PDA

View Full Version : Another Crest Idea ... Feedback

Crest
08-03-04, 14:00
In Game chat is simple , you have 1 to 1, Clan , Faction, Trades and a buddy list ...

But What if you create allies, who are either not part of your faction or You dont want the faction to know / spam faction channels....

What would be nice is a Alliance Tab for caht. I imagine it working something like this....

2 Leaders of clans (friendly or not) get together, one will go to hyperterm, and send a Alliance Request. This is then accepted by the other....

Either Can cancel at any time ... This will be a permisions thing so level 13 14 15 can cancel and / or initiate.

Then anyone who does not have it muted within those clans, can hear ... Makes it easier to co-ordinate attacks ...

Where would it be usefull...Currently with clan wars and then with the future of Neo...and DOY where I suspect things are done on a bigger scale and faction allies may be needed

Nippa
08-03-04, 14:13
Yeah good idea crest :P Nice to see u coming with a good idea for a change :P

Crest
08-03-04, 14:22
All my ideas are good all the time :)

Zaq
08-03-04, 14:24
I think DAoC has an alliance chat - it would be great if we had this also

Dissenter
08-03-04, 14:47
Good Idea, another one of those things that 'should' be ingame.

It would definatley make clan's coordination and team work a lot easier.

switchback
08-03-04, 15:30
TBH i would have loved this when i was leveling my spy alt when he was not in clan, especially when i could'nt get on vent and didnt know what was happening. this would have been very usefull

very good idea, shame it probs wont happen, very very much a shame

Fafhrd
08-03-04, 18:58
Very good idea,

chat-channel could be sorted into CUSTOM chat.

5 *****

Psyco Groupie
08-03-04, 19:00
not exactly original but yeah ..

Crest
09-03-04, 09:42
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
not exactly original but yeah ..

Hmm ... I dont ge this ....

The idea came from a need. I did not create the messaging system I agree. Mebbe someone else thought of this idea too ? ...

In the last year of posting i never saw one like this .... but ehy mebbe someone did , if so then a repeat would be in order, if not then justify ?

Archeus
09-03-04, 10:25
As long as both clans have to form the alliance to talk. Otherwise some clans will just use it for smak talking.

Crest
09-03-04, 10:28
I would imagine it been like team talk ... one initiates the other accepts ... at any point either clan (as long as runner has permision) could de-activate the chanel for that clan

g0rt
09-03-04, 10:33
I like this idea. So allied clans can basically add themselves to each others "allies" list and talk across that channel?

Could work and be nice...

Hayato
09-03-04, 12:36
Holy shit great idea!!!! *****