PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like KK doesnt listen?

Rieper
08-03-04, 22:26
Uh it kinda occured to me that people feel that 99% of the stuff in the brainport is ignored. A lot of the stuff isnt viable for the game, but if you see a cool idea BE PROACTIVE. Tell all your ingame mates to sign up and vote for it. Add to the thread, rate it. If KK see a five star rated thread with 300 votes for and 2 against you think they might take notice? You know the current spell graphics? They got attention in a 300+ Yes vote thread with 5 star rating.

Dont cry nerf, think up something valuable for the game. If you cant do graphics or level design how about you really really go into detail in your ideas? Too many brainport ideas are vague and not fully thought through.

We need two things to influence this game. Viable, Detail well thought out ideas and a community that shows its support actively rather than being apathetic and then complaining occasionally that people dont listen. I'm not targetting anyone, im talking about a general attitude.

Anyhow.. just random thoughts

Keenan
08-03-04, 22:28
Dude as long as they add toilets in Neocron I wouldn't ask for anything more.

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 22:31
I always ask people to rate my threads, like my neocron library one, turned out a GM posted on it saying there is going to be a library in DOY.

Which was nice, and only a week ago, sept everyone overlooked it :D

Rieper
08-03-04, 22:57
yeah, thats the problem.. we need a proactive community that responds to the best ideas. a community that talks to each other and refers these ideas to each other.

Psyco Groupie
08-03-04, 22:59
You have to take into account the amount of 'boost my class' type ideas ... i'd get fed up of reading random magical waysto make a class godlike

Marx
08-03-04, 23:19
Originally posted by Rieper
yeah, thats the problem.. we need a proactive community that responds to the best ideas. a community that talks to each other and refers these ideas to each other.

The biggest problem is most people will only read and rate ideas which would directly change combat or setups.

Bastards.

:mad:

Rieper
09-03-04, 01:48
Originally posted by Marx
The biggest problem is most people will only read and rate ideas which would directly change combat or setups.

Bastards.

:mad:

And like that this game would die. We need ideas that rather than change the game as a whole not adjust a weapon. We need people who move the game forwards and upwards, not those who adjust. WE DONT NEED ADJUSTMENT OF CURRENT CONTENT AS MUCH AS WE NEED NEW CONTENT!

But, adjustment is neccesary at points, and useful in others. What we need more than others is people keeping threads alive and voting for them and rating them. A lazy community is also to blame! Its not just KK... god knows they've fucked up enough but we as a community havent helped them. There may have been individuals who have.. but the community should be embarassed for its apathy. I think KK could encourage it at first, things like that ages old RP item thread but then it would have to act upon it...

MrChumble
09-03-04, 03:07
Originally posted by Rieper
WE DONT NEED ADJUSTMENT OF CURRENT CONTENT AS MUCH AS WE NEED NEW CONTENT!

We don't need new content as much as bug fixes :)

I'd agree that the community is fairly lazy when it comes to suggesting/creating genuinly innovative new content. The only example I can even think of is the new spell icons, and -- as great as they are -- they aren't even a new idea, just a very welcome re-vamp of an old one.

It's about here I'd like to put in a stunning new suggestion for game content, but I'm damned if I can think of anything :p

Marx
09-03-04, 04:04
Originally posted by MrChumble
It's about here I'd like to put in a stunning new suggestion for game content, but I'm damned if I can think of anything :p

How about this one (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87007)?

Ivory
09-03-04, 04:06
chk my sig for some ubar idea's, I would luv to have gm feedback on them cos it does help maybe:

"yep thats cool" or "hmmmm" or "nice try" something like that.