PDA

View Full Version : Subway camera angles

zii
10-03-04, 21:01
Now that the camera angles are fixed... (I don't remember why they were a problem though. I still have problems getting out of the taxis).

Theres a problem. It is difficult to see what subway station you are at. Honestly, I have spend several times missing ViaRossa for Plaza because I can't see the sign. imagine if you were a new player and could were unable to recognise the stations design without knowing their names. You have to get off at every station and look at the sign post. Now thats annoying.

Can we have the old camera angles back? Why was it a problem anyway?

Psyco Groupie
10-03-04, 21:04
cant you count to 3 ?

honestly .. just count the number of stops

Benjie
10-03-04, 21:06
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
cant you count to 3 ?

I agree, I like that the sitting emote is working now anyway.
Don't change it.

Myrlin
10-03-04, 21:11
Originally posted by Benjie
I agree, I like that the sitting emote is working now anyway.
Don't change it.

I think its great that you actually sit in the subway, but why the heck can't I turn my head? I can't imagine that they go soo fast that they actually need head restraints that restrict your movement.

At least put up a message like "Entering Pepper Park Subway Station" when you approach the station if you're not going to allow me to look at the sign on the wall.

zii
10-03-04, 21:17
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
cant you count to 3 ?

I think you missed the point. How many times have you missed the station on the subway in real life.

I would like some sort of indication that I have arrived, or am about to arrive at my intended destination.

Marx
10-03-04, 21:18
I think it would be cool if the subway stations had little announcement type-deals, like Myrlin says.

P4mp3rk3
11-03-04, 11:55
Originally posted by Marx
I think it would be cool if the subway stations had little announcement type-deals, like Myrlin says.

amfest
11-03-04, 12:03
I think the thing with the free head movement was that your head angle would stay where ever you looked and left it ..so if you were looking fwd and the car turned different directions and such you'd stay looking in that direction . so what was forward is now backwards and you'd watch the camera spin around the car which was very lame but now yea a lil now entering station such and such text display ( a voice announcment would be a big bonus) would be great.

as for counting the number of stops . . . I'm sure a new person to the game is going to know the number of stops. Since you can't look at the walls anymore or see around correctly it would be nice to have some indication that's all.

L3m0n
11-03-04, 12:57
Originally posted by Marx
yeh that would be cool but i can see the bugs
example
you stop at Outzone but it says "now entering plaza" lol think of the poor nOObs who will be useing it!
:p