PDA

View Full Version : Who Will win? Grim Persecutor vs 2 Warbot Titans

whifix
09-03-04, 22:57
I heard stories of monsters fighting each other in NC and would love to see match ups like this.

Kal
09-03-04, 23:01
percecutor all the way

Vid Gamer
09-03-04, 23:11
Grim would pwn them.

Cricket_Eater
09-03-04, 23:15
I got money on the percys.

naimex
09-03-04, 23:16
persie wins...

J. Folsom
09-03-04, 23:17
The Persecutor would definitely win, while it's alone and the warbots aren't. Persecutors attack more often, and attack everything within their range at the same time. And since mob HP grows exponentially as their rank raises, the persecutor can easily survive the occasional shots from the warbots.

Cruzbroker
09-03-04, 23:18
How about Decayed Horror/Brute VS Warbot Titan
( http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/neocron/war/shot0017.jpg )

Vid Gamer
09-03-04, 23:18
Originally posted by J. Folsom
The Persecutor would definitely win, while it's alone and the warbots aren't. Persecutors attack more often, and attack everything within their range at the same time. And since mob HP grows exponentially as their rank raises, the persecutor can easily survive the occasional shots from the warbots.

Thank you for your expert analysis. :p

Jest
09-03-04, 23:21
Pft. Not even any question. Grim Perc all the way.

whifix
09-03-04, 23:34
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
How about Decayed Horror/Brute VS Warbot Titan
( http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/neocron/war/shot0017.jpg )

lmao

Delloda
09-03-04, 23:35
the grim percs will spawm loads of baby percs and own the bots.

ino
09-03-04, 23:53
Hard to say how the wbt's will take fire dmg but I've seen one warbot titan own 2 hoverbombers or bots the 106/106 ones, and another time 2 wbt's and a warbot got really pissed at a gigant hoverbomber and hovereye's and normal hoverbombers they killed off everyone except the 120/120 one. Decayed horrors and brutes at the same time. I think the Titans would win.

Warbots are the coolest mobs, they are so damn grumpy and they are pretty badass vs other mobs

Psyco Groupie
09-03-04, 23:55
I managed to get the mc5 guards fighting once, now thats funny

ezza
09-03-04, 23:57
its funny when the mobs start fighting each other.

oh and its the grim all the way

i used to love the tsunami guards v copbots in pp1

or the BD v TS in PP2 they were funny

ino
10-03-04, 00:02
The thing is warbots seems to take less dmg than other mobs in a mob vs mob fight compared to their rank. a 120/120 bomber dont do that much dmg to a titan so if it is the same with fire then as I said the warbie could win :)

Organics
10-03-04, 00:03
That should happen more often IMO :)

Surely not all mobs get on with each other, cooler to see two fighting then maybe they put aside their differences when you enter the fray :D

Faction Guards vs Faction Guards would be cool too, but apart from BD and TS there aren't many/any others who are near to each other and in a anarchy/warzone are there?

Organics
10-03-04, 00:04
Originally posted by ino
The thing is warbots seems to take less dmg than other mobs in a mob vs mob fight compared to their rank. a 120/120 bomber dont do that much dmg to a titan so if it is the same with fire then as I said the warbie could win :)

Hovers don't seem to do much damage at all for some odd reason. Not long ago me and a couple of friends were out WBing, came across a 120/120 Hover and it barely touched us. I've had a Hover attack me several times as I've ran characters to Tech Haven, but they never seem to do much.

Jest
10-03-04, 00:04
Originally posted by ino
The thing is warbots seems to take less dmg than other mobs in a mob vs mob fight compared to their rank. a 120/120 bomber dont do that much dmg to a titan so if it is the same with fire then as I said the warbie could win :) Congratulations you are the first to vote for a warbot win out of 30 people haha.

SPIKE (pluto)
10-03-04, 00:05
Go warbots, slow him down and hope for the best:p

Scikar
10-03-04, 00:27
I was gonna vote for a draw since I would go in and kill the lot of them, but then I remembered since the *cough*thanks to PPUs*cough* high level mob boosts a Grim Percy would kill me, so I voted for the fire breathing, er... thing.

Sleawer
10-03-04, 00:30
Mob fights are cool, we could have some kind of battle-dome for mobs only. That way we could place bids and so hehe... anyway I think the percy wins, I'd pay to see that fight tho :p

ps: didn't know you were still playing lain.

-FN-
10-03-04, 00:58
One warbot pwns a 100/100 Decayed Horror and all his kids. I've also seen one warbot own a Decayed Horror AND Brute....

Warbots seem to take less damage, that is true...

and with the next patch resists on mobs, WBs prolly won't feel fire all that much....

Warbots :D

Psyco Groupie
10-03-04, 01:02
warbots have less hp than birmingham (this is a clever local type joke so dont wry if your lost)

wb will never win, unless its a horror and brute and they kill each other with 'stomps'

Omnituens
10-03-04, 01:08
I got money on the DoY bot 2 zones away.

Dirus
10-03-04, 03:31
Place your bets and I'll let you know tomorrow :p

Hippieman
10-03-04, 03:41
2 Warbot's would definatly whup a Grimmie Persey.

1 Warbot could probably solo that bag of hot air(I made a funneh)

jernau
10-03-04, 03:53

Not only that the Persecutor's range is much greater.

No doubt, the warbies have had it.

/edit - also WBs run away as soon as they get scratched.

/edit2 - LOL @ Lupus. No cheating by getting a GM to pretend to be a Warbot.:lol:

Clive tombstone
10-03-04, 04:06
OOO OOO DOY bot Vs Storm bot? Im stumped on that one

jernau
10-03-04, 04:24
Originally posted by Clive tombstone

That one's easy - STORMs kicked their asses.

At one point there were loads of them fighting up near Escador and the J5s were getting creamed.

NS_CHROME54
10-03-04, 05:32
i got my money on the warbots. while their ai isn't great, persecutors are just plain stupid. on several occasions of stood 20 meters away from them and blasted them with my speedgat till they died. they're idiotic. if you get too close to warbots, no matter your rank (unless you're a ppu or have one strapped to your testicle sack), you'll get owned.

i say titans.

Clive tombstone
10-03-04, 05:33
Ownd my ass, tell that to my assault trike :p

ino
10-03-04, 07:01
Yeah! go titans! atleast 11 ppl will be right :)

Sleawer yeah I still play, I have played on uranus for a while cause I cant stand the spells taking from 3 - 15 seconds to start working (on saturn). Didnt start my ppu to let stupid wierd lag kill a team and my self. And all the wierd other sync/lag bugs that has been going arround saturn for a loong time now.

Twitch
10-03-04, 07:07
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Archeus
10-03-04, 08:42
I saw a warbie hit a wolf one time, and it looked like every wolf in the zone came after it to kill it. must of been around 10-15 wolves attacking the warbie.

The warbie won but they almost killed it.

darknessfairy
10-03-04, 09:09
I say the..... percy. Gotta win. Why ? Because I said so.

:p

LVirus
10-03-04, 09:17
Technology beats magic hands down 10-0.

WARBIES!

Original monk
10-03-04, 10:21
ffcourse the firemob is gonna win and after that the firemob would call the warbot a petetic lamer for using freeze on em.

g0rt
10-03-04, 10:23
Originally posted by Twitch
[ edited ]

ahahahahaha nuff said right there

mobs are yawners

Dirus
11-03-04, 00:00
The Warbots were no match for the Grim.. All 4 times the Grim knocked both Titans down and still had around 1/4 to 1/2 health.. Even when I got rid of the Grim's 4 little friends he called in.

Originally posted by Omnituens
I got money on the DoY bot 2 zones away.

What happens when you drop 2 Titans a Grim Perc and a 2240 Defense Bot into one area?.. Omni knows :p

The little Bot was the last one standing.. The Warbots were the first ot fall, followed by the Grim.. which left the Defense Bot to clean up the Grims little sidekicks.. Tho, one more of those little guys when called in finished off the Defense Bot.

The Defense Bot's are not King tho.. It takes 4 of them to remove the Doom Harbinger from that spot :p

Disturbed021
11-03-04, 00:03
Originally posted by Lupus
The Warbots were no match for the Grim.. All 4 times the Grim knocked both Titans down and still had around 1/4 to 1/2 health.. Even when I got rid of the Grim's 4 little friends he called in.

I knew it! I had faith in the Grimmy all along (not that I was the only one...82% knew it too, nerf ne one?:p )
Thx Lupus for ending this debate :p

J. Folsom
11-03-04, 00:08
The Warbots were no match for the Grim.. All 4 times the Grim knocked both Titans down and still had around 1/4 to 1/2 health.. Even when I got rid of the Grim's 4 little friends he called in. Was this tested with the new resists as the test server has them, or with the current retail ones? I mean, I like being correct and all that, but that's just something I can't help wondering about.

Omnituens
11-03-04, 00:24
What happens when you drop 2 Titans a Grim Perc and a 2240 Defense Bot into one area?.. Omni knows :p

Omni sees all, Omni knows all.

Cough up the NC, punks :p

Dirus
11-03-04, 00:31
Was this tested with the new resists as the test server has them, or with the current retail ones? I mean, I like being correct and all that, but that's just something I can't help wondering about.

Test with both.

Sleawer
11-03-04, 00:43
Damn you should have hold an event for this, we could place our bets of who would win on you, and the winners get the reward :D

Can we ask for a mob dome? :p

-FN-
11-03-04, 00:53
Originally posted by Sleawer
Damn you should have hold an event for this, we could place our bets of who would win on you, and the winners get the reward :D

Can we ask for a mob dome? :p

That right there should get it's own thread with 50 stars :D

We need a place in NC where we can BET ON MOB FIGHTS!!!

And if the pet idea ever gets implemented... we can pit our own mobs against othere... o shit, isn't that like the pokemon thing o_O maybe that's not so cool.....

NAH, it is :D

borlegan
11-03-04, 01:08
Well I love WBs but have seen combats between decayed and brutes and WBs and the WBs lose :(

sw1tch
11-03-04, 01:12
Originally posted by -FN-

We need a place in NC where we can BET ON MOB FIGHTS!!!

Shame the Jailhouse's arena is too small, as its a betting place they could host an event there, maybe outside would be suitable with a GM spawned arena
*adds to an ongrowing list of possible events that I keep thinking of*

jernau
11-03-04, 03:19
Lupus
Quality Assurance and Mob Fights :cool:
Voluntary Helper, Neocron Team

I am so impressed you tested this. Let us watch next time though or at least get a few screenies.

Bl@zed
11-03-04, 04:06
always the insanely overpowered mob.
so persecutor of course.

Twitch
11-03-04, 04:11
The AI on both is terrible, I think it'd be way too boring and slow of a battle to really care.

And no im not "trolling"

LVirus
11-03-04, 08:50

Oh dear god no! Damn magic! Playing tricks with us techsawwies ;)

btw, Lupus it was YOUR fault I reactived my account and bought another one .. you lured me back to NC ;). Now your again vanished from MSN :(

Dirus
12-03-04, 00:10
Originally posted by jernau
I am so impressed you tested this. Let us watch next time though or at least get a few screenies.

Not possible. I don't have access to game online. So theres no way you'd be able to.

Originally posted by LVirus
Oh dear god no! Damn magic! Playing tricks with us techsawwies ;)

btw, Lupus it was YOUR fault I reactived my account and bought another one .. you lured me back to NC ;). Now your again vanished from MSN :(

welcome back :) asfor me not bein on MSN.. I'm only on for about an hr a day at most, and I don't always have access to it everyday.

Edit: The whole Gambling on Mob fights idea is not something that can be accomplished ingame. They required a little bit of Dev type intervention on my part ot get going. This was also the first and last one I'll do as I didn't clear it with KK, so I may end up in hotwater for it.

Forget My Name
12-03-04, 00:20

Edit: The whole Gambling on Mob fights idea is not something that can be accomplished ingame. They required a little bit of Dev type intervention on my part ot get going. This was also the first and last one I'll do as I didn't clear it with KK, so I may end up in hotwater for it.

What? Whatever.... If KK does bother you about having fun with your player base community, then fuck them all. But I have a feeling KK wont care. You are awesome, thank you.

tomparadox
12-03-04, 00:24
what about one of those 120/120 *** DOY guards that stand outside the entrense of DOY vs a STORM bot?

Dirus
12-03-04, 00:32
Originally posted by Forget My Name
What? Whatever.... If KK does bother you about having fun with your player base community, then fuck them all. But I have a feeling KK wont care. You are awesome, thank you.

If I had that attitude when it comes ot KK's policies as to what GM's can and can not do. I'd no longer be a GM. As such I won't do it again until KK says it's ok and I'm willing ot accept whatever consequences come with doing it in the first place.

Originally posted by tomparadox
what about one of those 120/120 *** DOY guards that stand outside the entrense of DOY vs a STORM bot?

That duel I know from past experience on the Test Server when they first were brought in Game. When stuck in the Cage at Jerikko the STORMS were no match for the Rayguns of the DoY Guards.

jernau
12-03-04, 02:00
Lupus you are, as they say in the vernacular, The Man.

I'm 100% certain if you did it again MJS would put a sneaky fiver on the favourite.

ino
12-03-04, 08:01
Cool that fire actually does decent dmg to the warbots, didnt think it would.

Shadow Dancer
12-03-04, 08:05
What? 120 raygun doy soldiers are stronger than storms?

o_O

ino
12-03-04, 08:10
I dont know for sure, but it feels like they hurt more than cops. I just wanted to test with my melee once and damn he fell in 1.001 burst and his con isnt that bad, maby it was a buggy try but it hurt like hell.

Iorghe
12-03-04, 09:44
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
STORM Bot... it has been tested ^^

in a 2 vs 2 match

what would a TH turret do with a DOY , that seems interesting :)

Dirus
12-03-04, 18:15
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What? 120 raygun doy soldiers are stronger than storms?

o_O

Only when the STORM can't put distance between them. Give the STORM room to move and the DoY gaurds can't compete.

evs
12-03-04, 18:25
gah i want others

rat vs snake

wee crab vs scorpion

endless possibilities!

Omnituens
12-03-04, 19:29
wee crab vs Grim Chaser

Glok
12-03-04, 19:33
Apparition vs chaos flame queen. 8|

Omnituens
12-03-04, 19:39
apparition would win i think

i know it has 18,200+ HP for a start

and hits like nothing else in game.

steweygrrr
12-03-04, 20:26
[for uranites] ITAK MAN vs a /2

[seriously] maybe a chaos queen vs a doomie of a leaper....that would be cool

Forget My Name
12-03-04, 20:30
The most untalked about, yet powerful Harbringers....

They own every mob and player in the game now.

SPIKE (pluto)
12-03-04, 21:13
Bah, we need a proper event to sort this one:p

Zanathos
12-03-04, 21:25
They should have stuff like this in the game!

Please PLEASE PLEASE get stuff like this added into the game!

Dirus
13-03-04, 01:50
The most untalked about, yet powerful Harbringers....

They own every mob and player in the game now.

It takes 4 N2240 Defense Bots at once to take down the Doom Harbinger. Any less at the same time and they're no match.

Glok
13-03-04, 02:03
It takes 4 N2240 Defense Bots at once to take down the Doom Harbinger. Any less at the same time and they're no match. 8|

Forget My Name
13-03-04, 02:09
Those Harbingers are the games top shelf mob. Only the elite among the experts dare fight them anymore. Barring clipping 'cheats' from the environment, Harbringers are just deadly....

Storyline alert.... Wouldn't Reeza try to control these monstrosities and use them against DOY? Seriously... These mutated Ceres ex soldiers rock this game.

Scikar
13-03-04, 02:11
I still hunt DHs. Just keep moving. :)

Dirus
13-03-04, 02:11
They'll get worse with the Mob resists in place. I made them as immune to their own damage as possible. To cut back on people using the enviroment and the mob's weapon to let it kill it's self.

.Cyl0n
13-03-04, 02:17
omg lupus we need things like that as events ingame :D
i`ll take all your bets then :)

and... sex :p

Glok
13-03-04, 02:32
Those Harbingers are the games top shelf mob. Only the elite among the experts dare fight them anymore. Barring clipping 'cheats' from the environment, Harbringers are just deadly....Didn't stop me from killing them as a melee PE. Dance around those fuckers and you never get hit. :p
They'll get worse with the Mob resists in place. I made them as immune to their own damage as possible. To cut back on people using the enviroment and the mob's weapon to let it kill it's self. Doh! Wouldn't have bothered me as a PE, but as a monk now... barrels. :D

steweygrrr
13-03-04, 13:19
Got to love teh drones ^^

Omnituens
13-03-04, 15:29
in an open space, apparition > DH (i think)

in an eclosed space though.....

xkorpio
13-03-04, 15:52
Originally posted by steweygrrr
[for uranites] ITAK MAN vs a /2

LoL, this is a classic one, in fact, the ITAK MAN would apparently win but /2 spawns some friends and the ocasional "paladin" that kicks ITAK's ass

:D

Dirus
13-03-04, 21:56
Originally posted by xkorpio
LoL, this is a classic one, in fact, the ITAK MAN would apparently win but /2 spawns some friends and the ocasional "paladin" that kicks ITAK's ass

:D

Keep that in-game.