PDA

View Full Version : Remove Nerf On Heavy Weapons?

rhPhMe
09-03-04, 17:14
Heavy Tanks are already nerf in speed for thier PA.......why are melee not nerfed on the PA.......even if HEAVYWEAPONS didnt have the nerf.....we would still be more slow than a melee tank and plus we have to aim......get rid of the WEAPON speed nerf....

Psyco Groupie
09-03-04, 17:17
this was covered yesterday, prolly isnt even off first page ... :rolleyes:

.Cyl0n
09-03-04, 17:19
uh reduce it a bit but not fully..and change hc pa to make a malus to mc instead of ath

ezza
09-03-04, 17:22
onoz heavys nerfed i know lets nerf melee as well

GG no RE nib

rhPhMe
09-03-04, 17:26
im not really talking about the PA.......the nerf,when you pull your weapon out and you cant walk as fast...

Marx
09-03-04, 17:33
I say no.

The nerf allowed my lowbie PE to live when chased by a CS weilding dude. Tons of fun.

ResurgencE
09-03-04, 17:37
Many games reflect realism in terms of how a weapon would effect your aim with its recoil, or your speed with its weight. Thats not the issue.

Remove the -atl from the HC PA to compensate for the runspeed malus to running with weapon drawn. Do NOT nerf the melee tanks by adding the -atl to their armour as well. Just because we have it bad doesnt mean they should too. And they need that speed to close up the gap on enemies.

rhPhMe
09-03-04, 17:38
Yeah PE's would say that.....they know they would die.....

ezza
09-03-04, 17:39
Originally posted by rhPhMe
Yeah PE's would say that.....they know they would die..... so therefore in the interest of balance it should remain

ResurgencE
09-03-04, 17:41
Yeah PE's would say that.....they know they would die.....

And thats precisely what we dont want. PEs should have a fighting chance.

rhPhMe
09-03-04, 17:45
Na....thier should be a nerf.....just not as bad....something small....but not as bad as it is right now

Marx
09-03-04, 17:47
Na....thier should be a nerf.....just not as bad....something small....but not as bad as it is right now

Its not bad right now, tanks are still the say all be all of PvP - If the nerf was so bad, they wouldn't be.

rhPhMe
09-03-04, 17:51
your wrong as far as i can tell.....i was using REDFLASH AND BEAST drugs and i still couldnt keep up with someone.....but i dunno

SirRah
09-03-04, 17:55
your wrong as far as i can tell.....i was using REDFLASH AND BEAST drugs and i still couldnt keep up with someone.....but i dunno

then your con/dex setup .... err..... isnt perfect.

Victor Crowe
09-03-04, 17:56
Remove the speed malus from PA, but leave the speed reduction by cannons.

rhPhMe
09-03-04, 18:05
lol..im only at like 60 con.....its not messed up....its just not leveled

Argent
09-03-04, 18:13
Stupid question. Definetly NO.

Gulinborsti
09-03-04, 18:48
Convert the ATL malus for the H-C PA into M-C malus and leave the speed reduction whit wielded heavy weapon.

Or change the H-C malus on the M-C PA to ATL malus too.

But make it consistent to stop the whining ... :D

Marx
09-03-04, 19:13
lol..im only at like 60 con.....its not messed up....its just not leveled

You can't be uber until your leveled.

t0tt3
09-03-04, 19:17
hmm monks cry for AGL and tanks + others say you got dex overspecc it....

Well we got 35 DEX which we cant really exp up its a pain in the ass.... and switch it for the tank well you got 100 con and 70 dex get real if someone could not over specc it!!!! Its a fucking tank.

Then they would be even faster then a APU..
The PE and TANK would be the fastest char spy would stealth and the monk would die like crap because ther defence is only speed which got nerfed... -20 AGL is alot and yes APUs really need to get the PA3 to get some sort of nice % on thier spells...

So keep it as it is

STOP WHINE!!! :rolleyes:

naimex
09-03-04, 19:20
dr0m..

well.. I would have if the thread maker hadnīt left it out..

I have gotten used to the speed nerf with gun out now..

so I dun really care anymore..

yes it was bloody annoying.. but.. well..

now I donīt really mind.

Vid Gamer
09-03-04, 19:25
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
uh reduce it a bit but not fully..and change hc pa to make a malus to mc instead of ath

My stance on it.

LiL T
09-03-04, 19:25
damnit as a PE some tanks are just too good to kill un-nerf Heavy combat and all tanks would be too good. The ones that are allready good will be godlike then you would see even more people making tanks inclueding me. So I could run around at decent speed with a CS mowing down everyone

NO!

Zanathos
09-03-04, 20:20
The one thing i cant understand is, heavy combat is pretty much exactly like melee combat. with the exception of a few weapon and the AOE weapons, a tanks best weapons are better to fight with at close range than mid range. When I say close range i mean REALLY close range.

You gotta be close to hit good with a cursed soul, devourer, speed gatling cannon.

the only real thing that sets heavy combat from melee combat is

a) the AOE weapons
b) the mid range heavy weapons.

in outpost wars, what are tanks usually doing? fighting up close or AOEing far away.

BombShell
09-03-04, 20:40
u all relized if kk just listen tome and just remove the neg ath from pa and not add duruim boots will wouldnt be here whining.

its the fact it looks butt ugly. on ur stats. now if thay were to remove it it would boost the tank so much. because pa now is the strongest armor for tanks at the moment. and really after i bitched about it being removed i would say dont remove -ath now. be cause we got unnerfed with the boots. u actually only loose 5 stats from the duruim vest 4.

if i would to lose my pa i would hav over 100 ath.

and all my resis has never been changed and i hav mild posion resis.

melee tanks need the speed more then h-c

but to kk thay always make things harder then it should be. removing -ath from pa and not adding boots would hav kept all of us shutup about the pa for tanks..

only thay listened to me :angel:

BombShell
09-03-04, 20:45
Originally posted by t0tt3
hmm monks cry for AGL and tanks + others say you got dex overspecc it....

Well we got 35 DEX which we cant really exp up its a pain in the ass.... and switch it for the tank well you got 100 con and 70 dex get real if someone could not over specc it!!!! Its a fucking tank.

Then they would be even faster then a APU..
The PE and TANK would be the fastest char spy would stealth and the monk would die like crap because ther defence is only speed which got nerfed... -20 AGL is alot and yes APUs really need to get the PA3 to get some sort of nice % on thier spells...

So keep it as it is

STOP WHINE!!! :rolleyes:

well their was a cheap trick. that make monks uber fast.

first if u ever made a monk with 0 ath and nothin but agility. u relized u were still running at uber speed. but kk relized this which i was surprized because its something i never relized thay would figure out like so many others. i was haha all night because everyone spec ath and complain when i hav loads of agility and running like hell. i still got a hybrid with capped HL and shelter. will am 46% alway from cap HL

but i wont tell anyone :) because its far more stronger then a regular apu o and my rof is capped :)

so when thay switched the -ath to agility thay finally slowed me down and who is goint o waste so much con stats for ath then getting good resis.

Candaman
09-03-04, 20:47
I think both should be added a -melee on the hc pa aswell as the -ath and a lesser -ath on melee pa

Jest
09-03-04, 20:54
Remove the nerf? REMOVE THE NERF?!? Are you friggin insane? Tanks are so ridiculously far from the nerf category thats its absurd.

Here is nerf.<------------------------------------------------------->Here is tank.

If anything I say give tank PA negative AGL instead of Con, but I swear, tanks are MORE than fine. The recent series of tank boosts both to heavy and melee have made them more that viable, they are again the favored class.

Candaman
09-03-04, 20:55
Originally posted by Jest
Here is nerf.<------------------------------------------------------->Here is tank.

LMAO nuff said

BombShell
09-03-04, 20:58
Originally posted by Jest
Remove the nerf? REMOVE THE NERF?!? Are you friggin insane? Tanks are so ridiculously far from the nerf category thats its absurd.

If anything I say give tank PA negative AGL instead of Con, but I swear, tanks are MORE than fine. The recent series of tank boosts both to heavy and melee have made them more that viable, they are again the favored class.

well doing that for more con or agility may as well go bak to the old ways. like i said its the boots that are the +ath tanks needed.

which i can live with the h-c because its not bad i can live with

but if thay decrease the speed of tanks for wut ur saying i would just switch bak to duruim vest 4 and will go on agin about removing the speed nerf from pa's