PDA

View Full Version : Can we make epics more difficult or extend the storyline

Ivory
10-03-04, 16:26
I was thinking about epics and how you can finish them within an hour or so, just wondering these are supposed to be "epic" item you would go that far to get that type of item.

I think it should be a bit more difficult when doing the epic runs just for the fun factor and make it last a little bit longer where it does take a while to complete. I dont want an epic to last a week but something where it is more of a challenge and you do have to take your time on it.

Also, it would be nice if people are doing the same epic as you and you had to group up in order to complete that mission and have like a big massive mob you have to kill or go on a pk spree in order to complete that mission as this can help in doing different things in the game.

Just a thought.

Discuss.

.Cyl0n
10-03-04, 16:28
basicly i agree with the epic thing..

but first they should introduce the termi run finally and fix teh shotty dot :p
then they should make runs for the "shitty" rares to clear the rarepool a bit...

and then they can change the epic runs :)

.cy

Strych9
10-03-04, 16:29
Are you viewing the epics as a 0/2 runner, or a runner that already knows the maps, has the genreps, and has the skills?

When I came back to Neocron after being gone a while, I tried the CA epic, and I actualy did it as a newb... did the /10 one when I was /10, the /20 one when I was /20, etc.

If you do the epics that way (and NOT buy your epic kills) they CAN BE quite epic.

Stigmata
10-03-04, 16:35
no, where in the game regardless of class everyone needs some of the epic items to effectively compete in PVP, with the current time sync from getting rare weapons i dont want to have another 8 hours, 12 hours or a day extra doing useless things.

we currently have a ridiculously poluted tech part pool, where you can get 100 parts and still get non of the ones you need, then you have the tedious task of trying to get someone to even respond to your requests to trade parts.

i am lucky in the fact i have been around since start of retail and have pretty much all i need, think of the people who have played for only a few weeks or months or even thoses that only casually play a hour or so a day.

a possible solution for this is to put an epic in that has a little prize that is not critical to people in order to keep the people such as Ivory who require more content to do.

just my 2 pence.

just thought of something else, if you do the PP epic finding a TS player is pretty damn hard, let alone one of equvilent rank. this in itself can take days.

Ivory
10-03-04, 16:35
i know but if you are a experienced runner then it can help if they were extra missions after you completed the normal epic.

Usually to get to a good lvl to do all the missions, it takes about a few days(depending on class) and then you can do the epic and finish it within a couple of hours.

I really like the idea of a group of people doing an epic mission together and take on a unique mob thats only available for that epic and when done you feel proper satified from it.

Candaman
10-03-04, 16:40
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
basicly i agree with the epic thing..

but first they should introduce the termi run finally and fix teh shotty dot :p
then they should make runs for the "shitty" rares to clear the rarepool a bit...

and then they can change the epic runs :)

.cy

And they should make all those termi's already out there redundant :P

Ivory
10-03-04, 16:40
your'e right in a way but I did 3 epic runs within a day and I'm mostly a casual player. Just feel it wasnt that much of a challenge (only challenge was to find a runner to kill and being a ppu it does take a while lol). Its just something that prolly need to be looked into, runners will stay in a faction if the epic missions are challenging.

Stigmata
10-03-04, 16:41
Originally posted by Ivory
i know but if you are a experienced runner then it can help if they were extra missions after you completed the normal epic.

Usually to get to a good lvl to do all the missions, it takes about a few days(depending on class) and then you can do the epic and finish it within a couple of hours.

I really like the idea of a group of people doing an epic mission together and take on a unique mob thats only available for that epic and when done you feel proper satified from it.

i did 3 epics yesterday, i felt satisfied after i had done them, i completed 6 missions for each of the epics and did between 40-60 recycle missions for each of the sympathy's.

in total it took me about 5 - 6 hours.

this to me was a ball ache to get some items i need to effectively pvp as a spy and a tank.

PP resister - essential
BT move on - Essential of a PE, SPY and some tanks
Tangent epic items - good for any class except monks.

Originally posted by Ivory
runners will stay in a faction if the epic missions are challenging.

u really believe that ?

i certainly wouldn't

.Cyl0n
10-03-04, 16:47
Originally posted by Candaman
And they should make all those termi's already out there redundant :P

LOL.... i would prolly delete my pe then 8|

Strych9
10-03-04, 16:49
Originally posted by stigmata
u really believe that ?

i certainly wouldn't I agree. ONLY way that epics would stop faction hopping is if MOVEONs were ONLY useable by Biotech, Resistors only by PP, etc.

Which frankly, while that would disturb some of my chars, it DOES make sense, and that change wouldnt bother me TOO much. I would miss use of the tangent speed gat and moveon the most I think.

hinch
10-03-04, 16:49
good more time for you to play on jupi

but the epics will ahve to change shortly anyway if the storyline goes ahead that bt and tt work together then their runs begin to contradict the storyline so being a detriment to the overall effect

Ivory
10-03-04, 16:54
i dont think making them faction restricted would help much the exception of this will be the crahn glove for monks(as it may make monks overpowered or what not, but thats up to the developers).

@hinch, got a character on jupi but I dont play on that server that much.