PDA

View Full Version : drone aiming

DestructionUK
08-03-04, 17:24
im not sure why they dont have one, drone pk'ing is increasing and those things are very hard to hit out in the open, i feel
drone-ocron is imminent, although i could just be paranoid. others have posted about droners being over powered, i dont feel they are over powered with relations to damage but their small target, speed and 3d plane of movment with lack of reticle seems to give them a somwhat large edge on anyone they decide to kill.

sure they have to launch their drone and are almost defencless but they can tell when they are being shot (unlike in hack) this gives them chance to stealth away and just launch another drone from a safe place and finish the job.

flame if you like, droners were in need of love but did they receive they right type or amount?

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 17:28
Said it all before, droners are over powered against everyone but PPU's, if you have PPU buffs they do jack, but doesnt every other class?

Droners are overpowered, I still have mine, but It doesnt mean I dont think it

DarkFear
08-03-04, 17:28
PVP Droners cant stealth.

Drones with reticle will hit NOTHING.

With a drone you dont hav a 360 degree free look aiming, it isnt that easy.

You ever had a droner?

I think not :)

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 17:31
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?threadid=91468&highlight=drones+overpowered

My thread, made 162 replies to it...

PVP Droners cant stealth.

My capped droner has 205 remote control, 25 vehicle, 80 high tech, using stealth 1.

So yes, I can stealth, and cap most drones (punisher, pfft) :p

With a drone you dont hav a 360 degree free look aiming, it isnt that easy.

In alot of situtations yes you do, with a drones manourability its easy to hit anyone anywhere, especially with no reticle.

You ever had a droner? I think not

Yes, Mine is capped, I still see her, and others as overpowered. Even worse when PA takes them off local

garyu69
08-03-04, 17:33
why can PvP droners not stealth?

I've recently started a droner and personally think they are very strong, i am not in a position yet to decide if they are overpowered or not though.

I have voted yes to the rectile because as said, Drones are really hard to shoot when moving around and all it takes is for the droner to move the rectile over the target and fire. And thats not hard to do.

DestructionUK
08-03-04, 17:34
yes i do have a droner , i never said they had 360 degrees of movment, i said they had 3d movment, please ready post again.

Zanathos
08-03-04, 17:37
Only problem I have with drones is that they are so friggin hard to hit!

Increase there hit box and I will be happy.

Elroy Jetson
08-03-04, 18:00
I can't believe that ppl whine so much about drones. Now you want drones to have a reticle. Monks don't even have a reticle FFS. And they can do twice the dmg a drone can. All this bitching will just put another class in the dumpster. Monks are up shits creek with a turd for a paddle now. and why? Cause ppl make unwarranted claims because they suck at pvp. Instead of running when you see a drone or taking the proper tactical moves, you log and bitch on the forum.

Droners are playing around three times as many bugs as the average player. We have a 360 degree horizontal view but not verticle. Only way you can shoot straight down is if you toggle to 3rd person. Honestly if you are going to bitch about drones you should find out all the things that a droner has to bitch about. I assure you the list goes on and on.

phunqe
08-03-04, 18:03
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Even worse when PA takes them off local

o_O I don't follow you there, or have I missed something...

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 18:04
I don't follow you there, or have I missed something...

The new drone PA is going to remove the droners name when wearing it from the local list, making it further impossible to find them in large dense zones, I cant w8 :( :mad:

Psyco Groupie
08-03-04, 18:06
droners are fine.

Psyco Groupie
08-03-04, 18:07
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
The new drone PA is going to remove the droners name when wearing it from the local list, making it further impossible to find them in large dense zones, I cant w8 :( :mad:

Its not a PA since spies already have their two PAs .... theres supposed tobe some sorta helmet but ive never seen callash say it so I would get your hopes up

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 18:07
droners are fine.

Thats constructive..

Its not a PA since spies already have their two PAs .... theres supposed tobe some sorta helmet but ive never seen callash say it so I would get your hopes up

PA/Helmet, whats the difference? there still off local, making them almost impossible to find without 100% luck

DestructionUK
08-03-04, 18:08
"Cause ppl make unwarranted claims because they suck at pvp. Instead of running when you see a drone or taking the proper tactical moves, you log and bitch on the forum"

and how on earth would you know this? you dont, that statment is completly void.

once again i never said drones had 360 degrees of viewing.

im not only sugesting a reticle maybe an increased hitbox, tho that could cause manymore problems.

as far as i know drones have less directly combat related bugs that pe's.

please read the post properly.

Zanathos
08-03-04, 18:08
like i said, make the drones have a larger hit box and i will be happy.

phunqe
08-03-04, 18:09
Hmm I don't think that drone PA is even close to be finalized... I would not take anything I've roughly heard as a fact :)

Psyco Groupie
08-03-04, 18:10
if you run around whoring your stealth device looking at local and not the landscape your a moron.

MrChumble
08-03-04, 18:22
I guess it's a case of sending a thief to catch a thief. As a droner I don't find other droners scary at all, in fact once I see one in zone (assuming it's an enemy :rolleyes: ) they have a life expectancy of about 2 minutes, as that's usually how long it takes to find the droner and kill them.
Rule of thumb is forget the drone and go for the droner. Hard to do if you're a melee tank, but then a melee tank isn't much use against a rifle spy either. You just need to use the right tool for the job...ie send a spy to kill a spy.

Rinaldo
08-03-04, 18:48
The very fact that there are so few answers to the poll (and I pushed the wrong button, wanted to say no), shows that people are not seeing this as a true issue.

The issue is that it takes new skills to be able to deal with droners (i.e. find the meatsack, stay undercover) which people need to get used to for the moment.

DestructionUK
08-03-04, 19:01
indeed , oh well it seems that the few who do share the view share it strongly while the rest see the subject as taboo. only time will tell.

(to any mods, close thread)

Spoon
08-03-04, 19:01
Yer, find the meatsack, it might take all of 6.2 seconds to kill that uber resist capped droner.........:rolleyes:

Droners are overpowered...

Well, I guess I can leave this game now....

Because now, I've seen it all........

Droners, overpowered.......

mmmmmkay........

rarrrr.....:cool:

now, Droners are overpowered....roflmao.....

What's next?

Nerf the Melee Spies?

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 19:05
Your not really paying attention.

A good droner will NEVER be found, in a dense zone, with trees, mountains, cracks, and creeks, its impossible.

There flight time is next to zero, they can take alot of hammer, use hovertechs to get to unreachable places, and if the zone doesnt have alot of cover, a good droner can kill u before u even get anywhere near his body.

There needs some way to find a droner once the drone is destroyed, whether there is a single, or a indication, causing the droner to relocate.

If you havnt fought a droner un-buffed your missing out, they hurt, BIG TIME.

Zanathos
08-03-04, 19:10
hence why i say increase the hit box of drones, there almost impossible to hit.

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 19:14
hence why i say increase the hit box of drones, there almost impossible to hit

U ever tried hitting them with melee? Right laugh... :( o_O

Lathuc
08-03-04, 19:17
why would a drone need aiming since the gun is fixed?

Zanathos
08-03-04, 19:18
No since I have no characters that use melee.

U ever tried hitting them with guns? Right laugh... :( o_O

There hit boxes are incredibly small, theres almost nothing to target with your reticle, thats my only beef with droners.

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 19:26
U ever tried hitting them with guns? Right laugh...

Tried them all, usually I just get some APU to pop it out the sky.

why would a drone need aiming since the gun is fixed?

I never suggested they needed a reticle :cool:

Ehyuko
08-03-04, 19:45
I feel that drones should not need a recticle as there is no way they can stop moving besides coming in for a landing, I feel drones are closer to being balanced now, far more then they ever were before, but I think the health/armour of a drone is now slightly too much. Previously to this patch you could punch PNs to death or blow them with 2-3 parashocks or 1-2 holy lightenings, now they take signifigant damage, almost as much as some well setup PE/tanks, this imo is a bit much. Drones are mobile and small, but I can still target them, the problem is how many clips I have to go through once they are targetted before they are destroyed.

Droners CAN be found in many zones, the local list makes this easy and the more people/stealthers at a fight the greater chance of the droner(s) dying, while they can hide inside trees and graphics, I find this to be more of a collision/hitbox issue then specificly a droner advantage... I've seen all types of runners trying to hide in these graphics also, this should be addressed as a seperate issue or bug, not as a reason to nerf droners.

Darth Slayer
08-03-04, 19:59
Originally posted by DestructionUK

sure they have to launch their drone and are almost defencless but they can tell when they are being shot (unlike in hack) this gives them chance to stealth away and just launch another drone from a safe place and finish the job.

Ass this is one of the bugs 80 % of the time if not more you can't tell your being hit till either u drop down dead or u get a message saying parts of your armor have been seriously damaged and then you drop down dead.
Clown and u are a clown u say you got a capped droner wow wee.
I been droner for year + through all the bad times now I got some good times ahead and can be tiny bit useful at my clan Op fights u want to nerf meh again........ Get bent...:mad:
As I've said before u all need to learn to fight drones again.
I was able to PK before the drones got boosted and I'm able to still do it leave us alone.
Oh and don't get me started about all the drone bugs theres alot of them.

Scorpius.

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 20:35
I want a refinement on drones, give players some ability to find the droner once the drone is destroyed, as atm, its painstaking checking an entire zone when your services are needed inside the OP helping to attack.

Something needs doing, the dmg atm is fine

Shadow Dancer
08-03-04, 22:15
I agree, droners are overpowered atm. But it's not noticable seen there's about uhh 2 droners per server, and since being a droner is so damn high maintanence.

-FN-
08-03-04, 23:30
Originally posted by DestructionUK

Actually, only certain weapons splash damage effects on my screen I've noticed. I'm not about to say which do and which don't tho :p I'm sure a ton of people already know but there's no reason to say it hehe.

I don't understand why some weapons don't splash tho... that is the *only* warning I have when droning. When stealth first came out, 8/10 times I could drop my drone, stealth with some HP left... Now 2/10 times I can, mostly because I simply don't get the blood splashes and just immediately die :(

amfest
08-03-04, 23:50
I want a refinement on drones, give players some ability to find the droner once the drone is destroyed, as atm, its painstaking checking an entire zone when your services are needed inside the OP helping to attack.

Wrong with droners in game a certain runner/runners need to be dispatched to eliminate them. So services are needed in and out of the Op. It's an important task to elimate threats. So maybe those with the fastest run speeds should go out and find them. Seeing as Runspeeds in neocron are stupidly high why is this a problem? And with stealth they don't know what hit them (not like they'd know since they are flying a drone somewhere else). It's just an annoyance you see it as when it's a game. Find the droner which when found ends in said droner typically dead (which can certainly be accoplished if two people are sent instead of one) It's just low server population that makes it difficult to sacrifice people but both sides should see that side of the stick (of course there is that popular faction of the months cause their clans are so big so bandwagon jumpers) ;)

Rinaldo
09-03-04, 14:49
Moreover, the balancing issue that we are refering to are only relevant in the case of high level pure droners with plenty of WPW. It is only then that the droner will be difficult to find.

At the same time, I have not seen any changes in each terrain since I started playing which allowed to have new hideouts which droners are looking for. More or less, I have a number of defined hideout which I use in each zone of the map, which I am also checking droners for in case... For old-timers, it should be easy finding the droner.

garyu69
09-03-04, 15:39
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
there's about uhh 2 droners per server, and since being a droner is so damn high maintanence. I know at least 9 droners on pluto :-\

Strych9
09-03-04, 15:51
Originally posted by garyu69
I know at least 9 droners on pluto :-\ Still, that doesnt strike you as funny? I have never seen anyone say "I know at least 9 tanks..." ;)

winnoc
09-03-04, 16:14
You know what's real funny when reading the forums ?

Threads saying Pe's are overpowered, tanks are overpowered, spies are overpowered, droners , ppu's ......

So it turns out we're all overpowered :-)

Fact is, they're all different classes with their own strengths weaknesses.

greploco
09-03-04, 17:08
droners on the whole do shite damage, their autoaiming and ammo supply makes up for that

and droners havn't exactly taken over.

I would say more than 1/2 of the droners out there are just guys who are capping a spy for later lomming to a tradeskill

in terms of frustraition level though, getting pkd by a droner is similar to a stealth pe or spy. maybe even worse.

trust me, I feel your pain. I remember back when drones were untargetable. That was some hella pain.

but no, disagree.

Zanathos
09-03-04, 20:33
Drones arent overpowered?

well, I think ReaKKtor overdid it.

I have my reasons

they are

a) the drones have too much health for.... a drone
b) the drones have such a tiny friggin hitbox for you to target
c) a clan mate before i went to school managed to kill 7 or 9 people before they finally found his body and killed him. (Yes hes a droner) This was at an OP battle so PPU's were there. he said some of them were buffed.

Ive have some what used a droner but I didnt for very long so I dont know the full extent of the situation.

RayBob
09-03-04, 20:49
Originally posted by Zanathos
Only problem I have with drones is that they are so friggin hard to hit! Increase there hit box and I will be happy. Agreed. They do good damage and move fast. Even with the range of a rifle spy, I can barely target a drone. They always seem to warp across my screen. That happen to anyone else?

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 20:53
Originally posted by RayBob
Agreed. They do good damage and move fast. Even with the range of a rifle spy, I can barely target a drone. They always seem to warp across my screen. That happen to anyone else?

Hell yea. I swear, melee tanks and droners are the worst "warpers" in NC. :(

Darth Slayer
09-03-04, 21:23
Originally posted by RayBob
I can barely target a drone. They always seem to warp across my screen. That happen to anyone else?
Thats got FUCK ALL to do with the drone FFS.
Learn some skills lots of ppl seem to have no problem with targeting them and sometimes killing them. Oh hang on thems be APU's and PPU's with Para spells.........:eek:
Drones are not overpowered or Overanything.
On hitboxes they already got increased around the patch 160 mark so I really think they don't need anything else doing to them.
H'mmm no u all STOP WHINE.......:D
Funny how's it's the same faces calling for nerfs to every class but there own.