PDA

View Full Version : Is the TG base a big Reactor joke?

whifix
09-03-04, 21:15
Gripe 1
So the entire zone is open to kill in but when you go up into your apartment it's a copbot watch zone? Why would a anti-city faction have copbots watching their apartments?

Gripe 2
Also fusion guards??? Every other faction has guards that can hit you through walls even but the TG guards have insanely low damage potential. The freq on the weapons sucks, the damage is crappy compared to all other guards and their aiming is a joke. If anything there should be fusion turrets or something so they wont actually run away or get stuck around corners from the enemy.

Gripe 3
Ok so they have a ASG right outside but they don't sell vehicle ammo?

Gripe 4
You can't buy medkits or stamina boosters?

Gripe 5
A faction HQ that you get low frames at?

msdong
09-03-04, 21:28
TG chose to do it the hard way. it is a little problem with medpack but i think you can have a sample to cone from every TG runner.
same goes with VHC.

the copbot thing in apps is a little odd but - who cares.

Al3X
09-03-04, 21:30
citymercs also have a copbot watched appartment :wtf:

Psyco Groupie
09-03-04, 21:32
I think TG is pretty cool ...

whifix
09-03-04, 21:35
Originally posted by msdong
TG chose to do it the hard way. it is a little problem with medpack but i think you can have a sample to cone from every TG runner.
same goes with VHC.

the copbot thing in apps is a little odd but - who cares.

What do you mean? Like role play wise they chose to do it the hard way? If that is true and thats built into the game then there is no point of being TG if their base can get raided so easily. If you had 5 guys who raid TG every day eventually the TG population would drop to almost nothing. At that point KK should remake the faction descriptions to say "This faction is against the city but have crappy defenses so they will eventually get wiped out. Chose another faction."

Sure you can clone those items but why should you have to? Every other faction has access to them.

-Edited-

The copbot thing isn't a big thing but just odd that it has never been changed. In most of the NC city you have safe zones you walk around in and apartments you can fight in. I think it's funny that TG is the exact opposite. I think most of neocron's bugs that are just accepted are hillarious.

Marx
09-03-04, 21:38
Originally posted by whifix
What do you mean? Like role play wise they chose to do it the hard way? If that is true and thats built into the game then there is no point of being TG if their base can get raided so easily. If you had 5 guys who raid TG every day eventually the TG population would drop to almost nothing. At that point KK should remake the faction descriptions to say "This faction is against the city but have crappy defenses so they will eventually get wiped out. Chose another faction."

Sure you can clone those items but why should you have to? Every other faction has access to them.

For a small group of 'terrorists', I'd say you TG folk should be happy with what you have.

g0rt
09-03-04, 21:40
Gripe 1
So the entire zone is open to kill in but when you go up into your apartment it's a copbot watch zone? Why would a anti-city faction have copbots watching their apartments?

Gripe 2
Also fusion guards??? Every other faction has guards that can hit you through walls even but the TG guards have insanely low damage potential. The freq on the weapons sucks, the damage is crappy compared to all other guards and their aiming is a joke. If anything there should be fusion turrets or something so they wont actually run away or get stuck around corners from the enemy.

Gripe 3
Ok so they have a ASG right outside but they don't sell vehicle ammo?

Gripe 4

Gripe 5
A faction HQ that you get low frames at?

Hahahha gripe #1 is gold, yeah wtf is with that, and how come certain pp apps are also copbot zones? And MB apps? Screwed up...

joran420
09-03-04, 21:42
no dotn put more guards or stronger guards...TG arent fuckin pansies like FA that need turrets to do their killin

Marx
09-03-04, 21:44
Originally posted by g0rt
Hahahha gripe #1 is gold, yeah wtf is with that, and how come certain pp apps are also copbot zones? And MB apps? Screwed up...

So as that way people will have a safe place to be in those sectors.

I mean, if you want to kill someone, just go outside the apartment, eh?

g0rt
09-03-04, 21:45
Originally posted by joran420
no dotn put more guards or stronger guards...TG arent fuckin pansies like FA that need turrets to do their killin

amen

FA are the laughing stock faction of this game now tbh, thier HQ is unraidable which makes them the biggest bunch of carebears ever.

who would want an unraidable faction HQ? must be boring as hell....prowling the streets of underground tech haven used to be fun knowning you could run into a fight at any time. now its a joke because it may as well be a safezone.

Originally posted by Marx
So as that way people will have a safe place to be in those sectors.

I mean, if you want to kill someone, just go outside the apartment, eh?

Yeah that makes sense theres copbots standing every single apartment at MB/TG? ROFL to make sure no one pulls a weapon.

Think before you speak!

Hayato
09-03-04, 21:45
be happy its a copbot watched zone or else people could find out your password and camp your APT thats why all areas that allow guns to be drawn have apts where u cant.

Marx
09-03-04, 21:47
Think before you speak!

I'm sorry that I don't whine and bitch over every trivial thing.

:rolleyes:

Who cares if its a 'copbot watched zone'? The point gets across that its a safezone.

BombShell
09-03-04, 21:50
hav u notice that safe zone appys dont hav cop watch. but non safe zone appys do hav copwatch. its for a player to be safe somewere :)

and that should be the only carebear thing around :)

g0rt
09-03-04, 21:51
I'm sorry that I don't whine and bitch over every trivial thing.

Who cares if its a 'copbot watched zone'? The point gets across that its a safezone.

TG canyon is supposed to be home of terrorists. Since when to terrorists need a safe place to hide? Give me a break...its stupid and if you think a copbot watch zone in teh middle of a terrorist camp is cool, you got screws loose.

Marx
09-03-04, 21:55
TG canyon is supposed to be home of terrorists. Since when to terrorists need a safe place to hide? Give me a break...its stupid and if you think a copbot watch zone in teh middle of a terrorist camp is cool, you got screws loose.

g0rt, seeing as most TG's run to Neocron... The entire purpose of TG apartments being safe is wasted. If TG was banned from the city properly, you'd have tradeskillers working in TG - ONOZ, PKAREDIZED!111.

Work out of their apartments.

Hell, look at Papilla's Twist on Pluto.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think that it actually is a copbot controlled zone. It's just a bit of text.

The simple fact is, its a safezone and thats the proper safezone message at the current.

g0rt
09-03-04, 21:58
g0rt, seeing as most TG's run to Neocron... The entire purpose of TG apartments being safe is wasted. If TG was banned from the city properly, you'd have tradeskillers working in TG - ONOZ, PKAREDIZED!111.

Work out of their apartments.

Hell, look at Papilla's Twist on Pluto.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think that it actually is a copbot controlled zone. It's just a bit of text.

The simple fact is, its a safezone and thats the proper safezone message at the current.

Again, if you think real terrorists need "safezones" you got screws loose, no matter what arguement you come up with.

When selecting to start as a TG, it says for experianced players only....so if you don't like it, don't start as TG. There shouldn't be safe zones anywhere in TH/MB/TG its stupid. You wanna do R&D, do it, and have bodyguards in case someone comes.

If you are chased, run to your app and go up. Whose to know your password anyway?

Marx
09-03-04, 22:01
Again, if you think real terrorists need "safezones" you got screws loose, no matter what arguement you come up with.

Sure, they don't need them.

Oh wait, not everyone lives up to the ingame standard of what a TG is. People would whine, cry, bitch, complain. Don't deny it, on most servers TG is the whiniest faction (because in most cases they're also the largest).

When selecting to start as a TG, it says for experianced players only....so if you don't like it, don't start as TG. There shouldn't be safe zones anywhere in TH/MB/TG its stupid. You wanna do R&D, do it, and have bodyguards in case someone comes.

I agree, but the FACT of the matter is, that's completely ignored and will always be.

In my opinion - you shouldn't even be able to start in an 'experienced player faction'.

If you are chased, run to your app and go up. Whose to know your password anyway?

Suprise Suprise: Most people use their name.

whifix
09-03-04, 22:09
Is it really the responsibility of the players to guard the faction headquarters? If so then you would need the majority of the server to reside in these factions talked about where you have crappy defenses. Truth be told most people dont like dealing with this crap and would rather play the game to fight for op's. And whats the point of fighting off raiders in TG if they have 3 ppu's and a couple of tanks? You're only going to beat them when you have enogh skilled players on. The other 90% of the day is up for grabs by whoever wants to raid.

Marx
09-03-04, 22:14
Is it really the responsibility of the players to guard the faction headquarters?

Yes.

If so then you would need the majority of the server to reside in these factions talked about where you have crappy defenses.

Most people don't like the idea of idling in an anarchy zone. Don't blame KK, blame your fellow players who lack testicular fortitude.

Truth be told most people dont like dealing with this crap and would rather play the game to fight for op's.

I think that would change if the english servers followed Jupiters example and had warzone drops. The difference between home defense and OP wars is the sense of loss. You lose nothing during OP's.

And whats the point of fighting off raiders in TG if they have 3 ppu's and a couple of tanks?

I always thought the idea was to defend your home and build a sense of pride in defending it.

But that's just me.

*shrug*

You're only going to beat them when you have enogh skilled players on. The other 90% of the day is up for grabs by whoever wants to raid.

Thats the way it is for OP's too - right?

Oh wait, in most cases you don't call on the whole faction...

•Super|\|ova•
09-03-04, 22:27
Originally posted by joran420

You must be talking about Saturn, right?

Anyways... about the TG HQ... you can't even enter the damn things so how could you know about your FPS while being in there? o_O

msdong
09-03-04, 22:32
What do you mean? Like role play wise they chose to do it the hard way?...
yes , in a roleplay kind of way. after all NC is still a MMORPG.
i think its much easyer to start a TG player them a City player.
the small comunity on the end of the world (and TG is the end of the world for a 0/3) accept you pretty fast as long as you dont act like a complete a**ho**.

one word to the guards. its ok that they have the fusion guns. they are real unique and that make them special. i would miss the yellow sparkeling balls. maybe they should be equiped with a (secondary)close combat weapon because the fusion rocks on large range.

whifix
09-03-04, 22:38
Yes.
[b]
Most people don't like the idea of idling in an anarchy zone. Don't blame KK, blame your fellow players who lack testicular fortitude.
[b]
I think that would change if the english servers followed Jupiters example and had warzone drops. The difference between home defense and OP wars is the sense of loss. You lose nothing during OP's.
[b]
I always thought the idea was to defend your home and build a sense of pride in defending it.

But that's just me.

*shrug*
[b]
Thats the way it is for OP's too - right?

Oh wait, in most cases you don't call on the whole faction...

What i meant was whats the point of deffending your HQ if there is no way to retaliate and attack someone elses? Sense of pride? That goes real quick if it is done over and over and no one is around to help you.

The way i figure it is Vett did change Saturn. The reason being is that alls it takes is a group of commited people to ruin the game by taking advantage of a weakness in the game. At that point people start to either change faction or quit the game out of frustration. People leaving results in fewer enemies for the other factions and possibly people leaving out of boredom.

GT_Rince
09-03-04, 22:39
Can't be arsed reading the rest, but can't you buy Meds and Stamina Boosters in extra room up Enter 1 (or whatever it's called...) ?

•Super|\|ova•
09-03-04, 22:40
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Can't be arsed reading the rest, but can't you buy Meds and Stamina Boosters in extra room up Enter 1 (or whatever it's called...) ?

It's called SEX!!! Umm... no wait... it's called papilla twist.

Ehyuko
09-03-04, 22:47

No faction has guards that shoot through walls, copbots are not aligned to any faction.

Certainly the copbot in the apt is a stupid bug that should have been fixed a long time ago, but still many persistant bugs exist in this game, I hope it can be resolved someitme soon for TG and CM. I also find it silly that all vendors are not available in TG [excluding the rocket weapons/duranium armours], I'll admit I rarely go to the canyon and almost never to buy standard items so I'm taking your word that you cannot buy vehicle ammo.

Clownst0pper
09-03-04, 22:48
Why dont they make it so once you own Cycrow + CRP the TG gaurds turn to the appropriate faction gaurds of the owners.

The same goes for Tech haven + Pepper Parks, MB, sections should be ownable and controlled.

•Super|\|ova•
09-03-04, 22:50
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Why dont they make it so once you own Cycrow + CRP the TG gaurds turn to the appropriate faction gaurds of the owners.

The same goes for Tech haven + Pepper Parks, MB, sections should be ownable and controlled.

You don't read forums much do you? o_O TH, MB and TG are going to be faction OPs in BDoY.

whifix
09-03-04, 22:50
Originally posted by Ehyuko
No faction has guards that shoot through walls, copbots are not aligned to any faction.

Certainly the copbot in the apt is a stupid bug that should have been fixed a long time ago, but still many persistant bugs exist in this game, I hope it can be resolved someitme soon for TG and CM. I also find it silly that all vendors are not available in TG [excluding the rocket weapons/duranium armours], I'll admit I rarely go to the canyon and almost never to buy standard items so I'm taking your word that you cannot buy vehicle ammo.

Try standing on the overhang leading to neofrag in pp1, shooting a guard and squating down. They have no line of sight but they can still shoot you.

Clownst0pper
09-03-04, 22:54
You don't read forums much do you? TH, MB and TG are going to be faction OPs in BDoY

Yep I know, just reminding folk :p

Marx
09-03-04, 23:14
What i meant was whats the point of deffending your HQ if there is no way to retaliate and attack someone elses?

There's plenty of ways to retaliate. If you can't think of them, that's your problem.

Anyway, you defend to defend

Sense of pride? That goes real quick if it is done over and over and no one is around to help you.

Sounds like a problem with your faction and the people within. No?

KK can't fix assholes.

Mr_Snow
09-03-04, 23:19
FA are the laughing stock faction of this game now tbh, thier HQ is unraidable which makes them the biggest bunch of carebears ever.

who would want an unraidable faction HQ? must be boring as hell....prowling the streets of underground tech haven used to be fun knowning you could run into a fight at any time. now its a joke because it may as well be a safezone.

Says somebody from a faction with over-powered exploitable flamer guards and have you bothered to look at the amount of guards in the secret BD HQ these days?

Morris
09-03-04, 23:25
Because SO MANY people hang out in BD HQ. It would be such a fantastic place to raid if not for those carebear guards!~~`uno

I had an FA character for a while, and being in TH was exciting. You never knew when you were going to get into it with someone (course I was a droner so it was pretty one-sided indoors ;) ). I went there a week or so ago doing the CA epic and there were blocks of 120/120 turrets every few feet. Overkill? Nawwww...

whifix
09-03-04, 23:29
There's plenty of ways to retaliate. If you can't think of them, that's your problem.

Anyway, you defend to [b]defend

Sounds like a problem with your faction and the people within. No?

KK can't fix assholes.

What ways would you suggest to retaliate against a target faction such as TT or BD?

As I've pointed out it is a problem with the faction following the current variables of game play. Wich is if you dont have numbers on to defend there is no point.

Mr_Snow
09-03-04, 23:35
Originally posted by Morris
Because SO MANY people hang out in BD HQ. It would be such a fantastic place to raid if not for those carebear guards!~~`uno

Since BD spend so much time complaining about a lack of people to gank in hostile HQs you think that they would hang in their own HQ so they could be raided but no they hide in P2 and spam how everyone else are pussies.

And just because nobody hangs out there doesnt mean there should be so many overpowered guards and comparitively TG guards are weaker then all others but are about the streangth guards should be and I do agree TH security went way over the top when it was upped.

Marx
09-03-04, 23:44
What ways would you suggest to retaliate against a target faction such as TT or BD?

In regards to TT, you could easily raid their HQ, perhaps kill leveling TT's and such.

BD - Try taking over pp2.

As I've pointed out it is a problem with the faction following the current variables of game play. Wich is if you dont have numbers on to defend there is no point.

Then don't bother. Its not like its your job to recruit or anything.

8|

ezza
09-03-04, 23:53
the TGs a great area, i mean its so great a large number of Black dragon went all the way there the other day just to have a nice meal in the yagers inn:D

Scikar
09-03-04, 23:54
TG, as freedom fighters, don't need safe zones in their apts. But what exactly is the difference between Mercs and TG?

Personally, I don't want to see loads of guards everywhere. I would like to see guards at the apartment entrances and the GR, plus a few more dotted around, not too many, but with half decent weaponry, certainly not fusion rifles - the only long range targets they pick are when people run away. Plus being mobs, they get ridiculous stats on the weapons, which means their range is in fact probably 10x the clipping range which explains why they do crap damage compared to other guards.

I don't want to see more guards, like I said. But I do want to see TG turned into a defensible position. Why is the GR positioned so that you can't target it from the platform above? Why are there two routes to the upper levels, one facing the main entrance, and the other in an area never visited by regular TG and also conveniently positioned for stealthed runners who GR in?

Considering it's a canyon fortress and could be completely impenetrable, it's pretty stupidly designed.

And btw, BD apps are safe zones. ;)

ezza
09-03-04, 23:59
Originally posted by Scikar

And btw, BD apps are safe zones. ;) aye but by the same score, the tsnuami nib i had a while ago, his starter apartment wasnt safe, seemed strange 2 apartments in the same zone, one safe one not safe

Scikar
10-03-04, 00:01
Originally posted by ezza
aye but by the same score, the tsnuami nib i had a while ago, his starter apartment wasnt safe, seemed strange 2 apartments in the same zone, one safe one not safe

I know, my first char was a Tsunami, I couldn't understand it either. I guess maybe KK thinks BD are a carebear faction? :D

ezza
10-03-04, 00:05
I know, my first char was a Tsunami, I couldn't understand it either. I guess maybe KK thinks BD are a carebear faction? :D :eek: ooohhh this boys just baiting for a flaming:p

Scikar
10-03-04, 00:19
Originally posted by ezza
:eek: ooohhh this boys just baiting for a flaming:p

Or maybe Tsunami are the real hardcore faction, what with being neutral to everybody and all. :p

LVirus
10-03-04, 09:42
Guys, there is NO HQ for TG. Since beta3 when I went to see Canyon first time, there was a entrance to TG HQ, in the middle of canyon, guarded by 2 guards .. even today they guard NOTHING. Door won't open and HQ is not there.

KK GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND MAKE TG A FREAKING HQ!

MegaCorp
10-03-04, 10:00
LOL ... dont try to reason it out. KK has never been strong on logical rationalization for *any* of their design decisions, much less consistency.

Spook

g0rt
10-03-04, 10:16

Suprise Suprise: Most people use their name.

Hahahah if you're that stupid, you deserve to die in your apartment. A canyon key is like 50k, ohh no.... :rolleyes:

And btw, BD apps are safe zones. ;) [/B]

Only the crap ones. The good ones with 7 bins aren't safezones :p

Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Says somebody from a faction with over-powered exploitable flamer guards and have you bothered to look at the amount of guards in the secret BD HQ these days?

No because BD is never in there so what would be the point of raiding it rofl.

Since BD spend so much time complaining about a lack of people to gank in hostile HQs you think that they would hang in their own HQ so they could be raided but no they hide in P2 and spam how everyone else are pussies.

No actually we hang out at cycrow. And we watch the noobs come thru the gr and hear the "cha-ching" in the clan bank acct.

WIN!

•Super|\|ova•
10-03-04, 12:57
Originally posted by LVirus
Guys, there is NO HQ for TG. Since beta3 when I went to see Canyon first time, there was a entrance to TG HQ, in the middle of canyon, guarded by 2 guards .. even today they guard NOTHING. Door won't open and HQ is not there.

KK GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND MAKE TG A FREAKING HQ!

Yup. As I already said couple of pages ago.

Candaman
10-03-04, 13:09
Gripe 4

Yes u can F9 is your Friend!!!