PDA

View Full Version : Le driver in rhino and unLE'd gunner?

winnoc
09-03-04, 12:32
Hi,

I was thinking about hunting wb's with my LE'd spy and have a tank gun it for me whereafter i hack the wb.

I did this with my unLE'd spy (first char) to get cash and rares when he was low level.

I was wondering if the vehicle is driven by an LE 'd driver and owned by him too, if i get out will the gunner be able to shoot hackthiefs and pkers that try to destroy the rhino?

Thx

Psyco Groupie
09-03-04, 12:36
er ... thats possible .... dont quite see why you felt the need to post on the forum

ResurgencE
09-03-04, 12:58
Its a valid question.

Dajuda
09-03-04, 12:59
Maybe to get it fixed if it is possible.

ResurgencE
09-03-04, 13:04
True. That would make things a mite unbalanced.

An LE'd driver drives a rhino straight into an op fight with an LE'd repairer and an unLE'd gunner. The LEs get out and let the gunner blast away. When the vehicle sustains critical damage, the LE'd driver gets in to prevent further damage, while the LE'd repairer works away at restoring the tank back to its full health.

No idea if its possible, though. Might want to check on that.

El_MUERkO
09-03-04, 13:20
KK seem to think its perfectly ok for LE'd players to run around at OP wars so I wouldnt be suprised if it was entirely possible.

MrChumble
09-03-04, 13:56
It is possible, a Pluto clan used to come to MB a lot with an LE'd driver and non-LEd gunner sat in a rhino. It got very annoying so we took screenshots and complained. As they stopped I'm assuming the GMs agreed it was a blatant abuse of the game.

Archeus
09-03-04, 14:05
An LE driver might not be an issue as they are inside the Rhino and can't do anything but drive. Unless the Rhino becomes immune to damage to an LE driver?? o_O

However if that LE player is repairing the Rhino you have what amounts to an indestructible Rhino which IMHO shouldn't be allowed.

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:06
If the LE player is driving you can't damage the rhino in the first place :(

winnoc
09-03-04, 14:13
Well, i was wondering this, as i used to get a lot more rare parts when teamed with a tank in a rhino (split 50/50) than hunting alone with my spy.

And as i don't wanna take out the le on my driver contructor hacker repairer spy i would like to hunt wb's this way.

General Crazy
09-03-04, 15:27
Originally posted by MrChumble
If the LE player is driving you can't damage the rhino in the first place :(

Yes all vehicles can be damage no matter if the char is LE'd or not

Biggest piss off is Non LE playing can damage and destroy a LE'd Players Vehicle while they are hunting. But LE'd People can't Damage Vehicles of the people who just blow up their Vehicle

jernau
09-03-04, 15:33
AFAIR if the driver has an LE the vehicle can't be damaged while he is in it. If he gets out it can.

I haven't tested this is in months but that's how it was and I believe how it still should be.

L3m0n
09-03-04, 15:36
Originally posted by General Crazy
no if the driver has an LE in it cant be damaged as jernau said i think you can damage it when he leaves

Lanigav
09-03-04, 15:41
Vehicles should take damage regardless of whether or not the driver or gunner is LE'd. The LE implant is in your head, not in the car your driving. ;)

jernau
09-03-04, 15:52
Originally posted by Lanigav
Vehicles should take damage regardless of whether or not the driver or gunner is LE'd. The LE implant is in your head, not in the car your driving. ;)

I'd say it's the other way round. Vehicles owned by LEd runners should take no damage unless a non-LEd runner is in them. The minute one non-LE is in there (regardless of seat) it should lose it's invulnerability.

The LE is a game-mechanic with little to no RP basis. It should therefore be fully effective in that role regardless of RP logic. If people opt out of PvP and accept the negatives of doing so they deserve to FULLY opt out of PvP.

greendonkeyuk
09-03-04, 17:41
Originally posted by jernau
I'd say it's the other way round. Vehicles owned by LEd runners should take no damage unless a non-LEd runner is in them. The minute one non-LE is in there (regardless of seat) it should lose it's invulnerability.

The LE is a game-mechanic with little to no RP basis. It should therefore be fully effective in that role regardless of RP logic. If people opt out of PvP and accept the negatives of doing so they deserve to FULLY opt out of PvP.

Amen to that.

ResurgencE
09-03-04, 17:47
Originally posted by General Crazy

No, Gen. Ive checked this plenty of times before, and know this for a fact. If the LE'd driver is seated in the car, it becomes immune to PvP damage, but can still take damage from mobs (obviously). However, the minute he steps out, the vehicle becomes susceptible to Teh Law. :D

Mattimeo
09-03-04, 18:08

As an LE user, I like this idea best.

Archeus
09-03-04, 18:19
Also have it that once an LE player is in the Craft then the weapon cannot be fired by a non-LE user. Also disallow an LE player from repairing a craft while there is someone in it (or non-LE person if possible).

Splaticus
09-03-04, 20:12
Originally posted by ResurgencE
No, Gen. Ive checked this plenty of times before, and know this for a fact. If the LE'd driver is seated in the car, it becomes immune to PvP damage, but can still take damage from mobs (obviously). However, the minute he steps out, the vehicle becomes susceptible to Teh Law. :D

A Rhino or APC can be damaged, by PK, if a LE'd person is driving it.

A Rhino or APC can be damaged, by PK, if it is owned and being driven by a LE'd player.

[edited to replace "vehicle" with "Rhino or APC," because the Rhino and APC fully protect the driver and passengers.]

Obvioulsy, if an LE'd reveler driver prevents all damage to a reveler, because damage naturally flows from the reveler to the driver, then that is an exploit. However, the LE doesnt even come into play with a Rhino or APC, because the people inside the rhino or APC are considered separate from the vehicle for damage purposes.

rob444
09-03-04, 20:50
Me and my friend tried this, I was a LE driver and drove a rhino, he was un-LE:ed and gunned. He could shoot people and people could damage my rhino. If he jumped out people couldnt hurt my rhino anymore, as soon as there is a non-LE guy gunning (passenger too??) people can hurt your vehicle even if you are the vehicle owner with LE.

Leebzie
09-03-04, 21:31
Why not, if you let an un-LE'd user in your vehicle, until its despawned or up to 10 mins after they've gotten out, its destructable.

Other than that having your vehicle blown is kinda pvp, not what LE is meant to involve you in.

Morris
09-03-04, 21:53
Rob is right -- a vehicle driven by an LE cannot be damaged by players UNLESS there is a non-LE in the gunner's seat.

g0rt
09-03-04, 22:01
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
KK seem to think its perfectly ok for LE'd players to run around at OP wars so I wouldnt be suprised if it was entirely possible.

Yup. Everything goes with a LE! Like ive said before, 9/10 LE users only use it to exploit, i think 1 out of every 10 LE users you see actually like being a LE'd player.

Organics
09-03-04, 22:51
Originally posted by g0rt
Yup. Everything goes with a LE! Like ive said before, 9/10 LE users only use it to exploit, i think 1 out of every 10 LE users you see actually like being a LE'd player.

I like being a both LE and non-LE player.

Sometimes I get tired of idiots gangbanging me, so I switch to one of my LE chars and level in peace.

Sometimes I get bored of leveling so I switch to my non-LE char and PvP some, usually though it's just a gangbang.

And yeah, if I drive my Reveler with LE in, my buddy can gun down other mobs/people without his LE in. I believe it gets damaged by mobs/players if he's gunning.

Mattimeo
09-03-04, 23:01

Uhm, I never take my LEs out. I like it. of course, to most people just using it is exploiting :rolleyes:

jernau
10-03-04, 04:44
9/10 LE users only use it to exploit

Utter Bollocks or at best that's a reflection on the people you play with.

I can only think of one person I know on Saturn that I would say has deliberately and repeatedly abused the LE. I believe they got banned - certainly they haven't been around for some time.

I know many people who play LEd including several PvP fanatics who have LEd alts and I've noticed hardly any serious abuse*.

* - I do know people who will ask an LEd mate to GR into ptoentially hostile areas to check it's safe but considering how lame GR camping is I can't seriously consider that an exploit.

Kasumi
10-03-04, 04:47
Originally posted by Archeus
Also have it that once an LE player is in the Craft then the weapon cannot be fired by a non-LE user. Also disallow an LE player from repairing a craft while there is someone in it (or non-LE person if possible).

How about no Archeus??

amfest
10-03-04, 04:53

no that's lame. Instead make it when there is a LE'd person driving a non-le'd player gunning can't hurt other non-LE'd persons but can gun for XP on mobs which would solve that problem but still leave the option of leveling.

g0rt
10-03-04, 05:06
Utter Bollocks or at best that's a reflection on the people you play with.

I can only think of one person I know on Saturn that I would say has deliberately and repeatedly abused the LE. I believe they got banned - certainly they haven't been around for some time.

I know many people who play LEd including several PvP fanatics who have LEd alts and I've noticed hardly any serious abuse*.

* - I do know people who will ask an LEd mate to GR into ptoentially hostile areas to check it's safe but considering how lame GR camping is I can't seriously consider that an exploit.

Sorry I actually get out of town, you could say, while playing...I see the LE exploiting that goes on. I constantly monitor the worm tunnels, chaos caves and graves in my area. I see how many times people exploit the LE to stop the spawn. Sometimes it takes hours to get a GM there to help, and I end up having to bitch on this forum and irc to end it. I see LE noobs running around at our ops while we are defending or attacking other ops, relaying information. I see LE's driving in TG tanks so they can get out and repair the tank without being shot at. It goes on, and on and on and on....

I see alot of things you plaza1 campers don't see. And one hting I never see is Jernau out of plaza. So maybe you should listen for once to someone who is actually AWARE of what goes on with LE players in Neocron.

Thanks

jernau
10-03-04, 06:58
I spend plenty of time in those caves too and don't see much, if any of that.

At Op fights I do see a few "LE spies" but I don't really see that they gain much tbh. I know for a fact there are spies in the ranks of all the big clans on Saturn who relay info to their main clans over TS.

FYI - I wasn't saying it's utter bollocks that it happens, just that 9/10 of LEs do it. I suspect it's more like 1 or 2/10 at most. Even then I'll bet that those people have made LE alts just to do so and are not the bulk of LE users who have all their chars chipped up and don't go anywhere near OP wars and PP.

wrt where and how I play - I don't play Jernau much these days for a variety of reasons so if you do see him it's probably becuase I'm checking his email or moving items between appartments. I have 12 characters on Saturn now and I doubt you know even 4 of my alts. I play many of them in very different ways, hence why I keep them seperate. Believe it or not I've even fought alongside you a few times. None of my characters have ever had an LE in above 0/2 though I am considering putting one in my resser as I doubt I will never use him for combat.

ResurgencE
10-03-04, 07:15
Originally posted by Splaticus
A Rhino or APC can be damaged, by PK, if a LE'd person is driving it.

Wrong. Check again. An LE runner spying on us in an op war was on a hovertec. When he dismounted to check on our positions and relay them back to his faction, i attacked his ride. Soon as he noticed this, he hopped right back on and the hovertec took no more damage.

If you think Rhinos and APCs are any different, then heres what a rhino-owner has to say:

Originally posted by rob444
Me and my friend tried this, I was a LE driver and drove a rhino, he was un-LE:ed and gunned. He could shoot people and people could damage my rhino. If he jumped out people couldnt hurt my rhino anymore, as soon as there is a non-LE guy gunning (passenger too??) people can hurt your vehicle even if you are the vehicle owner with LE.

And Morris, who has also tried it:

Rob is right -- a vehicle driven by an LE cannot be damaged by players UNLESS there is a non-LE in the gunner's seat.

;)

Zith Caldir
10-03-04, 07:29
i damn near destroyed an LE'd user's hovertec the other day while he was in it...so they CAN be damaged...

dunno aboot distroyed, though

ResurgencE
10-03-04, 08:02
And i was in the process of destroying an LE user's hovertec until he sat his arse on it. No more damage taken.

Is this a bug or a feature? :D

Archeus
10-03-04, 08:34
LE users should be stopped at least from repairing Rhinos. Or at the very least cannot repair them while there is a non-LE'ed person in the Rhino.

Has anyone tested that? As that would be a pretty fricken huge problem.

Mattimeo
10-03-04, 08:42
Originally posted by Archeus
LE users should be stopped at least from repairing Rhinos. Or at the very least cannot repair them while there is a non-LE'ed person in the Rhino.

Has anyone tested that? As that would be a pretty fricken huge problem.

why not make it so vehicles are designated as pvp or no pvp as per who owns it, that way Le users who own combat vehicles can use them for mob hunting, and non-LE users can use theirs for whatever they use them for.

Make them work just like how PPUs can only interact with other players if they have the same LE status.

Forgive me if I'm confusing, late night and working on a paper.

Splaticus
10-03-04, 08:46
I was mistaken a Rhino can not be damaged if the only person in it is a LE'd person. However, a Rhino can be destroyed if you have an LE'd person and a non-LE'd person in it.

As far as not letting LEs repair vehicles that have non-LE'd characters in them, until there is a rash of LEs fixing vehicles in the middle of OP wars I really dont see the point of complicating the code more. Besides, it takes about 6 seconds to repair 5% of a rhino, and you can blow a Rhino apart faster than that.

Archeus
10-03-04, 09:03
Originally posted by Splaticus
it takes about 6 seconds to repair 5% of a rhino, and you can blow a Rhino apart faster than that.

Depends a lot on your repair skill. The only thing that can out damage a high level repair person is the anti-craft gun. 2 LE repair guys (passengers) and a gunner. Hey presto near immortal turret.

Splaticus
10-03-04, 09:07
Well my repair is an effective 256.

I think maybe you should get three of your friends to try this. I mean whats the worst that can happen besides the 4 of you getting banned for exploiting.

Some things are obvious exploits, and some things are just " I dont want to put up with the CS kiddies right now."

Archeus
10-03-04, 09:30
I've kept a Rhino repaired close to 100 percent while three APUs were whacking on it with the only spell that hurts rhinos. If an APU got too close to me they got zapped. When they called in a PPU I was forced to get back into the Rhino and move to stay alive. Without the fact they could then hurt me we could hold them off easy.

Of course it is a lot to do with positioning and how well your gunner is but having an LE Repair crew shouldn't be allowed.

amfest
10-03-04, 09:34
Instead make it when there is a LE'd person driving a non-le'd player gunning can't hurt other non-LE'd persons but can gun for XP on mobs which would solve that problem but still leave the option of leveling.

again woudln't that just solve it? and if they are non-le'd in a le'd vehicle they can be targeted by non le'd runners so it won't become a safezone

g0rt
10-03-04, 10:30
I spend plenty of time in those caves too and don't see much, if any of that.

At Op fights I do see a few "LE spies" but I don't really see that they gain much tbh. I know for a fact there are spies in the ranks of all the big clans on Saturn who relay info to their main clans over TS.

wrt where and how I play - I don't play Jernau much these days for a variety of reasons so if you do see him it's probably becuase I'm checking his email or moving items between appartments. I have 12 characters on Saturn now and I doubt you know even 4 of my alts. I play many of them in very different ways, hence why I keep them seperate. Believe it or not I've even fought alongside you a few times. None of my characters have ever had an LE in above 0/2 though I am considering putting one in my resser as I doubt I will never use him for combat.

Negative! Our clan will never use LE noobs to spy on other clans wherabouts, we just wait for the layer to drop or the turret to blow :p

I think using a LE noob is a sign of weakness, like you need every advantage you can get to have a chance at winning the fight...

winnoc
10-03-04, 12:46
I think most big clans have enough stealther spies that can stealth in there and report back to the clan.

Kinda takes away the honor of a clan if they use LE'd spies in an op.

It does get kinda confusing when other non involved runners enter op war zones.
For instance a couple of days ago we encountered an allied faction non le runner in an op after a war and he claimed he was a reporter for the neocronicle LOL.

We let him live but he was damn near close to getting shot on sight.