PDA

View Full Version : For attention of KK(lag threads merged)

ezza
10-03-04, 00:33
so we ever gonna get a fix for this?!?!?!

normally i dont mind it when im on my tank, but ive been playing my nooblet hybrid, and i notice it alot more when you have to cast psi mods all the time.

oh but wait THEY WONT FUCKING CAST!!!!!

press nothing happens
press nothing happens
casts fails
repeat until you log and post thread on forum:mad: :mad:

not normally one just to post bitching threads like this but its pissing me off more than ever all i want to do is level my monk but this game is making it impossible to do that

Inchenzo
10-03-04, 01:21
I'm with you on this, it's unbelievable how laggy the game has become this last few weeks on sunday,
i don't even bother to play on sunday. cos then it's the worst.

mdares
10-03-04, 01:35
yeah thats y i dunt play on peak hours anymore on my monks... its like it takes u a whole minute to cast a spell but by the time u cast it its too late :(

GT_Rince
10-03-04, 01:37
Ezza - I feel for ya bud, but can I just say...

http://www.ukastroimaging.co.uk/images/Image4.gif

:D

Come to the good server bud ;)

jernau
10-03-04, 01:48
It's been unspeakable for nearly two weeks now.

I'm becoming increasingly nervous about logging on at all as I'm sure sooner or later it's going to fail outright and shaft the DB AGAIN.

Playing off-peak doesn't seem to help much either which further increases my concerns that the POS DB is screwed AGAIN.

Come on KK - when is it going to be upgraded. It's killing this game.

Xian
10-03-04, 01:58
Yeah. When ezza killed my crap PE (thanks dude :p) I selected a genrep, only to stand up over my backpack and die again for no reason whatsoever. Eventually I had about 4 QBs lying on the floor. That's never, ever happened to me before and tonight was the only night where I had a lovely ping of 1000.

Eledhbrant
10-03-04, 02:02
I love it when primaries and shields dont stick because lag makes the server think you have them still on when you don't. o_O

LiL T
10-03-04, 02:19
OK pin yer fukin ears back this game is a POS!

Lag Lag Lag I have never seen such horrible shit in my life OMFG come on FFS fix it now!

Another thing that pisses me right off are the overpoweredness of faction gaurds in pepper park and all it takes is some moron to hit one. Then the guards spins around and kills me in 2.5 seconds WTF? yeah I log off in a huff like a kid but I come home from work to play this game I pay for. Every night its the same shit I have to log in 10 times sometimes to play and no one give me this shit uh my system run fine :mad:

FIX IT plz

Dribble Joy
10-03-04, 02:23
Hmmm, odd.
I seem to get 40-75 ping pretty much all the time, apart from when the server has it's monthly fuck up and has to be reset.

masterguyver
10-03-04, 02:29
welcome to neocron where slum lords treat there coustomers with more respect.

LiL T
10-03-04, 02:30
ok I was a bit mad when posting allmost to the point of taking a hammer to my computer. The lag on saturn today was really bad for me and it was crashing more than often I was getting spikes of 1400 ping somethings really wrong with saturn. I'm guessing that its the server thats causing all these horrible FRE's but I'm getting a bit worryed. Will it be fixed befor DOY? well if its not I guess this game will die thats a fact I won't leave but others just can't handle all these bugs. :(

Mattimeo
10-03-04, 02:30
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Hmmm, odd.
I seem to get 40-75 ping pretty much all the time, apart from when the server has it's monthly fuck up and has to be reset.

Lucky you. I'm averaging over 600, with spikes well over 1000 every few minutes on saturn

Egeon
10-03-04, 02:31
Saturn is has very bad lags. Maybe they just switched the servers with uranus 8|

jernau
10-03-04, 02:35
Originally posted by Egeon
Saturn is has very bad lags. Maybe they just switched the servers with uranus 8|

Bah, Saturn has been like this almost since day one.:( :mad:

Egeon
10-03-04, 02:56
Originally posted by jernau
Bah, Saturn has been like this almost since day one.:( :mad:
Then I missed something...
I only have this enormous lags, occasional high pings since the last few days. (and btw, it's not my connection!!!!11 ALL the ppl in the team/clan say at the SAME time "lag", "sync"! @KK).

Note: I didn't play too much over the past 2 weeks since the patch, so I can only comment on the past 3-4 days!

jernau
10-03-04, 02:57
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
I love it when primaries and shields dont stick because lag makes the server think you have them still on when you don't. o_O

I think my mate's PPU may have broken some kind of record tonight - >20 attemps to get a booster to stick to my APU. This was in a cave with a massive 2 people in it. It wouldn't be so bad but without a PSI3 my APU couldn't cast shit either due to lag so we just had to stand their like lemons for 5 minutes fumble-casting.

Mattimeo
10-03-04, 03:05
I started a tank a few days ago, just to play around with it... it's really fun when you're holding down the button waiting for the grenade to throw from the launcher when the ammo goes from 6 to empty in a quater of a second and you're a burning corpse...

jernau
10-03-04, 03:23
Originally posted by Egeon
Then I missed something...
I only have this enormous lags, occasional high pings since the last few days. (and btw, it's not my connection!!!!11 ALL the ppl in the team/clan say at the SAME time "lag", "sync"! @KK).

Note: I didn't play too much over the past 2 weeks since the patch, so I can only comment on the past 3-4 days!

Lag has been a lot worse the last week or two but Saturn always seems to get the worse of whatever crap is hitting the fans in KK's server rack.

Marx
10-03-04, 03:24
Originally posted by masterguyver
welcome to neocron where slum lords treat there coustomers with more respect.

Didn't you leave?

:rolleyes:

masterguyver
10-03-04, 03:31
Originally posted by Marx
Didn't you leave?

:rolleyes:

Any leave you with out my wisdom? no only my nice guy attatude. now i am a asshole to everyone now. :lol:

ezza
10-03-04, 03:33
Any leave you with out my wisdom? no only my nice guy attatude. now i am a asshole to everyone now. :lol: as long as we dont get your bullshit threads anymore i dont really care

masterguyver
10-03-04, 03:35
Originally posted by ezza
as long as we dont get your bullshit threads anymore i dont really care

just for that when i do make any "bullshit" threads I will personaly be thanking you for asking ne to post more.
:lol:

ezza
10-03-04, 03:36
just for that when i do make any "bullshit" threads I will personaly be thanking you for asking ne to post more.
:lol: then i look forward to spamming the shit out off every thread you make

Marx
10-03-04, 03:39
:lol:

Your quota for today is 5.

http://dirtynuke.net/images/journalridiculejpcount.jpg

5 magical threads, 5!

Gotterdammerung
10-03-04, 03:42
take it to pm's now and get off this thread with both your spamming

masterguyver, check your pm's

SypH
10-03-04, 03:51
Saturn has only gotten really bad recently for me. The lag has made playing pointless cause I can do next to sod all.

Generic
10-03-04, 04:02
Uhm, might be a kinda jack ass remark, but sometimes to solve a problem you might wanna look at the most obvious things :D

How bout checking the internet traffic on ur PC before loggin in ?
For instance, if you have other programs that use bandwith from your internet connection, NC will lag more .... kinda simple ..

However, if this is not the case, try scanning ur pc for spyware n crap like that

plz plz plz tell me that u dont play on a friggin 56k6 f*ck modem or sumthing .... ( u never know eh :D )
And if u have ADSL or sumthing the case may simply be that peeps in ur neighberhood are totally scooping ur bandtwith in which case u should prolly go smash their cars/houses/wifes/windows :p <-- just to suggest a few ...

If nothing above is relevant .... well gl to ya, i have no friggin clue :p

ZoneVortex
10-03-04, 04:12
no it's really just that sometimes these servers lag, ESPECIALLY SATURN, to an unplayable ping

maybe not to you lucky lil folks over in Europe, but where I live in the US my average ping is 250-300 on a good day, 500-700 on a sorta bad day, and 1500 when it's laggy

700 ping is unplayable for your guns don't come out, you can't reload, and the such....and i get that much frequently on saturn being over here in the US. Don't just say it's me either, cause everyone else in my area gets that much ping too, it's simply that we live in the farthest possible location from Germany, hence get the shittiest believable pings

jernau
10-03-04, 04:14
Originally posted by Generic
Uhm, might be a kinda jack ass remark, but sometimes to solve a problem you might wanna look at the most obvious things :D

How bout checking the internet traffic on ur PC before loggin in ?
For instance, if you have other programs that use bandwith from your internet connection, NC will lag more .... kinda simple ..

However, if this is not the case, try scanning ur pc for spyware n crap like that

plz plz plz tell me that u dont play on a friggin 56k6 f*ck modem or sumthing .... ( u never know eh :D )
And if u have ADSL or sumthing the case may simply be that peeps in ur neighberhood are totally scooping ur bandtwith in which case u should prolly go smash their cars/houses/wifes/windows :p <-- just to suggest a few ...

If nothing above is relevant .... well gl to ya, i have no friggin clue :p

All good points if it weren't for the fact it's hapening to every single person on Saturn at the same time.

deac
10-03-04, 09:37
Dont think ping has anything to do with it.. I can be standing there with a ping of 75 and clicking my freaking shelter like mad and it just wont fucking cast.... then you die.... FUN.

Its one of the top 3 bugs right now for me... god i hate it.

Selendor
10-03-04, 12:02
Its true, Sundays are really bad on Saturn, consistently so for the last 4 months or so.

I'm very disappointed that we don't get any statement on the weekly threads that are posted about this issue. The mods and gms must be aware of it because the merge this kind of thing weekly, and yet, still, nothing is said.

To the people that support this game, why is this happening? Do you even know? And what will you do about it?

Sometimes I think that KK are pinning all their hopes and work on DoY and are just doing the bare minimum to keep the current low server populations playing. MySQL? Level3? Shite really, but we're not in a position to demand any better, and their silence speaks volumes. :mad:

hinch
10-03-04, 12:18
then you appreciate the skill the OLD hybrids had when you realise they did the role of apu and ppu and contended with much worse lag than we have now a days but besides the point

you cant help lag its just the net being shite not without having an nc server in each country

ezza
10-03-04, 13:10
Originally posted by hinch
then you appreciate the skill the OLD hybrids had when you realise they did the role of apu and ppu and contended with much worse lag than we have now a days but besides the point

you cant help lag its just the net being shite not without having an nc server in each country ya i was hybrid back then as well, but i dunno, apart from the odd time i didnt have any problems with casting.

but yesterday was pathetic, i had to log my hybrid off or i would get killed.

lommed my tank instead, about as fun as trying to cast in the lag

El_MUERkO
10-03-04, 13:20
The spell problem has been in the game for over a month now, my PE on pluto gets it all the time and its not related to my ping from ctrl+f that I can see.

I press the button and nothign happens for up too 4 seconds, repeated pressing or the holding down of the button doesnt seem to effect the speed.

Now when your at half health and being attacked this isnt a good thing but like I said it doesnt seem to be related to lag cause I've been doing it everywhere.

My APU has also had this problem and it intensifies if I move him to much, you have to understnad I'm not talking about fizzle, I dont lose mana cause the spell isnt casting then it just does.

I'd also like to point out when it casts it doesnt cast fast, if anyone has been in a laggy OP war they might notice a cast taking overly long then when your client catches up you get a succession of fast casts one after the other which convinces me even more its not lag.

Egeon
10-03-04, 13:51
Originally posted by hinch
you cant help lag its just the net being shite not without having an nc server in each country
Strange. I live at a ~700km distance to the server and have a ping of ~ 69-85 and I still get massive lags (ping issues up to 3000+) at the same time when ppl from usa/uk/whereever get them. Kinda strange I think :rolleyes:

LiL T
10-03-04, 14:58
You know if they fixed the problem with spells not casting it would not be that bad. But at the moment I can get really worked up when I'm trying to get s/d to cast so I can continue to fight :(

MisterP
10-03-04, 15:39
Cant login into Saturn at all....this is what I get

http://www.btinternet.com/~potts4749/potts4749/shot0002.jpg

MisterP
10-03-04, 15:39
Double post :angel:

Thanatos
10-03-04, 15:56
We are currently working on this issue. We will probably have to take Saturn offline for a bit.

I'll post again when I know more.

DigestiveBiscui
10-03-04, 16:24
The Server Saturn will be taken down for maintenance in 15 minutes (2.30 PM GMT). The downtime should not last longer then an hour.

thanatos = win

DigestiveBiscui
10-03-04, 16:26
Originally posted by MisterP
Cant login into Saturn at all....this is what I get

http://www.btinternet.com/~potts4749/potts4749/shot0002.jpg

i get that 5 times before i can log on properly on every fucking server. shitty atm

Argent
10-03-04, 16:29
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
thanatos = win

Well it would have been better it this had been done 2 days ago when it really started.....

DigestiveBiscui
10-03-04, 16:32
i've had a serious problem on several servers for the past few months

i get like the pic above - for about 5 retries when i finally log on - sometmies when i log on i have no weps - no SL and cash, empty gogo etc

i dont play as much for the fact of KK servers are fucked - yet only a few people have the same problem as me so they tend to ignore it

dr.fish
10-03-04, 16:34
they rebooting now...

Thanatos
10-03-04, 17:14
Saturn is back up now and the problem has been fixed.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.