PDA

View Full Version : My first tank setup - your opinions

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 12:44
Hi everybody :)
I made this just 5 minutes ago and I'd like your opinions. I can't test this in game yet cause my tank is nowhere near capped, but at least I have something to aim for now.
So, if people who have played tanks a lot could tell me where this could be improved that'd be great.
I used implants that I will most likely be getting (so no MC5 for me:(). One thing I'm not too sure of is if 21 psi pool is enough and if the powerarmor and other armor I'm wearing is right cause neocron.ems.ru seems out of date...

http://users.skynet.be/pamperke/Setup_1.JPG

.Cyl0n
10-03-04, 12:45
the picture link is broken

lol ;P
yea damn work.. nothing to do but whoring the forum :(

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 12:46
and you're too fast for me...
we'll have to wait a bit cause I only just uploaded it :s

/edit: working now, the .JPG was in caps and didn't know it'd be case sensitive

.Cyl0n
10-03-04, 12:52
you need ALOT more ath... id switch the bq chest for an xraychest too.. there are stam boosters :)

then hmmm try switching dura pants to inqui 4 pants and dura boots...i THINK it should give you more resist... ( not sure tho cause i didnt logg in since 4 weeks )

str , dex , int is okay... cant remember psi

and tune the con :)

Sci-B0rg
10-03-04, 12:54
Looks nice for a HC tank, then again i never mastered those (or any other class for that matter).

Few remarks:
- 38 athletics ?! Youre moving on roach speed right ?
- 36 force resist seems a lil low, maybe the armor makes it up; maybe not.
- 19 transport is defintely too low, you wont be able to carry 2 weapons and enough ammo for both.

Candaman
10-03-04, 12:57
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
you need ALOT more ath... id switch the bq chest for an xraychest too.. there are stam boosters :)

then hmmm try switching dura pants to inqui 4 pants and dura boots...i THINK it should give you more resist... ( not sure tho cause i didnt logg in since 4 weeks )

str , dex , int is okay... cant remember psi

and tune the con :)

Cy will test it for u when he comes and MAKES A CHAR ON JUPI!!!!!!!!!!!

Nightbrother
10-03-04, 12:58
I agree, you need much more force resist, since force resist is also piercing resist, and many weapons deal out either force or piercing also. I think you can sacrifice a bit of HC to get up to at least 70 force res. or so? :)

.Cyl0n
10-03-04, 12:59
Originally posted by Candaman
Cy will test it for u when he comes and MAKES A CHAR ON JUPI!!!!!!!!!!!

lol :)
if i could only login ... :(
maybe i manage to get to my pc this weekend *hopes*

but one thing for sure.. LEAVE THE STR LIKE THAT
fuck pierce and force.. you got enough resist against that.. you need the % aim and the freq on cs ;)
trust me
and you`ll still have like 100 - 120 max load when you`re str capped ( with herc.. dunno without but cant be that much diff )

/€ omg sexy bruce <3

Bruce
10-03-04, 12:59
Hm 89 t-c for what?:)

If you want to go dommie just use h-c buff 1 for 4 points in t-c.

You really want to drive? you can run quicker than most drive:o

MORE ath MORE i dont know bout 75 at least.

Not quite sure but you should get better dmg on your heal with 31 ppu and 10 ppw, but not sure here.

Dont skill tra i totally disagree, with capped str you will have enough load to carry the most important pvp stuff with enough ammo for a while even without the herc bonus.

Just my 2 cents:D

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 13:00
HM, ok, more athletics, point taken :)

I think armor makes up for force and piercing, and when I was looking for info about this people said all in h-c several times so I figured you don't need any transport or force resist

ZoomZoom
10-03-04, 13:00
tanks dont need resiest force they get em from there armour and implants and a thing about the setup u need much more atl :p

INFERNO22
10-03-04, 13:01
well you Have PA on with takes your athletics down to 38 withs your athletics "soft" caps at 70 so my advice if your going to wear PA is to get 95 athletics witch wil = 70 ath with Pa 3 on

u need to update your skill manager with the new armour updates

dont use heavy inq boots use heavy Dur boots and wear Inq 4 pants and helmet use experimental Leg and foot insead of anti gamma cos you will need the athlets and agility given by them

When OR if you get a HERC chip stick that in and you'l get better resist force and HC it whould give you more Health so u could lomm that away so you get lik 419 - 425 in health pool:angel:

(95 ath with the imps i said not 95 base)

Thats what i think will help you

Nightbrother
10-03-04, 13:05
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
tanks dont need resiest force they get em from there armour and implants and a thing about the setup u need much more atl :p

Just looked at neocron.ems.ru and I have to agree with you now. With 100 in armor in piercing and force, and the 36 he has specced in res force will bring him to absorb about 73% of all piercing/force damage, the cap being 76%.

Benjie
10-03-04, 13:09
Use an Experimental Leg, not an Antigamma leg.

Period.

+15 Athetics beba!

Sleawer
10-03-04, 13:10
Way too many energy, way too little poison.
Way too little AGL, way too little ATL.
Way too little HTL.

I disagree also with the armour-implant config; no moveon, no dura boots, too many duranium imbalances it...

Benjie
10-03-04, 13:10
Originally posted by Sleawer
Way too many energy, way too little poison.
Way too little AGL, way too little ATL.
Way too little HTL.
way too many way beba yeah!

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 13:11
ok, I'm changing stuff as we speak

Q: Can I naturally wear PA-3 or do I have to drug for it (or need a Herc)?

Sleawer
10-03-04, 13:12
What's that suppossed to mean?

/edit: drug for it to put it on if the advantage is great.

SynC_187
10-03-04, 13:12
Not sure about your resists. I take less damage on a PE.

GT_Rince
10-03-04, 13:13
Yeah - ATH is waaay too low.

Also, you need to spec for a lot more FOR. You need to hit 114 with implants. And ignore those peeps that say "Oh, but you get loads of FOR with the armor"... That is only part of the way the resists work.

I would also say spec for a Filter Heart 2 and start saving :D

There are a few other changes I would make to CON but afraid I have to keep those quiet :D

Nightbrother
10-03-04, 13:13
Originally posted by Sleawer
What's that suppossed to mean?

/edit: drug for it to put it on if the advantage is great.

Shush, be quiet. Come this way.... I think Benjie is smoking funny stuff again. Let's just get away before he sees us.

Psyco Groupie
10-03-04, 13:17
Putting any points in FOR as a hc tank is a lil dumb ...

Use exp leg and make a less gimped armor / con setup

Nightbrother
10-03-04, 13:19
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Putting any points in FOR as a hc tank is a lil dumb ...

Use exp leg and make a less gimped armor / con setup

Hmmm, why is that? Wouldn't it be nice to have as much defence against force/piercing as possible? The armor itself doesn't give maximum possible defence.

Sleawer
10-03-04, 13:20
Actually you only need 200 armor resists to cap resists, so if you get 99 force from armor, with 102 in natural resists you cap it.

Personally I wouldn't drop any point into force resist aside implants, the difference is so little to take into account. That's my opinion tho...

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 13:26
:edit: nevermind it won't work

CR@SH
10-03-04, 13:30
Ok where to start.

More athletics, i would get at least 70 with pa3 on.

More fire resist, consider getting more fire resist if you can try and keep fire and xray relative to each other and have your energy resists lower than both.

Dump the berzerk 3 for a better chip. If you don't plan on using the herc that is fine but don't use a chip that won't benefit you. Zerk does nothing for a HC tank except boost strenght. Instead experiment around and find a better chip. With the setup im currently using i have to pop a beast to put on my pa3 but once its on it self sustains.

Don't put any points into transport or resist force. Trust me you will have plenty of resist force from imps+ armor. And your transport will naturally rise as you gain strength levels and marines, move on, hardenbackbone, and herc all give transport bonuses.

Stick with all antigamma bones.

But the bottom line is find what works for you thats the weird thing with tanks some people can use a setup better than others.

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 13:51
second attempt....
comments please
I'm all new to this resists stuff so yah :p

http://users.skynet.be/pamperke/probeer.JPG

eLcHi
10-03-04, 14:10
That link doesnīt work ... neither does the first one for me :)

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 14:12
they seem to work for everybody else....and me...

Strych9
10-03-04, 15:21
You may want more manna, by lowering PPU and raising PPW.

My tanks all have enough mana to cast basic resist 1, deflector, heal, and melee/combat booster 1 one right after the other without stopping. Comes in handy not having to wait around for mana to regen.

Psyco Groupie
10-03-04, 15:23
use exp leg for 15 atl fool

@tankn00b

HC tanks need all there str in hc to get decent stats on their guns

El Barto
10-03-04, 15:24
More ath and fire resist I would say, also Sex @ the sexy cyl0n.

eLcHi
10-03-04, 15:24
Strange, now it works :rolleyes:

1) Too much HC ... but i guess thatīs personal preference :)

2) Not enough Runspeed ... personal preference again ;)
-> Sacrifice some XRR and put a Exp-Leg 3 in

3) Melee Experiencememory 3 ??? If you want more Weaponlore, use a Targetingcomputer 3 instead ... you have just enough dex for it (61) ... using that one frees up more points in TC and gives you more AGL :)

4) The most damage-type you usually get is Energy ... just think about it :)

naimex
10-03-04, 15:31
too little ppw
rearrange vhc to agl.

then i think ur fine.

alig
10-03-04, 15:36
Take about 10 xray of from con and put in poison....take gamma leg/foot, bq chest and replace with anti gamma chest, exp foot/leg and swap ur armour, to inq4 helmet, pa2 or 3 (i would use 2 myself) med belt inq4 pants and heavy dura boots, it works better and it would be good.....my tank has 80 poison, 105 xray, 95 energy and 92 fire with the same hp as u (i need herc tho to give me normal hp...like 500+:( ) and 60 atl:p

Sleawer
10-03-04, 15:53
Maybe that's just me, but with the ammount of natural x-ray resist he has, he may better still use anti-gamma leg/foot and take away some natural x-ray into ATL. It's not like he's going to be short in DEX points to put into AGL either...

Strych9
10-03-04, 16:06
HC tanks need all there str in hc to get decent stats on their guns They need all there str in HC if they want to obsess over each percentage point of aiming and rate of fire... but you can easily cap even Doomie damage with still have Str points in Resist Force and Transport. ;)

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 16:13
@tankn00b

yes? lol

ok, I'm not gonna change much to the second one.
What I will do is swap the gamma leg with an experimental one, use PA2, and mess around with the fire/energy/x-ray/poison resists to fit my own tastes.
I was gonna get rid of the meleexp chip already and swap it for a targetingcomputer, like you said

Also, I was changing my points in x-ray resist, and the the PVP damage % would go up, up, down to the first value again, and then start going up again. Is that some kind of bug in the skillmanager or what? :confused:
Anyway, it allowed me to put a little more in ath and psr so that's good I guess :)

dr.fish
10-03-04, 16:40
take off some energy and fire and spec some poison, health and ath

Cliffraiser
10-03-04, 17:35
ur con setup scares me :P

the rest is ok i guess

Dribble Joy
10-03-04, 17:47
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
second attempt....
comments please
I'm all new to this resists stuff so yah :p

http://users.skynet.be/pamperke/probeer.JPG

hmmm

Swap the melee 3 for either a targeting 3 or a adv movement 3.

Despite what some have said in this thread, swapping the gamma leg for the exp might not be a great idea.
As with all setups, think about point efficiency of implants, how many points will you gain or loose by swapping on imp for another?

Energy needs to come up, at least 160, xray/fire can come down to about 140 ish probably, wack more into poison and most importantly htl, my PE has as much hp as you do, get at least 500+.
65 atl/103agl is enough, could be higher though. (adv. movement3 is good here.)

Stigmata
10-03-04, 17:54
http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/3-Low%20tech%20hybrid%20tank.JPG

this a setup i made for a low tech hybrid tank, the con could give u a few pointers.

this buffed by a PPU as i would be in an OP war.

P4mp3rk3
10-03-04, 18:53
Thanks to all who contributed, much appreciated. :)

dr.fish
10-03-04, 20:00
@ stigmata, if u do a setup for PPU buff then why go all the way to 130 xray???????

Invertigo
10-03-04, 20:32
dont listen to newbies...

you want all str points into heavy combat....NONE in resists force

you want ZERO points in endurance and transport...you can more than make up for these with implants...

i cant actually see the pic right now...but from reading what others have said i can get the idea...

dont wear PA BTW with only 38 ath, it shouldnt be THAT bad if you put like 111 points into agility....

dr.fish
10-03-04, 20:57
i got same as invertigo

No FOR, END and Transport

Stigmata
10-03-04, 21:11
Originally posted by dr.fish
@ stigmata, if u do a setup for PPU buff then why go all the way to 130 xray???????

becuase this char may not have ppu buffs all the time.

i was speccing for solo but uploaded the pic for when buffed and the original is at work.

Originally posted by Invertigo
dont listen to newbies...

you want all str points into heavy combat....NONE in resists force

you want ZERO points in endurance and transport...you can more than make up for these with implants...

i cant actually see the pic right now...but from reading what others have said i can get the idea...

dont wear PA BTW with only 38 ath, it shouldnt be THAT bad if you put like 111 points into agility....

perhaps you should take a look before posting nib, he has 3 points which are the excess.

zero in endurance gives you 30 end, which equates to about maybe 80, which is 6 shots of CS running. personally i put 30 - 35 points in endurance, especially becuase they cost only 1 point each instead of 3 for a high end resist.

38 ATH is insanely low, even with 120 agility.

i would say test your own setup and do what you feel is best for yourself, i feel my con setup is about as good as it gets, but someone will always try to poke holes in any con setup.

Originally posted by dr.fish
i got same as invertigo

No FOR, END and Transport

and you have admitted to not being very good with your tank, speaks volumes

P4mp3rk3
11-03-04, 15:14
ok, here's the updated one
I will have to sort the t-c out though cause I don't have enough :p (no biggie though)

http://users.skynet.be/pamperke/tank_noppu2.jpg

j0rz
11-03-04, 16:17
One day ill post my setup on here so u can see why im so fast but until that day that setup needs a hella lot of work :P coz it wont work in the real world

P4mp3rk3
11-03-04, 17:06
Originally posted by j0rz
but until that day that setup needs a hella lot of work :P coz it wont work in the real world

Are you talking about my setup or the one where you are so fast?
if it's about mine, please give some hints where it needs improving, danke