PDA

View Full Version : WHY did mc5 get closed yet again ??

solling
11-03-04, 22:23
i thought they eliminated all the exploits etc etc did they they find yet another one ? so they closed mc5 and peops chance of getting an mc5 chips very nice

any eta on when its open again ?

Kal
11-03-04, 22:29
that wasnt in the patchnotes o_O

ezza
11-03-04, 22:29
Originally posted by Kal
that wasnt in the patchnotes o_O they always stealth changes in though

Spoon
11-03-04, 22:30
Is it closed on all servers?

WTF?

Kal
11-03-04, 22:33
yeah but its normally just little things ezza

solling
11-03-04, 23:06
yup closed now is a brick wall where entrance to the room was :(((

Carbonite
11-03-04, 23:07
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93649

MrChumble
11-03-04, 23:14
Well that's great. How did they close it? Dump a castle wall on it TechHaven style? :p

Edit: Hmm that came out wrong. What I meant to say was "what a load of fucking horseshit we have to put up with".

Lanigav
11-03-04, 23:54
Lol, we were joking about this last night. LE PPU sanctum bug, KK will take three years to fix. Slightest exploit with MC5, INSTANT PATCH WITH BRICK WALL. :p

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 01:11
Originally posted by Lanigav
Lol, we were joking about this last night. LE PPU sanctum bug, KK will take three years to fix. Slightest exploit with MC5, INSTANT PATCH WITH BRICK WALL. :p

Yea that's a bit silly. Holy parashock halo can glue your flesh to the ground, and it won't be fixed for 5 months. A whole bunch of weapons can get messed up damage changes, won't be fixed for months.

MC5 exploit? Fixed asap. :rolleyes:

athon
12-03-04, 01:28
What if we have chars logged at MC5? Can we get them out or do we have to wait (possibly weeks) for a patch?

Athon Solo

joran420
12-03-04, 01:31
just pm nid or someone and they will move your char

Spoon
12-03-04, 02:04
- Fixed the NPC aggression list, only "real" damage dealers are considered now.

Sounds like another patch feature is broke......:rolleyes:

I bet the commander/guards aren't shooting anyone.......:)

g0rt
12-03-04, 02:54
Originally posted by Lanigav

Makes sense to me. Everyone uses MC5, maybe 0.2% of the game actually use rare sanctums with an LE in.

MrChumble
12-03-04, 02:58
They didn't actually fix it though did they?

Artie
12-03-04, 04:35
Originally posted by MrChumble
Well that's great. How did they close it? Dump a castle wall on it TechHaven style? :p

Edit: Hmm that came out wrong. What I meant to say was "what a load of fucking horseshit we have to put up with".

hahahhaha fuckin beautiful. sooo using that as my sig now :P

-FN-
12-03-04, 05:33
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I logged off in MC5 Yesterday o_O

ONOZ I R TEH GUNNA GET WARNZED :( :( :(

greploco
12-03-04, 08:59
son of a bitch :(

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 09:13
-FN-, you'll probably just get moved.

Well, sorry to hear about this little problem. D:

Though I must say I've never really pulled myself up to the S-Rank-Needed-To-Actually-Try-Out-MC5 status yet, so I don't know the full extent of the torture involved. c.c

Carbonite
12-03-04, 14:40
If your char is in MC5 logged out right now i suggest you send me a mail so i can move them... Char name and server please..
Carbonite@neocron.com

MrChumble
12-03-04, 15:24
Originally posted by Artie
hahahhaha fuckin beautiful. sooo using that as my sig now :P

wh00t I'm famous at last :D

El Barto
12-03-04, 16:24
Who ever it was that came up with taht idea and thinks that every thing and any thing you do in there is an expliot, YOU SUCK DONKEY BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

MrChumble
12-03-04, 16:30
Originally posted by El Barto
Who ever it was that came up with taht idea and thinks that every thing and any thing you do in there is an expliot, YOU SUCK DONKEY BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Subtle, but true.

I can just hear the thinking..."Omigod spies are getting MC5 chips, thats only for Tanks with PPUs anally inserted! Abort! Abort! Quick someone get a brick wall omigod!!!"

Actually I dunno why it was closed, but castle walls > fixing the fucking thing.

zii
12-03-04, 17:26
prolly something to do with running up to a mob and [ self-edited for violation of forum rule (exploit) - God, i'm sad ]... lol. I could be way wrong there though.

Edited: by zii.

Crashtec
12-03-04, 17:30
What exactly is happening that is being exploited? All that was said was that there was an exploit of "how the guards react to runners" ... or is it against the rules to even explain how and why the exploit works? I simply want to know out of curiosity and it shouldn't be dangerous information IF the exploit is planning on being fixed.

I'm halfway curious if it has something to do with the gaurds not searching around walls for the runners and just continually walking up the ramps and then dropping back down.

Something about an LE ppu with rare sanctum...huh...what happens with it?

ezza
12-03-04, 17:45
Originally posted by zii
prolly something to do with running up to a mob and [ self-edited for violation of forum rule (exploit) - God, i'm sad ]... lol. I could be way wrong there though.

Edited: by zii. haha nice i could proberbly use a self moderation on my posts sometimes :lol:

Kenjuten
12-03-04, 18:13
Crashtec, I dunno, but there was a thread talking about it where the GMs/ForumMods didn't want it to be talked about.

*shrug* It's an exploit, it's an exploit.

greploco
12-03-04, 20:33
I think it's because it's possible to damage the guards using corners and boxses (basicly using the landscape) for cover and they rarely hit you. this was even being done by noob chars to level up quickly.

it may look like an exploit but you know what ......

use of cover <> exploit

besides, all that would need to be done is make the guards move around a little when they are attacked.

SamuraiPizzaCat
12-03-04, 20:39
there arent many LE PPUs...
so im pretty sure i know who the fucker is:mad:

Spex
13-03-04, 01:36
Originally posted by g0rt
Makes sense to me. Everyone uses MC5, maybe 0.2% of the game actually use rare sanctums with an LE in.

All sanctums are disfunctional for LE users, out of the rare sanctums you only need the anti-poison one (the others are kinda useless for LE users, unless you wanna use your cath-sanct instead of the anti-poison one). Additionally, certain non-sanctum spells don't work either (although they should), if LE is involved on both parties.

Anyway, I wonder what this bugged NPC behaviour in MC5 is about, I haven't seen any difference to the other times I was there.

greploco
13-03-04, 04:36
there arent many LE PPUs...

no, it doesn't have to do with whether or not you have LE in

G.0.D.
13-03-04, 07:59
somthing makes the guards perma target a runner... happend to me when i was there they perma targeted our ppu. (ignoring every one else that was shooting them)