PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] You are dead.

-FN-
10-03-04, 18:52
Whaddya think about this...

I guestimate that 95% of the time, when someone dies and doesn't tap out, they are talking to someone on voice com, feeding information to their friends when they're dead, or "ghosting". Almost all of us do it or have done it. Lay there dead, swiveling the camera around looking to see what you can see.

Then someone comes along with a CS or some pushing PSI spell and pushes you into a box or under a wall or somewhere so you can't be a "ghost" anymore.

Lying there waiting to get rezzed is one thing, but doing it to use your dead eyes to tell people what you see... I've never thought that was very cool.

So why not make the "You are dead." screen look like, at least in my opinion, how it should realistically look?

You're laying there, back on the ground, belly up... You should see this:

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/youaredead.jpg

The camera angle from where your eyes are, looking straight up and locked there until you're alive. KK managed to lock the camera angle when you get into the subway, I don't see why they could pull this off.

Frankly, the only reason I can see someone totally hating this idea is because they wouldn't want to give up "ghosting"... but I'd love to hear some other points of view. Please feel free to rate the thread :)

Ass hats need not reply.

[-Edit-]
I forgot to add a poll :( Would a mod be kind enough to make this a two option poll? Good Idea/Bad Idea and here's why...

ezza
10-03-04, 18:54
nah some of my best screenys are from a dead position:D

Serpine
10-03-04, 18:56
I died in an op battle on the weekend and sat (so to speak) watching the ongoing fireworks for a while. Didn't forward information to anybody, just admired the pretty lights and people running back and forth. Couldn't have enjoyed the show looking up.

Candaman
10-03-04, 18:57
thats cus ur never on ur feet for more than 2 secs ezza by the time u hit screenshot ur dead.

I like if FN solves a age old problem and the sky looks sooooo pretty

El_MUERkO
10-03-04, 19:01
I hate people ghosting long after the battle is over so they're reportign back to thier regrouping comrades but I enjoy lying on my back having a good look at the action going on around me that i didnt really get a chance to do while fighting.

-FN-
10-03-04, 19:01
Y'know, I imagine that there'd also be some pretty cool screenshots of people laying there looking up, with like 10 ppl around them looking down talking, hehe... or maybe laying there with rockets and plasma bursts wizzing by...

But hey, shouldn't you he concerned about getting back up on your feet and IN the light show instead of what kind of light show you're missing? :p

Psyco Groupie
10-03-04, 19:03
I think you should automatically align with the magnetic poles as soon as you die .. i mean er .. yeah good idea

Disturbed021
10-03-04, 19:07
My vote = yes...what no Poll? Slacker :p
neways yeah ppl feeding info once their dead is cheesy even tho I myself have done that on occasion...

Bengalmin
10-03-04, 19:11
good idea

another would just be to fade to black after 2 min of being dead.

I like your idea as people can stand on your head to let you know they haven't forgotten you and maybe communicte they are still waiting for a PPU to res you.

but it would be good if you could still look around and take screnies for a min or 2 after being dead

Benjie
10-03-04, 19:20
Yes.

It would solve a problem, and fix an exploit.

It gives certain runners and clans an unique advantage, hence it's an exploit.

SPIKE (pluto)
10-03-04, 20:11
Good idea, should stop people crying back to clan members after they get killed.

dr.fish
10-03-04, 20:14
bahh, even if i try i cant spy much as i dont even who if the people i see are ennemy or friendly.

RayBob
10-03-04, 20:54
I prefer that they add some way to decay or otherwise remove a dead body.

Doc Holliday
10-03-04, 20:58
5 star

Vid Gamer
10-03-04, 21:02
Awesome idea.

zii
10-03-04, 22:12
Leave it as it is. I don't care really. Its a game.

(Its not an exploit, and if it is ban teamspeak.)

...And it gives me something to do whilst I wait someone to ress me. Otherwise I suffer from bordom as I don't use TeamSpeak.

Sefran
10-03-04, 22:19
Idd a very well thought idea, 5 stars.

Myrlin
10-03-04, 22:27
Originally posted by zii

...And it gives me something to do whilst I wait someone to ress me. Otherwise I suffer from bordom as I don't use TeamSpeak.

You're dead. You SHOULD be bored. If you want excitement pick a GR and get back into the fight.

Leebzie
10-03-04, 23:08
What if we dont actually die instantly...

"You are fatally wounded"... slowly , over like 5-6 mins ur screen becomes dizzy, and fades, as you die.

eventually the screen blacks, you become unrezzable, and you must be rebuilt at a GR.

Disturbed021
11-03-04, 00:31
Originally posted by Leebzie

"You are fatally wounded"... slowly , over like 5-6 mins ur screen becomes dizzy, and fades, as you die.

eventually the screen blacks, you become unrezzable, and you must be rebuilt at a GR.

OMG me luvs it!
Makes a helluva lot more sense than seeing around like you normally would, and would stop ppl from just sitting there for an hour until they get a rez

Necrosadistic
11-03-04, 01:04
Originally posted by Leebzie

This would also make more sense than PPUs bringing people back from the dead! Bringing people back from fatal wounds is far more plausible...

athon
11-03-04, 10:39
Originally posted by Necrosadistic
This would also make more sense than PPUs bringing people back from the dead! Bringing people back from fatal wounds is far more plausible...

Dude - it's magic! They can do anything they want.

Also, I don't like this idea because it means I won't be able to check to see if there are any PPUs still alive in the area. Don't forget that you don't only die in op wars - there's cave runs, MC5 and general levelling too - and don't forget being PKd.

Athon Solo

DarkFear
11-03-04, 10:45
Originally posted by Disturbed021
OMG me luvs it!
Makes a helluva lot more sense than seeing around like you normally would, and would stop ppl from just sitting there for an hour until they get a rez

Then people simply would logout until there PPU arrives :P

t0tt3
11-03-04, 10:49
Just make it like in CS fade to black when you die......
About the PPU cant rezz you lol take away the spell thenm ever seen how long it takes to rezz? Not 4 - 6 s tho :p

And still all big clans has vent/TS so they can call for help anyway but they cant see...

5 stars

greendonkeyuk
11-03-04, 13:39
*Bang

Dead.....

Cue Operatic music.... go towards the light child, the light can save you.....

(like those weird fairy things in GHOST from years past)

I love it.

It would prevent clans exploiting the dead ghost thing i agree, there is nothing more boring than waiting for a ppu (except loming of course) and yes you could log out dead and log an alternate char so that cuts that one out. Dont see a problem here at all. I too love to spectate at opfights after ive died but tbh if this measure stops the assholes who spy with dead chars on other clans then im more than happy to give up my ringside seat, no problem at all.

5 stars from me.

borlegan
11-03-04, 13:46
hmmmm... when I die I like to see the show at the op war in different angles, sometimes its even better than play :P

shodanjr_gr
11-03-04, 14:09
Yes, although i would prefer the "fade to black" idea so that when u die, the screen turns black and the sound fades out.

yavimaya
26-05-04, 09:32
meh, i dont like it.
It's probably the best, and only feasible way of stopping "ghosting", but hey any game that gives you a "ghost" to run and get rezzed with, or allows you to sit there and get ressed, you can do this in. I'm not saying its a good thing, but i dont think that taking peoples tactics out of the game is right either. In the end, It IS a tactic, whether good or bad, thats not my issue, people need things to do, and different ways to win. That's what war is about.

I never do this, but then again i cant remember the last time i even saw an OP battle, let alone particpated in one.
When i lie there dead, its usually caving, etc.... waiting for a res. and i like to just swivel the mouse, see how the action is going, and if im real bored i just start spinning it. Nothing evil there.

Not to meantion i never play in FPS, 3p all the way! you cant take my swivel away. dead swivel in 3p rocks! can see yourself dead, and what others are doing.

DonnyJepp
26-05-04, 09:55
"ghosting" doesn't make for a compelling enough argument for making this change. It would hurt the people that aren't using voice-com worse than those that do. Personally I think it's pretty exciting to watch the battle rage around me when I'm laying there dead. The tactical advantage of having a corpse-spy is very limited.

btw pushing a corpse into a non-accessible place is a nono too. It is not supposed to be done. GMs said it was bannable.

I am not opposed to a "corpse blast" tool or spell but it should not work in hunting zones, only warzones. It should also have a ROF about twice as slow as rez and a range of about 1 meter.

Jeros82
26-05-04, 10:01
Whaddya think about this...

I guestimate that 95% of the time, when someone dies and doesn't tap out, they are talking to someone on voice com, feeding information to their friends when they're dead, or "ghosting". Almost all of us do it or have done it. Lay there dead, swiveling the camera around looking to see what you can see.

Then someone comes along with a CS or some pushing PSI spell and pushes you into a box or under a wall or somewhere so you can't be a "ghost" anymore.

Lying there waiting to get rezzed is one thing, but doing it to use your dead eyes to tell people what you see... I've never thought that was very cool.

So why not make the "You are dead." screen look like, at least in my opinion, how it should realistically look?

You're laying there, back on the ground, belly up... You should see this:

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/youaredead.jpg

The camera angle from where your eyes are, looking straight up and locked there until you're alive. KK managed to lock the camera angle when you get into the subway, I don't see why they could pull this off.

Frankly, the only reason I can see someone totally hating this idea is because they wouldn't want to give up "ghosting"... but I'd love to hear some other points of view. Please feel free to rate the thread :)

Ass hats need not reply.

[-Edit-]
I forgot to add a poll :( Would a mod be kind enough to make this a two option poll? Good Idea/Bad Idea and here's why...

Nice garden :lol:

Clyde
26-05-04, 10:11
I think thats a good idea. your dead, you shouldnt be able to report to your clan/team or else they would add that feature in the game.

mishkin
26-05-04, 10:41
I like it. :cool:

sir retail
26-05-04, 11:31
its cool like it is.
Keep it like it is.

Mr_Snow
26-05-04, 11:42
btw pushing a corpse into a non-accessible place is a nono too. It is not supposed to be done. GMs said it was bannable.

If they banned everybody who did that then they would lose another half of the server population and most only do because they know they are being spied upon and reported over TS.

The only problem I see with locking it is because you dont know if you have a resser about if you think one is coming and also if your teamed you dont know if the rest of your team including ppus are alive or dead.

t0tt3
26-05-04, 12:14
Nice 2 months old bump shodanjr_gr ;)