PDA

View Full Version : NEW IDEA! doom beamer

alig
10-03-04, 15:25
Ok....this gun is the highest one a tank can use and is probably the most useless....so i was thinking that u could make this gun like the secondary fire on the Link gun in ut2004 on onslaught.....but not link to eachother, link the dmg, the dmg multiplies for every person within its range.

This would make this weapon pretty scary and would make AoE so much more useful in op wars.

15 ppl waiting next to a ppu and a doomie shot comes at them, they all get hurt badly...yes it would probably make the gun overpowered in certain cases but thats where common sense comes into it....u would need to adjust not to stand together if there is a doom beamer tank outside.

Anyway wot do u think? atm my doomie comes in handy for lvl'ing my alt tanks con:rolleyes: and filling up my gogu :rolleyes:

Lafiel
10-03-04, 15:27
no thx id rather not have an op war spread accross 50 zones

WebShock
10-03-04, 15:29
i agree,

a dooms day weapon with the highest TL and it does damage comparable to a artifact non rare weapon

O_o

Doomie needs some love kk

Originally posted by Lafiel
no thx id rather not have an op war spread accross 50 zones

eh? what u talkin about?

I want another rare with comparable if not better damage than a moonstriker.

right now the doombeamer is crap. inaccurate and does really terrible damage.

alig
10-03-04, 15:29
Oh silly me...i forgot doom beamer aoe range was that big:rolleyes:

.Cyl0n
10-03-04, 15:32
good idea :)

and ut2k4 rocks :D

Candaman
10-03-04, 15:34
or just increase dmg

Psyco Groupie
10-03-04, 15:34
male and doom need dmg upping .. as for the doom having bad aim ? wtf ...

WebShock
10-03-04, 15:36
fire a doombeamer, at long range you seldom hit a direct hit. the place where the ray ball will hit is random. its way worse with rockets. its the same for all long range tank weapons except the ravager

Strych9
10-03-04, 15:40
Dont compare the Moonie and Doomie accuracy.

My doombeamer might as well be a sniper rifle. Sure it will be a LITTLE off at ranges = the clipping plane. But anything less than that it goes where I want it to go.

alig
10-03-04, 15:40
Personally i dont think the moonie should have bad aiming so why it does i dont know.....a rocket launcher in real life has to be so accurate its unbelievable...u cant have a chopper or jet fighter firing rockets that decide to go awol near civilians :P but this aint real life so that wouldnt happen.

Original monk
10-03-04, 15:47
Originally posted by alig
Anyway wot do u think? atm my doomie comes in handy for lvl'ing my alt tanks con:rolleyes: and filling up my gogu :rolleyes:

ya mean it comes in handy when you are leveling on mobs and sumtimes ya accidentaly get hit by the doombeamer and by this ya gain a bit con xp right ?

Strych9
10-03-04, 15:47
Oh I agree... the moonie should be more accurate. I would even say lower the damage to get it inline with the mal and doomie, and then make the rockets homing.

I dont mind the doomie too much right now. It does a TAD less damage than the malediction, but the TL is higher so its better for levelling.

Considering its main attack type is energy, I am not sure it will ever be TOO useful in PvP.

Argent
10-03-04, 15:56
1) It's copied idea

2) It's stupid idea when you think think what kinds of guns there are in the world of Neo

3) It would be ver hard to made work with 'Cron engine

alig
10-03-04, 15:58
Originally posted by Original monk
ya mean it comes in handy when you are leveling on mobs and sumtimes ya accidentaly get hit by the doombeamer and by this ya gain a bit con xp right ?

As i heard they made that an exploit, yeah:lol:

Stigmata
10-03-04, 16:04
yea doomie is useless, but we have other weapons atm that are fun.

and WTF it is an exploit to shoot yourself in your apt to levl CON, who ever decided that is a fucking moron..........then again inline with other current policies

MrChumble
10-03-04, 16:49
I'd never shoot myself to level my con. I do however need to shoot myself to...er...test my resist setup. :D

The doomie shouldn't be crap. Hopefully with TL based damage it will be sorted.

t0tt3
10-03-04, 19:56
Personally i dont think the moonie should have bad aiming so why it does i dont know.....a rocket launcher in real life has to be so accurate its unbelievable...u cant have a chopper or jet fighter firing rockets that decide to go awol near civilians :P but this aint real life so that wouldnt happen.

OMG join the fucking force dude =P
Thats a freaking stinger with laser aim and shit and no a moonie doesnt have that. Well a M/86 just shoots one shot and then you need to throw it...

http://images.tradera.com/507/4574507_1.jpg

You have an other weapon GRG you need a shooter and a reloader and it weights shit loads :p

http://medlem.spray.se/sniperteam/skjutning.grg.alm1.jpg

Still not not 100% flawless these are basics. Ok seen Bofors came out with a rotob aiming shit which the US only could have afford =) Still that moonie are just fine and you shouldnt hit a moving target over a range of 10 m/s or what it is so keep the moonie as it is ;)

dr.fish
10-03-04, 20:03
i use doombeamer to raise my rank before i got afk in plaza :P

Apart from that i dont use it, and for lvling con i use moonie it's much better.

cRazy2003
10-03-04, 20:22
atm my doomie comes in handy for lvl'ing my alt tanks con

EXPLOIT!

extract
10-03-04, 22:29
while youre at it, maybe try to make the punisher actually punish.....

Strych9
10-03-04, 22:38
Originally posted by extract
while youre at it, maybe try to make the punisher actually punish..... It punishes roaches.

alig
10-03-04, 22:55
Exploit or not, my tank is 91 con/ 95 str now :D....i only heard someone i dont like in-game say it on local that kk made it an exploit, none the less i dont trust my enemies as far as i could throw them so im speculating :p