PDA

View Full Version : Make Raygun Cannons a viable choice; Make them a charging weapon.

NS_CHROME54
09-03-04, 21:06
Ok currently the doom beamer and all other iterations of raygun cannons are all sucky compared to fusion cannons (malediction) and rocket launchers (moon striker). here's my idea. their only advantage is that they hold 1 more shot. here's my idea...

Make it so you can launch a normal raygun cannon projectile by simply clicking the mouse...

BUT make it so if you hold the mouse the gun will charge up, adding 1 charge per second

the amount of damage per charge depletes the more you charge. charge 1 will have 100% strength, charge 2 adds 85% of it's normal str, charge 3 adds 70%, charge 4 adds 55%, etc...

if you keep it charged too long (5 seconds after the ammo clip runs out of charges) it will explode, damaging your gun, and damaging you with whatever strengh it has built up.

for each extra shot charged, the speed of the projectile decreases 5%. if the full 6 shots are charged, the projectile will have 75% of the speed of a single shot.

the AOE area increases by 7% per charge.

tell me what you guys think. i really believe this would make aoe a viable option at op fights.

cRazy2003
09-03-04, 21:16
please dont put a drom sex option if u want my proper vote :p

NS_CHROME54
09-03-04, 21:20
Originally posted by cRazy2003
please dont put a drom sex option if u want my proper vote :p

what, and defy the traditions of the forum? never!

Cruzbroker
09-03-04, 23:13
Very nice idea. I want it now :D

Scikar
10-03-04, 00:21
Nah, make it direct fire like raypistols and rayguns. I'd rather have an alternative to CS which doesn't involve standing in someone's face to fire and then being bitched at for using an overpowered poison weapon. :p

El Barto
10-03-04, 00:25
Originally posted by Scikar
Nah, make it direct fire like raypistols and rayguns. I'd rather have an alternative to CS which doesn't involve standing in someone's face to fire and then being bitched at for using an overpowered poison weapon. :p

Indeed, but change the look of it, atm wouldn't look right being a singhle shot weapon, its a bit to high to be a close up weapon.

Organics
10-03-04, 00:25
@scikar

Agreed. I hate the fact that all of the Raycannons are AOE based, why can't they make a couple direct fire?

Same with Fusion, although Fusion weapons seem to suck if they are direct fire ones. As I found out to my cost :p