PDA

View Full Version : Question about my monk,

Shujin
09-03-04, 20:04
i basicly quit using my monk a long ass time ago because it just got boring its a bit annoying playing a char that can kill anything in under 5 hits,

well im thinking about changing to a ppu hacker,

im just wonderin how much psi use does a ppu really need?

Kal
09-03-04, 20:05
180 minimum imo

cRazy2003
09-03-04, 20:07
as much as possible
or mebbe not....wotever :p
i never really played a proper monk before so i wudnt know very well, i spose it depends what hack skill you want and how many points you have left

Zanathos
I have 84 implant and im aparently gimping myself according to other people around me.

Then again I still need to get quite a few int levels.... 20 i think, i cant remember.

Candaman
u can still pull off 80 base hack less if u were adv nerv 3 and gimp ur trans and cast spy 3 gives u 100 base which u can actually do all layers on but it might not be first time.

Personally 110 after buff sounds best and u can still ppu on whats left in psi use

steweygrrr
09-03-04, 20:08
I have 190 and thats still not enough because a: TL-105 are hard as nails to slot and quality cap b: Im a PPU and I cant afford to/am too cheap to(:P) spend hundreds of thousandsof NC on csted spells.

So in short afaik all int should go into PSU to get rof, that and because the extra PSI power it generates is certainly not missed.

Candaman
09-03-04, 20:09
the extra ppw? i think its 1 mana point to every 3 psu points so thats 1 mana point to every 15 int points

Kal
09-03-04, 20:10
Originally posted by steweygrrr
I have 190 and thats still not enough because a: TL-105 are hard as nails to slot and quality cap b: Im a PPU and I cant afford to/am too cheap to(:P) spend hundreds of thousandsof NC on csted spells.

So in short afaik all int should go into PSU to get rof, that and because the extra PSI power it generates is certainly not missed.

dont listen to him, you can get away with 180, i did.

it just takes a little more skill and a little less relying on 52/min

steweygrrr
09-03-04, 20:12
yeah well with the new PPU reqs its hard to spec enough PPU and PPW at the same time.

And it does work out to quite a bit if you work it out...say with my current 190 PSU thats an extra 63 Psi power pool.

Kal
09-03-04, 20:13
Originally posted by steweygrrr
yeah well with the new PPU reqs its hard to spec enough PPU and PPW at the same time.

no its not

not unless your /30 anyway

steweygrrr
09-03-04, 20:14
Originally posted by Kal
dont listen to him, you can get away with 180, i did.

it just takes a little more skill and a little less relying on 52/min

I was just saying thats my setup (not trying to flame and troll here) its just that and extra few shots per min are the meaning between life and death for more than just yourself...it doesnt matter if you are the best PPU ever, if you cant get that heal or shelter etc off in time in can be someones death warrant.

Kal
09-03-04, 20:17
yeah but he wants to hack.....

sometimes you have to 'gimp' yourself a little

steweygrrr
09-03-04, 20:17
Originally posted by Kal
no its not

not unless your /30 anyway

double posting...shoot me!

im 74/54** (you may know my PPU from his APU days) and I may have 157 PPU but that means I only have a PSI pool of 367 which imho is a could do better. Only just enough yo get a normal catharsis off.

steweygrrr
09-03-04, 20:22
Originally posted by Kal
yeah but he wants to hack.....

sometimes you have to 'gimp' yourself a little

Again with the double posting...

Yeah I'm not saying dont do it, hell my droner hacks against everyones advice, my APU now PPU used to hack, then he used to poke but I lommed all of that into PSU while he was still APU to get a decent rof and range out of his spells, because as anyone who has seen me fight would know, I am not in any way, shape or form 'uber'.

Kal
09-03-04, 20:22
i never found it too hard personally

try setting up a hybrid if you think ppu is hard :p

also one of the best apus i know can hack belts, its about so much more than one stat, he loses not enough rof on HL to really notice

when teamed with a ppu (or a PE with a psi buff most prolly, i know i carry one) he caps all his stuff anyway

$tormbringer
09-03-04, 20:25
uhm my ppu has a psu of like 150 and im fine with it... hacking at 105 with spy buff and i dont have real problems... neither do the ppl i support....

Shujin
09-03-04, 20:26
k i got the idea, its gona b hard ;P mods can close thread now

Oath
09-03-04, 20:29
My monk *ppu* coped with having 100 hack and bout 180 psi use, but i was using leveling imps and i didnt have any rares, regardless, its easy enough. *uncapped int i might add*

Strych9
09-03-04, 20:30
Nah.

I have a PURE barter/PPU monk. Meaning 100% of Int in Barter. The monk is around 42/48 right now. JUST got Holy Heal. Has Def Psi 1, 2, 3, and Psi Core in.

I am quite sure he is weaker than other PPUs at my level. My 3 slotted Holy Heal (my Psi is 85, so I can JUST use it) is at 415%, and I capped blessed heal a long time ago.

I can still do my PPU duties and keep people alive while also having a barter of 140. Which has been... lets say... quite useful.

steweygrrr
09-03-04, 20:37
Originally posted by Kal
i never found it too hard personally

try setting up a hybrid if you think ppu is hard :p

oh dear god no :P

Anyway like I said, I am quite useless and need all the help I can get (base 75 INT)

Candaman
09-03-04, 20:37
yeah carinth has a 150 base barter i think

MrChumble
09-03-04, 20:39
You can cap frequency on all PPU spells and still hack 110 without implants but with a spy3 (but being a ppu, spy3 ain't gonna cause any problems). Basically theres no reason for a PPU not to hack. Unless 8 psi pool points mean that much to you ;)

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 20:41
i've found 100 hack to be enough(with some skill :p) to hack ops and belts.

So due to adv nerves 3 and spy 3, a PPU can hack with slight gimpage or none at all if you have high int.

Damn those ppus and their level 3 buffs. *wishes his apu could hack* :(

Candaman
09-03-04, 20:42
lom to pure hack SD *runs*