PDA

View Full Version : Saturn DB Issues

Carinth
12-03-04, 08:04
I rarely ever play on Saturn, but I did have a character there and had a fair amount of valuables on that char. So for the most part I didn't look into all the db problems and issues they were having. Until I tried logging in my character today to give items to a friend. First hint that something was wrong was that my female monk named Crysta appeaered on the character selection screen as having the same head and stats as my male monk on pluto(Carinth). I quit nc and came back with no change, so I logged in and arrived in the hallway of one of my plaza 2 apartments. I could not enter my apartment, the entrance button wouldn't work, so I went down the elevator and found that the pw for my apartment didn't work, it said no such location exists. Alarmed, I then realized that I had 0cr, no armor/imps/inventory/belt at all. I borrowed some money and gr'd to my starter apt to find it had been reset, with a single piece of junk in each cab. I returned to plaza and as a last effort, checked my gogo.. oddly enough I still had stuff in my gogo, including a couple rares.

So... does this sound familiar? I can only guess it hasta do with db corruption/loss. It's certainly not a hacker or else why would he leave my gogo, and how would he reset my starter apt. More importantly why would he mess with my saturn character when my pluto character has more valuables then fort knox. Plus the false character image is suggestive of corruption.

I'm just curious if this is a common thing on saturn, or did I get lucky : )

SypH
12-03-04, 08:13
Lately it seems to be more common. I recently got shafted as did some other people I've talked to. KK have taken their usual "tough shit" stance=/

Invertigo
12-03-04, 08:16
the monk thing happend to everyone awhile back, you have to log on the char and then zone once for it to go abck to normal...however i dunno about your other problems... my accounts been inactive for a couple weeks...i hope this shit didnt happen to me and ill have no way of knowing...

mdares
12-03-04, 08:16
its things like this that make me glad i havent played for a week... too much work and all that... but also it scares me to log on one day nad find everything gone :(

greploco
12-03-04, 08:20
I've been getting some "perma-morph" of items that are in cabs and inventories. this isn't the regular morph that goes away when one relogs, it stays.

yes, there is something fishy. as to whether or not its new or old I have no clue.

at least I'm not having a sync bug where I morph to someone else and then can raid their goguard or conversely put their inventory items in my goguard. knock on wood, that bug seems squashed.

Seven
12-03-04, 08:24
This shit is getting old. :(

Bl@zed
12-03-04, 08:50
yeah, i lost my fully stocked lvl 3 tech apt. KK gave me the usual "not our fault" responce. Gotta love the way they help customers :(

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 09:09
Does Pluto have this sorta problem too?

I could just go "yay for Pluto" on this one, but eh.

Sorry to hear Saturn has some major sh*t that hit the lagging fan. :(

ZoneVortex
12-03-04, 09:14
Cari that happened at some point on Saturn

all my saturn chars were inactive for about 5 months....

then i log on the other day to check em out and they all now show the same tank avatar on the login

when i log into any of them, it shows me as a monk until i zone

not only that, but all of my characters have a perma red-haze to them....

i dun think i ever lost any items to this though

Invertigo
12-03-04, 09:25
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Does Pluto have this sorta problem too?

I could just go "yay for Pluto" on this one, but eh.

Sorry to hear Saturn has some major sh*t that hit the lagging fan. :(

pluto seems to be fine to me...

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 09:27
Yeah, I haven't played in the longest-ass time, that's why I asked. :D Thanks.

Seven
12-03-04, 09:33
Originally posted by Bl@zed
yeah, i lost my fully stocked lvl 3 tech apt. KK gave me the usual "not our fault" responce. Gotta love the way they help customers :(

Who's fault is it then??? o_O

Carinth
12-03-04, 09:37
Thanks for the replies, I'm glad I don't care much about the character, just sad at all teh stuff lost, I was actualy going to return several mil and an apt of rares to a friend that gave them to me a long time ago. Ohwell, I'm not even gonna send a mail to helpdesk, I know they wouldn't be able to do anything. I feel sorry for those that do play saturn seriously, bugs like that are definitly not kosher.

For the most part Pluto is fine, every so often something odd happens, but nowheres near as often as on Saturn. About the worst that happens on Pluto is synching into other ppl's apartments, having to relog 5 times before your items appear in inv/gogo, and sometimes synching into another character. That is just being able to see their character in your rpos, not actualy being able to manipulate anything of theirs. If I read you right there was a time on Saturn when you could actualy loot their gogos while synched in another char? Wow that's pretty bad.

By far the coolest bug tho, was seeing myself standing infront of me. An exact replica of me appeared infront of me in plaza 3 where I usualy hang out. Down to my clan tags and everything. Even better, when I talked and made character animations, my character didn't move, but the replica did. Likewise swapping spells wouldn't actualy move anything for me, but I would see my replica move his arm. It was pretty freaky.

Invertigo
12-03-04, 09:43
Originally posted by Carinth
Thanks for the replies, I'm glad I don't care much about the character, just sad at all teh stuff lost, I was actualy going to return several mil and an apt of rares to a friend that gave them to me a long time ago. Ohwell, I'm not even gonna send a mail to helpdesk, I know they wouldn't be able to do anything. I feel sorry for those that do play saturn seriously, bugs like that are definitly not kosher.

For the most part Pluto is fine, every so often something odd happens, but nowheres near as often as on Saturn. About the worst that happens on Pluto is synching into other ppl's apartments, having to relog 5 times before your items appear in inv/gogo, and sometimes synching into another character. That is just being able to see their character in your rpos, not actualy being able to manipulate anything of theirs. If I read you right there was a time on Saturn when you could actualy loot their gogos while synched in another char? Wow that's pretty bad.

By far the coolest bug tho, was seeing myself standing infront of me. An exact replica of me appeared infront of me in plaza 3 where I usualy hang out. Down to my clan tags and everything. Even better, when I talked and made character animations, my character didn't move, but the replica did. Likewise swapping spells wouldn't actualy move anything for me, but I would see my replica move his arm. It was pretty freaky.

yea it does suck... like when my char turned green and i completly lost all of my items and money twice...

BTW car your sig pwns:lol: :lol:

greploco
12-03-04, 10:45
If I read you right there was a time on Saturn when you could actualy loot their gogos while synched in another char? Wow that's pretty bad.

absolutly correct. I'm ashamed to say that I stole some batqueen implants this way. I felt bad, but there was nicer stuff, I just took the imps, I didn't take that. I also know other people who this happened to.

yes, playing on saturn is a little scary sometimes.

to this day I don't store apartment keys in my goguard.

my worst loss was about 50 rare parts, pretty minor compared to what's happened to some people.

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 10:47
heh, makes me wonder if anything happened to my stuff after all this time...

I doubt I'll be playing on servers other than Pluto from now on...but hopefully Saturn gets better =\

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 12:06
The coolest bug was when I synched into a PE and got his shelter/buffs/ and 20 second stealth.

So I was a stealthing apu for a little bit. :p

Clownst0pper
12-03-04, 12:08
Never lost anything I dont think :confused:

@ Shadow Dancer - I so saw you in plaza 1 yesterday afternoon..

Traitor, Saturn > Pluto :lol:

greploco
12-03-04, 12:09
well, that was a long time ago - like more than a year

things do seem a bit better now (knock on wood)

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 16:49
:lol: @ greploco

Lemme lay it down, Clown:

Saturn = (sorta) Pluto

It's just a different playing experience D: