PDA

View Full Version : Apu Random Damage

IceHawk2684
10-03-04, 07:50
just a question popping into my mind, on my APU i cap all the typical spells available for an APU what im interested in knowing is... since the damage is "random" why even bother capping spells? o.0? Im really wondering if i even should bother capping them and lom some APU off and slam it on PPW

ino
10-03-04, 07:58
Well PPW gives you dmg% on spells aswell and higher rank. But obviously apu is the skill to dump in to get more impact on the dmg.

About if there is a reason to cap No idea I dont know the lowest and highest dmg number of a hl when someone has 500% instead of 648.

Shadow Dancer
10-03-04, 08:02
Because you want to do 80 + X or - X damage instead of 40 + X or - X damage.

:p

sanityislost
10-03-04, 08:26
*looks at shadow dancer's sig* Ahhhhh so thats where cocain comes from

IceHawk2684
10-03-04, 08:33
im not so sure anyone outside of KK could explain exactly how it works but form the looks of it if its a guessing game of luck whats the point of capping a spell for damage? Im better off just slamming more PPW and getting a resistor n shit taking of an imp.

Ill have to do some testing on test server to see... but i dun think spell capping really matters... atleast i don't notice the damage increase or decrease its just all a game of luck. And if so, whats the point of even bothering?

Shadow Dancer
10-03-04, 08:37
Dude it matter dude. I've been an apu since forever. Trust me.

If it didn't matter, I wouldn't wear PA to cap HL. Trust me, you'll see a huge difference in damage between a capped HL and a HL with 480%.

LVirus
10-03-04, 08:47
You silly people :rolleyes:

You really think that APU got random damage (Talking here about PvM, yes?) ? It's really not so random. Go to mob with your friend - shoot that mob - ask your friend what damage you did it in EACH blast you made. Now, you might hear a single number. Don't be shocked but it's true. Its your CLIENTSIDE random damage, not really serverside random damage. Sucks, eh?

ZoomZoom
10-03-04, 11:54
but wots the point really??
same with melee too :rolleyes:

Sleawer
10-03-04, 12:53
We already discussed that, and no it is random serverside aswell, melee has the same feature, your damage is random but others see it as constant.

Test it on the same mob two times, low health mob if possible, and notice the difference of shots needed to kill the mob when your random damage is high and when it is low.

johngreen2000
10-03-04, 16:35
the reason to cap

say your at 200% and your average damage is 40 with a spread of 20 you got 20-60 damage. Now oyu cap it and your average is 80 with the same spread 20, you get 60-100 damage. Your mininum when cap could be the max when not capped. Atleast thats how i understand it to work.

Argent
10-03-04, 16:38
Originally posted by LVirus

You really think that APU got random damage (Talking here about PvM, yes?) ? It's really not so random. Go to mob with your friend - shoot that mob - ask your friend what damage you did it in EACH blast you made. Now, you might hear a single number. Don't be shocked but it's true. Its your CLIENTSIDE random damage, not really serverside random damage. Sucks, eh?

You are so out of the loop.

It's officially random and that's it.

Original monk
10-03-04, 17:37
Originally posted by LVirus

lots of things change in the months that you are away lvirus :) go do some homework :)

edit: howcome that ya didnt fitted in a "pluto is better then others" piece in this thread ? weird

Spoon
10-03-04, 18:25
Also, capping Damage(or pumping up APU) also raises the RoF and Range, don't it?

LVirus
11-03-04, 09:08
Originally posted by Original monk
lots of things change in the months that you are away lvirus :) go do some homework :)

edit: howcome that ya didnt fitted in a "pluto is better then others" piece in this thread ? weird

It has? Oh, that figures why I can kill aggie captains sometimes with 2 blasts and sometimes 3 blasts ..

Oh hus now, everyone already *KNOWNS* Pluto>all ;)

THE_TICK!!!!
11-03-04, 09:17
well folks to be honest..in my OPINION o_O YES capping spells DOES matter..when you cap your dam on HL..your damage may vary but NOT AS MUCH..and your high end is of course higher. so yes capping DOES matter..and as far as PVM. i always get same damage on low level monsters..IE..2 hits for aggie cap..so on so forth :P w00t i LOVE my APU..peace folks... oh...and where is pluto?

[CiX]Brad
11-03-04, 09:27
I think Pluto is the one who comes above everything mate.

I have an APU, you know they nerfed the hybrid penalty and increased the APU required on spells and stuff? That pisses me off, I didnt know about this till I went to get myself a Holy Engery Halo, I have 95 APU and enough PSI to use the Halo, but its gonna take me fucking ages to get the right APU level, I think the hybrids should be put back, make the APU spell requirments lower... :mad: