PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Porto (Football)

Sanch0s
09-03-04, 23:42
Porto were lucky from a neutral point of view, and you know theyre gonna be moaning about scholes disallowed goal. Man Utd should have won.

Kal
09-03-04, 23:46
i hate football

Possessed
09-03-04, 23:48
Originally posted by Kal
i hate football

I agree, rugby > football.

[/troll mode]

Shujin
09-03-04, 23:48
yes.. soccer sux ;P

Sanch0s
09-03-04, 23:51
Ok then

Hahahahahaha england lost some world champions hahahahaha Ireland>England ahahahahaha.

I like rugby too, i like football and cricket and ice hockey, and american football is fun too though rather hard to full understand. Baseball films look good too but i dont even remotely understand that. Dont hate, just enjoy.

Kal
09-03-04, 23:52
ice hockey is teh win
as is inline hockey

Super Mario
09-03-04, 23:52
Damn right man utd should have won those cheating mofo's should have been actors instead of football players and as you could see they can do there own stunts :mad: well no point in moaning i suppose i mean man utd should have won but thats football for ya!!! ALSO why the hell cant football have a referee that can actually do his job properly not to mention the linesman oh well now they have to concentreat on the FA cup and leauge . I better stop here before i start saying things i might regret:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sanch0s
09-03-04, 23:55
Yeah, i hate refs like that, they ruin the game by stopping it, like look at scholses booking, it was a 50/50 challenge and they both went for it, surely if scholes got booked so should the porto player. Its ****** cos i was waiting for the next round to see Roy Keane kicking some ass again, hopefully stamp on some more players :)
Ronaldo player well though huh?

Psyco Groupie
09-03-04, 23:56
Originally posted by Kal
i hate football

football is getting dire from a spec POV

rugby is still best to watch/play imo .. even if england fucked up last weekend :(

Super Mario
09-03-04, 23:57
yes ronaldo should have been man of the match :D But seriously what was with the ref telling him to get up as he was faking it and then him being carted off the field 8|

Scikar
10-03-04, 00:00
My dad reckons Seth Blatt (how is that spelt exactly?) has told FIFA, UEFA and the FA that Man Utd aren't allowed to win anything this year on account of Ferdinand. :p

The refereeing was frankly disgusting. I don't mind if a ref is lenient or strict, as long as he's consistent and fair. That ref reckoned Ronaldo dived when he had to go off on a stretcher, believed Wes Brown wasn't tripped in the last minute, decided that if a Porto player stands between Van Nistelrooy and the ball and stops him so another Porto player can get the ball isn't obstruction, and if you fall over next to Phil Neville it's an automatic free kick.

But then, what can you do?

Super Mario
10-03-04, 00:06
LMAO @ Scikar

Those were some good points but you have to admit the crowds chorus of the referees a W**K*R was 100% called for!! well i always thought the idea of showing a recording if the linesman was unsure was a good idea BUT fifa want contreversiol (i am bad at spelling) games because it makes people watch the game more (which i think is total BULLSHIT but what can we do about it :confused:

Sorontar
10-03-04, 00:16
Yes Man Utd should have won but we didn't.

They stopped Porto doing anything useful for most of the night and it should have been wrapped up by that second Scholes goal. How a professional referee can miss 3 players playing someone onside God only knows.

Bring in fucking video replays for fucks sake , how many times are teams going to be shafted by appalling adjudication ? What is it with FIFA that makes them SOOO retarded about this whole issue ?

Why did yet another referee buy into the ridiculous theatrics of the Porto side ? Its was sickening to see the beautiful game of football tarnished with such displays of blatant foul play. And in answer to why when Ronnie got hacked down the referee told him to stop acting it goes like this ......

Basically the referee knew Ronnie was Portuguese , and had had enough of Porto falling over the floor. As he didn't have the sense or balls to book any Porto players for the blatant diving he thought he'd do the next best thing and NOT give our Portuguese player a free kick when he got hacked down. Make sense ...?? NO DAMN RIGHT IT DOESN'T !!

Oh well life goes on , always next year , but it doesn't stop the pain now. Just thinking of all the Man City fans trying to think what they can post on the forum at work tomorrow is making me cringe. I'll probably end up sacked tomorrow for foul and abusive language .

Edit - Did anyone else think that it was kicking off in the background when Fergie was interviewed ?

Scikar
10-03-04, 00:18
City fans are no worry. Just remind them that they got no love on Valentine's day, and say your pet football is 28 years old. :D

Sorontar
10-03-04, 00:21
Cheers Scikar

Noted and readied for an early assault on the forum:D

Super Mario
10-03-04, 00:22
Well tbh with all the SHIT what went on in this game i think the best answer would be to play the match again from the point where the second goal was scored but that would never happen :(