PDA

View Full Version : Very weird issue

Leebzie
09-03-04, 11:44
Ever since I put DX9 on my system, ive had trouble with neocron, although the FPS is higher than ever (60-70 often) the world itself moves jerkily (an issue I also had when putting forceware on my system). All other movements like player meshes and mobs move fine - even in the jerky world.

I haven't had any luck fixing this issue by re-installing DX9/Latest GFX drivers but the problem went if I rolled back to DX8

However very strangely ive discovered if I run the Dxdiag program's 'Test Direct 3D' (even if I just run it and cancel it) the game will play great until I log off windows or power down the machine, after that the problem comes back.

Though I *can* live with this problem for now, because its less trouble than formatting atm, I was wondering if anyone could think why this is, and if there is any solution ?

-AMD Athlon XP 2500+
-Nvidia GeForce Ti4800
-MSI K7N2 Delta-ISLR (nForce 2) mobo
-1024 MB Crucial Memory

System cooling is fine, and I know the system is perfectly capable of doing the job, because it does it after I run the tests.

phunqe
09-03-04, 11:51
Ever since I installed DX9 I cannot Alt-Tab anymore... If I Alt-Tab, then try to get back into NC, the screen is blank :(

EDIT: GF3 with latest nVidia WHQL drivers...

Lanigav
09-03-04, 11:54
I've had a similar issue, but it appears to be totally random. Thankfully it doesn't happen nearly as much as it does, and doesn't affect any damage I do.

I'm using DX9 on an ATI Radeon btw, so its pretty clear that this issue isn't limited to NVidia cards/drivers.

Leebzie
09-03-04, 12:15
Im just hoping BDoY's DX9 Compatibility will put a stop to it...