PDA

View Full Version : Exploit ? or fair game ?

Crest
08-03-04, 10:14
My clan logs on about 6 spies and or pe's .. and decide to do a little experiment of Op hacking .... Just to determine a few things like

How effective a spy / snipong squad wopuld be in an op war ....

None the less we take the op and possition our selves for the aftermath .... We knew we were gonna lose ....

Spy Number 1 gets fatal and dies at entrance ... so that was a laugh .... None theless the rest of us et slaughtered, but we did take a few of the tanks and a spy down .... End of Experiment.

I go back to take a look at the vantage points we had and how we could of been more effective ....

I See in local a char called ^... with LE in .... So I look futher and this is of the same faction as the clan who own the op .... Put 2 and 2 together they have a LE Watching the op .... with a small not noticable name ....

I felt robbed, not that we lost but that this to me is an exploit of LE.... If they want to comit a player to scout and watch ... then mebbe that player should be aloud to die ...

This is a bit of a turn around from my view point of LE's cause I have always sais , different game styles deserve different playing .... this does not match a game style and so to me is an exploit .....

naimex
08-03-04, 10:17
wouldnīt call it fair.

but definitely NOT an exploit.

but hey.. LEīs are still screwed.. a drone can still target an LEīd runner but I donīt know if it does dmg if you shoot.

but.. no itīs definitely not an exploit..

Invertigo
08-03-04, 10:18
Originally posted by Crest
My clan logs on about 6 spies and or pe's .. and decide to do a little experiment of Op hacking .... Just to determine a few things like

How effective a spy / snipong squad wopuld be in an op war ....

None the less we take the op and possition our selves for the aftermath .... We knew we were gonna lose ....

Spy Number 1 gets fatal and dies at entrance ... so that was a laugh .... None theless the rest of us et slaughtered, but we did take a few of the tanks and a spy down .... End of Experiment.

I go back to take a look at the vantage points we had and how we could of been more effective ....

I See in local a char called ^... with LE in .... So I look futher and this is of the same faction as the clan who own the op .... Put 2 and 2 together they have a LE Watching the op .... with a small not noticable name ....

I felt robbed, not that we lost but that this to me is an exploit of LE.... If they want to comit a player to scout and watch ... then mebbe that player should be aloud to die ...

This is a bit of a turn around from my view point of LE's cause I have always sais , different game styles deserve different playing .... this does not match a game style and so to me is an exploit .....

yea...but what can be done to solve this without completely removing the LE or not allowing them to enter warzones...

naimex
08-03-04, 10:19
umm invertigo..

you wrote your comments inside the quote :eek:

Quote from invertigo :: (his comment) ::

yea...but what can be done to solve this without completely removing the LE or not allowing them to enter warzones...

Archeus
08-03-04, 10:22
Just have the LE protection disable while an LE player is inside an op. They can't shoot but can be killed, but only if inside the OP. If they die they loose nothing.

Invertigo
08-03-04, 10:23
Originally posted by naimex
umm invertigo..

you wrote your comments inside the quote :eek:

Quote from invertigo :: (his comment) ::

yea im leet like that:rolleyes:

Oath
08-03-04, 10:34
It's an exploit, the LE was not designed for that, the user gained an unfair advantage over your team, as did the clan in question *assuming that he was spying* wich constitutes an exploit.

Le's should be disabled in warzones, in fact they shouldnt work outside of the city ffs, whats the point of it when assholes do things like this, amongst other things :p

1. What is an exploit?

An exploit is the deliberate misuse of weaknesses or bugs in game features for personal advantage.

2. What should I do if I find an exploit?

Contact a Neocron Gamemaster by creating an in-game support ticket. State the circumstances as accurately as possible and include as much information as you can. The Gamemaster may contact you if further information is required and will then forward the case to the development team. Under no circumstances should exploits be announced or otherwise discussed on the forums. Such discussion will lead to an automatic temporary ban from the forums for everyone involved.

3. What happens to players that knowingly use exploits to the advantage of themselves or others?

Players that knowingly and continually use exploits have to expect a permanent ban of their Neocron account or accounts. A permanent forum ban will also be imposed.

4. What should I do when I see other players using exploits?

If you encounter a player or players deliberately using exploits, please write an email with a description of the exploit, names of the people involved and any screenshots you may have taken to exploits@neocron.com. Your report will be handled with absolute discretion.

That said it all.

-=Bl@de=-
08-03-04, 10:38
98% of Cartel op fights we have LEd players watching us/Following us about, I too agree that the should remove LE from outside the city or even remove the LE full stop.

L3m0n
08-03-04, 10:52
LE in OP fights is an exploit because the whole point of the LE is so that you cant be killed, now if your scouting for someone with an LE in so you can walk right up to and OP find out numbers, turrets etc. that is an exploit IMO but will anyone do anything about it? dont think so :rolleyes:

Argent
08-03-04, 10:55
I love LE and LE should never be removed but something should definetly be done about this issue. I'd even consider it an exploit.

Making LE players killable in certain radius (like 400ncmeters) of UG would be one, but not-so-good solution.

s0apy
08-03-04, 11:06
as you said yourself, you were expecting to get overrun anyway, so the LE player made no difference to that. you also haven't described how you believe that the LE player may have played a tactical part in your downfall. i'm highly sceptical of the genuine tactical usefulness of a LE "spy" in an OP war situation - you see it very rarely, i think, because it gives no real advantage to either side. the only possible useful effect would be in the mopping up of the last few enemies in the zone, but by this time you'd have been well beaten already.

you lost nothing in this and to my way of thinking, since the enemy did effectively attempt to cheat (although not exploit), you came out on top anyway.

limiting LE players further my making them killable (but not able to attack) in a warzone is a ludicrous idea since it would remove almost all GRs from the scope of an LE, plus it would render the whole point of an LE utterly useless.

Glok
08-03-04, 11:08
Disable LE in warzones.

phunqe
08-03-04, 11:10
Originally posted by s0apy
...limiting LE players further my making them killable (but not able to attack) in a warzone is a ludicrous idea since it would remove almost all GRs from the scope of an LE...

Excellent point.

Archeus
08-03-04, 11:11
Originally posted by s0apy
limiting LE players further my making them killable (but not able to attack) in a warzone is a ludicrous idea since it would remove almost all GRs from the scope of an LE, plus it would render the whole point of an LE utterly useless.

No it wouldn't. Your under the misconception that people just mindlessy kill each other in warzones. Apart from that you have a load of the map left to hunt in which is not OPs.

phunqe
08-03-04, 11:12
Originally posted by Archeus
No it wouldn't. Your under the misconception that people just mindlessy kill each other in warzones. Apart from that you have a load of the map left to hunt in which is not OPs.

So you are saying that if I had an LE in and met an enemy faction in a warzone, they would not kill me?

Allow me: LOL

g0rt
08-03-04, 11:16
Originally posted by -=Bl@de=-
98% of Cartel op fights we have LEd players watching us/Following us about, I too agree that the should remove LE from outside the city or even remove the LE full stop.

I would say one of every 10 LE users is a legit LE user that is simply looking to do his own thing, and play the game without pvp.

The other 9 out of 10 LE users is only looking to exploit it to spoil the game for others, by doing things like this...

Gotterdammerung
08-03-04, 11:17
Here is an answer to your question, No.
It is not an exploit, a runner with an LE in has the same lattitude to do as any other runner (ie: go where he pleases)
Your first instinct is that it's a runner associated with the clan you are fighting, thats pure conjecture, how can you be so sure? you can't. You never mention that you even saw the runner face to face, you just happened to notice his name in local, again you can't be sure. Frankly a droner with a long range observer is much more effective to see what your opponenent is doing.

So it may leave a bad taste in your mouth, you may not like it that you lost but it isn't an exploit.

Now when other players start to opine on whats an exploit or not that means it's thread closing time

If you need any further clarification on this please send your screenshots to abuse@neocron.com