PDA

View Full Version : lom timer request

greploco
10-03-04, 18:57
could one of you leet VB/VC programmers make a little lom timer to run on my desktop. it takes? 6min for synap to wear off? I think. How about a little app that plays an annoying sound or flashes or something. something minimal. thanks, grep

J. Folsom
10-03-04, 19:00
Just use an egg timer or something for that, there's probably one in the kitchen. And if there isn't, egg timers are pretty cheap anyway, so you could just buy one.

And IIRC it is indeed 6 minutes, but you could time it using a stop watch or something.

Candaman
10-03-04, 19:01
or just do a search on google i'm sure theres a freeware countdown stopwatch there

Psyco Groupie
10-03-04, 19:04
Theres one in DOS too

type format C: /q

*disclaimer - this helpful hint may infact erased your hdd's contents

:rolleyes: :angel:

greploco
11-03-04, 00:27
I'm surprised, most coders would jump to design and put their name on something a community would find useful. I suppose I could find something on tucows.com but it will be cumbersome and probably also install gator adware bullshit on my machine

Kal
11-03-04, 00:30
most coders are also lazy :p

Invertigo
11-03-04, 00:32
i dont think hardly anyone in the community is going to use any type of program made by neocron people with all these hacked accounts flying around...

they should make an ingame feature that you can just tell to take however many u want and just leave for a few hours and come back 2 levels lower and all ready to level again...

or better yet *gasp* remove SI from LOMS!!! MY GOD IT JUST MIGHT BE CRAZY ENOUGH TO WORK!!!

its not like your going to constantly LOM from barter to researching to constructing when your going to loose a couple levels each time. its just not worth it...problem solved.

Phlith
11-03-04, 00:43
Techi told me it was 4:45 minutes of si per lom, and over 6 when sitting... hope that helps.

J. Folsom
11-03-04, 00:47
I was just checking it out, you can configure windows to run something (Like playing a sound) after a certain time of computer inactivity, but that's the closest built-in windows thing you can do.

Anyway, one of these (http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Shareware/Windows/Personal_Information_Managers/Clocks_and_Timers/?il=1) probably offers what you want.

L0KI
11-03-04, 00:47
I know people that use macro programs to lom for them.

They just sit back and watch a film ;)

greploco
11-03-04, 00:57
http://www.bttsoftware.co.uk/eggtimer.html

sw1tch
11-03-04, 01:02
Originally posted by L0KI
I know people that use macro programs to lom for them.

They just sit back and watch a film ;)

lots more film watching when they get banned :|

greploco
11-03-04, 01:25
actually, that egg timer program I posted is not bad

not perfect, but it's very lightweight which is ideal

mdares
11-03-04, 01:32
Originally posted by greploco
actually, that egg timer program I posted is not bad

not perfect, but it's very lightweight which is ideal

i think lomming is 4 min 44 seconds when ur standing; 5 min 50 seconds when ur sitting down...

greploco
11-03-04, 01:34
I set for 5min standing

it's working well -- I'm emailing and doing other stuff while I wait for the synap to die off

dtu on that