PDA

View Full Version : Remove the mana pool, and more

ZoneVortex
12-03-04, 06:03
I propose a total rework of psi, while also adding a whole lot of new weapons and counter psi items

First step would be to remove the psi pool

The skill of PSU in turn would instead completely effect spell Freq.
PPW would now affect psi AIMING

Spells would gain a reticle, which would close faster depending on how much PPW you have (it'd be like weapon lore, but under psi)

In return for having a reticle added, spells would no longer require mana

Think about this first before you freak out

Reticle = not hitting 100% of the time
No mana pool would i think balance this out

In turn, since spells could be casted many times in succession (with no mana pool existing), more anti heal, anti shelter, anti deflector weapons would be added for the other classes besides monks

Just sit on the idea for a while and then give you your input on why this might be overpowered or underpowered.

Invertigo
12-03-04, 06:08
i think it would have to be put on like the test server first, and testing and see if it really works like you think it might...

just instantly changing to this new system on retail could prolly be a bad idea...

however i wouldnt mind TESTING it like on test server...and then see how it really is...

i think the main reason though that psi has no ret right now is because the class in general is weak when it comes to defence (apus), and its kinda suppose to balance out...

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 06:17
So reticle wouldn't affect damage, it would affect whether monks even hit in the first place?

Terrible idea.

Invertigo
12-03-04, 06:18
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
So reticle wouldn't affect damage, it would affect whether monks even hit in the first place?

Terrible idea.

could do both, or actually just effect damage period...because i kinda like that idea more than the hitting oneo_O

amfest
12-03-04, 06:25
First step would be to remove the psi pool

yes and monks will have to spend the first half of their day memorizing the spells they wish to use for the day which can only be used once during that day. Also they are limited to the number of spells they can cast within a certain level.

anyhow remove psi pool? and add reticle? umm just give them guns then. If you want this then remove ammo from guns since they can't hit 100% of the time cause of reticle right? Remove pool then psi boosters would have to become TRUE ammo and have only so many uses that load into the psi modules and have reload time. A sorta pyshic goo that gives the module the power to control your energy channeled into it. Also psi boosters would need to be increased in weight maybe :P

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 06:27
Originally posted by Invertigo
could do both, or actually just effect damage period...because i kinda like that idea more than the hitting oneo_O

It should just affect damage. But let's say the reticle is 3/4 closed and it doesn't hit at all? Yea ok. It's more fair to make it determine damage. But then HL max damage would have to be lowered.

Also i'm not sure about PPW affecting aiming.

Originally posted by amfest
yes and monks will have to spend the first half of their day memorizing the spells they wish to use for the day which can only be used once during that day. Also they are limited to the number of spells they can cast within a certain level.

LOL

And with a high INT they get bonus spells. :p

spikeownzu
12-03-04, 06:57
Who would agree with me if i said :

Fix all the fucking bugs before you do any rework of a class

ALso, keep in mind if they re-worked monks we would see another 20 new bugs.

Also, some of the idea's mentined i do not even think the neocron emulater is even capable of supporting

ZoneVortex
12-03-04, 09:11
Originally posted by spikeownzu
Who would agree with me if i said :

Fix all the fucking bugs before you do any rework of a class

ALso, keep in mind if they re-worked monks we would see another 20 new bugs.

yeah yeah yeah i know that

but that doesn't mean i can't post ideas :cool:

Exmond
12-03-04, 09:13
V00t, Fix TEH BUGS!

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 09:17
Hm..

I know this idea takes little work, but yeah...KK has a (semi-invisible) list of (damn fatal?) bugs to take care of first.

I probably didn't look carefully, but if the mana pool was destroyed, what use would the psi boosters have now? O_o

manderf
30-11-04, 07:20
[Edited]

Quake
30-11-04, 07:23
No thx.

manderf
30-11-04, 07:27
No thx.

[Edited]

[VP]Orion
30-11-04, 07:42
[Edited]

Must say this is a damn lame way to get yourself banned

On topic: I dont really like the idea since I like it the way it is. Must say its a rather creative idea though that actually COULD work. In another game though... Noone would accept a huge change like this. And KK wouldnt implement it either since its a huge source of bugs to implement something as big as this.

manderf
30-11-04, 07:46
[Edited]

naimex
30-11-04, 14:25
and people say I bump a lot of threads 8|

Darken
30-11-04, 15:12
Balancing this out etc. would cost to much work etc.
Because you gotta rework whole pvp and leveln.

I think theres far more important issues that needs to be worked at than this.