PDA

View Full Version : Armor resists

Myrlin
09-03-04, 14:37
I noticed that ems.ru (http://neocron.ems.ru) lists the armor resists to a decimal place whereas neocron guide (http://www.neocronguide.com) lists them only as integers. In game it looks like the items list integers as well. Why is ems.ru listing them differently? Is that old info from beta/early retail or is that how the client actually sees the resists?

~Drav~
09-03-04, 14:39
neocronguide.com is a write up of ingame stats as they are displayed, look at the other infos on ems.ru, there is no way he could have got some of that info without a way of decompiling the game or through other methods...

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:39
ems.ru is very much 'best guess' based on a lot of testing. I expect he took averages and didn't bother to round them off to full integers.

BramTops
09-03-04, 14:40
I'd like to know that aswell... had a chat about it with Maarten about it the other time...

OR it is, like you said, from the early beta's

OR he/they did some utterly extensive testing o_O

OR he got his info from..... shhhh... KK? client specs? o_O 8| :eek:

OR... i'm missing something.. ;)

~Drav~
09-03-04, 14:41
Originally posted by MrChumble
ems.ru is very much 'best guess' based on a lot of testing. I expect he took averages and didn't bother to round them off to full integers.

no

ems.ru is probably 100% accurate, its just that ingame the items are not displayed as giving those stats which is why neocronguide.com has them down as integers.

Fez
09-03-04, 14:41
im with drav on this one if there intergers i am guess he was able to decompile or packet stiff the info out .. thouse making it more acturate

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:43
he explains on the site that he tested it all on cyclops as they have a nice easy resist value to work with (100, exactly 2/3 resist to all damage types).

Myrlin
09-03-04, 14:44
Ok let me ask my next question. If a new fansite were to be created, would you want to see the decimal numbers from ems.ru (that you have no way of knowing if they are valid or not) or the integer numbers that you can check in game for accuracy?

Fez
09-03-04, 14:53
u cant check in game for accuracy, the number on item are text what there values are in the database is a whole nother story

~Drav~
09-03-04, 14:55
Originally posted by Myrlin
Ok let me ask my next question. If a new fansite were to be created, would you want to see the decimal numbers from ems.ru (that you have no way of knowing if they are valid or not) or the integer numbers that you can check in game for accuracy?

The only way a normal guy can make a NC infosite like that is with ingame details, we dont have access to the numbers that rustot had on his site without packet sniffing to see what details are going back to the server to confirm what armour your wearing or something like that, or by cracking open some of the NC files to find the exact details in there

Ozambabbaz
09-03-04, 14:59
Originally posted by Myrlin

i would :p

and i checked most of the armor setups "hidden decimals" that i've used by adding so and so armor with another to check the validity of them. they added up, but i went thru that quite a few patches ago, time to do it again then ;)