PDA

View Full Version : There was a request for this a littlw while ago.. The real PA..

Q`alooaith
11-03-04, 14:36
http://169.229.204.159/hel/CV/Ryan/R1-BLEEX-Web.jpg

http://me.berkeley.edu/hel/bleex.htm

I was flicking though the NS and saw the artical with the link, rembering somone asked about this a bit ago I dug and found and now posted..

Kinda interseting, with a goal of being able to carry a 55kg pack, with the exo weighing in at 45kg.. kinda heay, but apparently you can't feel the weight of it..

So we're not so far from RL power armor..

jernau
11-03-04, 14:42
Look out trout here comes the Combat Fisherman.

Kal
11-03-04, 14:43
[edited for violation of the forum rules - political]

totally overpowered :p

Oath
11-03-04, 14:45
Looks bulky and cumbersome,

Maybe they stole it from the tank PA :p

Q`alooaith
11-03-04, 14:46
Originally posted by Kal
[edited for consistency -- Vithar]

totally overpowered :p

[edited for violation of the forum rules -- political, nationalistic flaming]

Look's stupid, and pretty noisy too, but it's all about carrying heavyer packs... Run's on a petrol engine I think, so watch that fuel tank in a firefight...

Mattimeo
11-03-04, 14:49
a while back they had build a full exo-suit that did some pretty neat things, I don't remember much about it but it was just a frame around the person and supposedly boosted listing strength and ground speed.

I'll have to look it up later.

jernau
11-03-04, 14:50
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Run's on a petrol engine I think, so watch that fuel tank in a firefight...

LMAO - Are you serious?

Enemy1 : Where are the invaders?
Enemy2 : You see that thick black smoke trail sir?
Enemy1 : Are you kidding?
Enemy2 : No sir, want to test the heat-seeking missiles?

:lol:

WebShock
11-03-04, 14:51
dont you simpletons think before posting stupid garbage like this?

do you even realize how offensive your political views are? 'm not trying to read stuff like "Nuke America" in a game forum. Take that garbage to a political forum.

i cant wait for a mod to pwn this thread and lock it to the bowels of hell and back.

its idiocy like what you posted Q that started things like... hmmm

THE HOLOCAUST

it was a cool reference to technology but the minute you start saying ignorant shit like that, well it makes me lose all interest in this thread.

Shadow Dancer
11-03-04, 14:51
I want to go to the country that has APUs.

Q`alooaith
11-03-04, 14:55
Word's in anger, spoken quickly..

Edit in anger, but the mind restrains.

jernau
11-03-04, 15:25
Originally posted by WebShock
its idiocy like what you posted Q that started things like... hmmm

THE HOLOCAUST

And that isn't an attempt to escalate it.:rolleyes:

Hopefully the mods are smart enough to either ignore it or just edit gently. The PA thing is interesting.

WebShock
11-03-04, 15:37
how would you feel if i said....
hmm nuke <what ever rock you crawled out off>

[edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming]

jernau
11-03-04, 15:40
It honestly wouldn't bother me in the slightest as I am certain you don't have the ability to decide who nukes who.

There are so many ways I could slap you down at this point but I won't because I'd rather this thread stayed open and because unlike you, most of us DO think before we post.;)

WebShock
11-03-04, 15:53
[edited for violation of the forum rules -- flaming]

jernau
11-03-04, 16:00
The topic is up there ^^. You can always make a new thread if you want to post about something else.

Q`alooaith
11-03-04, 16:04
Webshock, Jernau,

Please if you'd like to go off topic please make a new thread, or the PM functions..

This goes double for webshock, if you don't like somthing I've said you can always PM me, or if you think I've crossed a line the report post function does realy work.

Now back to the topic, or get out.

Vithar
12-03-04, 00:59
Watch yourselves here, please.

No more political or nationalistic comments.

Keep it on topic.

Dribble Joy
12-03-04, 01:08
As is said in another page, the suit is actually quite fluid and uncontricting. But its limited to walking/slow jogging, running is not possible atm, which for a soldier is totally useless.

Omnituens
12-03-04, 02:43
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
As is said in another page, the suit is actually quite fluid and uncontricting. But its limited to walking/slow jogging, running is not possible atm, which for a soldier is totally useless.
so no bunny-hopping then?

damn.

mdares
12-03-04, 02:53
well wut can u say? their mechanical engineers... they ahve no taste :p ugly little bugger to wear...

And the problems in mass production if it goes through... damn... they need to rework it a little, increase the number of joints for better flexibility...

O and before i get jumped on by other mechis, i'm just 2 buildings down from them (i'm a chem eng.) so i should know :D