PDA

View Full Version : Melee Mods

Dade Murphey
09-03-04, 13:40
First off, let me start by appologizing if there's already a thread like this...I've just been thinking about this for a bit since I'm playing a melee character now

All this really has to do with is adding various mods for the seperate types of melee weapons...to kinda give them some character

Knuckles/Bats: Could be modded with spikes, to add pierce dmg (I can't remember what type of dmg they start out doing...I'm assuming Force...but if it's Pierce that needs to be changed as it makes no sense)

Blades/Claws: Could be modded with something like a poison mod, kind of to symbolize that you're coating the blade in a poison before using it. Could also be modded with some sort of Advanced mod that ups the piercing dmg they do alredy, maybe as if using a diamond edged blade or something along those lines.

Laser Blades: Could have advanced mods, for xtra electrical dmg (have that already right?) Could also have a mod that adds fire dmg to a laser blade, kind of like a superheated laser or what have you.

Shockers I don't think really need anything...as they only do stun dmg anyway really.

That's all I can really think of, I hope it makes sense...I'm very tired right now...haha :D

Plz vote and post you're thoughts.

Scikar
09-03-04, 14:31
I'm pretty sure it's been tried. The problem is melee doesn't use ammo, IIRC. Dunno if there's any progress been made with it, but the idea is in the works at least.

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:41
It would be great if they could do it. Also we need different coloured bulb mods on the flashlights :cool:

Mattimeo
09-03-04, 14:49
Lupus was trying to do this IIRC a while back and was having major issues getting it to work, as cool as it would be I think he said it wasn't possible =/

edit: He mentions the ammo issue Here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74216&perpage=15&pagenumber=3)

Psyco Groupie
09-03-04, 14:50
Melee doesnt need mods ... it rocks anyway

Sleawer
09-03-04, 15:17
Yea definetly melee could use some mods, with the new mob resist changes it would be handy.

Matt your link not working for me, says unregistered or something. Name of the thread?

Mattimeo
09-03-04, 15:20
It's in test server feedback thread is titled "Melee weapons lineup change propositions" and is what started the melee changes we're going to be seeing soon. the linked page is where he first mentions it and mentions the issues and ideas he's had a few more times deeper in.

Benjie
09-03-04, 15:58
All melee mods should cost upwards of 500k.

At least.

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 16:06
Yea why not. But i'm against any poison mods.

Benjie
09-03-04, 16:08
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
i'm against any poison mods.
All poison mods should be Nerfed untill kk updates the implants to take modern damage and resists into consideration.

*remembers when POR was as usefull as PSR, and wonders why kk havn't updates implants*

Mattimeo
09-03-04, 18:05
Originally posted by Benjie
All melee mods should cost upwards of 500k.

At least.

Because everyone is capped with 500k to throw around :rolleyes:

Disturbed021
09-03-04, 22:19
Originally posted by Mattimeo
Because everyone is capped with 500k to throw around :rolleyes:

They aren't?
Funny I don't even play all that much ne more and I managed to make 40+ Mill on Pluto and 10+ on Saturn....*shrug*

Good ideas tho, never understood why there weren't ne good mods 4 melee weapons.

Dade Murphey
09-03-04, 22:47
Originally posted by Benjie
All poison mods should be Nerfed untill kk updates the implants to take modern damage and resists into consideration.

*remembers when POR was as usefull as PSR, and wonders why kk havn't updates implants*

Why is it KK's job to fix something that you willingly did in the first place...it's not their responsibility to fix, what turned out to be, your mistake?

And on thread topic:
I forgot about a xray mod for the laserblades!!! I knew I forgot something before I went to bed...

Mattimeo
09-03-04, 23:36
Originally posted by Disturbed021
They aren't?
Funny I don't even play all that much ne more and I managed to make 40+ Mill on Pluto and 10+ on Saturn....*shrug*

Don't forget, there are new people (supposedly) everyday, even moreso (hopefully) with doy. do said new people have even a 1mil?

The game isn't just PvP, the game isn't just capped players, but I think 90% of the time I'm about the only one that gets that.

Cruzbroker
09-03-04, 23:45
I love the 4 Slot melee weapons when you do NOTHING with those slots. 2 mods enough to cap FRQ & DMG...

Shadow Dancer
10-03-04, 00:33
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
Why is it KK's job to fix something that you willingly did in the first place...it's not their responsibility to fix, what turned out to be, your mistake?

huh?

What is his mistake exactly? o_O

Dade Murphey
10-03-04, 07:33
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
huh?

What is his mistake exactly? o_O

Mistake isn't xactly the correct word...he chose not to take poison resist, or atleast much...why is it kk's responsibility to add imps or rework imps or something to make up for his choosing not to do something...that's basically all I was trying to say...

Disturbed021
10-03-04, 09:17
Originally posted by Mattimeo
Don't forget, there are new people (supposedly) everyday, even moreso (hopefully) with doy. do said new people have even a 1mil?

The game isn't just PvP, the game isn't just capped players, but I think 90% of the time I'm about the only one that gets that.

Soz but all I have seen is the server pop go down since I started playin over a year ago, I've seen very few new ppl join, just the same ppl moving to dif servers or rerolling...

And 500k isn't that hard to get tbh even for a noob, it's not like they would need to get 500k immediately just to get a poison mod to level with:rolleyes: but whatever, thats just my 2 cents.

Dade Murphey
10-03-04, 11:19
500k/mod...that's just fucking stupid...I'm sorry...it seriously is...and it's a waste of money...you know how much I DON'T have 500k to spend on a mod...and I've seen a lot of new players in this game...I run around pluto and I've been meeting people lately that are actually new to the game...and I haven't really noticed server pops going down within the last year...been pretty steady for the most part...but back on subject...500k/mod is a crap idea unless they raise all the other mods for all weapons that high...then sure...I'll go for it

Disturbed021
10-03-04, 12:01
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
and I haven't really noticed server pops going down within the last year...been pretty steady for the most part...
lmfao...dude one year ago when I started; 250+ on pluto avg when I am on (generally late PST) it has steadily decreased to 50 or so atm on avg and it is the same on all the servers (Saturn was maybe like 300 a year ago and now drops under 100 when I am on.
Maybe it depends on what time you play but I have seen maybe one or 2 true newbs in several months.

Dade Murphey
10-03-04, 12:56
Originally posted by Disturbed021
lmfao...dude one year ago when I started; 250+ on pluto avg when I am on (generally late PST) it has steadily decreased to 50 or so atm on avg and it is the same on all the servers (Saturn was maybe like 300 a year ago and now drops under 100 when I am on.
Maybe it depends on what time you play but I have seen maybe one or 2 true newbs in several months.

dude...I don't remember ever logging on at what I would consider late PST and seeing 250 people on pluto...unless by late you mean like 6.30ish...I'd say around 100-120...but considering I play midnite and on CST I'm used to low numbers...and they haven't changed all that much...but considering that it's becoming increasingly harder to find NC...I could understand server drops...but the fact remains that a couple times a week I meet a few new players...so I stand by my statement

Opar
09-04-04, 09:33
Maybe add radiation damage that stacks on laserblades. That would be fun.

Ooooh, and add spikes to baseball bats!

johngreen2000
09-04-04, 15:44
I vote no unless....

melee damage is reduced. As it is right now melee owns except for degrading. If you are any good and have your resist setup correctly melee kicks the shit outta people. DG tanks are owning pes and spys boc/pob owning apus. Already seeing melee PEs being made and owning.

People use the excuse 'well if I get paraed im screwed I cant hit at long range'...well you got anti shock pills. By the time soemone gets you stunned youve got 2-3 hits on em pop a pill and they either have to drop there weapon and go to stun again which gives you more free hits or they can keep fighting you although youve got the upperhand. And becuase melee doesnt have to waste points in anything other than 80ish high tech you get a fuckload of agility to makeself hard as hell to hit in the first place.

So if you gonna give melee the ability to inflict more types of damage I say reduce melee about 10% maybe 20% but do some testing to make sure its doesnt make melee unviable.

Just my opinion

Scikar
09-04-04, 16:07
Dude, look at the date. This thread is from before melee damage got upped.

Opar
09-04-04, 16:44
My bad, thought it was new cos someone must've bumped it up by voting