PDA

View Full Version : WTF is with the PE's using Freezer pistols?

VetteroX
08-03-04, 14:10
Back in the old days, EVERY PE used freezer pistols, every day used freezer pistols/Cannon. It was extremely annoying, we all hated it, but since it was powerful and everyone did it, everyone used em. Then they got a little nerfed and slowely people stopped using them.... and we have been free of this piece of shit weapon for a long time....

until recently, Ive been seeing a good number of PE's using freezer pistols again. If you use a freezer pistol... your an asshole, strait out, all there is too it. We ALL hate being frozen and having to use drugs, so why do you have to do it? Counties COULD use disease warefair and nukes on each other, but they dont... they use conventional warfair because its just a general agreement that using that on each other sucks, and nobody wants to be the first asshole.

So far, just as I didnt use ray pistols/rifles because I know it to be wrong, Im gonna try not to use freezer pistols, because I know its wrong. but if other people insist on using filthy scumbag tactics like using freezers, I will have to lower myself to it aswell. I hope this does not happen though.

If you use a freezer... STOP. nobody likes it, nobody respects it, it plain sucks. If you keep it up, everyones gonna use it (it will come back to bite you) and pvp is gonna get real lame real fast. When I kill someone using it, trust me you gonna get a ress kill as many times as Im able to get you ress killed, dirty tactics are gonna be used on you, and Ill go out of my way to make you miserable, not just kill you.

Using freezers pistols/cannons sucks... dont do it.

ProfX
08-03-04, 14:14
what about melee shockers? (used by a melee tank to ofc)

deac
08-03-04, 14:14
HAHAHAHA

onoz the might of freezer pistols!!!

you cant be pissed off at those atm? i mean they are sooo weak.

Victor Crowe
08-03-04, 14:15
Damn, I have to agree with Vet. We've been there before and I seriously doubt we want get there again.

VetteroX
08-03-04, 14:17
they arent so weak. They slow you down by at least 30%, and thats all you need.

Cricket_Eater
08-03-04, 14:19
Come to Pluto, I'll shoot you with my Thunderstorm.

Nightbrother
08-03-04, 14:19
I agree with Vet also, and will never use a freezer myself. The running speed reduction freezers give (although in nerfed state) is enough to offset PvP outcomes quite a lot sometimes, imo.

However, the freezers are in the game, and many people use them. I hate them too, well I hate being frozen anyway. :)

To me it eliminates the fast-paced thrill of a battle, and thus eliminates much of the fun (for me anyway). The one freezing me probably thinks it's cool. :lol:

IceHawk2684
08-03-04, 14:21
agreed....

ive seen so many idiots tried to kill me with a freezer // libby combo and its a joke. I fear more the PE that uses the libby 24/7 as to the freezer // libby combo.

Funniest one was seeing some guy actually trying to PK me with nothing but a freezer.... man i tell u this game sometimes... i think he stood better chances punching me to death.

Xian
08-03-04, 14:22
Ahaha.

I'm sorry Vet, but how do you expect your argument to hold water when you used to use parashock yourself until recently? You said to me, and I quote, "I stopped using it because it was nerfed" - so I'm assuming you still would be. As far as I can tell, the pistols/cannons are weaker, but they have a higher RoF. You can get the same result by getting someone with parashock from behind, as you did.

You don't like being frozen? Now you know exactly how it feels. You don't have to lower yourself to that level, because you've been on the dirt floor for ages; stealthing around and then coming out behind someone so you could parashock them.

Oh wait, you suddenly have disadvantage because of it, it must be nerfed!

VetteroX
08-03-04, 14:27
Wrong, lol, "recently" try like, 4 months. I would attack city mercs, they would run. This is a capped pe/tank running from a lone PE. (low tech at the time) This got annoying. So, I would attack, and if they started to run, then yes, they got the tl 3 para.... dont be apussy and run for the guards. Also, I was low tech, then high tech, then low tech, and now high tech. All as a result of pussy tactics being used on me, such as freezer pistols and ppus vs a lone pe. Dont want me to stealth? dont use ppus, freezer pistols, and huge numbers vs me.

My problem is the people who use freezer pistols at first engagement, and keep using them as they see you take your drug, especially when another 2 pes are shooting you with judge.

The only thing freeze is nice for is when a pussy is running away from an even fight.... not to slow peoples turn speed and run speed WHILE fighting..... what I would like is a harpoon with a hope attached like Scorpin had in Mortal Combat. Pussy capped CM tank runs from me 1vs1 to guards "we wont have that today" *throws spear...HIT* "GET OVER HERE!"

Cricket_Eater
08-03-04, 14:31
Would you like some cheese with that whine? Welcome to NC.

Nightbrother
08-03-04, 14:35
Originally posted by Cricket_Eater
Would you like some cheese with that whine? Welcome to NC.

Would you like sausage and eggs with that spam? :p

Damn, now you made me do it. Disregard this post. It does not exist.

Wellard
08-03-04, 14:36
no no no don't you understand? this is vet's game and it should be played how he wants - no questions asked :rolleyes:

VetteroX
08-03-04, 14:37
Wow, I love the idiots who wait around NC forums just so they can post their oh so original "would you like some cheese with that wine?" to every other post.... without contributing anything useful to the thread. Any other original lines you wanna add cricket? How about post the pic of Gary Coleman sayinf "Who the Fuck Cares?" or the Army Guy saying "how about a nice cup of shut the fuck up?" Because you would be the first....

[edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming] EVERYONE hates being shocked, so why do it? Too many people on this forum post about wether they like the poster or not, and totaly avoid what they are posting about.

Take shocks out of the game, we have bean asking since neocron was in beta FFS.

ezza
08-03-04, 14:41
lol i was wondering about them, i seen afew, known old school PEs with them, but figure'd they were just for fun, but i know a number of tanks are using freezer cannons to combat melee tanks, really funny to see em actually using those things, but they should have the damge type on the freezers changed to somerthing else, i mean didnt we all agree long time ago that freezers were lame, isnt that why we had them nerfed, seems people just wont let go of the freezers

Melkior
08-03-04, 14:42
i agree with the fact that freezers suck...

but...

look at vet's 1st post... now replace every reference to freezers with killing noobs...

:D

Nightbrother
08-03-04, 14:42
Originally posted by Wellard
no no no don't you understand? this is vet's game and it should be played how he wants - no questions asked :rolleyes:

I often disagree with Vet, but I agree with this one, and at least Vet is throwing a lot of arguments on the table. I suggest we all do the same.

Maybe it depends on how you like to play the game, and if you've never been someone who relies a lot on running speed and turning speed to have any fun at all in PvP, then you won't know how annoyingly simple and sadly effective a freezer thing destroys your ability to have fun in an encounter with other people.

I don't like freezers, cause they're so simple to use and they ruin so much.

SynC_187
08-03-04, 14:43
Freezers/shock/para seem to be used more and more by all classes recently.

I'm not going to lose a fight because I don't believe in them and the person I'm fighting does, so now I've got my 4 slot parashock lance.

Doesn't slow them down that much, but just enough.

Wellard
08-03-04, 14:45
should you really be flaming me like that?

read my post - I'm an APU - so no I don't use freezers - and before you say it, no there ain't a ppu strapped to my ass - I hunt alone - as a lot of people who know of me on Pluto know.

and no - don't say it - I don't play apu because of their uber power - I didn't change thru any of the nerfs

and no I don't play any other character on any other server.

I just don't want to play the game the way you want everyone to play it

Gestra
08-03-04, 14:49
Originally posted by VetteroX
a lone pe. Dont want me to stealth? dont use ppus, freezer pistols, and huge numbers vs me.

Vet, I have seen you stealth away from lone tanks.

So less bullshit perhaps?

kthxbye

Psyco Groupie
08-03-04, 14:49
does pocket blizz do locational freezing ? cos one it actually slowed my tank ALOT .. did he shoot my legs or was it lag ?

who cares ..

Original monk
08-03-04, 14:57
Im gonna try not to use freezer pistols, because I know its wrong. but if other people insist on using filthy scumbag tactics like using freezers, I will have to lower myself to it aswell.

filthy scumbag method ?

then why arent u using it ?? :P

or is using a freezer a filthy tactic ... and killing leveling newbies (on low hp) in the sewers/caves isnt ??

i have more respect for the person using a freezer then for a wonnabe PKer that kills newbies when there leveling out, only wearing poisonprotection...

its like comparing ebola with the plague

Siygess
08-03-04, 14:59
The use of freezers comes down to an individuals desire to play to win versus their desire to play for fun.. which I guess is one of the main sources of contention in OP wars (though thats an entirely different matter). A lot of people obviously hate freezers because they feel that it takes away the fun in PvP, but if the guy wielding the freezer causes your death (directly or indirectly) then that player is probably experiencing what you do when you kill someone - gratification because they were having fun and because they won. It basically comes down to:

Player A kills Player B: Player A has fun, Player B probably doesnt
Player B kills Player A: Player B has fun, player A probably doesnt

No matter what tactic a player uses to win a fight, the loser is liable to get upset about it. Is that fair? Yes. Dont forget that applying any kind of restriction to yourself that isn't part of the game's ELUA or in game policy is going to put you at a disadvantage against people who dont choose to impose that same restriction upon themselves. What you cant expect, however, is for everyone to conform to the way you think everyone should play.

So on the matter of freezers, I say: Meh. If they are going to be in the game, they might as well have a use.

Xian
08-03-04, 15:00
Wrong, lol, "recently" try like, 4 months. I would attack city mercs, they would run. This is a capped pe/tank running from a lone PE.

Hardly anyone ever runs from you Vet - I think you need to stop inflating your head and stop generalising. You run/stealth when one person gets you to low hp, someone else will do the same.

(low tech at the time) This got annoying. So, I would attack, and if they started to run, then yes, they got the tl 3 para.... dont be apussy and run for the guards.

I saw you use that para a lot, and I had it used on me. Not once was I running away from you, and neither were any of my clan mates. A couple of times you've stealthed up behind me whilst I was on my own and parashocked me.

And, running for the guards? Who the hell have you been fighting? I've only ever seen either low levels or absolutely terrible PvPers who should be half a clips worth of ammo to down for you run for the guards. No decent CM pvpers use that crap 'tactic'.

Also, I was low tech, then high tech, then low tech, and now high tech. All as a result of pussy tactics being used on me, such as freezer pistols and ppus vs a lone pe. Dont want me to stealth? dont use ppus, freezer pistols, and huge numbers vs me.

So, firing a gun is a 'pussy tactic' - I guess I'll run at you with a flashlight instead. As for the PPUs versus a lone PE, I started fighting you on a 46/51 PE with a wyatt earp and your PPU decided to parashock and damage boost me. I don't really care, but we'll fight fire with fire if thats how you want to play.

In all honesty Vet, what the fuck do you expect the City Mercs to do? When you're attacking the Military Base we're not all going to sit there and go "ah, let's go give him a fair fight" - we're going to go out there and try and kill you as fast as possible. Why bother risking death when you can eliminate the threat with minimal problems and speed if you bring more people? The less time you're in the immediate vicinity of the MB, the better; so CM will use tactics to achieve that objective quickly.

You always seem to drag how you were "all of the CM faction vs me" into any post about changing some sort of game mechanic or feature. A good way of getting attention, but an incredibly crap way of getting a point across, in my opinion.

sparrowtm
08-03-04, 15:03
I just have to ask this again .. Vetterox .. have you ever smiled in your life?

Nightbrother
08-03-04, 15:11
Anti-shock drugs should work fine against freezer weaponry also, right, not just PSI-modules? Weird that I have never tried.

Sorontar
08-03-04, 15:16
When I last messed about with freezer rifles ( which look cool and have a good visual ) in the old clan apartment I didn't see any effect from the freezing. I assumed that the nerf had removed the full effect as I didn't slow at all.

So what are the actual effects of the guns now ?

Personally I like the guns being in the game as they are in most future/cyber RPG's. I think the availability of armour or resists against it , on top of drugs , would balance it out a little.

El_MUERkO
08-03-04, 15:16
I have my old ryker pocketblizzard i rooted out out of a storage app in my gogo, every once in a while i run into PP and zap people with it for no particular reason, it does about as much damage as a mech turtle and probably slows people as much.

I wouldnt even consider taking it on a PKing run or to an OP war.

But its funny as hell to see anyone who played when freezer pistol were the bane of everyones existance react to the sound, at first they're all 'ARGH!!! I'm doomed, o cruel, cruel world!!!' then they realise it doesnt do shit and chace me round with their devs in search of vengence :)

Cryto's responce to being shot by my ub3r freezer pistol was, and I quote "LOL" :D

Now stop whinging vet you probably dont use a pistol cause you've got a PPU paraspamming instead :p

Sleawer
08-03-04, 15:17
Originally posted by ezza

lol i was wondering about them, i seen afew, known old school PEs with them, but figure'd they were just for fun, but i know a number of tanks are using freezer cannons to combat melee tanks, really funny to see em actually using those things, but they should have the damge type on the freezers changed to somerthing else, i mean didnt we all agree long time ago that freezers were lame, isnt that why we had them nerfed, seems people just wont let go of the freezers

Now that is lame, as if melee tanks did not have enought with the running away people taking no damage, some put a freezer on top of this.

I agree, maybe turn them to the same as stun turrets, a push-away effect.

Originally posted by Melkior

look at vet's 1st post... now replace every reference to freezers with killing noobs...

Rofl, I was temped to quote a modified version :p

L0KI
08-03-04, 15:21
Vet, every week, you make a thread about what sucks, and what people SHOULD use, and SHOULDNT use.

You do not rule... You are NOT our un-questioned leader.

I dont user freezer pistol - but admit, i have used against a melee tank before when he froze me - the effects were so lame, the gun is useless.

If you lose to a PE using a freezer pistol, you suck.

Period.

Deal with it - the effects are barely noticeable.

Gulinborsti
08-03-04, 15:21
Damn, I thought they nerfed the freezers beyond usability :eek:

Didn't use them for ages, but maybe I should pay them a little attention again ;)

SyncError
08-03-04, 15:27
Interesting.

I'm a pistol PE. I don't use a freeze gun... I used to own one. Honestly I don't see what the problem really is here. If people are wanting to remove freezers entirely, I think that is a different subject. But assuming its okay that monks can parashock and tanks can melee shock... it'd just be annoying that PEs didn't have a real option available for them, ESPECIALLY as it makes the sense for a PE to use a shocker.

Monks and tanks do not *need* shockers. While it is highly useful for them, they both can do an insane amount of damage -- and in one shot mind you. And both monks and tanks can use many high TL AoE weapons.

Spies and Private Eyes however, especially pistol users, benefit the most from shocking their targets. A PE is only successful because they out manuever their opponent, running, dodging, avoiding their enemy. They try to sneak in the most damage before their target can get a lock on them.

Again, I don't use a freezer myself.. but I'm almost of the opposite opinion here. As long as monks can parashock PEs... the people that REALLY need to be manuverable, I think PEs should almost have BETTER freezers available to them. =p

I may go pick one up, have some fun and check them out.

Argent
08-03-04, 15:27
Originally posted by Gulinborsti
Damn, I thought they nerfed the freezers beyond usability :eek:

They did.

That said 30% is bullshit, imo the slowdown is closer to 10% than 30% on pocketblizzard. Dunno about cannons or rifles but they can't be much better.

Fez
08-03-04, 15:29
i dont use freezers on my pe, nor do i even use HP on my ppu i belive freeze is lame and i dont want to use it at all in pvp

but thats my standpoint

DarkFear
08-03-04, 15:32
Im a Executioner PE and i dont use it.

I think they take to much time away for their weak freeze.

I mean, in the time I take freezer Pistol, aim ,shoot , take exe aim and so on, I could hit 2 to 4 times whith exe already wich is a really good amount of DMG.

Especially if your Enemy wants to stealth away this 3 or 4 hits will make him die and not coming away.

And when i got freezed and its annoiing me, me stealths, so its beating lameness with lameness, no problem, and most other pes/spys will do this too, so you will not kill them by freezing them :)

Scikar
08-03-04, 15:42
It's funny, this thread would be be 100x less hostile if someone other than Vet had started it. I think a lot of people need to stop personal issues getting in the way here - the point is, freezers should be removed completely, they aren't needed at all and shouldn't be used at all. Stopping people from running away is something I am willing to sacrifice in order to permanently end shocks in PvP. And I don't see why my opinion of the thread starter should have anything to do with it either.

Strych9
08-03-04, 15:48
Originally posted by Scikar
It's funny, this thread would be be 100x less hostile if someone other than Vet had started it.If WHOEVER started this thread didnt call people assholes and pussies all the time, I doubt it would be as hostile as it is as well. :rolleyes:

And yes, I agree. Remove all freezers from PvP. And lets stop whining when people run from a fight at the same time, shall we?

ezza
08-03-04, 15:50
Originally posted by Argent
They did.

That said 30% is bullshit, imo the slowdown is closer to 10% than 30% on pocketblizzard. Dunno about cannons or rifles but they can't be much better. its enough to make aiming easier.

the melee freezers are about the same shockiness(new word)as the guns, but they do make a diffrence,anyone who cant see it must be blind

Scikar
08-03-04, 15:53
Originally posted by Strych9
If WHOEVER started this thread didnt call people assholes and pussies all the time, I doubt it would be as hostile as it is as well. :rolleyes:

And yes, I agree. Remove all freezers from PvP. And lets stop whining when people run from a fight at the same time, shall we?

Who is worse, the one calling people assholes and pussies or the ones who respond? If he's so bad why do you sink to his level?

DarkFear
08-03-04, 15:56
Ah no, the MC Shockers freeze much more then Pocketblizzard.

ezza
08-03-04, 15:56
Originally posted by DarkFear
Ah no, the MC Shockers freeze much more then Pocketblizzard. the second one does, but the tempest doesnt

Nightbrother
08-03-04, 15:58

I thought so too, but didn't want to post, cause I thought there was just something wrong my end. The rare melee freezer stopped me about 25% (if not a bit more), I'd say, and made me feel like a sitting duck. It was tested on me yesterday.

/edit, it was a melee freezer, but not sure if it was the rare one or not.

sparrowtm
08-03-04, 15:59

Indeed. That's what makes Melee-Tanks so annoying .. circling around you at the speed of a PE, and freezing you to make things even more complicated. The suckers. :( :lol:

DarkFear
08-03-04, 16:00
Originally posted by ezza
the second one does, but the tempest doesnt

Right, but who should use the low one?

Ok, maybe some DeV / MC Hybs, but these ones are very rare i think :)

Cyphor
08-03-04, 16:00
Is this only a saturn prob? I've not seen a pistol or tank freezer in almost a year now in pvp and then today i came on the forums and seen quiet a few have them in their qb and this post, not sure if it is a certain faction/clan or server? I've not had a huge prob with them, however as i hate freezers il vote yes to anything that gets us closer to having them removed from the game. Atm ppu freezers are still too powerful, i wont be happy till they are absolutely useless or removed; pistol,cannon and rifle freezers may be a pain but i still see them as secondary probs, once ppu freezers are removed we can move on to removing them.

Strych9
08-03-04, 16:01
Who is worse, the one calling people assholes and pussies or the ones who respond? If he's so bad why do you sink to his level? Quote me ever calling anyone a pussy or asshole and I will concede to whatever point you are trying to make.

I dont drop to anyone's "level." Vett chooses to personally insult people and make some pretty hasty assumptions, and some people respond in kind.

It shouldn't suprise you by now. :)

Shadow Dancer
08-03-04, 16:02
I agree. THe freezer pistols are still strong enough to be a nuisance in combat.

The other day I fought this annoying ass stealth spy in pp1. He kept stealthing hten coming back and freezing me each time. That was SO AGGRAVATING! Especially when they spam you with it to the point you're forced to take a stupid drug from your inv to your belt(which leaves you vulnerable), because KK decided you couldn't stack em.

:mad:

I HATE freeze.

DarkFear
08-03-04, 16:05
Originally posted by Cyphor
Is this only a saturn prob? I've not seen a pistol or tank freezer in almost a year now in pvp and then today i came on the forums and seen quiet a few have them in their qb and this post, not sure if it is a certain faction/clan or server? I've not had a huge prob with them, however as i hate freezers il vote yes to anything that gets us closer to having them removed from the game. Atm ppu freezers are still too powerful, i wont be happy till they are absolutely useless or removed; pistol,cannon and rifle freezers may be a pain but i still see them as secondary probs, once ppu freezers are removed we can move on to removing them.

On Jupiter you see Freeze Pistols very very rarely.

The only ones beside PPUs who use freezer very often are the MC Tanks.

Original monk
08-03-04, 16:12
Who is worse, the one calling people assholes and pussies or the ones who respond? If he's so bad why do you sink to his level?

hr hr, i allready typed a nice response and all but right on time i decided that vetterox isnt worth the hassle ... still a tiny reaction:

let em PK noobs on low health in the sewers ... he must find himself very tough then ... with a ppu straped on he's ass to PK noobs mhuahaha, funny lol: noobs killing noobs

while on the other hand he complains about a PE using a freezerpistol (wich freezes like 0,5% :P)

why doesnt he let he's PPU take antipara with em then ??

this thread is a joke ... probably he yust wants some attention so he yust posted the first thing that came up he's mind ...

have fun scikar i dont see why you even put time in this :) you a bit bored atm ? :)

Shadow Dancer
08-03-04, 16:13

That's not the point. The point is, you can't realistcly expect someone like Vet not to catch flak whenever he posts, with the nasty tone and attitude he's always getting with people. If he indeed wasn't being so nasty to people all the time(especially to some people who don't even fucking flame him :rolleyes: ), then he wouldn't have this problem.

Originally posted by SyncError
Interesting.

I'm a pistol PE. I don't use a freeze gun... I used to own one. Honestly I don't see what the problem really is here. If people are wanting to remove freezers entirely, I think that is a different subject. But assuming its okay that monks can parashock and tanks can melee shock... it'd just be annoying that PEs didn't have a real option available for them, ESPECIALLY as it makes the sense for a PE to use a shocker.

Monks and tanks do not *need* shockers. While it is highly useful for them, they both can do an insane amount of damage -- and in one shot mind you. And both monks and tanks can use many high TL AoE weapons.

Spies and Private Eyes however, especially pistol users, benefit the most from shocking their targets. A PE is only successful because they out manuever their opponent, running, dodging, avoiding their enemy. They try to sneak in the most damage before their target can get a lock on them.

Again, I don't use a freezer myself.. but I'm almost of the opposite opinion here. As long as monks can parashock PEs... the people that REALLY need to be manuverable, I think PEs should almost have BETTER freezers available to them. =p

Monks do insane damage? Um no, APUs do "insane" damage, and they can't freeze.

Furthermore, EVERYCLASS really needs to be able to manuver. I don't buy that BS that it's only the PE anymore.

If my apu didn't manuver, :lol:, he would be everyone's biatch. Any class with offense does not deserve a freezer. Hell, freezing shouldn't even be in pvp.

Now, for those who say freezing is barely noticable. I disagree. My previous hybrid used a weak form of parashock when it wasn't nerfed. It certainly didn't glue ppl to the ground but it definitely slowed them down enough so that I can get almost every hit in with my aim.

The slow down is enough to hurt.

Omg, especially the melee freezer. Now that's insane. And it's gonna be higher TL next patch. :(

sparrowtm
08-03-04, 16:19
I wub Vet. He makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. He just needs some luuuuuuuuuuv. *hugs Vet*

SyncError
08-03-04, 16:28
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Monks do insane damage? Um no, APUs do "insane" damage, and they can't freeze.

Umm can I get a no shit anyone? Yes, PPUs freeze and APUs damage. But the point of being a PPU is that you're not alone, you have someone with you to do the damage... like a tank or monk. =p Sorry, I didn't think that had to be said.

As for your arguement about everyone needing to be agile... I'm sorry, I'll agree with you but that is only true to an extent. As a PE I'm not casting AoEs or hoisting a Mal on my shoulder. To do damage I have to do it over an extended period of time. But in addition to that lets look at monks. Once you've targeted someone and casted you don't have to keep your crosshairs on them... it keeps them auto targeted.. hell you can duck behind a barrel and it still hits them. O_o

So yes, you have to manuever enough to look at your opponent. But you can outdamage any PE in one shot.

Clownst0pper
08-03-04, 16:28
We all hate freezers, but I fail to see the problem.

You all have access to them

You all have access to anti shock drugs

And TBH the freeze on the pistol isnt half as bad as the rare melee shocker (which I use shitloads)

Sorry but if you cant beat them, join them.

Sleawer
08-03-04, 16:48
Let drugs stack and add a prevent-freeze effect :angel:

Original monk
08-03-04, 16:54
Originally posted by Sleawer
Let drugs stack and add a prevent-freeze effect :angel:

let freeze stack and have a prevent-drug effect :angel:

hehe, yust kiddin ffcourse

Gestra
08-03-04, 17:12
Freezer weapons coolest things in this game tbh.

Bring back holy para !

Zanathos
08-03-04, 17:19
Maybe Vet was neglected as a child or something.

Seems like hes always tring to inflate his ego each time I see him post here.

At any rate.

I have yet to see anyone using the freezer weapons on saturn OR pluto. I've been shot a few times as a joke but thats it.

I already have decided I am going to get a Freezer pistol, cause you wanna know what pisses me off? Stealthers.

Theres almost nothing that detects them. Anti shock and damage boost arent exactly the greatest things. Damage boost lets you see them pretty easily though. Most smart stealthers have drugs to get rid of that stuff.

True sight sanctum doesnt work worth beans.

So until they do something about that, I am GOING to use freezer pistols on stealthers so I can see where they are on my PE, tank and spy.

But most likely I wont bother with it on my spy or tank, as usually those classes dont have the time to switch weapons like a PE does.

I will use freezer pistols in OP wars, I WILL use freezer pistols on those that attack me or my clan mates at our controlled outposts.

If you guys dont like it, tough. There in the game and I have decided that I intend to use them. (No I dont suck at PvP, Im not the best either)

I have no problem with freezer weapons being removed from the game

I have no problem with PPU's shocking me.

Its anoying, but oh well.

If freezers were to be removed, it should only be the weapons and the PPU gets to keep his shock. (maybe just tone it down, in case you guys didnt know, holy paralysis is still very powerful)

Mattimeo
08-03-04, 17:20
we said back in beta freezers needed to go. I don't PvP, but when I did way back in the day, I hated freezers. I definatly wouldn't be adverse to them being removed from the game.

Cyphor
08-03-04, 17:22
Originally posted by Zanathos
I will use freezer pistols in OP wars, I WILL use freezer pistols on those that attack me or my clan mates at our controlled outposts.

If you guys dont like it, tough. There in the game and I have decided that I intend to use them. (No I dont suck at PvP, Im not the best either)

I wouldnt mind that actually, at least with a weak pistol freeze on me a ppu's paras will be useless :p

Zanathos
08-03-04, 17:23
I've noticed in OP wars, PPU's cant parashock everyone :p

My role at an OP war on my oh so favorite PE is to pick off those that run away or run charging into us, or those that come behiend us.

Psyco Groupie
08-03-04, 17:26
parashock barrel is fun :)

as long as freezers are ingame pople will use em ... its not that bad rly

Celt
08-03-04, 17:32
It's funny, this thread would be be 100x less hostile if someone other than Vet had started it.
Yes, because others wouldnt let their ego interfere, and insult anyone who replied.

I think a lot of people need to stop personal issues getting in the way here
People like vet.

- the point is, freezers should be removed completely, they aren't needed at all and shouldn't be used at all. Stopping people from running away is something I am willing to sacrifice in order to permanently end shocks in PvP. And I don't see why my opinion of the thread starter should have anything to do with it either. [/QUOTE]
The point isnt freezers should be removed completely, this thread is about freezer RIFLES and PISTOLS.

Please show me the post on this thread anywhere near as low as vet's level...

Strych9
08-03-04, 18:11
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
We all hate freezers, but I fail to see the problem.

You all have access to them

You all have access to anti shock drugs

And TBH the freeze on the pistol isnt half as bad as the rare melee shocker (which I use shitloads)

Sorry but if you cant beat them, join them. Until/unless freezers are 100% removed, this is the answer.

Whining isnt a tactic. Using what is available, is.

Rith
08-03-04, 20:10
Back in the old days, EVERY PE used freezer pistols, every day used freezer pistols/Cannon. It was extremely annoying, we all hated it, but since it was powerful and everyone did it, everyone used em. Then they got a little nerfed and slowely people stopped using them.... and we have been free of this piece of shit weapon for a long time....

until recently, Ive been seeing a good number of PE's using freezer pistols again. If you use a freezer pistol... your an asshole, strait out, all there is too it. We ALL hate being frozen and having to use drugs, so why do you have to do it? Counties COULD use disease warefair and nukes on each other, but they dont... they use conventional warfair because its just a general agreement that using that on each other sucks, and nobody wants to be the first asshole.

So far, just as I didnt use ray pistols/rifles because I know it to be wrong, Im gonna try not to use freezer pistols, because I know its wrong. but if other people insist on using filthy scumbag tactics like using freezers, I will have to lower myself to it aswell. I hope this does not happen though.

If you use a freezer... STOP. nobody likes it, nobody respects it, it plain sucks. If you keep it up, everyones gonna use it (it will come back to bite you) and pvp is gonna get real lame real fast. When I kill someone using it, trust me you gonna get a ress kill as many times as Im able to get you ress killed, dirty tactics are gonna be used on you, and Ill go out of my way to make you miserable, not just kill you.

Using freezers pistols/cannons sucks... dont do it.

They typically use them on stealthers

I carry a dam-boost and freezer pistol purely for the stealthers who turn up - if nothing else it makes them go through a fortune in drugs to escape undetected - land a dam boost then freeze on a stealther and thats 3k to debuff quickly :)

I've been frozen by the pistols several times in combat but they tend not to affect they outcome too much - unless both parties are very evenly matched...

Sefran
08-03-04, 20:17
Freeze pistols might be annoying but there pretty useless compared to that rare melee stunner....that one needs more complaining then a freezer pistol....cause its pissing me off i cant imagine what the melee stunner will do next patch my god...:wtf:

Gotterdammerung
08-03-04, 20:19
closed.

(some people, keep your eyes open for pm's)