PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order of DOY still on for 15 March?

NeoChick
12-03-04, 05:29
I am holding my breath and have the date marked in red in my calendar, is the pre-order of DOY still scheduled for 15 March or has there been a change? Anybody know?

.....and will there be a beta?

ZoneVortex
12-03-04, 05:49
Originally posted by NeoChick
I am holding my breath and have the date marked in red in my calendar, is the pre-order of DOY still scheduled for 15 March or has there been a change? Anybody know?

.....and will there be a beta?

as far as i know it's still set for there

and there's no beta

Invertigo
12-03-04, 06:16
Originally posted by ZoneVortex

and there's no beta

which is lame and im sure this will be the downfall for DOY

Marx
12-03-04, 06:20
Originally posted by Invertigo
which is lame and im sure this will be the downfall for DOY

Public betas kill mmo's.

People play them to play a free game, not to find bugs and squash them.

This is why you see alot of beta bugs continuing to exist throughout retail in many public beta games.

Invertigo
12-03-04, 06:25
Originally posted by Marx
Public betas kill mmo's.

This is why you see alot of beta bugs continuing to exist throughout retail in many public beta games.

i think we see the same bugs because KK doesnt know how to get rid of them actually...

its been a year and a half since retail...thats more than enough time..

plus how are they going to do stress tests for the netcode and stuff with only 15 people? seriously....

Marx
12-03-04, 06:27
Originally posted by Invertigo
i think we see the same bugs because KK doesnt know how to get rid of them actually...

its been a year and a half since retail...thats more than enough time..

plus how are they going to do stress tests for the netcode and stuff with only 15 people? seriously....

Closed beta vs. Public beta.

:rolleyes:

Do you really think they're not testing it?

Forget My Name
12-03-04, 07:04
Originally posted by ZoneVortex

and there's no beta

What do you think you've been playing? Payed Beta.

40$Poser
12-03-04, 07:25
(cough cough)

honestly we've been playing a beta game... fatals/bugs/droms galore

WhiteWolf
12-03-04, 07:40
Well since the pre-order date is comming out doesnt this mean a trailer should be out soon for it?

lets hope so

Invertigo
12-03-04, 08:18
Closed beta vs. Public beta.

:rolleyes:

Do you really think they're not testing it?

i was under the impression there was to be NO beta testing at all...including closed beta.

and closed beta is not the same as open, it wont be the same type of results with numbers...

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 08:45
Ehh..

Considering I'll be able to complete my C++ crap accordingly, and take care of the slew of new console games I'm getting...

I'll be looking forward to this.

And hey. You never know.

Neocron itself might have been the beta, and DoY might be the reality.

Kinda wondering about all the freebies they've given us, if ya know what I mean. Stuff that was supposedly supposed to be in DoY.

Okay, I'm done.

I think. :lol:

NeoChick
12-03-04, 12:15
I think it really would be a good idea to have a beta, especially an open one. Not for the actual purpose of beta but it is great advertising.

At present there is nothing decent on the market and a lot of people would try it and find out that it is what they are looking for. I am playing in a beta right now that has pvp and people are thrilled to have found a game (and that one is not even alf as good as NC) That beta is already retail in another part of the globe and they don't really need a beta at all I think, I believe they are doing it just for advertising by word of mouth.

I think DOY will be released at a very unfortunate time, ie. at the same time as what everybody is hanging out for WOW and EQ and since those are well known, a lot of ppl won't even try NCDOY even though they would possibly like it more.

I am sad to see that there has been NO advertising anywhere, well not in the popular places. You type NC DOY into EB or other Stores and it comes up with no result.

If there is a preorder, it should also be with the major stores and should come up with a big ad................sad, sad

Neocrons_coward
12-03-04, 12:18
Public betas kill mmo's.

If they spent all day looking for bugs they would never be able to enjoy a free game :P... thats what me and my mate did :)

Forget My Name
12-03-04, 15:45
Hello!?!?

There is NO beta! What do you honestly think you've been paying for for the past year and a half??

KK needed funds to keep the game afloat, so they pushed beta out early, and when they started to hit problems paying bills due to massive people leaving the game, enter the 10tecal to mop up the bills so they can release the FINAL finished product.

Glyc
12-03-04, 16:52
massive people are scary. are you talkin about the people who just sit in front of computers and eat pizza all day. no exersize + bad diet = massive person.

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 18:04
NeoChick, there's another thread that's been talking about (minimal) advertisement spotting on the web...

lemme go find it.

Edit: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93666

There ya go ^^

Zanathos
12-03-04, 18:27
d00ds!

Originally posted by joran420
i was super suprised when i did a google search on MMORPG neocron came up as a sponsored link on the side

shodanjr_gr
12-03-04, 18:47
Open betas happen so that the net code and server strenght of mmo games can be tested. Why the heck do u think soe let in so many people for the planetside "beta"? To test their servers of course...

Something similar SHOULD happen for DOY.

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 18:51
I have a feeling this post is entirely unnecessary...

But, I think Neocron itself was the beta and DoY is the reality.

Anyone wanna discuss this off-topic thing instead of arguing about an off-topic thing like whether DoY needs a beta?

Or maybe we should just get back to topic.

Oh yeah, it's already been answered. :cool:

Is it okay to go off-topic after a thread's question has already been answered?

Hm...I THINK that's hijacking.

Lemme hijack too! :o

yibble
12-03-04, 19:05
I've got a sneaking suspicion that BDOY is just going to be Phase 2 Beta :) But, I'm a sucker for a good gaming idea, I'll still buy it.

shodanjr_gr
12-03-04, 19:14
Actually NC was the Alpha version...

With DoY we will be heading into Beta...

Hopefully the Irata II expansion will be the retail version (by the time it arrives ,droms will rule the universe!)

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 19:27
Would that be because we'd be extinct by then? :p

Reminds me of the quote about nuclear winter and cockroaches... Droms should be in the list too. :D

Okay, okay, enough spam from me on this thread. D:

Marx
12-03-04, 19:33
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Open betas happen so that the net code and server strenght of mmo games can be tested. Why the heck do u think soe let in so many people for the planetside "beta"? To test their servers of course...

As far as I know... I've yet to ever encounter a game company which used an open beta to test their expansions.

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 19:43
At one point or another, one such game that did just that Marx, was Ragnarok Online. :D

I don't hate the game, I just find its entire history amusing.

Marx
12-03-04, 19:45
Originally posted by Kenjuten
At one point or another, one such game that did just that Marx, was Ragnarok Online. :D

I don't hate the game, I just find its entire history amusing.

:rolleyes: RO :rolleyes:

Cyphor
12-03-04, 19:47
If they do do a beta it should be open to current subscribers only imo, as said above alot of mmo betas just attract people wanting a free game who contribute nothing and leave after its over.

Zanathos
12-03-04, 20:06
If there is to be another expansion to this game after B:DoY

it will probably be for Tokyo II THEN Mars and Irata possibly.

Read the history, there is mention of Mars and Irata.

Forget My Name
12-03-04, 20:27
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr

It has/ and is happening. What do you think regular Neocron is for?

I hope they did their homework and realise this game cant support 500 players, let alone saturn's 300 + mega lag.

steweygrrr
12-03-04, 20:35
Originally posted by Zanathos
If there is to be another expansion to this game after B:DoY

it will probably be for Tokyo II THEN Mars and Irata possibly.

Read the history, there is mention of Mars and Irata.

Mars was wiped out by a killer virus created by the Gabanium used to terraform it. Prolly same thing happed with Irata III.

Anyways yeah NC has to be a beta.....what else could explain it?

Clive tombstone
12-03-04, 20:45
There was no notification that Irata had the same virus, and I thought actually that the "Mixture" worked on irata soo theres still a possibility that irata is EXP capable :D

SamuraiPizzaCat
12-03-04, 20:53
how bout closed beta for people registered in sept 2002
:p

Zanathos
12-03-04, 21:15
it would still be interesting to explore mars.....

and irata is untouched, a shuttle was launched to that place.....

i dont remmeber hearing anything about gabanium and mars.....

I remember them saying that world war III was caused because they thought the empire colony on mars shot down the..... well.... north american shuttle.

Mattimeo
12-03-04, 21:25
Originally posted by Zanathos
it would still be interesting to explore mars.....

and irata is untouched, a shuttle was launched to that place.....

i dont remmeber hearing anything about gabanium and mars.....

I remember them saying that world war III was caused because they thought the empire colony on mars shot down the..... well.... north american shuttle.

World War III was caused because Red Terra didn't relay a message from the Chinese Empire's deepspaceship Starcruiser

Gabanium on mars is what caused the virus that killed the colonists there, so the experiment was halted.

Iratta III has colonists from the first ship sent there, and 320000 more already headed there, thats how criminal groups came to power, from the mass exodus.