PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Caves Etiquette

Strych9
11-03-04, 15:45
Okay, I have spent tons of time at the Chaos Caves recently with my HC tank, melee tank, and PPU monk. I have seen the dynamic there from all sides. Please feel free to agree/disagree with any of this.

1. Outside the cave- Please remember that a lot of runners have special equipment loadouts for caving. My PPU, for example, has a med poison belt on and no shelter. My tanks have Viper King and Duranit/Duranium. PLEASE think twice about taking your cannon/rifle/pistol/spell and attacking the grim chaser on the ledge above the cave (ESPECIALLY when you arent capable of defeating the mob by yourself). Sure its good experience, but unless the PPUs are aware that it will take place, pissing off an uber fire mob usually just results in a lot of rezzing. If the team is leaving the cave, wait for the whole team and at least announce you will be attacking the pers/chaser/whatever. A terror mauler or hopper isnt too bad... but when you have zero fire armor on, then can still chew through you pretty fast. It sucks zoning out of the cave and finding yourself surrounded by burning bodies and on fire yourself.

2. Ranks/teams. Keep in mind that people team to get team experience and to avoid SL loss. If you are 10/15 and everyone else is 40/60, dont be suprised if no one wants to team with you because they wont get experience, and you will die easily. There has been times when a noob has insisted on running with our team even though no one could get exp. So we teamed him, and "let him die" and then didnt rezz him. Wink wink. There are tons of good places to level with teams for lower levels. The caves deal a lot of damage quickly- save the caves for when you are at least 30/xx in rank.

3. Melee. Yes, I have a melee tank- hehe. But overall, melee IS a pain in the caves when you have barrelling APUs or HC tanks. I have been in the caves in pure MC or pure rifle/pistol teams, and in those cases melee is fine. But when the group is AOE oriented, I think it falls on the melee users to be careful, not the AOE users. If nothing else, melee can hang back and get the mobs that break through the front line, which happens pretty often. But if you are melee, dont get pissed when someone would rather attack all 10 mobs at once than just sit back and watch you hack on them one at a time. The appeal of the caves is the density of the mobs- there are tons of places where the mobs are just as high in rank and more conducive to melee- like the swamp caves. One addendum to this is when you get a vampire run instead of a lieutenant run. On Vampire runs, AOE is mostly ineffective, and melee can run free.

4. Asking for buffs. My PPU doesnt have room in his quickbelt for Pistol, Rifle, Heavy, Melee, and Psi combat boosters. Since I (and a lot of other PPUs) tend to care more about sustaining life than boosting abilities- I dont carry any combat buffs with me. If you NEED a buff to be able to use your weapon or something, I suggest you buy that buff and carry it with you. Then, if a PPU doesnt have the buff, you can always let them use yours. Just an idea.

5. Bravado. Know your limits, and the limits of the PPUs you may have with you. Know how bad the chaos lieutenants can hit vs the chaos minions. There are certains turns in the caves that ALWAYS get a pile of dead bodies because people charge in to be met by two lieutenants/soldiers, and they cannot handle the quick amount of damage. Nothing wrong with being cautious, and at least waiting for a fresh heal to be cast before charging in.

6. Getting healed/buffed. When you have 10 runners in the cave, a few barrels and AOE weapons going off, and the ground is littered with dead mobs- it can be tricky to get a cursor lock on a target for casting a heal. If you need a heal, and you think the PPU is on top of it, try sitting still... or running out of danger then standing still. If you ask for a heal, stay still afterwards.

7. AOE vs single attacks. Ideally, the whole group should be using AOE attacks. AOE attacks allow for more damage to be done over time. If you have the ability to use an AOE attack, or at least a ranged attack, make sure you bring whatever you need for that into the cave. Judge your attacks on what the group is doing. My HC tank usually brings his doom beamer or mal, and a tangent speed gat. Use the gat on Vampires and when we have a lot of melee/pistol users.

8. Farming mobs. Try to see the views of the group on farming. Sometimes if you get a lieutenant in one of the side rooms, you can stay quite a while just killing it's spawn. As soon as the kill the spawners (soldiers and lieutenants I think... not sure about the soldiers) then you have no more spawn to kill. I have seen melee tanks run in and try to kill the lieutenant first thing- sometimes thats a smart idea (I have seen weak groups just get pushed back and eradicated by a heavily spawning lieutenant) but other times its not smart. So keep that in mind. The exp you get for attacking a 100/100 lieutenant is not as high as what you get from killing a bunch of 70/70 spawn (spawn that hurt a lot less too).

Please feel free to add whatever, or correct me if I need correcting. :) (btw, this is all based on the caves right by TG, on Saturn, experiences)

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 15:48
I agree with all.

#8 Sounds like something that should be agreed upon before fighting IMO.

Other than that, looks good.

I really hate when melee tanks go all around the mobs and run and strafe everywhere then get mad when they get hit.

Original monk
11-03-04, 15:52
strych, i dont even bother nomore: offcourse you are 110% right but whats the use if youre barreling the place to dead and a 5/11 newbie comes in whining: team me team me and runs in youre barrel dies and bam -15 sl :/

i wish that all people where like you in those caves strych, it would be a blessing, or atleast that people stick to some basic simple rules: same with em melleetanks: if there teamed no problem: but dont go running inside barrels thinking you can survive LOL

them soldier dont spawn, its them nice lieutenants :)

have fun, i hope people will read youre "rules" and stick to em

greetings, original

Argent
11-03-04, 15:55
Well said and soldiers do not spawn btw.

The horror of caves : unteamed melee tank.

ezza
11-03-04, 15:59
i wont even go in with my melee tank, its a aoe cave imo, just my view.

and you missed the ettiquette where cartel rush and and gank the cave levelers :D

Hazard01
11-03-04, 15:59
great post.....just spend some time in a cave this morning and thought "There should be some kind of rules for this" :D

The one I thought of was:

Stay away from the mobs
5 People standing in front of a soldier don´t leave much room to shoot from the rear. I am Rifler, so espacially Melee (well, had this in your rules already), Pistol users and APUs are really making me mad. They are nearly ALWAYS run to the Mob at about 2 m, standing in the way and barreling them self.

But on the other hand I have NO idea if they have to go this close to the mobs, so perhaps I should just be quiet :D

Haxxor
11-03-04, 16:00
Originally posted by Strych9
3. Melee. Yes, I have a melee tank- hehe. But overall, melee IS a pain in the caves when you have barrelling APUs or HC tanks.

When AOE is happening sit back and suck up exp or run in and gain CON exp

Original monk
11-03-04, 16:03
Originally posted by ezza
and you missed the ettiquette where cartel rush and and gank the cave levelers :D

:rolleyes: proud on that ? oboy ...

OpTi
11-03-04, 16:04
i carried all/most of the combat and resist buffs with me at all times but thats me personaly, if a ppu doesn't have the buff i ask for no biggie i spec to use my weapons unbuffed so thats never a prob for me.

What pisses me off is impatient people asking for heals/buffs running round like a mad man making it as hard as poss to target them. Doing that in an op war while fighting is cool cuz then it's my job, but in a cave where you have a safe place to hide and stand still for a sec it just pisses me right off.

another thing is charging into a bunch of cave mobs with the idea that the ppu is gonna go out of his way and risk dying to rez you and bitch that you left them dead for 5-10 mins while you cleared the area... not me you'll lie dead untill I decide it's safe to rez, i intend to never have to rez just as people should intend never to need a rez just by being a little cautious.

PE's also have a capped TL3 which tbh is ace, i used to solo the caves on my tank with a heal at about 500% a set of VK and about 30 poison in con. Not a problem so PE's if you see a ppu thats busy use your own heal you can fully heal yourself and save the, mana/boosters of the ppu.

just little things that people can do that not only make it easier for the ppu but for them aswell.

Glok
11-03-04, 16:04
Originally posted by Hazard01
...and APUs are really making me mad. They are nearly ALWAYS run to the Mob at about 2 m, standing in the way and barreling them self.. An APU that goes frontline in the caves is a dead apu. ;)

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 16:05
Originally posted by Glok
An APU that goes frontline in the caves is a dead apu. ;)

Not if he's specced right.

OpTi
11-03-04, 16:07

i find it hard to screw up a a rare barrel and hit myself, at capped range you have about a 5-10m gap from yourself and the edge of firestorm the others have less aoe afaik, it really isn't hard to aim a barrel at range.

ezza
11-03-04, 16:08
Originally posted by Original monk
:rolleyes: proud on that ? oboy ... you should take pride in all your work regardless of what it is.

on topic i agree(sigh)with most of what strych9 said

SamuraiPizzaCat
11-03-04, 16:09
yes but some idiotic apus decide that 3rd person barreling is fun...

Glok
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Not if he's specced right. Even so. I've been doing cave runs with AoE tanks and other APUs, if the nib apu runs right up to the mobs, he's dead. The only time I ever even get close is to fire off a pools worth of barrels, and even then I'm about 50M away (holy nrg barrel).

Not that it matters anymore, I've decided the caves are a boring way to level. I'm gonna finish capping on fire mobs.

Strych9
Thanks for the clarification on the soldiers.

Now I dont mind the LE melee tanks- they are a blessing to me frankly. Hell, any LE runner that is high enough level means that I have NO worry

A. About killing them
B. About healing them

Oh, let me add this:

9. Leaving team. This is NOWHERE near as bad as it is at the bunker- but as soon as you decide you wont be active in the cave, please leave your team. Its a courtesy to those that are still on the team and could use an active runner to fill the spot. But like I said, in my experience, this is SELDOM a problem out at TG.

10. Thanking your PPUs. I have seen some impressive PPUs out there. HEILEMAX is one that comes to mind, and there have been others as well. I always make a point of thanking the PPUs when they do a good job. A good PPU job, to me (this is pure opinion) is when it seems you are perpetually being healed. Which, incidentally, is how I play my PPU. If you know the PPU is the only reason you stayed alive the whole time... thank em. Not that PPUs would EVER do anything EVIL to another player... :angel:... but I certainly play favorites. The runners that play smart and are considerate are at the top of my list in terms of who gets healed first. The runners that spam the team channel with demands and are rude DO get healed, they just arent priority. That may sound awful, but remember PPUs arent just auto-healing machines. I know people think PPUs are uber, but it takes a lot of skill and concentration to keep a full team of rambo-wannabes alive. ;)

11. PPU hierarchy. If there is more than one PPU, the lower level one should handle the tasks of rezzing and let the PPU with the better heals do the healing. This is also a PURE opinion of mine. Since the PPU gets exp no matter what they do (as it comes from the team) the PPU with the better level heals should be the one doing the most healing. My PPU, when noobish, just rezzed and damage boosted mostly. People dont want blessed heals anyway. Hehe. Now, the ONLY time this is different is when one PPU has a Holy Rezz and the other has a normal rezz. The holy rezz will be much shorter- so its a dilemma. Do you have the higher TL ppu do the faster rezz or the better heals?

12. Waiting for the PPU/Announcing Rezz. Two part item. First, the PPU should announce on team/local when starting a rezz. Second, the team should take that into consideration for two reasons.

A. The PPU that is rezzing wont get exp if you run off and he leaves your local listing.
B. You wont have the services of that PPU while he is rezzing.
C. If he is rezzing near mobs, he may need to be healed himself or to have the mobs attacked so he can complete the rezz.

Okay, now I am done. :)

Edit: Oh about melee getting in the way- melee should try and run to the BACK of the mob, allowing open access to the front for direct fire attacks like beams/pistols/rifles. If everyone is using AOE, it doesnt matter where the melee tank stands. ;)

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 16:12
I agree with 9 and 11.

I don't agree with 10, unless they do an exceptionally super duper superb job. Other than that, they don't deserve thanks anymore than any other class. They need damage dealers like damage dealers need them. And they recieve money/xp anyways, it's not like it's a charity case. :p

ezza
11-03-04, 16:13
i dont cave often, but i know in the past a lot of people talk to the very guy who is trying to keep them alive as if they are shit.

got sick of it as a hybrid back in the day, and i got sick of it when people would talk to ppus the same in recent times.

a little respect for the guy keepingyou alive is nice

Q`alooaith
11-03-04, 16:15
Also..

If another PPU is refusing to team with you, don't keep inviting them, it can make casting defensive spell's on their team and heal's and heal santum's so much harder..

Also, if the other team's PPU is healing you from time to time, or buffing a little, don't come running and demanding heal's and buff's..

If your going to die, and you can't avoid it, try and get somwhere that can be seen from cover, this way a ppu can ress you without having to risk themselves too much.

MisterP
11-03-04, 16:17

I've solo'd many a times :D

Glok
11-03-04, 16:19
Originally posted by MisterP
I've solo'd many a times :D What does that have to do with an AoE team? I've soloed it too. Takes a long ass time with medkits, but it is possible.

FirestarXL
Strych, I don't always agree with your posts, but this is a Five Star job. Top stuff. :D

Not that I ever level in chaos caves any more since the GR changes, but this is superb for those who do.

Argent
I don't agree with 10, unless they do an exceptionally super duper superb job. Other than that, they don't deserve thanks anymore than any other class. They need damage dealers like damage dealers need them. And they recieve money/xp anyways, it's not like it's a charity case. :p

But how many people would be caving if there weren't ppus? Not too many I say.

Edit : And is it so hard to say "thanks"?

Strych9
I agree with 9 and 11.

I don't agree with 10, unless they do an exceptionally super duper superb job. Other than that, they don't deserve thanks anymore than any other class. They need damage dealers like damage dealers need them. And they recieve money/xp anyways, it's not like it's a charity case. :p Well I see it like this. I can hit the caves with my bud SLB... me in my PPU and him in his melee Tank... and we can just ignore everyone else in there. I can heal only him, and a tank in there with a PPUs undivided attention is unkillable by the mobs, and prolly other chars as well. He can get his holy def, holy shelt, holy heal, and haz 3, and just ignore everyone else in there.

I will still get great exp off what he can do with his devils grace. Maybe not as good as the team, but it will be far less effort than the team.

So yes, I get money and exp from the team, but its not like I need 9 strangers insulting me in order to level.

Dont see whats wrong with courtesy. :) And like I said, you dont HAVE to thank the PPUs... just dont complain when their service seems substandard afterwards. ;)

Oh, and PPUs should thank others as well. Sorry if I didnt state that. :)

zii
I cave often at the moment. What a good set of common sence guidelines. Congrats,

]v[ortice
11-03-04, 16:24
All OK except...

Point 2: You should be at least rank 50/xx to go caving... with the exception of tanks who I wouldn't complain about if they were 45/xx. Up to Rank 50 you get the same XP from launcher teams as you do in the caves from a team. Don't forget... if you've played your character correctly and you want to cap it... then you're gonna spend most of your gaming time in the caves anyway... why bother prolonging it? Special note to PPUs with ranks like mine there who get absolutely fuck all XP from anyone under rank 56/** and very little therafter.

Point 4: As a PPU you should carry all buffs with you. Personal preference maybe? But it's crucial for boosting people's ranks for a closer team XP experience.

Point 7: If you have AOE weapons u also need normal weapons. Simply because a team can be overrun by the spawn of 2-3 lieutenants. They get in and around your team and need to be dealt with. Very handy to have a Melee character in that situation also.

Point 8: I agree with Shadow (first time?). Quite frankly I get bored of standing in the same place shooting the same mob over and over. I prefer when we're moving through to the different 'bottle-necks' in the cave for different confrontations.

Mort's PPU caving tips:

1. Plenty of boosters
2. Keep Heal sanc up
3. Keep a heal ticking over everyone... even if they don't need it. some people's health can drop at alarming rates after 1 or 2 hits. That saves lives and doesn't cost you or the team the time or the mana of rezzing and rebuffing.
4. Shelter helps when the queen starts kicking off.
5. Stand at the back with the whole team in your field of vision so you can move yourself into good positions so heals always hit.
6. Play in 3rd person if you already don't. Improves vision!
7. You can rezz from an awful long way away. You don't have to stand over the body. Find a safe place... and move a few paces into cover after the rez has started.

More Rules or suggestions to add to the top.

9. Always Barrel in 1st person. and from a safe distance from the rest of the team. Shouting "Barrel" also helps your teammates get out of the way if they are in any danger. At least it makes them aware and not ignorant to your barrelling.

10. If you are a H-C tank using an AOE weapon... stand at the front of your team and fire from there. Again in 1st person and crouching to improve accuracy. So many times have I seen people taken out from idiots at the back trying to shoot a rocket between peoples legs. Common sense really.

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 16:24
Originally posted by Argent
But how many people would be caving if there weren't ppus?

Me.

But anyways, how many ppus would be caving without damage dealers?

Well I see it like this. I can hit the caves with my bud SLB... me in my PPU and him in his melee Tank... and we can just ignore everyone else in there. I can heal only him, and a tank in there with a PPUs undivided attention is unkillable by the mobs, and prolly other chars as well. He can get his holy def, holy shelt, holy heal, and haz 3, and just ignore everyone else in there.

I will still get great exp off what he can do with his devils grace. Maybe not as good as the team, but it will be far less effort than the team.

So yes, I get money and exp from the team, but its not like I need 9 strangers insulting me in order to level.

Dont see whats wrong with courtesy. :) And like I said, you dont HAVE to thank the PPUs... just dont complain when their service seems substandard afterwards. ;)

Oh, and PPUs should thank others as well. Sorry if I didnt state that. :)

I can agree with not treating the ppus like shit or being a demanding twat, but i just can't agree with thanking them just because they are doing what their class dictates.

Strych9
11-03-04, 16:33
I can agree with not treating the ppus like shit or being a demanding twat, but i just can't agree with thanking them just because they are doing what their class dictates. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying thank every PPU you see in there. I have been in their with some poor, mediocre, and excellent PPUs. The excellent ones get thanked, the mediocre ones dont get abused, and the poor ones just get abandoned and I switch chars and come back later. :)

Their job is to heal and maintain life, but that doesnt mean they do it well...

Mortice-

I somewhat disagree about the ranks. Maybe we need to look into this- but my 45/ melee tank gets 50K exp from a 70/70 chaos minion, which is far more than he gets from a launcher.

In my mind its just about the sharing, not really the overall exp. When you are on a team, you get all of your own exp plus 10% of whatever the other members get that you share with. Some teams out there are all between 30 and 40 in combat rank, other teams are betwen 50 and 70.

So even if someone is 30/, I think it would be better to team them if you can share exp then for them to just not be there at all. Sure, if you ONLY care about powerlevelling you would be better off without them. But if you are a PPU or you just enjoy the teamwork aspect of it, I dont think its that bad. :)

But its based on the group. As a 30/ myself, I would often go in, see that its a high level serious group, and then just not bother them. But othertimes I found groups I could easily get with and contribute to.

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 16:35
A lowbie can drug up the wazoo and get weapon buffs to increase his rank. :p

deac
11-03-04, 16:38
well you should do it if hes not getting any xp and is just there to help ;)

Original monk
11-03-04, 16:45
guideline 10: AMEN

i always thank the ppu and show em my respect gratitude and no i wont forget he's name afterwords, never

SypH
11-03-04, 17:00
I love the Lieutenants in the caves. Yesterday I was in a team, but everyone left and my poor droner fought on alone. 2 Lts kept me busy for almost an hour, but that was the great thing. I let them live so they could constantly spawn minions. I dont go to the caves for loot, I go for XP and milking the Lts is something people need to do more, rather than rushing to be the guy who loots the queen.

Strych9
11-03-04, 17:05
As a side note, I didnt mention anything about the queen because I only chill at the TG cave, which lacks the queen.

Shakari
11-03-04, 17:12
I agree with 9 and 11.

Its ppl with no manners like you that get heals 2 seconds to late :)

manners never hurt try not having a PPU in there lol It can be done but its not as easy, and I'm generally more harsh than the thread starter those that are rude or stuck-up with me just don't get healed or rezzed end of story, and if they piss me off enough the get DB'd (only ever had one person harrase me enough for this lol, he died 5 seconds later lol) . I am not there as a hand rag thanks.

I like PPU'ing in the cave and its nice to know your appreciated.

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 17:14
Originally posted by Shakari
Its ppl with no manners like you that get heals 2 seconds to late :)

How is that no manners? Because I don't fall all over you and give you undying worship? Do you ever thank your damage dealing team mates for dealing damage?

:rolleyes:

]v[ortice
11-03-04, 17:17
No fucking way is a rank 30/xx anything caving with me.

Sorry ur talking bollocks.

To Re-Iterate:

At rank 30 u get the same amount of XP from launcher teams your level than you do caving. When was the last time you were in a launcher team with your melee tank?

All of my chars are higher than Rank 50+/xx and I would leave the cave if someone that low came in to join. Not too good if I'm the only PPU.

This game is not about... rats for ten minutes, aggies for a day and caving for the rest of your life.

[EDIT] @Shadow - PPUing in a cave is a lot harder than standing there clicking your mouse... something you're used to. Least you can say is a 'cheers' or a 'nice-one!' from time to time. PPUs job is a thankless one... and you can always tell a char with a ppu cos he always say's thanks.

Archeus
11-03-04, 17:21
Generally if someone is standing beside the cave entrance I don't kill them, and I don't kill anyone inside the cave.

Thats good ettitquette.

*edit: Anyone who was rude while I was a PPU met with an unfortunate Caving accident and had to wait to be rezzed.

Strych9
11-03-04, 17:22
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
No fucking way is a rank 30/xx anything caving with me.

Sorry ur talking bollocks.

To Re-Iterate:

At rank 30 u get the same amount of XP from launcher teams your level than you do caving. When was the last time you were in a launcher team with your melee tank?

All of my chars are higher than Rank 50+/xx and I would leave the cave if someone that low came in to join. Not too good if I'm the only PPU.

This game is not about... rats for ten minutes, aggies for a day and caving for the rest of your life. Notice I also said this:
But its based on the group. As a 30/ myself, I would often go in, see that its a high level serious group, and then just not bother them. But othertimes I found groups I could easily get with and contribute to.Sure YOU wont team with a /30. As a PPU, nothing is worse than being expected to keep alive someone you cant get exp from.

But there are groups and PPUs that DO get exp from a /30. PPUs dont just magically start at 50/ and needing high level teams. :)

In my original post I said
There are tons of good places to level with teams for lower levels. The caves deal a lot of damage quickly- save the caves for when you are at least 30/xx in rank.I was saying that to even STAY ALIVE in caves you should be around 30/ or so. That doesnt mean that once you hit 30/ you should go in and team with anyone you can find.

30/ runners CAN get good teams sometimes. Sometimes.

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 17:31
Originally posted by ]v[ortice

[EDIT] @Shadow - PPUing in a cave is a lot harder than standing there clicking your mouse... something you're used to.

Nice smart ass remark.

I'm tired of hearing your crap. There goes another notch on the ignore list.

So tired of these silly uppity ppus who think they deserve special treatment. Don't play it if it's so thankless and stressful and takes out so much out of you. Oh the humanity.

Strych9
11-03-04, 17:39
So tired of these silly uppity ppus who think they deserve special treatment. Don't play it if it's so thankless and stressful and takes out so much out of you. Oh the humanity.

:rolleyes: I hope you arent including me in this. I clarified to say that not EVERY ppu should be thanked- just the ones that you think do a great job. And I think they shouldnt be abused. Are either of those two ideas offensive to you?

Oh yeah, as a PPU I also always thank the group for the exp and dough when I am done...

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 17:42
I hope you arent including me in this.

No I wasn't. Just the ones who think they deserve special treatment. They know who they are.

Are either of those two ideas offensive to you?

Nope.

]v[ortice
11-03-04, 17:44
LOL Shadow.

I'm not uppity and PPUs aren't in general. All we want is to be treated the same as everyone else and not made to feel like second class citizens by people like you.

TBH I thank anyone who gives me a much needed heal... no matter the class.

Original monk
11-03-04, 17:44
How is that no manners? Because I don't fall all over you and give you undying worship? Do you ever thank your damage dealing team mates for dealing damage?

i yust had to pop in here:

me personally: i thank the team for the good xp and i thank the ppu for the special ppuloving he/she gave me :)

in the team the apu's that give you that nice extreme XP are ffcourse included :)

but i understand youre remark: its a TEAM, ya all work togheter in getting good money and xp, so everyone is included in the whole process and no-one should be treated special.

BUT: its very nice to have a ppu around in the caves: when you aint being nice to em and he/she leaves then it takes even longer to finish the cave :) thats why you are extra kind to the ppu hehe

+ its always nice that if you die ya get rezzurected a minute later and that ya dont have to wait 25 minutes till the rest finished the cave, not even to talk about dieing when there isnt a ppu around: cause then powerleveling can take veeery long :) and isnt powerleveling nomore.

ino
11-03-04, 17:55
I fully agree with most things said.

One of the most annoying things that can happen in cave is I, the ppu announce Im about to ress after a room is cleared, and the team runs away to exp. It's not a problem if the whole team use their brain and stays alive, but after the ress is made there is always 2 to 3 more ppl that needs ressing, and then repeat until the cave is cleared :).

And also when im the only ppu there and there are a full set of lt's and soldiers arround a corner, I will have lots of things to do if the team is big healing and so on to keep everyone alive, and here comes mister tank0r screaming from the top of his lungs that he needs haz, heal, hc boost, shelter and def and whatnot NOW!. Please think before you scream, stay alive to get the buff later on or get your buff resulting in someone else dying to your expense.

I usually dont mind if there are super lowbees arround if they think for themselvs abit and not rushing the Lt's like the tank or pe at xx/60+. They need to lvl too but maby find another place as sugessted by others until a reasonable rank where you can take atleast one hit before you die :).

I can go on and on and on about things ppl really should think about in cave and in fights that would make everything so much more efficiant, but you kinda get the point I guess.

Oh and in the heat of action can ppl just arriving to cave stop spamming team team team team team!!! TEAM ME!, please :) Just stay the fuck still and if there is room I'll or someone else will probably invite you.

Shakari
11-03-04, 19:37

yes i do actually I say "thanks for the team guys" usually

and yes you have no manners, want me to say it again???

and yes I expect you to be polite and maybe say thanks for scraping your worthless ass of the floor, and where the hell do you get worship from??? you on something???

I just expect politness and some thanks for helping ppl live and i am polite and thank ppl who give me exp... but seems that beyond you.

so as i said before: Its ppl with no manners like you that get heals 2 seconds to late :)

for just the attitude you show in your reply

EDIT: hmm shadow you seem to just be trolling and flaming the same old lines.... either you doing just that or you don't care about anyone but little old you????

Shakari
11-03-04, 19:42
Nice smart ass remark.

I'm tired of hearing your crap. There goes another notch on the ignore list.

what about the uppity APU's that like to think there gods gift to necron when without a PPU they drop like flies :)

Oh i do it cos i enjoy it, and i take care of ppl who are nice, its a case of you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, but this seems to be lost on you

]v[ortice
11-03-04, 20:16
Thankyou Shakari.

I was starting to think i was being harsh on the poor fella.

Reality check was well timed and well orchestrated :)

Lifewaster
11-03-04, 20:25
On my PPU , I dont see the problem with letting a low runner tag along, usually they are very low maintenence, tend to take more caution with themselves and heal sanctum will usually keep them healed anyway since their total hps are quite low.

SypH
11-03-04, 20:26
I hate it when people scream about wanting shelter in the cave when it does pretty much bog all. Any time I need buffs I ask for the PPU to buff me when he has a chance, not spam it about 20 times like some people do. If I was a ppu and saw that, I dont think I'd want to buff that person.

steweygrrr
11-03-04, 21:18
I agree with 9 and 11.

Try going in there at 74/55** a whole 10k exp and 3k NC for a run.

Glok
11-03-04, 22:32
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Try going in there at 74/55** a whole 10k exp and 3k NC for a run. As a PPU you mean? That's when you take near capped rifle spies with you. And APUs if you psi 3 them.

Bragvledt
11-03-04, 23:48
So what's the take on a lowbie (////) LE tank going in?
I'm "stuck" in TG and have to choose between the newbie caves, the Outdoor one near TG or the fire mobs. I tried the fire mobs y'day, great fun it was but a bit too hard for now (http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fdf8bb3_3d3e/bc/Neocron/Fire1.jpg?bfoHOUAB1Kf43dBq). I didn't even die during that moment. :p

I'm going to take my chances inside the cave soon, since I don't want to level in those é**ù^p$ Iguana caves again.

Do I have to shout "AOE with LE" or something when there's a team inside before I start shooting?
I don't expect to be teamed either, although it wouldn't hurt.

Strych9
11-03-04, 23:51
My view- just say "LE" and then start blasting. You cant hurt them, and they cant hurt you. You may get some resentment for "taking experience" away from the team if you arent teamed/too low level to team, but higher level runners can FAR outdamage whatever you can do.

Try to focus on the 70/70 mobs. Seriously- you WONT get much experience until your rank gets higher.

You could perhaps try to find some of those <<<< fire mobs out there.

At your level, 50/50 is the highest you should go. But in TG, you dont have that option. :(

Bragvledt
12-03-04, 00:05
The lowest mob I saw was one lone Desert Alpha Wolf at < 16/16. All the others (Grim Persecutor, Hopper, Giant Raptor, Terror Raptor) are way too hard for me.
At least in the caves I have far better cover and maybe a team doing most of the damage.

TG is tough alright. Can't even find a decent poison resist drug.

Kugero
12-03-04, 00:11
So what's the take on a lowbie (////) LE tank going in?

well I had an opportunity to make a CRP cave run (for the first time) with my LE tank last night (39/49) - I was polite, tried not to get in the way and was picked up by a Monk team almost immediately. Got through 1.5 runs and finally died - waited about 2 minutes to see if one of them would go for a Rez - when they didn't I just genrep'd out said "thanks for opportunity" and left the team.

the runners were all pretty cool about it and didn't seem to have much of a problem even with some of them being members of the controlling clan (who are VERY territorial about CRP). They even offered some advice on how to survive, so for me it was a great new experience.

anyway.

Glok
12-03-04, 00:18
Originally posted by Kugero
Got through 1.5 runs and finally died - waited about 2 minutes to see if one of them would go for a Rez - when they didn't I just genrep'd out said "thanks for opportunity" and left the team.Only another LEd PPU could rez you.

Clownst0pper
12-03-04, 00:19
TBH i dont give a shit, I barrel when I want, anyones in the way, they die. simple.

There own fault.

Apus give the xp, not the shitty libby.

Bragvledt
12-03-04, 00:28
Well to be honest I really meant I'm going in AGAIN, I just wanted to know what the opinion was here on low chars going in a high-level cave. :)

I fully expected to die, but there were 2 guys who were EXTREMELY helpful, teaming me, giving me advice on how to fight and even giving me a full armor set, 2 slotted weapons with ammo, a wad of cash and a bunch of medkits!! :eek: :eek: If you're in here guys, I was the Steve Bennett tank on Pluto : you're the best for doing this! http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif
It struck me how tame some of these mobs were, I could AoE them and they wouldn't even move. And the Vampires don't attack the one closest to them either. A good way to take lots of pics!

I think I won't die too much if I just retreat/run like hell when hit once.

Clownst0pper
12-03-04, 00:30
I kill any low level players who think they can level in chaos caves, they fuck my xp up.

LOL selfish leveler?

Hell yes.

Strych9
12-03-04, 01:32
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
I kill any low level players who think they can level in chaos caves, they fuck my xp up.

LOL selfish leveler?

Hell yes. If that isnt motivation for a LE runner to level in your caves, I dont know what is. :)

Clownst0pper
12-03-04, 01:34
If that isnt motivation for a LE runner to level in your caves, I dont know what is.

LE's? they can fuck right off, we just dont team them then, lol or I kill the team :lol:

Elric
12-03-04, 02:00
LE's? they can fuck right off, we just dont team them then, lol or I kill the team :lol:

note to self: Make LE tank on Saturn and join his cave team.. Uber Belt lootage commences thereafter :D :p

Clownst0pper
12-03-04, 02:01
OMG you think im joking?

I capped my APU in under like 2 weeks, Its not by letting retards team, lowbies, LE's or other monkeys, my teams are elite and XP heaven.

Shame I capped today :lol:

Elric
12-03-04, 02:09
Damn, there goes my opportunity of easy money....

Oh well....

off to figure out another scheme..

:edit:

Remeber clown, You were a n00b once too, have a heart :p :D

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 02:11
If I see a noob in the caves who won't leave, i team them. Do you know how much SL you lose for killing a noob in a hunting zone?

:eek:

Strych9
12-03-04, 02:11
Clown, I hope you realize that people here wont be too impressed that you capped your APU, or that your teams are XP heaven or whatever.

If you want to brag, start a new thread please.

Elric
12-03-04, 02:12
If I see a noob in the caves who won't leave, i team them. Do you know how much SL you lose for killing a noob in a hunting zone?

:eek:

Yes :(

It was an accident though, i swear.

Shakari
12-03-04, 02:23
TBH i dont give a shit, I barrel when I want, anyones in the way, they die. simple.

There own fault.

Apus give the xp, not the shitty libby.

I get ok exp without apu's and libs give good exp:)

and barrel away lol its your SL thats gonna suck :)

Omnituens
12-03-04, 02:47
good call on the melee users

its your fault you die. not ours.

Clownst0pper
12-03-04, 11:50
Sorry but thats my cave etiqutte! Yes its harsh, but im here to cap my characters, not to get slowed down by some noob who feels that they shouldnt be at the aggies leveling

hinch
12-03-04, 13:15
on jupi my rules are as follows buff up with +1 apu or +1 tank run in and if theres anybody hostile in there kill them then come out (basically any non tg fa or crahn)

if theyre stupid enough to rep back to crp kill them again
rince and repeat till theres lots of belts then call in a hacker

then tell all non tg to leave and solo the cave with my chosen partner to gain some int lvls.

if im in a good mood ill only kill half of the hostiles straight off and then tell the others to fuck off if they dont then kill them too