PDA

View Full Version : CRP Caves

PrizM
09-03-04, 05:49
Hi, I been playing since beta 4 on and off I dont have alot of time to play NC but I make some time for it and enjoy it. I have 2 other friends who play the game and they help me out a lot they have almost capped out chars, have alot of knowlege of the game, etc but wtf is up with the CRP caves. Is that the only good place to level pretty decently? I'm too high level for MB is there other places I'm missing here? Is the whole NC community forced to level or try to at CRP and the fact that is exremely annoying is I go there by myself to only get pked I cant even level or join a team and my char is very weak but I can team well with some decent weps. Are there other spots I'm missing here?

SypH
09-03-04, 05:53
What faction are you?

CRP isnt the be all and end all of leveling spots. If I'm hunting firemobs I prefer the Gaya mine A sector. Theres a pretty good spot there that always has great spawns.

Forget My Name
09-03-04, 05:55
It is a cave near the TG areas.

Full of high level poison mobs. Best exp in teh game, period.

You can get 1 million exp easy in one cave run if you run into a Luitenant or two. They spawn 80/80 critters over and over again for you to kill.

Newbs kill the luitenants
Experts milk those fuckers

PrizM
09-03-04, 05:58
My faction is Tangent Technologies I know what CRP is I have leveled there a few times but is there any other valuable leveling areas? I'll check out Gaya Mine Sector A sometime. Its tough for me to lvl at CRP because I just get pked for no reason so I want to find other areas to get good xp.

Forget My Name
09-03-04, 06:00
yeah.

you can get your ass on top of a house north of El Farid, and kill jonny 5's.

wear your radiation suit and bring a ppu.

SypH
09-03-04, 06:07
I dont mean in the actual mine, I mean the sector its in, f_13 I think it is. There's a certain hill in that sector that has mobs constantly spawn on 3 sides of it. Its great when a Chaser and a Percy spawn together....lotsa mobs!

CR@SH
09-03-04, 06:22
Well i can understand why you have been pked there if your in tangent faction. That place has always been a hot spot for anti city factions to level. So that usually means everyone there will be hostile to you. There is plenty of other great spots to level on the map. Everyone just assumes CRP is the best so everyone tries to level there.

Check out any zones up near mb for warbot hunting, numerous swamp caves on the west side of the map, hunt johnny 5's in the northeast or go to graves in the north east. Check out the crystal caves around TH, and there is about 3 or 4 caves just like crp cave that are less traveled.

Organics
09-03-04, 07:15
DoY Bots solo-able?

Or are they all uber level ones that kill you very quickly without PPU support.

Invertigo
09-03-04, 07:21
Originally posted by CR@SH
Well i can understand why you have been pked there if your in tangent faction. That place has always been a hot spot for anti city factions to level. So that usually means everyone there will be hostile to you. There is plenty of other great spots to level on the map. Everyone just assumes CRP is the best so everyone tries to level there.

Check out any zones up near mb for warbot hunting, numerous swamp caves on the west side of the map, hunt johnny 5's in the northeast or go to graves in the north east. Check out the crystal caves around TH, and there is about 3 or 4 caves just like crp cave that are less traveled.

this is on saturn and BD is nuetral to tangent, plus there allied to tangents biggest clan templar...

he should not be Pked over and over again when hes litterially only came back to the game 2 days ago and knows nothing og the politics, and more importantly has done nothing to piss cartel off. there excuse of "you or one of your alts pissed me off or killed me before" doesnt work since he hasnt played in months...

it is kinda pathetic, that one clan can control basically how the server levels...and i KNOW theres other places to level, but lets face it theres no other CRP...

jernau
09-03-04, 07:59
Originally posted by Invertigo
lets face it theres no other CRP...

There are two others - one at Catlock Bay with a queen and one outisde TG without a queen.

As a TT I wouldn't even consider the CRP or TG ones.

As TT I'd try Escador. There's J5s and fire mobs up there and an open GR so you can get there easily. PKers may still be a problem but no where near as bad as in the canyons.

Knowing your class and weapon choice may help a little too btw.

LVirus
09-03-04, 08:23
he should not be Pked over and over again when hes litterially only came back to the game 2 days ago and knows nothing og the politics, and more importantly has done nothing to piss cartel off. there excuse of "you or one of your alts pissed me off or killed me before" doesnt work since he hasnt played in months...

it is kinda pathetic, that one clan can control basically how the server levels...and i KNOW theres other places to level, but lets face it theres no other CRP...

Another reason to play in Pluto (even if it means that I have to pay for multiple accounts but at least I can log em all on with my multiple computers :lol: ) because it's not that stupid against newbies and in Pluto there is ethics.

Chaos caves are teh levelin spot because high ranked monsters and they spawn so fast that you cannot kill em all that fast.

Another great place is that underground city with tons of tiny 80/80 scorpions :D

Drake6k
09-03-04, 08:39
As a black dragon I cant go near the chaos caves or mb. I found other places to level. Graves, Worm Tunnels, Warbots, El Farid, Swamp Caves, Gab, Grant, Exc

SorkZmok
09-03-04, 08:41
Originally posted by Organics
DoY Bots solo-able?

Or are they all uber level ones that kill you very quickly without PPU support. If theres not more than 2 of em and you got some cover, "even spies" can solo em. They give great xp and loot. But you have to hack em.
Also they hurt A LOT...

seratoz
09-03-04, 08:55
Drake, where are the worms at, never been there before and id like to try it...... getting kinda bored with everything else

Spoon
09-03-04, 09:04
What character class are you PrizM?

If you can use AoE(APU Tank or Droner), I'd go for the Underground city at El Farid...(a Pistol PE could level there, if your rank is low enough using a TL 65 Tangent Mini rocket Launcher)....
Then I would say move on to the Graves in K_13, but, as TT it's a pain in the ass to get to(Jonny 5's)....

If you can't make it to the Graves, try Fire mobs or the Swamp Caves(there's 5 or 6 Swamp Caves, so you could level in peace if you pick the right one).......

There's four different types of Fire mobs that spawn other mobs, drag one of those back to an OP or cement tower and milk them for XP...

Originally posted by Blu-Haze
Don't shoot the Grim, ffs...

If your using direct fire only, try Fire mobs or Steppe Zone mobs(Warbots and Decayed Brutes/Horrors)....

It can be a pain to try and level as Tangent, due to the locked GR's, Jonny 5's and many, if not most of the good leveling spots being in enemy held territory..........
But then again, you could level off of 120/120 Tech Haven turrets, if you have negitive FA sympathy(I think that's what it is)...
They show green to my TT characters(positive sympathy?), so I get 0 XP from them...:(

Lanigav
09-03-04, 11:28
CRP has the best group and AOE based exp without a doubt. Graves comes second, but if you're not FA then getting there could be a royal pain in the ass. Scorpion caves are third, and are awesome for mid-high level exp, but because most of the spawns are 50ish, the exp starts to get low, even with a good pit spawn. The other caves are decent, but don't offer the same amount of exp or cash because there aren't nearly as many mobs.

deac
09-03-04, 11:37
hrhr me, melee tank, a speed gat using lowbie tank and a rank /20 apu just did a solo run at crp :D

winnoc
09-03-04, 11:55
My spy bagged his first Johny 5 yesterday.
I must say using a silent hunter and some cover it wasn't too hard.
I even survived 3 consecutive hits from it.

And while you're at it, keep the mercury processors, they are supposed to be worth cash at TT HQ

Lanigav
09-03-04, 11:57
Well, the problem is, by the time you can use a Silent Hunter, you're not going to be doing much mob hunting anymore outside of hunting for techs. ;)

Chaplin
09-03-04, 12:57
this is on saturn and BD is nuetral to tangent, plus there allied to tangents biggest clan templar...

... while other Tangent clans attack BD OPs. So actually it's the clan name and not the faction that will or won't protect you at crp.

ezza
09-03-04, 13:02
yup what chaplin said, killed myself 2 TT who though they could step on BD territory without my permission:p

Psyco Groupie
09-03-04, 13:05
you'd think there was only one chaos cave :rolleyes:

Strych9
09-03-04, 13:54
Originally posted by LVirus
Another great place is that underground city with tons of tiny 80/80 scorpions :D Not really. El Farid rocks, BUT, the mobs that you find in quantity are ALL under 80/80. The 80/80 mobs only spawn 50/50 mobs (and thats the only mob that spawns anything). So the BEST you can do in El Farid is 80/80.

You will find that you quickly outgrow El Farid. You never outgrow the chaos caves. :)

zii
09-03-04, 21:16
You can solo one at a time for sure if you have suitable cover. Otherwise you're dead in a couple of shots.
the roof of the house near El Farid is a good place since you can hide and heal yourself for a while..

Originally posted by Organics
DoY Bots solo-able?

Or are they all uber level ones that kill you very quickly without PPU support.

giga191
09-03-04, 21:33
It's easy to solo doy bots with an apu at tescom gr. BTW some1 told me that the boss at the scorpian caves are only spawned by gms, is this true?

ServeX
10-03-04, 00:03
Originally posted by deac
hrhr me, melee tank, a speed gat using lowbie tank and a rank /20 apu just did a solo run at crp :D

solo is used in singular context...
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=solo

Invertigo
10-03-04, 00:10
Originally posted by ezza
yup what chaplin said, killed myself 2 TT who though they could step on BD territory without my permission:p

that was us... and we had permission...who do you think opend the GR...

i wish you guys would stop using that excuse...the point is you PK any faction, even if there allies to you, you even PK your own faction and justify with stupid things like "omg i dont like you" or "one of your alts/you killed me before", even though the char is only like 4 days old and still has perfect sympathy with every faction becuase you havnt killed a single person.

ezza
10-03-04, 00:11
haha you guys asked about 10 people in the clan, i was told not to open it for you nibs, so when i saw you i sent you back to where you came from, if someone else opened if for you not my prob, shit happens, you know what our clan is like, deal with it

Invertigo
10-03-04, 00:17
haha you guys asked about 10 people in the clan, i was told not to open it for you nibs, so when i saw you i sent you back to where you came from, if someone else opened if for you not my prob, shit happens, you know what our clan is like, deal with it

well, harry woulda opend it, and ghost eventually did when he became un-afk... and actually gh0st is a cool guy and always opens it for me...

so again, how did i not have permission when gh0st. is the one who opend the fucking gr?

i dont see how you think...you think i haxed and magically GRed in without unlocking it first? or i hacked the citycoms and magically opend it?

no....i have to ask, everytime i want to go there...which is not only annoying for me but it has to be annoying for ghost, even though he doesnt seem to show it...i know it bugs the hell out of him...

its funny because my friend went through hell changing his faction on his ppu so it would be allied to BD, and he could go there and level us and himself...and then as soon as he gets there hes PKed by cartel... even though its an allied faction, and hes a ppu and cant kill you or anything...

yea that makes sence.

ezza
10-03-04, 00:41
i know ghost opened it for you nib, bugs the hell out of him

I GET FUCKING LOADS OF REQUEST FROM EVERY FUCKER ASKING FOR IT TO BE OPENED!!!!

im gonna start drilling every bitch who asks me from now on, i open then i go to CRP and send em right back

you want to go to CRP, you do what i did when BD didnt own a single op....

RUN to where you want to hunt

Invertigo
10-03-04, 01:23
i know ghost opened it for you nib, bugs the hell out of him

I GET FUCKING LOADS OF REQUEST FROM EVERY FUCKER ASKING FOR IT TO BE OPENED!!!!

im gonna start drilling every bitch who asks me from now on, i open then i go to CRP and send em right back

you want to go to CRP, you do what i did when BD didnt own a single op....

RUN to where you want to hunt

yea i can see it now... run there just to get pked for (insert lame reason here)

seriously youll always have the dumbest reason to kill allies..why not just say your bored and have nothing better to do than to kill allied characters who are just trying to level. because thats the truth of it.

ServeX
10-03-04, 01:28
invertigo, lots of people on saturn have alts, you can never be too careful. there may be risks involved in that, but I think I can speak for the whole that we're willing to take those risks. additionally there's a lot of low ranks who end up converting to enemy factions immediately after leveling, and also low ranks who harass members.

ezza
10-03-04, 01:31
yea i can see it now... run there just to get pked for (insert lame reason here)

seriously youll always have the dumbest reason to kill allies..why not just say your bored and have nothing better to do than to kill allied characters who are just trying to level. because thats the truth of it. seriously do something about it or level else where

wargolem
10-03-04, 01:54
Ok hrrmmph here are what i call the best leveling areas

TG caves
CRP caves
Graves (just east of tescom)
All areas round doy for Doy bots
Areas through the middle of the map that contain large amounts of fire mobs.... around telza is always good imo i got alot of exp there

StryfeX
10-03-04, 02:02

seriously youll always have the dumbest reason to kill allies..why not just say your bored and have nothing better to do than to kill allied characters who are just trying to level. because thats the truth of it. Don't try to use logic on any Cartel members. It usually has similar results to arguing with a rock: Nothing.

Chaos Caves are good for levelling, but just running around and shooting firemobs is also good.

--Stryfe

Invertigo
10-03-04, 05:19
Originally posted by ServeX
invertigo, lots of people on saturn have alts, you can never be too careful. there may be risks involved in that, but I think I can speak for the whole that we're willing to take those risks. additionally there's a lot of low ranks who end up converting to enemy factions immediately after leveling, and also low ranks who harass members.

then why does cartel complain about not having people to fight against? all i hear them say is to bad, go anti BD faction so you can fight blah blah blah...yea like my rank 30 tank is going to fight a onslaught of capped characters...

dont complain about not being able to kill people your rank and level when they cant level anywhere... and before you say level somewhere else think about it...even if you do go somewhere else your going to get ganked by SOMEONE/some clan.

i cannot think of a single place to level, besides way out in the middle of nowhere like regants legacy to level... but that would suck when you get to like.. 50 base im sure...

i SHOULD be able to go to CRP without getting killed on characters ALLIED to the owning faction, and another thing, stop complaining about how tuff it was being BD before cartel came around, its so annoying...like your the only ones whos ever been in a faction thats owned nothing and was not able to go anywhere... ive only been in a mainstream faction once and that was when i was on pluto in TG...

i cant go to crp, any of the other chaos caves, gravis, seiger, tescom,yutano, crystal caves, or graves... so what am i expected other than to change to a faction that will let me go to atleast half of these places...

Chaplin
10-03-04, 12:52
i cannot think of a single place to level, besides way out in the middle of nowhere like regants legacy to level... but that would suck when you get to like.. 50 base im sure...

THIS is the problem. You have no idea about decent levelling places... I fullcapped a spy out there at regants, I capped my tank at the viper king, to crp involved :wtf: Quite some caves are around 2 sectors away from free GRs and you might need to change around your resists to level there but hell... adapt or perish

i SHOULD be able to go to CRP without getting killed on characters ALLIED to the owning faction,

You read my post above? I dont think so. No one gives a shit about your faction as long as your "allied" faction attacks us. Got it now?
If you are in a clan that is cool with Blood Titans and Cartel, fine. But as long as Tangent and Protopharm Clans and Individuals kill us from behind while leveling dont expect to be welcome without prior arrangement made... Or just go elsewhere please.

ezza
10-03-04, 12:58
as a BD before titans and cartel were here, i had no access to the leveling caves, i got to cycrow, ND would attack me, so it was out of question for me.

i leveled in the swamp caves(the out of the wayone) and also around the steppes zones, it was rare i was bothered around there and i leveled quite fast out there.

if all your interested in is power leveling, go TG and use t h ecave outside the canyon

Original monk
10-03-04, 13:50
if all your interested in is power leveling, go TG and use t h ecave outside the canyon

nah, i prefer to use the chaoscaves at crp, last time i was there leveling my apuchar with zoneseek and some other cartelmembers.
I must say that it was real fun :) only this time i was so smart to not tell who i was, cause last time a team of a few cartels rushed in with a ppu to come woop my ass :/ snif with -200 energy and -100 pierce and still they needed a ppu, capped tank and capped PEpe :/ game was over when i got freezed and DBed ffcourse :)

but this time all went smooth yeah :) got good xp and had a good laugh with em guys ... its even possible i gonna join cartel for a while, not that they will ever know it is me but still gonna be funny :)

ezza
10-03-04, 14:30
Originally posted by Original monk
nah, i prefer to use the chaoscaves at crp, last time i was there leveling my apuchar with zoneseek and some other cartelmembers.
I must say that it was real fun :) only this time i was so smart to not tell who i was, cause last time a team of a few cartels rushed in with a ppu to come woop my ass :/ snif with -200 energy and -100 pierce and still they needed a ppu, capped tank and capped PEpe :/ game was over when i got freezed and DBed ffcourse :)

but this time all went smooth yeah :) got good xp and had a good laugh with em guys ... its even possible i gonna join cartel for a while, not that they will ever know it is me but still gonna be funny :) not really a case of needing a ppu, but if there is one in the area hes going to come isnt heo_O

Original monk
10-03-04, 15:08
not really a case of needing a ppu, but if there is one in the area hes going to come isnt heo_O

its the ppu that got me :/ i didnt knew there was one until i got freezed and DBed :/ the rest of em i could outrun easily :)

like every uber PKer would do i did the smartest thing i could : i ran away as fast as i could :P
cursed soul and pain easer isnt the things ya can compete against with -200 energy, -100 pierce and a poisonbelt :/

daamn i would of made it to the genrep if he didnt freeze me (and if i didnt crash at the zoningpoint at crpcaves), daamn you w33man hehe

Strych9
10-03-04, 15:52
I switched all of my chars over to TG on Pluto except for my near capped constructor spy JUST for the cave levelling. I am enjoying being TG as well, since it means I get to kill BD without penalty.

But I think some BD runners have gone a bit too far with their factional paranoia. Its either paranoia OR its a pathetic excuse to try and hide blatant lameness.

Some BD runners...

1. Kill enemies cause they are red (thats fine)
2. Kill other BD cause "they jumped on the bandwagon"
3. Kill PP cause "they tried to avoid PvP by picking a carebear faction"

Well, you prevent access to the BEST levelling spots in the game and people will join your faction just to use em. No way around that.

ezza
10-03-04, 15:59
Originally posted by Strych9
I switched all of my chars over to TG on Pluto except for my near capped constructor spy JUST for the cave levelling. I am enjoying being TG as well, since it means I get to kill BD without penalty.

But I think some BD runners have gone a bit too far with their factional paranoia. Its either paranoia OR its a pathetic excuse to try and hide blatant lameness.

Some BD runners...

1. Kill enemies cause they are red (thats fine)
2. Kill other BD cause "they jumped on the bandwagon"
3. Kill PP cause "they tried to avoid PvP by picking a carebear faction"

Well, you prevent access to the BEST levelling spots in the game and people will join your faction just to use em. No way around that. and?

its a warzone, so dont matter any BD bandwagon willrealise that we dont lose nothing for killing them there so we will carry it on with the killing.

its BD territory, on our land what we say/do goes

Strych9
10-03-04, 16:03
its a warzone, so dont matter any BD bandwagon willrealise that we dont lose nothing for killing them there so we will carry it on with the killing.

its BD territory, on our land what we say/do goes Do you not see what is wrong with those two sentences?

First one says that you will kill off BD cause its a warzone.

Second one says its BD territory and what you say/do goes.

So if its BD territory, why are BD at risk???

Clearly its not BD territory, or otherwise BD could expect to level there in peace.

ezza
10-03-04, 16:07
fine then i was trying to keep clan names out of it.

its Cartel territory then. happy now

Strych9
10-03-04, 16:09
fine then i was trying to keep clan names out of it.

its Cartel territory then. happy now Yep.

You know, what Cartel does ezza isnt bad. It may be perceived as bad for the game... but in a vacuum it isnt bad.

It only LOOKS bad when Cartel members try to pass it off as something else.

Just call it like it is- Cartel owns that area, and anyone not in Cartel or not kissing Cartel's ass has no chance to level there in peace. :)

And I suggest everyone just leave the LE in and go level in CRP. Cartel loves it when LE runners level on their turf. ;)

ezza
10-03-04, 16:14
i wanted to leave clan names out cos threads get closed for it

Sobi
10-03-04, 16:34
Forget CRP nowadays if your not BD or in a special BD Clan.

Havent been there for more then a month cuase your just getting killed there. It has never been that annoying as it is now. And it really doesnt matter which faction you are at.

Just kills the fun if half the map is BD owned and therefor KOS to everybody exept BD, or maybe some TT.

Its ok, your GR your rule. And the bandwagon hopper will just follow. Then more BD, fewer lvl spots for the others and less fun.
At least the TG caves are still usable for me.

hinch
10-03-04, 17:04
swampies at gravis rock with a ppu or using the water

or crystal caves kick ass just run straight to queen kill it you can do a run a minute and get like 50k xp a kill

personal fav is el farid though with a barrel :)
and yutano worm tunnels

also if you can work out how to get there theres abit behind tg which is nearly always full of percys and grims stacked on top of each other just stand on the hill and barrel in to them major xp

Psyco Groupie
10-03-04, 17:10
I found that by accident once hinch, twas indeed amazing exp

hinch
10-03-04, 17:15
yeah :) strangely handy for day capping a monk :) just getting up there is a bitch

SypH
10-03-04, 17:16
Cartel have always been pretty cool to me. They've let my LE'd droner level in peace and teamed me in the caves. They've never once bothered my PE when he was leveling off firemobs in the area. I've seen them chase off other factions, and even other BD runners, but I guess if I dont bother them, they dont give me bother. Their turf, their rules.

greploco
10-03-04, 17:44
As a TT I wouldn't even consider the CRP or TG ones.

ok not the TG one, but I thought BD and TT had buried the hatchett? why not crp?

ezza
10-03-04, 17:47
Originally posted by greploco
ok not the TG one, but I thought BD and TT had buried the hatchett? why not crp? some TT think they can attack cartel and get away with it, only TT clan we were remotly associated with was templars iirc

Invertigo
12-03-04, 03:54
as a BD before titans and cartel were here, i had no access to the leveling caves, i got to cycrow, ND would attack me, so it was out of question for me.

i leveled in the swamp caves(the out of the wayone) and also around the steppes zones, it was rare i was bothered around there and i leveled quite fast out there.

you were also an enemy faction to ND.

why do you have to take that out on people allied to you then?

and btw chaplin im not in a clan, i dont do shit for clans, so why would you guys take shit out on me when i have nothing to do with your OP's or killing your members while leveling.

Invertigo
12-03-04, 03:54
doublepost