PDA

View Full Version : Increase duration of boosters

RayBob
12-03-04, 03:28
It's been said before but bears repeating...10 minutes is too damn short.

Inchenzo
12-03-04, 04:47
Originally posted by RayBob
It's been said before but bears repeating...10 minutes is too damn short.

Nah it's just fine, doesn't really need to change

Shujin
12-03-04, 05:00
... 10 minutes is fine, if not to long.

RayBob
12-03-04, 05:36
Originally posted by Shujin
... 10 minutes is fine, if not to long. If 10 minutes is long enough for you, then 20 minutes wouldn't bother you either. Unless you intend to argue that having to constantly reboost is part of the skill in Neocron? I wouldn't argue that. I think it is an annoyance to have to keep boosting myself, not to mention how nice this would be for the over-worked and over-stressed PPUs.

Necrosadistic
12-03-04, 05:53
If boosts kept running so long, then no one could catch someone unawares... It would spoil the fun of realistic PvP, where like in real lifem if yoiu are not prepared, you're toast.

And using boosts does require skill, especially in combat. They are a tool, not an automatic right. They would be constant pieces of armour or something if they were.

ServeX
12-03-04, 06:18
100% agree ray

imo - level 1 booster should be 10 minutes
- level 2 booster should be 15 min
- level 3 booster should be 20 min

Lifewaster
12-03-04, 06:50
Originally posted by ServeX

imo - level 1 booster should be 10 minutes
- level 3 booster should be 20 min

Thats what I'd like too.

Shujin
12-03-04, 07:10
nah if it were according to level them it should be 5 min, 10 min then 15min

ServeX
12-03-04, 07:13
well, whatever the case is, the level 3's should last no less than 15 minutes.

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 07:14
If shields stay as they are, level 3 boosters should be removed IMO or at least altered to not give such a great boost.

LVirus
12-03-04, 08:41
In a certain game I played while I was away in Neocron, there was boosts that lasted 5 hours. In Neocron most boosts lasts 2 min and well, it's kinda different. Not saying it should be changed but saying that at least double current time for ALL boosts (aka. buffs).

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 08:43
Originally posted by LVirus
In a certain game I played while I was away in Neocron, there was boosts that lasted 5 hours.

What game was that?

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 08:52
*swt*...

Okay, before I even say ANYTHING:

"imo - level 1 booster should be 10 minutes
- level 3 booster should be 20 min"

Hm. Considering how these things work, and if I'm analyzing what you're saying correctly, it's kinda the opposite, no?

And you want it that way?

No point to level 1s then.

Note: I just got back and am sorta screwed in the head due to a lot of rustiness concerning Neocron, so you can just counter/kill/ignore the above if you want, I don't mind/care.

Next:

During my random drugsprees (some of us know I was trippin' on a bunch of shit earlier on in my life in Neocron), I did lots of experimenting. Kinda like comboing Coke with E, but whatever. Comboing drugs helps (sometimes), for the price of extra side-effects. Sometimes it's a price to pay. Just gotta know what to combine. :)

10 minutes is short to ya? Hm...go play a 99/50 Priest(ess) on Ragnarok Online, or if yer too lazy, try out full-PPU. That's short.

Living like that for so long, I've gotten used to appreciating 10 minute stuff easy.

Invertigo
12-03-04, 09:34
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What game was that?

FFXI lasts a pretty long time...i dont remember how long but it seemed like a couple hours...

g0rt
12-03-04, 09:36
I would say more then 20 minutes even

Lets face it yes...healing/sheltering/deflecting during a fight is a skill, you gotta get it off and its what the ppus job. But boosters are just annoying. Every 10 minutes reapplying boosters is a waste of time, no one bothers mid-op-fight, unless its a crucial booster.

Boosters should stay on until the caster dies/logs tbh. So basically, if you self-cast boosters, tehy don't go down until you do....

Invertigo
12-03-04, 09:38
Originally posted by g0rt
I would say more then 20 minutes even

Lets face it yes...healing/sheltering/deflecting during a fight is a skill, you gotta get it off and its what the ppus job. But boosters are just annoying. Every 10 minutes reapplying boosters is a waste of time, no one bothers mid-op-fight, unless its a crucial booster.

Boosters should stay on until the caster dies/logs tbh. So basically, if you self-cast boosters, tehy don't go down until you do....

well...what if someone puts a booster on you like cst 3 when your a tank?

they will have to make them overridable...

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 09:38
In that case, might as well destroy the entire booster concept and add new types of enhancement parts...

Sorry. I don't dig DBZ-athons.

g0rt
12-03-04, 09:45
Originally posted by Invertigo
well...what if someone puts a booster on you like cst 3 when your a tank?

they will have to make them overridable...

Im used to daoc buffs, last mmorpg i played other then neocron.... you dont like a buff you got, you right click on it and u dont got it anymore :p

Works great!

Nightbrother
12-03-04, 09:46
I just wish that lvl 2 and 3 boosts replaced lvl 1 boosts, and that selfcast boosts could be renewed at any time by recasting them, even if the old ones haven't run out.

I mean you use mental energy to create a shield around you (one example), and why shouldn't you be allowed to use a similar amount of energy to replace it with a new one.

Shields and boosts not being replaceable/renewable does not make sense for me.

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 09:50
Okay, apparently I totally misinterpreted this thread.

Is this about Drugs boosting, or Buffs boosting? Or both? O_o

Fez
12-03-04, 11:33
i agree buffs should last way longer like 20-30 mins would help out ppu consideraby, and i played EQ were buf lasted up to 6 hours easily :P

Mr_Snow
12-03-04, 14:15
Laziness.

BramTops
12-03-04, 14:30
OMG... This is sooooo dumb...

Here's what I want:

- eacht time I genrep I get full haz3, holy shelter/deflector, melee3 etc...
- i also want that when I zone
- i even want that when I've walked 50 meters

while we are at it,

I want every mob in a zone drop dead when I enter it and let me have exclusive loot rights for at least 30 minutes.... and i want the XP gain too...

well.. I even want.... .... . .. .

Common... yes... that IS the same. You're just asking to make your life easier... well.. wake up. this is a cyberpunk sf-world... and it is harsh... you need SKILLS, not continues lovin... That're no pillow-fights out there!

If you want to have something changed in the game, it should be because it would be more fun! And NOT because it would be more easy (those 2 are mixed up FAR TO OFTEN! THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!! I was playing minesweeper if i wanted something easy)

BramTops
12-03-04, 14:35
Originally posted by Nightbrother
I just wish that lvl 2 and 3 boosts replaced lvl 1 boosts, and that selfcast boosts could be renewed at any time by recasting them, even if the old ones haven't run out.

I mean you use mental energy to create a shield around you (one example), and why shouldn't you be allowed to use a similar amount of energy to replace it with a new one.

Shields and boosts not being replaceable/renewable does not make sense for me.
i DO agree on that one however... ;)

RayBob
13-03-04, 03:42
Originally posted by BramTops
If you want to have something changed in the game, it should be because it would be more fun! And NOT because it would be more easyIn my opinion, it would be more FUN if I could spend more time playing the game and less time rebuffing.

ServeX
13-03-04, 04:04
Originally posted by LVirus
In a certain game I played while I was away in Neocron, there was boosts that lasted 5 hours. In Neocron most boosts lasts 2 min and well, it's kinda different. Not saying it should be changed but saying that at least double current time for ALL boosts (aka. buffs).

yea anarchy online has a good buff system.

Lifewaster
13-03-04, 04:15
Originally posted by RayBob
In my opinion, it would be more FUN if I could spend more time playing the game and less time rebuffing.

Yes its rediculous theres no real fun or skill involved in spending 30 minutes casting ......Haz3/Heat3/Rifle3/Pistol3/Melee3/Spy3/HeavyCombat3/Psi Combat3 on 5 different people at an OP while you wait for the enemy to arrive.

Each person needs approx 3 of the above buffs, at 10 mins duration each thats 9 different casts per person in a 30 minute slot to do with usually only one swap slot to drag each spell in and out at a time. Which when including the PPU himself makes 6 times 9 buffs = 54 buffs to cast every 30 minutes just to keep a team of 5 prepared to fight. Thats almost one cast every 30 seconds.

If you wanna add the nonsense of keeping S/D on these people also thats another 2 times 15 casts per person = 30 S/D casts times 6 , which is 180 casts per 30 minutes. Which is one cast every 10 seconds, allthough at least these usually dont require swapping to quickbelt.

In all its a total of 4 casts per 30 seconds which means one Buff cast every 7 seconds for a PPU to keep 5 players combat ready.

A buff to cast EVERY 7 SECONDS with 5 players teamed to a PPU.... Think about it , its seriously nightmarish. :(