PDA

View Full Version : [OT] complicated problems with ventrilo+cs (help please)

Invertigo
10-03-04, 23:25
well..i just spammed this on the ventrilo forums, and like 3 of the cs forums... was wondering if maybe anyone here could help since im sure most neocron people know more about computer things than the cs peoplezzz

hopefully someone here might be able to help me.. here is the post:

my clan uses ventrillo to hang out in when were just playing funs in our server, and also to scrim with... but i got a problem thats very very annoying.

when im on ventrilo and i join a game, it all seems fine untill people start talking, and things happen in the game like an enemy will come into view and starts shooting at me, or ill shoot at him...my mouse like locks up and i cannot move it, and wheatever key im currently holding down, like run foward, will get stuck on. it will happen for a 3rd of a second, up to like two whole seconds.

i have found a way to get around this....if i press the setup and leave that window open while i join the cs server, this problem does no accur...however another problem is now born.

while i have this window open there will be major vioce delay, and it will take up to like 2 minutes for everything that my clan mates say to catch up, and it will all go quick at once. i have found this to be effected by my ingame FPS. if i stare at the ground wheere i get like a constant 100 fps everything is fine, or if its lagging and i stare at the ground it will all catch up quick. but this problem is still very annoying.

i read in the FAQ that the voice delay can be caused by the CPU taking up so much resources that its delaying ventrilo.. it tells me to turn Process priority class to highest and it MIGHT fix the problem... im pretty sure i have the newest version, but i dont see this option anywhere...i hope im just blond or somthing...

if anyone can help me out it would help alot...it is really really hard to have to stare at more score being like 1-6 when the rest of my clan is 9-1 because of these bugs...

my system specs are:

p4 1.5 ghz
radeon 9700 pro
768 SD RAM
onboard sound card

my internet connection is 3000/250 down/up

my ping to the ventrilo server is average of 15, and my ping average to our cs server is 12-20

thanks again...

Omnituens
11-03-04, 00:27
i have a feeling its a DirectSound conflict

i get it sometimes between CS and TeamSpeak

Invertigo
11-03-04, 00:27
w00t cmon guys i need help..no one knows wtf to do...and i cant even scrim with my clan because of it...:mad:

edit: lol omni we did that at the same time:rolleyes:

ive tryed both options checked and unchecked...neither helped. i currently have it unchecked

Psyco Groupie
11-03-04, 00:29
this is VAC not ventrillo .. or a combination of the two

I used to get mouse/control lag in cs ... one of the things that got me into hours of NC at a time :)

there is no fix unless you find hardware that doesnt do it or a driver fix or steam/vac changes

Myrlin
11-03-04, 00:34
The priority is set in windows, not in the vent client itself. Bring up taskmanager and right click on the ventrillo process. You should be able to increase its priority.

Invertigo
11-03-04, 00:35
Originally posted by Myrlin
The priority is set in windows, not in the vent client itself. Bring up taskmanager and right click on the ventrillo process. You should be able to increase its priority.

oh alright...man i was wondering where the hell that option was for hours:rolleyes:

<-------- lame

edit: i just set it to realtime, will this cause me to crash or have really really low fps in cs?

Invertigo
11-03-04, 00:44
alright, playing with the priority higher is unplayable

its even worse than before...it locks the mouse up and everything even when no one is talking...and also the fps is shit

Invertigo
11-03-04, 02:12
anyone else got any ideas?

Omnituens
11-03-04, 02:22
how about using the ingame voice com?

Psyco Groupie
11-03-04, 02:25
put vent lower than cs if you think its a cpu issue