, 11:38
Hmm..Well, the TPC IS faster, and does force against monks.

Perhaps its a good idea. Depends on the situation, i suppose. (Carry both. Epic items dont fall out, remember? ;) )

weīre not talking the same language..

i believe you are talking "Proto Cannon" as I am talking "Tangent Plasma Cannon"

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:43
Oh...lol. Was wondering why you were picking one over the other. You mean the lower version of the CS.

My bad. Got it mixed with TSG.

And now i REALLY have no idea why you'd pick a TPC over a CS. :D

Capt. Rik
12-03-04, 11:43
ok, the two main weapons i use:

1 slot Malediction (Dam: 118%, Freq: 110%, Hand: 113%, Range: 120%)

I get - Damage: 148%
Aim: 125%
Shot Freq: 27 / min
Recoil: 1
Range: 93m

2 slot Cursed Soul (Dam: 120%, Freq: 106%, Hand: 108%, Range: 117%)

Shot Freq: 148 / min
Recoil: 17
Range: 257m

naimex
12-03-04, 11:44
Oh...lol. Was wondering why you were picking one over the other. You mean the lower version of the CS.

My bad. Got it mixed with TSG.

And now i REALLY have no idea why you'd pick a TPC over a CS. :D

Because lots of people I couldnīt kill with CS (with the socalled overpowered CS)

I could kill with TPC (tangent plasma cannon)..

now.... I am actually waiting for a patch to reverse the changes...

I never thought I would come to use my old char again.

(my very first char..)

used to be an overpowered hybrid.. then lommed to PPU when hybrids got hit.

made my tank.... but now Iīve lommed the monk back to hybrid.

then itīs my tanks turn to hide in the shadows.

ok, the two main weapons i use:

1 slot Malediction (Dam: 118%, Freq: 110%, Hand: 113%, Range: 120%)

Shot Freq: 27 / min
Recoil: 1
Range: 93m

2 slot Cursed Soul (Dam: 120%, Freq: 106%, Hand: 108%, Range: 117%)

Shot Freq: 148 / min
Recoil: 17
Range: 257m

you are seriously gimped.

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 11:45
Problem is, you havent capped your weaps yet. You definitely require more HC in this regard, and if all else fails...A new CS. :(

Capt. Rik
12-03-04, 11:48
Originally posted by naimex
you are seriously gimped.

Hmmm. How else can i gain HC? I can lom off most of my transport into HC and put my last str levels into it as well. Is this enough?

Edit: I have 3 CS's and the one i posted is the best :confused:

.Cyl0n
12-03-04, 11:51
put everything into HC and mod your weapons on FREQ and HANDLING ... you`ll cap dmg anyway and range doesnt matter :)

use hardenbackbone 3

/€ damn i`m sleepy :p

naimex
12-03-04, 11:51
Hmmm. How else can i gain HC? I can lom off most of my transport into HC and put my last str levels into it as well. Is this enough?

well for starters

::

take that ugly str booster out and put in a hardened backbone

get a zerk 2(herc if you have), zerk 3, marine and moveon.
and put on biggest pa you can

that is for full gaining in hc and str. (usually not good to go for that setup.)

Nightbrother
12-03-04, 11:53
btw my imps are:

Marine
Moveon
zerk 3
zerk 2

He already has those in, as he said on the 1st page. :)

naimex
12-03-04, 11:55
Originally posted by Nightbrother
He already has those in, as he said on the 1st page.

oops.. had an image from another thread where the implants were all wrong in my head.

sorry.

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 12:45
Because lots of people I couldnīt kill with CS (with the socalled overpowered CS)

Hmm...I dunno. Its relatively simple to cap or remain near-cap of the 227 rof of the CS. That means that a CS-wielder is doing more damage to you at the same speed. Granted, your aiming slightly improves with the TPC, but then again, good tanks can hack it without the boost. And then, the dmg and rof will eat into your defenses, while you're returning less damage.

All comes down to how well you aim. As an individual whos played PEs/Monks for ages, i too, am having difficult aiming the CS. I suppose all it takes is practice, which i need more of.

Capt. Rik
12-03-04, 12:46
Forgot to say that those weapon stats are without me wearing PA2. I think i nearly cap the weapons when wearing it.

Can't check now tho, i'm at uni

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 12:48
Check and let us know. The aforementioned implant setup is for leveling purposes only, and should be changed if you plan on pvp'ing.

naimex
12-03-04, 12:50
Hmm...I dunno. Its relatively simple to cap or remain near-cap of the 227 rof of the CS. That means that a CS-wielder is doing more damage to you at the same speed. Granted, your aiming slightly improves with the TPC, but then again, good tanks can hack it without the boost. And then, the dmg and rof will eat into your defenses, while you're returning less damage.

All comes down to how well you aim. As an individual whos played PEs/Monks for ages, i too, am having difficult aiming the CS. I suppose all it takes is practice, which i need more of.

i dont know why..

only thing MAJORLY different is the aiming % on the gun..

everything else is practically capped..

its just..weiiird.

the CS hit almost all blobs did good damage before..

a good burst in combat could do 128 with CS
and a good burst in combat could do 99 with TPC

even though i hit the same amount, did acceptable damage with both guns.. just some people that i could only kill with the TPC.

but.. now.. I might aswell use TPC vs anything. CS dmg ainīt worth wasting a rare over a non rare for.

gonna do some test with warbots when i get home.

saw a dude (think it was in german forum)
saying :

pre patch : 4x 99 dmg on a warbot with a cs
now : 4x 94 dmg on a warbot with a cs

I donīt agree with these numbers since i did 137 dmg to a warbot with my cs last patch.

Dont know what he has done wrong.. but im gonna go see the dmg when i get home.

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 13:01
even though i hit the same amount, did acceptable damage with both guns.. just some people that i could only kill with the TPC.

Yeh, i know what you mean. I think the problem lies in the fact that those folks must've been better at dodging, and boasted exceptional amounts of atl/agl coupled with good resists. It varies from person to person, but on the whole, the more you hit, the better. You're right.

but.. now.. I might aswell use TPC vs anything. CS dmg ainīt worth wasting a rare over a non rare for.

Think ill run some tests myself. If i can get the aiming down pat for the CS, then i'd prefer the dmg it does over the TPC.

I donīt agree with these numbers since i did 137 dmg to a warbot with my cs last patch.

Perhaps the guy posted his dmg against WB Titans?

ezza
12-03-04, 13:08
Originally posted by naimex

you are kidding right? i watched a clan mate take down many people with cursed soul since the patch.

they have simply put the damage back to what it was, so its not a waste

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 15:39
Ive noticed the same, ezza.

I think Naimex is of the point of view that since you get more aim on a TPC since its lower in TL, that it serves its purpose.

Ran a little test, and i still prefer the CS. To each his own, of course.

ezza
12-03-04, 15:43
well maybe, but unless the CS user is a noob, hes gonna own a TPC user anyday imo

naimex
12-03-04, 15:45
I hit practically same amount with CS as with TPC..

yet I find TPC in a lot of cases to be better than the cs as it is now.

about to go test the warbot thing now.

Strych9
12-03-04, 15:46
Originally posted by ezza
you are kidding right? i watched a clan mate take down many people with cursed soul since the patch.

they have simply put the damage back to what it was, so its not a waste Well did your clan mate try to do the same with a good TPC?

If not, then the fact that he did it with a CS means NOTHING.

Cause if he could ALSO take down "many people" with a TPC, then why use a rare weap (aside from the swirly... :))

Not saying the TPC is better- just that if the damage of the CS is now close to the TPC, and the TPC hits more often, it may be a worthwhile test...

ezza
12-03-04, 15:51
but it isnt close to the TPC, its just been returned to what it was before, why are people saying its sucks now, you people need to get your heads checked, did it suck a few patches ago? no, was tpc better then CS then? no

get over it, the CS is back to the damage it was before, so you cant drop someone in like 1/2 a clip now onoz

ResurgencE
12-03-04, 16:02
I hit practically same amount with CS as with TPC..

Then whats the difference?

Not saying the TPC is better- just that if the damage of the CS is now close to the TPC, and the TPC hits more often, it may be a worthwhile test...

I seriously doubt they're that close. The CS was nerfed to the acceptable damage it did pre-patch. That doesnt mean its only slightly more powerful than a TPC.

naimex
12-03-04, 16:34
iīve just tested on different mobs..

seems I must have had a bad day..

or ping had interrupted (it was weird that day)

here are the numbers i got :

Ok : been out in wastes (near MB) doing some damage tests with CS and TPC (patch 197 only) : (nerf wasnīt as bad as it seemed it seems.. must have been a bad day)

Results are as following :

Tiny Crab lvl 2/2 :

CS = 4x 362
TPC = 4x 261

Small Crab lvl 3/3 :

CS = 4x 357
TPC = 4x 258

Crab lvl 10/10 :

CS = 4x 322
TPC = 4x 233

Mutant Warrior lvl 20/20 :

CS = 4x 273
TPC = 4x 197

Mutant Gunman lvl 22/22 :

CS = 4x 263
TPC = 4x 190

Swamp Warrior lvl 37/37 :

CS = 4x 189
TPC = 4x 136

Mad Copbot lvl 48/48 :

CS = 4x 139
TPC = 4x 101

Spiderbot Sentry lvl 50/50 :

CS = 4x 124
TPC = 4x 90

Warbot Titan lvl 85/85 :

CS = 4x 94
TPC = 4x 67

Capt. Rik
12-03-04, 22:15
Just lommed all my transport into HC

I'm now 52/61 * :D

On my Cursed Soul I get:
Damage: 178%
Aim: 185%
Shot Freq: 179/min
Recoil: 14
Range: 310m

Cheers for all the help and the CS / TPC discussion

ServeX
12-03-04, 22:37
highest rank I've ever been is 66/94.

borlegan
12-03-04, 23:23
when you all say "put all on heavy", do you mean all ?... zero resist ?

I suppose that you will have to put 20-30 on transport because you need to carry ammo...

thx

naimex
13-03-04, 00:07
Originally posted by borlegan
when you all say "put all on heavy", do you mean all ?... zero resist ?

I suppose that you will have to put 20-30 on transport because you need to carry ammo...

thx

you get some 30 or so from imps thats enough transport.

force resist isnt really neccessary you get some 30 off imps and a lot from armor..

hc is the best choice to put points.

Vid Gamer
13-03-04, 02:53
I had the same problem you did Capt. Rik.

Just put all your STR points in H-C and get a all-around 120% rare and you'll get a ** Tank.

Scikar
13-03-04, 02:57
Originally posted by ezza
but it isnt close to the TPC, its just been returned to what it was before, why are people saying its sucks now, you people need to get your heads checked, did it suck a few patches ago? no, was tpc better then CS then? no

get over it, the CS is back to the damage it was before, so you cant drop someone in like 1/2 a clip now onoz

Yeah but what about all the other weapons with unintentional boosts? CS wasn't the only weapon which was boosted. And before 196 RoLH was more powerful than CS. 108 pistol > 105 cannon which slows you down when you draw it?

Shakari
13-03-04, 03:20
Originally posted by alig
lol theres no reason to choose tpc over a cs...well dunno at this very moment cuz i havent played nc or patched it since it was patched:mad: but i can get 240% aiming on cs without a ppu if i wanted to...but my normal 225% aiming is good enough.

Umm 240% aiming???? the cap is 227% I thought???

pearl
13-03-04, 03:37
267 is aim-cap.

however... i like rather a small combat rank because it gets me more reward for killing small reaper spiders.

ResurgencE
13-03-04, 07:22
Umm 240% aiming???? the cap is 227% I thought???

Thats RoF cap (Rate of Fire). 227/min.

Shakari
13-03-04, 16:37
Thats RoF cap (Rate of Fire). 227/min.

woot makes me feel good having 223 RoF then hehe

whats the aiming cap then??

Vid Gamer
13-03-04, 19:58
Originally posted by pearl
267 is aim-cap.

Vid Gamer