PDA

View Full Version : Need one of u NEtwork Gurus

Crest
12-03-04, 10:32
Ok so I got TS V 2

And set up a server ... and a client.
On local network I can connect to the server , when going through firewall and router to the listed servers, my server is on the server lists but I cant connect... something about not running ....

I have enabled the default port on my network (this is where the fuzzy stuff starts)

Special Aplication Ports section of firewall I have an option for a
trigger port and a public port ... make them both the default TS port number and then make sure they on UDP ....

Still nothing ....

Anyone have anything similar and can help

Also I have a 1 meg con, is that enough to host a 6 person TS server ?
and play NC

g0rt
12-03-04, 10:40
you want to make sure your firewall/router is forwarding UDP port 8767 and tcp port 51234 to your TS server box

assuming you're using the default ports

edit - or you can just make your ts server box your network's DMZ..if your firewall/router has that option and you don't need it to be another machine...

Crest
12-03-04, 10:41
Thanks .. I am using the 8767 already will configure for the 51234

g0rt
12-03-04, 10:42
Originally posted by Crest
Thanks .. I am using the 8767 already will configure for the 51234

no problem make sure 51234 is tcp not udp ;)

Crest
12-03-04, 10:49
Picked that up from looking at the S web site ... the other port is 14534 they recomend opening on tcp

g0rt
12-03-04, 10:50
Unless you want other people to administrate your server, i would leave that CLOSED...its web access for the teamspeak web-based administration.

Keeping it closed to your internal network only would be smart unless you're planning on having friends admin the server.

Crest
12-03-04, 14:45
I tried the above, no go

The options were
Trigger Port - Trigger Type -- Public Port -- Public Type -- Enabled
8767 ------ --- UDP ----------- 8767 -------- UDP ------ YES
51234 ------ -- TCP ----------- 51234 ------- TCP --------- YES

Also disabled NAT

Anything else i can try

Also how does the Trigger oort / public port thing work ...

I can put a range in public port ... but not trigger port

brackk
12-03-04, 20:54
Some routers allow you to place a internal workstation in the DMZ this unfortunatly gives no firewall protection. Some routers use the term "virtual server" and this setting allows you to pass a port from the internet IP to a nat IP(or static) in your network. Just remember that you have to enter the TS servers internal IP in the router and the ports you want to open.

(edit) I think you are looking in the wrong area on your router my DL707 has an area for triggers but that is in application compatibility and i "think" this modifies outbound traffic behavior.