PDA

View Full Version : PARASHOCK - Remove it PLEASE

~Drav~
09-03-04, 03:51
If you cant fix it then damn well remove it, it is REALLY pissing alot of players off now. PPUs that use a shitty TL3 lance or whatever it is shocks as much as a damn Thunderbolt at TL 100ish, what the fuck ? This is after SIXTEEN MONTHS of trying to adjust it and fix it.

Please just remove it . . .

The parashock beam is so strong its like holy staple their testicles to the floor. Holy para still needs a thorough nerfing as does every other para in the game, the pistols and rifles are also pretty strong, the melee shockers are gonna get BOOSTED if things stay the same strength wise and the TL gets raised.

Please just remove it . . .

Nobody but the jackass PPUs that think their the shit trying to PK you with some low TL POS spell, and it generall fucks up every damn chance of PVP that you get.

Its a joke. Just please remove it . . .

please, with sugar ontop ? I'll send CoDi a cookie :(

Scikar
09-03-04, 03:56
Holy para halo is still delivering approx 50% shock. That sucks.

greploco
09-03-04, 05:27
shock is part of the game, it's frustraiting to get shocked

fighting stealthing PEs is both hard and frustraiting as well, that too is just part of the game

you can't win in every situation

SorkZmok
09-03-04, 05:31
Originally posted by greploco

fighting stealthing PEs is both hard and frustraiting as well, that too is just part of the game

you can't win in every situation What a dumb post this is....

TheGreatMilenko
09-03-04, 05:40

Originally posted by SorkZmok
What a dumb post this is....

damn straight

Forget My Name
09-03-04, 06:01
Shocks are here to stay. deal with it. I am ppu.

Lifewaster
09-03-04, 06:03
I'd love to see it totally gone, would free up 2 belt slots on my PPU.

IMO make em all like the tl 8 para bolt, some damage but just a tiny 12 sec shock.

The higher ones could then get more damage instead, but no increase on shock or duration over the tl 8.

Fez
09-03-04, 09:08
the problem with parashock is there is only only one way to stop the bad effects of parashock, that is HCS and antiparaspell. Drgus are utterly useless, sure they get rid of HP but u get drug flash which the same as being HP'd if not worse.

and parashock take away all skillz in pvp, why not just make it drop u to desktop when u hit someone with it.

no effects should compleatly nerf a person to utter shit

small arguemnt here: the base root of alot of theese game balance issues in speed, running with weapon drawn, parashocked, skilles stats.......maybe every should run the same base speed and only weapon drawn effect speed... not some stats nor some spell/item effect that fuck over theese skillz.

with a game with so much character loaction lag having ppl faster then others it so broken its not funny

Vid Gamer
09-03-04, 09:09
Yup, please just get rid of it.

Archeus
09-03-04, 09:22
get the crappiest shock spell/weapon there is made and just shock yourself before you start to fight. Hey presto no shock.

VetteroX
09-03-04, 09:23
Get rid of it. 95% of the people hate it. Why does kk refuse to get rid of it?

Archeus
09-03-04, 09:31
Originally posted by VetteroX
Why does kk refuse to get rid of it?

They probably think the whiners have no skill as they can't handle being shocked or learn tactics to avoid/disable it.

Kasumi
09-03-04, 09:37

It can be used for more then PvP! Thats why Reakktor doesnt remove or maybe it part of the game..

g0rt
09-03-04, 10:00
Any morons who say "shocks are here to stay, blah blah blah" completely miss the point of this post, but thanks for coming out...

KK has been fiddling with parashock trying to make it right for MONTHS and MONTHS. Last patch it was accidently increased insanely, so that a holy para basically stuck you down so hard you couldn't move at all. They said it was a bug and would be fixed next patch.

Fine.

6 weeks later the new patch *finally* comes out. Holy para is now back to normal, great! Unfortunately KK forgot to turn EVERY OTHER PARA SPELL DOWN with it, so now parashock beam is basically just as bad as holy paralysis last patch. Another good job.

Now we're waiting another 6 weeks for this to be fixed. In any competative MMORPG other then Neocron, a hotfix for this extremely annoying pvp-tampering problem would have been released within 24 hours of it being found out. But this is Neocron.

The point?

KK can't get parashock right...so take it out of the game. Or make it pvm only. Either way, I agree with the poster. It simply doesn't seem KK can get this thing working like it should.

Archeus
09-03-04, 10:18
Originally posted by g0rt
Last patch it was accidently increased insanely, so that a holy para basically stuck you down so hard you couldn't move at all.

It has always been like that, just muppets were using low level Para spells.

Holy para may stick you to the floor but the ROF, mana drain and drugs make it for the most part useless.

g0rt
09-03-04, 10:22
Originally posted by Archeus
It has always been like that, just muppets were using low level Para spells.

Holy para may stick you to the floor but the ROF, mana drain and drugs make it for the most part useless.

Before the ROF nerf parashocks were hardly noticable.

I think they should be both hardly noticable, like before, AND take a shitload of mana/time to cast.

Original monk
09-03-04, 11:16
im one of those guys that thinks that everyone whining for parashocks is a carebear: parashock is shitty lately, some time ago ya where like GLUED to the ground, thats like 98% parashocked and stuff ... i dont care if i get parashocked lately ... i yust continue fighting like nothing happend lol, parashock isnt the same old spell like it used to be ...

maybe the bugged halo's yeah ... but there fixing that anyway, and even then ...

with all them melleetanks getting boosted, soon ya guys will be glad to have atleast some parashock with ya :P

i think im in those 5% of the server that hasnt got any problems with parashock ... and yeah i been parashockspammed a million times in my life .. also lately ... but parashock lately is shit anyway .. i remember when a capped paralysis made you stand still, and i mean: stand still: bye bye running around hehe

Lanigav
09-03-04, 11:20

Funny, seeing as that PPU you like to hang around with at MB absolutely loves to use that spell. Don't preach an Atkin's diet if you secretly love to eat bread. ;)

At any rate, the slowdown amount needs to be adjusted according to TL as its currently out of whack. Also, I've seen para use in op fights go WAY down as of late due to the large amount of PSI needed to use it, so its not nearly as lethal as it used to be.

GT_Rince
09-03-04, 11:42

Yup - if it stays, it stays. If it goes, it goes... No big shakes here.

BTW - just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they are a dumbass, they suck, their post is dumb, etc... it just means they don't agree - so live with it!

.Cyl0n
09-03-04, 11:58
remove para and a really good ppu is unkillable
i hate para myself but imo pure monks need to get fixed before anything happens with para ( except the bugged halo ofc ) ..

.cy

Original monk
09-03-04, 13:27
Originally posted by Lanigav
Funny, seeing as that PPU you like to hang around with at MB absolutely loves to use that spell. Don't preach an Atkin's diet if you secretly love to eat bread. ;)

dont nag on vetterox ok, the guy allready goes true a hard time with all the PE's using freezerpistols and all mmkay.

hehe, i was yust kidding :P youre comparison is completely right, dont call yourself vegetarian if you eat burgers every 2 days :)

i love foodcomparisons

ZoomZoom
09-03-04, 13:49
you do no that u can get some anit shock drugs :wtf:

and the para takes like erm 3 secs to fire now or something and it uses up much more mana so.... if u are ready for fighting with anti shock drugs then u should be fine...

ish :rolleyes:

Scikar
09-03-04, 13:53
Originally posted by Lanigav

At any rate, the slowdown amount needs to be adjusted according to TL as its currently out of whack. Also, I've seen para use in op fights go WAY down as of late due to the large amount of PSI needed to use it, so its not nearly as lethal as it used to be.

I don't like PPUs and I think they unbalance PvP. Does that mean I'm now not allowed to fight with a PPU at OP fights against a whole army of them?

Half the problem with parashock is that as soon as one person starts using it everyone has to in order to stay on level ground.

~Drav~
09-03-04, 14:11
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
you do no that u can get some anit shock drugs :wtf:

and the para takes like erm 3 secs to fire now or something and it uses up much more mana so.... if u are ready for fighting with anti shock drugs then u should be fine...

ish :rolleyes:

*sigh*

DRUGS ARE THE ANSWER PEOPLE !

just like archeus's VEHICLES ARE THE ANSWER attitude!

Jesus some people dont get it.

I fight solo most the time, Alot of the time its against 3+ people against me, What I HATE is situations like lastnight, me and a friend at MB pissin around in a vehicle, we get charged by 7 people, plus a PPU. SOOOOOO 8 vs 2, the 2 of us take down 5 of them, 3 vs 2, then wham, parashocks on both of us, theyve called a second PPU there to make up for their inability to fucking kill someone with 4-1 odds. They then keep us shocked while the 2 fucking spies that are left with the 2 PPUs take us down with silent hunters, no fucking way we could get to them as they move back faster then we move forward due to the shock. I carry drugs, im a melee tank. I generally carry around 60 anti stuns in my inv, plus anti damage boosters. Once you have 2 + PPUs the drugs are worthless, the paraspam hath returned, and if you keep pumping drugs to get past that youll end up with the mother of all drug flashes, making yourself worse off . . .

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:13
You need the parashock to slow players down long enough for the laggy netcode to catch up :p

Playing as PPU, Tank & Spy I don't have any problem with the parashock...you do know there's anti-shock drugs that take all of 1 seconds to clear the shock yeah?

And right now it's damned hard to get a Holy Parashock to hit the broadside of a barn, it has a range of 2 inches and fizzles if the target isn't afk. (ok exaggerating slightly, but it really has been nerfed considerably).

With reference to this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93287) I'd again suggest that the problem isn't with the parashock, its with the overpower weapons. Once you're shocked you just take damage too fast because your resists suck (even with a perfect resist setup) compared to the damage inflicted by the current neocron weapons/spells.

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:15
Originally posted by ~Drav~
I fight solo most the time, Alot of the time its against 3+ people against me

I think you just found the solution to your problem...don't fight 1 v 3 then bitch when you lose!

Scikar
09-03-04, 14:16
Originally posted by MrChumble
I think you just found the solution to your problem...don't fight 1 v 3 then bitch when you lose!

No, the problem is when you're winning a 1v3 then the 3 pull a lame tactic which you're unable to counter.

In this game

setup < skill < numbers < parashock.

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:19
Originally posted by Scikar

setup < skill < numbers < parashock < net lag < sync < FRE < devourer :p

EDIT: On a more serious note, numbers can actually be a disadvantage, especially if the side with fewer has a better PPU ratio. If you have 2 people, tank and ppu, versus 5 people, 4 tanks and ppu, I'd put my money on the 2 people every time, unless the ppu on the larger side focus's on only one of his tanks and lets the others rot.

setup < skill < numbers < parashock < net lag < sync < FRE < devourer < Overpowered PPU with dmg boost and holy heal

~Drav~
09-03-04, 14:19
You need the parashock to slow players down long enough for the laggy netcode to catch up :p

Playing as PPU, Tank & Spy I don't have any problem with the parashock...you do know there's anti-shock drugs that take all of 1 seconds to clear the shock yeah?

And right now it's damned hard to get a Holy Parashock to hit the broadside of a barn, it has a range of 2 inches and fizzles if the target isn't afk. (ok exaggerating slightly, but it really has been nerfed considerably).

With reference to this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93287) I'd again suggest that the problem isn't with the parashock, its with the overpower weapons. Once you're shocked you just take damage too fast because your resists suck (even with a perfect resist setup) compared to the damage inflicted by the current neocron weapons/spells.

Please be quiet. lol.

Parashock is fucking aweful at the moment, I think its the holy parashock beam, store brought spell, its more powerfull then holy para. Its like youve had your foreskin stapled to the ground, try running around then ...

No, the problem is when you're winning a 1v3 then the 3 pull a lame tactic which you're unable to counter.

In this game

Bingo

And that is FAR from what it should be

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:25
Its like youve had your foreskin stapled to the ground, try running around then ...

I play tank and have no problems with parashock, and all I do is pop drugs like a hippy and run around with my clan. If you're really having that much trouble with parashock you need to rethink your setup and PvP tactics, at least until KK fix the PPU in a more general sense.

Of course this could be one of those times where system spec has more effect than game code. For example I get very little cursor lag when parashocked, which other people bitch about endlessly. Try new gfx drivers :)

Scikar
09-03-04, 14:28
I play tank and have no problems with parashock, and all I do is pop drugs like a hippy and run around with my clan. If you're really having that much trouble with parashock you need to rethink your setup and PvP tactics, at least until KK fix the PPU in a more general sense.

That's the whole point. The only tactics that work are get a shedload of mates and make half of them PPUs, get them to parashock the other guys as much as humanly possible and rush.

Drugs are fine at OP wars when you're not being concentrated on. Try a small fight, you vs 3 other people. Consider it a test of skill. But then you get parashocked. And then, you get parashocked. And after that, you get parashocked. Next, you get a drugflash, and parashocked. And then you die. Good test. Hella fun.

~Drav~
09-03-04, 14:28
Chumble, for you to fucking stand their as if yu are teh god of all PVP and say that parashock is fine, that it doesent effect you etc. Your totally out of order, Ive never known you to be remotely effective on any of your chars, your normally dead before someone gets to parashock you.

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:32
Next, you get a drugflash, and parashocked. And then you die. Good test. Hella fun.

It shouldn't matter if it's 3 on 3 or 20 on 20, you all still get the same weapons and spells. As it happens I don't even bother to parashock in OP wars anymore, as keeping my tanks healed against devourer + keeping the enemy damage boosted is far more important. I'm also wavering on keeping my anti-para spell in a quickbelt slot as it's getting very little use these days.

deac
09-03-04, 14:32
soo 2 guys vs a team of 2 ppus and some attackers? and you think its strange that you will loose?

there would be something very wrong if you would be able to win a team like that even with the most uber skillz0rz....

I been pking a lot at mb myself the past weak mostly me on apu and kayne on his ppu vs a shitload of ppl... we kill like 10-20 ppl and at the end we get rushed and die... well me atleast :)

parashock + silenthunter is not fun for a apu.... but im not complaining, vs those odds you should die sooner or later.

MrChumble
09-03-04, 14:34
Ive never known you to be remotely effective on any of your chars, your normally dead before someone gets to parashock you.

Wow personal attacks, cool. Perhaps this is because NCF is an allied faction who we don't fight against :rolleyes:

We fight Silent a lot and they are very very good. I make no claims to PPUing (or tanky) brilliance, but we wouldn't be (almost) holding our own against Silent if we sucked utterly.

Scikar
09-03-04, 14:36
Originally posted by deac
soo 2 guys vs a team of 2 ppus and some attackers? and you think its strange that you will loose?

there would be something very wrong if you would be able to win a team like that even with the most uber skillz0rz....

I been pking a lot at mb myself the past weak mostly me on apu and kayne on his ppu vs a shitload of ppl... we kill like 10-20 ppl and at the end we get rushed and die... well me atleast :)

parashock + silenthunter is not fun for a apu.... but im not complaining, vs those odds you should die sooner or later.

Like I said, against those odds you would expect to die. That doesn't mean it should be guaranteed. You would think that those 8 people might just be able to kill you without needing further advantages like parashock.

Not to mention parashock is the biggest newb killer in the game. In early retail you used to be able to run away when the PKers attacked MB. Now they come with 3 PPUs to parashock everyone first. :rolleyes:

ezza
09-03-04, 15:01
Not to mention parashock is the biggest newb killer in the game. In early retail you used to be able to run away when the PKers attacked MB. Now they come with 3 PPUs to parashock everyone first. :rolleyes: apart from they had freezers which rendered you useless as well, they just chose not to use em on the noobs

zii
09-03-04, 15:03
parashock should be reduced next patch. Read the test forums for patch 198.

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 16:21
Originally posted by zii
parashock should be reduced next patch.

I've heard that before. :rolleyes:

Strych9
09-03-04, 17:03
You would think that those 8 people might just be able to kill you without needing further advantages like parashock.
Its funny you mention that.

People seem to hate parashock, but they use it like its the only spell intheir quickbelt.

I was a CA constructor spy, some pistol just for levelling, working on the CA epic (I think it was CA... maybe Biotech?). I had to go out towards Rengants Legacy to kill the Amok Copbot. Ran out there, basically ineffective vs any runner and only half-decent vs mobs (took me forever to kill that copbot once I found it).

Anyway, I was running out there and 3 ** FA monks where out there. 2 APUs and a PPU.

I was killed with one blast of HL.

The funny thing was that as I was standing there talking to them, they had to parashock me first.

LOL

VetteroX
09-03-04, 18:22
People use parashock on me, so of course my monks gonna use it on them... besides its mostly used to prevent their escape, and I wont have my prey deprive me of a kill.... parashock is usually unjustly used on me because Im always winning 1vs1 and then some stupid ppu comes and freezes me. I dont like taking drugs and getting a fuzzy screen... so thats not a solution.

Strych9
09-03-04, 18:41
People use parashock on me, so of course my monks gonna use it on them... besides its mostly used to prevent their escape, and I wont have my prey deprive me of a kill.... parashock is usually unjustly used on me because Im always winning 1vs1 and then some stupid ppu comes and freezes me. I dont like taking drugs and getting a fuzzy screen... so thats not a solution. As long as drugs are there (and if you check the QB thread, almost everyone carries the anti-shock drugs in their QB) then its sorta hard to accept the argument that "I just dont like the drugs" as a response.

Philosophically, how do we address the use of an item thats in game, that everyone has access to, and that has proper in-game counters? Monks, PEs, Tanks, and Spies can all shock people. And everyone can take the drugs to remove the effect. So its even across the board.

Can we say its evil and at the same time say we use it because everyone else does?

Is someone that uses it in response any less "evil" than someone else that uses it?

Candaman
09-03-04, 19:11
People use parashock on me, so of course my monks gonna use it on them... besides its mostly used to prevent their escape, and I wont have my prey deprive me of a kill.... parashock is usually unjustly used on me because Im always winning 1vs1 and then some stupid ppu comes and freezes me. I dont like taking drugs and getting a fuzzy screen... so thats not a solution.

lmao could u be more of a hypocrite possibly vet?

People use it on me but only when i'm winning but i'll always use it on anyone!!

Lanigav
09-03-04, 19:15

Hypocracy at its best.

Vid Gamer
09-03-04, 19:30
If KK doesn't want to completely get rid of freezer spells, they could still have them in the game, but only for PvM.