PDA

View Full Version : Yellow / Green Local

Crest
09-03-04, 14:30
ok so you look at your local and can pickup who has le in and not .... But then there is a rhino thing and the guy inside can indentify you cause hey you are in plane view

He on the other hand is not....and there is no way of identifying if he is enemy of freindly ....

Could the local not be used to accomodate this too... Would also make random pking of hunters a little more difficult as they will be able to indentify you befor eyou actualy hit them from behind ....

Original monk
09-03-04, 14:37
not a bad idea: it would be cool if ya knew who was shooting you, how can you otherwise take sweet revenge on em and he's or her family :)

let em rhinopeople apear in local yeah :p ok its not really rp cause in a real life tank ya also dont know who's inside but still ... then ya atleast see on the type of tank from wich country it comes from :)

BramTops
09-03-04, 14:43
There has been a thread about a "you've been killed by ...." notice when you die...

But that just wouldn't be very realistic... Anyway.. you can't see who's in a tank in RL now do ya?

Now i know this game is far from realistic 'n stuff... But lets not make it any worse. 99% of the time you DO know who killed you. The others just want to stay hidden and they're allowed to... imho.

Psyco Groupie
09-03-04, 14:51
ANTI-VHC

job done :)

jernau
09-03-04, 15:55
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
ANTI-VHC

job done :)

Destroy all vehicles on sight you mean?

8| :rolleyes:

G.0.D.
09-03-04, 16:06
ANTI-VCR

Your one of those suits who owns a DVD player arnt you?

Soothsayer
09-03-04, 16:11
Wouldn't it be nice if vehicles took on the faction and clan title of the driver like drones do?

Strych9
09-03-04, 16:14
Originally posted by BramTops
There has been a thread about a "you've been killed by ...." notice when you die...

But that just wouldn't be very realistic... Anyway.. you can't see who's in a tank in RL now do ya?

Now i know this game is far from realistic 'n stuff... But lets not make it any worse. 99% of the time you DO know who killed you. The others just want to stay hidden and they're allowed to... imho. I started that thread. Hehe. Most people thought I wanted the kill message to be seen by everyone, but it was intended to be just for the victim and attacker.

Anyway, I think your "lets not make it any worse" line is a bit off.

We have a RPOS that SOMEHOW knows everyone in the nearby area. You dont have to see them to know they are there.

Yet I can look at a tank and not know who is inside??? The tank somehow blocks the RPOS functionality while any number of walls cannot? And the people INSIDE the tank can still know who is nearby- so the RPOS blockage is only a one way thing...

Seriously, this isnt about reality. Its about consistency.

Original monk
09-03-04, 16:14
Originally posted by G.0.D.
Your one of those suits who owns a DVD player arnt you?

LOOOL, i didnt get it at once, then i read the quote again, still didnt got it, then i made my mind clear of neocron and i got it

and ROOFL, daamn those dvd-guys :P

jernau
09-03-04, 16:21
Erm guys - DVD players cost about £20 these days. They're hardly a luxury.

Last time I was in the states I got one free when I bought some DVDs.

Benjie
09-03-04, 16:24
Originally posted by jernau
Erm guys - DVD players cost about £20 these days. They're hardly a luxury.
20 quid ones arn't DVD players. There Special Disk Scratching Systems that hate you and sleep with your wife.

I have an Xbox and a Sony 5.1 Dolby Cinema System.

jernau
09-03-04, 16:28
Originally posted by Benjie
20 quid ones arn't DVD players. There Special Disk Scratching Systems that hate you and sleep with your wife.

I have an Xbox and a Sony 5.1 Dolby Cinema System.

X-Boxs are consumer electronics. They are small houses filled with lead and a Volvo-on-a-rope with buttons on it's roof.

Benjie
09-03-04, 16:30
X-Box's are consumer electronics. They are small houses filled with lead and a Volvo-on-a-rope with buttons on it's roof.
The Xbox DVD player is a lot nicer than the PS2 DVD player.
As far as games go, it's a matter of taste. Size? Who cares unless it's hand-held, which it isn't.
Everybody Knows the GBA 2 is gonna pwn the PSP anyway. Nintendo are Handheld Ownage. Always have been, still are.

FirestarXL
09-03-04, 16:33

Rofl, well put.

Yeah, like anything else in life, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Apart from the scratching issues, others have overheating issues and god knows what else. Caveat Emptor.

jernau
09-03-04, 16:36
PS2 DVD playback is wank.

X-Pox DVD playback is surprisingly good to be fair. Though I guess it should be considering the processing grunt it has.

@Firestar - how can you get overheating on a DVD player? They all (and I do mean all) use exactly the same decoder chips. 5v motors don't make much heat and cheap ones won't have an amp in them. If they overheat it's because you filled it with lighter fluid.

Benjie
09-03-04, 16:40
If they overheat it's because you filled it with lighter fluid.
Hehe.

You should work at the Alba helpdesk. Just quote what you said to prove your qualifications, they'll snap you up.

jernau
09-03-04, 16:42
Hehe.

You should work at the Alba helpdesk. Just quote what you said to prove your qualifications, they'll snap you up.

Everything I said is true. The fact Alba (they are still going? :o) use monkeys to solder their boards up and use cheap inflamable PSUs is another problem.

The fact remains - unless there's a fault there is nothing in a DVD player that should get hot.

Crest
09-03-04, 16:53
Back to topic ... as it is your see a rhino and if you in local area you can see the names in local. Now if you pulkl out a ANTI DVD oops Anti VHC and start shooting and he is friendly he aint gonn like that , like wise if you don't and he was not freindly then you not gonna like it ...

So in local hi name would be red for enenmy ...

Alternatively ....
In war (Roll PLaying) You could tell the difference between the US tank and the enemy tanks ... if they had any .... it was easy ....

That way there was no confusion of who owned the tank comin over the hill... If not change local then mebbe change the shape / colour or put a logo on the front based on the drivers faction....

So Rhino with a FA driver would have FA branding on it .... If a TT was driving the same ... then there would be a TT Branding .....

NEXT would sell tons of these as it allows the factions to brand and advertise while next would supply the vehicles

FirestarXL
09-03-04, 16:53

The fact remains - unless there's a fault there is nothing in a DVD player that should get hot.

Oh, you can make it overheat if you skimp enough and cut enough corners when "designing" it. It takes a fair while for the heat buildup to have any effect at all, but if you've skimped enough on the ventiliation then you'll get it. But if you use any model other than that which has been designed by a chimp with a potty on its head, then you'll be fine. :lol:

*looks at topic title*... I'll get me coat :p

greendonkeyuk
09-03-04, 17:36
What about having Red names appear for anyone who is inside a vehicle gun/turret etc and then grey for anyone who is hitching a lift? So the people who do have the ability to kill you can be viewed as potential threats and the dudes who are jus buyin a lift to cycrow or whatever can ride past in peace.

I dont like the idea of fraggin someones vehicle "just to see who was inside"..... it would be seriously annoying if it happened to me.