PDA

View Full Version : Parashock formula suggestion

Strych9
11-03-04, 22:18
A = % reduction in run speed from parashock
B = Parashcock spell TL*(dmg level/576%)
C = Target's Agility
D = Target's Athletics

A = .5 - ((C+D) - 2B)/100

All examples assume capped damage on the spell. If damage isnt capped, the B variable will be lower than the full tech level.

Example:

Tank has 100 Agility and 100 Athletics. Hit with a capped TL 56 Parashock Halo.

A = .5 - (200 - 112)/100
A = .5 - .88
A = -.38
So a negative 38%... or basically ZERO... reduction in runspeed

Tank has 100 Agility and 100 Athletics. Hit with a capped TL 102 Holy Paralysis.

A = .5 - (200 - 204)/100
A = .5 - -.04
A = .54
54% reduction in runspeed if hit with a capped TL 102 Holy Paralysis.

Tank has 30 Agility and 30 Athletics. Hit with a capped TL3 Parashock Bolt.

A = .5 - (60 - 6)/100
A = .5 - .54
A = -.06
No reduction in runspeed

Tank has 110 Agility and 60 Athletics. Hit with a capped TL 84 Parashock Beam.

A = .5 - (170 - 168)/100
A = .5 - .02
A = .48
48% reduction in runspeed

This can be tweaked, but thats the idea. Basically if Athletics + Agility >= double TL of Parashock spell, spell has no effect.

Thoughts?

PS- Yes, I too would like it removed. But this would be a good way to keep it in AND let it still be useful in PvM AND let it still play a much smaller role in PvP.

cRazy2003
11-03-04, 22:23
some nice working out there, yea seems good, anything better then what we have now :p

Kal
11-03-04, 22:32
looks good good good to me

FuzzyDuck
11-03-04, 22:46
gotta say that does look rather cool.

*thumbs up*

StryfeX
11-03-04, 22:55
That's pretty nice, but HP still sticks you to the ground too much IMO in those examples. Maybe make it based off the total points invested in ATL and AGL instead of the actual values. That way it would reward people who have really high values more than just the bare minimum.

--Stryfe

L0KI
11-03-04, 23:17
Maybe just remove it from the game

Strych9
11-03-04, 23:55
Originally posted by L0KI
Maybe just remove it from the game :rolleyes:

I want it removed too... doesnt mean we cant discuss something like this.

StryfeX, the formula also assumes capped damage. Can PPUs cap damage on HP? I honestly dont know. If damage isnt capped... say damage is at 400%... then its treated like a TL 71 spell in the formula... which lessens its effect.

SPIKE (pluto)
12-03-04, 00:08
I would comment but i didnt understand a word of it.

StryfeX
12-03-04, 00:16
Originally posted by Strych9
StryfeX, the formula also assumes capped damage. Can PPUs cap damage on HP? I honestly dont know. If damage isnt capped... say damage is at 400%... then its treated like a TL 71 spell in the formula... which lessens its effect.TBH, I don't know if PPUs can cap HP either. I bet they probably *can* but it might be similar to the APU dilemma: more damage % or more pool.

--Stryfe

Carinth
12-03-04, 01:50
Umm ppu's can easily cap holy paralysis, with the right equipment and setup. You can't have 400 psi pool anymore, more like 350 or so, but you're not exactly suffering with a small pool. When I was a ppu I had myself setup to cap rof on Holy cath sanct, and the rest into ppw for a decent sized pool. With that much ppu, I most definitly did cap damage on holy para, which is a lower tl spell.

I don't really care whats done with paralysis, but there is one thing that really annoys me. As long as holy para halo outdoes holy paralysis, there's something wrong. Rare's should be better then anything you can buy at the store, or else they're useless junk taking up space in the rare pool. My holy paralysis has been gathering dust in my apt for several months now. We've gone to both extremes now. Previously, all shocks except holy para were a joke. It's rather sad to have an entire line of useless spells. Then the opposite with the other shocks being better then holy paralysis. It's just as sad to have a rare stuffed in the closet because your store bought is better then it. If para is supposed to exist, please balance each type correctly. Or get rid of everything except holy paralysis and Para bolt. You have your damaging shock and your paralyzing shock then, which is all we need.