PDA

View Full Version : wow NC is a lil advertised now!!

joran420
12-03-04, 02:45
i was super suprised when i did a google search on MMORPG neocron came up as a sponsored link on the side

Spoon
12-03-04, 02:47
groovy....

Omnituens
12-03-04, 02:49
damn, i was hoping for a non-internet advert.

better than nothing i suppose...

g0rt
12-03-04, 02:58
odd i just tried refreshing the search about 50 times and not once did neocron come up

maybe its locational based?

joran420
12-03-04, 03:00
those sponsored links on google thats great advertising...since 90% of the ppl on the internet do searches with google

besides with the exception of EQ:OA i have never seen a mmorpg advertize with any method other than word of mouth and internet

Glok
12-03-04, 03:01
I just tried that google search. No Neocron...

joran420
12-03-04, 03:02
well the actuall search i did was free Flash mmorpg :P i was bored at work

msdong
12-03-04, 10:00
its there, you have to take a look on the right where the advertising is.

Nightbrother
12-03-04, 10:08
This is what I get when writing MMORPG:

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/OleBentsen-mmorpg.JPG

Heh, the quality of that image is rather borked, it seems, but look to the right side, at the bottom ad. :)

Jeros82
12-03-04, 10:25
well the actuall search i did was free Flash mmorpg :P i was bored at work

Share the link plz, i'm always bored @ work.... :lol:

joran420
12-03-04, 20:25
couldnt find a free MMORPG that was flash based(basically i needed one that would run in a browser...cause i connect through http proxies and i cant ever connect to the D/L clients at work

Myrlin
12-03-04, 20:30
I had to search for MMORPG about 20 times but eventually I saw the link on the side.

I certainly hope KK plans on doing a bit more advertising than that.

Zu (Pluto)
12-03-04, 22:19
Neocron also got mentioned in the on-line section of the current UK PC Zone magazine. Admittedly it's only a tiny little section about the DoY update, but at least it was positive.

Zu

Radamez
12-03-04, 23:30
Originally posted by Omnituens
damn, i was hoping for a non-internet advert.

better than nothing i suppose...

Yeh where's the REAL advertising? like Neocron action figures in a McDonalds happy meal :D

Seriously though, it's a positive sign that's there's at least some advertising going on :)

JiNxY
13-03-04, 09:36
i seriously think they should advertise on sky1 between star trek and stargate or whatever... the current one is "Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy"

oh.. my... god.. how shit does that look!

but i bet theres a long list of games companies waiting for that prime spot :/

would be cool though.

Shujin
13-03-04, 09:42
stargate pwns so much but man i think they are about to end it and replace it with a new one like they did all those startreks, i seen a commercial for "Stargate Atlantis" hope they dont phase out SG-1 ;[ i love sg-1

msdong
13-03-04, 09:43
Originally posted by Radamez
Yeh where's the REAL advertising? like Neocron action figures in a McDonalds happy meal :D

im more in to NERF Fusioncannons

Omnituens
13-03-04, 11:40
Originally posted by Radamez
I can see it now

"Hybrid model in teh Happy meal!!!!oneoneoenoeneoneone!"

NERF TEH HAPPY MEAL

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/archnerf2.bmp
™© Omniwarez

Kr3Yc3K
13-03-04, 11:43
Originally posted by Shujin
stargate pwns so much but man i think they are about to end it and replace it with a new one like they did all those startreks, i seen a commercial for "Stargate Atlantis" hope they dont phase out SG-1 ;[ i love sg-1

there will be an eigth SG1 season along with the new spin-off atlantis

both will air about the same time iirc

the eigth will be the last sg1 season however.... but at least the SG1 stars will appear as guest stars in SG atlantis

neophotographer
13-03-04, 11:50
Originally posted by Omnituens
I can see it now

"Hybrid model in teh Happy meal!!!!oneoneoenoeneoneone!"

NERF TEH HAPPY MEAL

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/archnerf2.bmp
�� Omniwarez

how bout the lil PP stripper models for the girls!!! :p :p :p :lol:

Stacey

Q`alooaith
13-03-04, 12:17
Originally posted by Kr3Yc3K
there will be an eigth SG1 season along with the new spin-off atlantis

both will air about the same time iirc

the eigth will be the last sg1 season however.... but at least the SG1 stars will appear as guest stars in SG atlantis

Any clue's to if and when it'd air UK..

Cause LoTR (legend of the rangers) a B5 mini movie showed on Sci-fi in the US, but didn't make Sci-Fi UK's lineup, instead many months after it had aired we got it on Sky movies and such...

BTT..

I'd make a neocron Tv ad simple, just have the letter N for three seconds, then cut to black, two seconds, fade to N again, one second later fade www.Neocron.com.... maybe instead of cutting to black I'd cut to large outpost war in first person, looking around slowly like "what the hell's going on" with just heavy breathing...

Benjie
13-03-04, 12:21
The best advertisement oppertunity is to sponser either Stargate or Star Treck :Next Gen/Voyager rght know.

No questions asked.

Especially considering the nature and theme of Neocron.

Those 2 slots are better than a 10 minuite prime time commercial.

Q`alooaith
13-03-04, 12:22
Originally posted by Benjie
The best advertisement oppertunity is to sponser either Stargate or Star treck rght know.

No questions asked.

Especially considering the nature and theme of Neocron.

EA has the best timeslot when stargate is on, I'm pretty sure..

though I can only speak for the UK.