PDA

View Full Version : Can we take out the Belts

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 05:34
Can we just have it drop like it used to... When i go pking i dont get no loot.. =[ Sad you can't play this game solo with a tank.. PLEASE JUST LET THINGS DROP AGAIN

ZoneVortex
08-03-04, 05:35
yeah get rid of belts

actually, keep belts because it was a pain in the ass to have items decay on the ground...HOWEVER make the belts so you don't have to hack them

make it so they can be looted by whoever did the most damage, yknow? like mobs...

Shadow Dancer
08-03-04, 05:37
yup, the whole belt hacking thing is unfair to a couple of classes.

ESPECIALLY the tank who couldn't even gimp to belt hacking even if he wanted to. At least I don't think so.

Way too much gimpage for an apu too, especially since most apus don't even cap int. :rolleyes:

I wish KK made hacking more useful without screwing other people over.

At the very LEAST, they could make it so that we can pick up belts and take it to a hacker. I propose what ZV said, whoever did the most damage can open up the belt.

And give hackers some other "new" use, so they can stfu. :D

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 05:44
that's a nice idea.. picking up belts and giving it to a hacker.. maybe that would work =D or what ZV said.. but you guys got both good idea's

Dade Murphey
08-03-04, 05:55
You know...I posted a couple different ideas on belts...and all they did was flame the shit outta me...pig bastards...I suggested having belts openable by those who did the most dmg to the person for like 15-30 seconds after the kill...and then after that they go back to having to be hacked...but apparently everyone, including some of the supposed "hardcore pker's" didn't like that...oh well...carebears the lot of them :p :angel:

edit: zone...where the hell were you when I posted that idea a while back :mad: hehe

Invertigo
08-03-04, 06:12
omg yes perfectt idea..

pick up the belt and take it to a hacker and he has to hack it like in his processor or somthing... w00t

ServeX
08-03-04, 06:20
nope, I like things the way they are.

amfest
08-03-04, 06:36
the picking up belt thing could work only thing is .. then there is no danger for hackers and also anyone could just grab belts . . . how about if you take it to a hacker and they can't open it on first try maybe it returns to owner . . . but only if it was picked up .. if it's left on ground you can try over and over . .i don't know >_<

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 06:48
Serve its cause your not a pker...you wouldn't understand

Dade Murphey
08-03-04, 06:57
I'm not a Pker...and I understand :D

IceStorm
08-03-04, 07:44
It's an MMO. If you're a stupid tank or a powerAPU then get a friend (the MM part of MMO) and provide cover while he hacks open the belts of people you kill...

ZoneVortex
08-03-04, 07:49
Originally posted by IceStorm
It's an MMO. If you're a stupid tank or a powerAPU then get a friend (the MM part of MMO) and provide cover while he hacks open the belts of people you kill...

yeah but what if you have no friends that hack...

or if you like to do things solo...

or if the server populations are so low that you can't do shit because there's never even a hacker around....

Dade Murphey
08-03-04, 07:54

just because something is a massively multiplyer online game doesn't mean that you have to be a social players...some people go solo for various reason...some do it just because they aren't in the game for social reasons...some because of time constraints...using what you said as an xcuse is kind of a poor one really...the RPG aspect is there to help allow people play as they want

petek480
08-03-04, 07:55
Well seeing how people can't stop bitching about ppus and don't want to get one to go fight then I think people shoudl be able to kill someone and take there belt without a hacker.

Shadow Dancer
08-03-04, 07:57

Nice line of thinking. Along with ppus.

What's next, you need spies to use a special device on you just so your attacks will hit the enemy?

or you need tanks to carry you across zones because non tank classes get tired too quick?

Jeez. let's not take the MM aspect too far ok?

Drake6k
08-03-04, 07:58
Yes but only if hacking gets something else (that isnt already planned)

ZoneVortex
08-03-04, 08:01
Originally posted by Drake6k
Yes but only if hacking gets something else (that isnt already planned)

haaaaacknettt

Samhain
08-03-04, 08:01
I'd like to see it so you drop your quick belt and nothing but your whole quick belt. Not your (power) armor. Not your inventory. And to compliment the 'locked slot', make it so your 'weapon' is in a new slot dubbed 'hands', which doesn't drop [call it a really strong death grip]

It just seems silly to walk around with 2-3 weapons in your "belt", I think it would be better to have a 'weapon'/'hand' slot that didn't drop, and add a 'next weapon'/'previous weapon' key that would swap through them in your inventory.

then the only things you're going to lose is stuff like stealth activators, drugs, medikits, boosters... and make it so they stack in your quickbelt, that way if someone is carrying like 50, then you get 'em all. it's not much loot - but seriously, when's the last time you got that great of loot from someone anyway, besides the rare occaision it's from a monk or a red sl person [which a better system could be thought of to penalize them anyway, although being killed by everyone with no penalties is kind of annoying enough]

ZoneVortex
08-03-04, 08:03
Originally posted by Samhain

then the only things you're going to lose is stuff like stealth activators, drugs, medikits, boosters... and make it so they stack in your quickbelt, that way if someone is carrying like 50, then you get 'em all. it's not much loot - but seriously, when's the last time you got that great of loot from someone anyway, besides the rare occaision it's from a monk or a red sl person [which a better system could be thought of to penalize them anyway, although being killed by everyone with no penalties is kind of annoying enough]

well that's kinda the point of removing belts is that this way there WILL be a lotta good loot weapons dropping

also while we're at it...

REMOVE THE SAFE SLOT

IceStorm
08-03-04, 08:06
yeah but what if you have no friends that hack...
Make new friends.

PK with a pistol spy, although no matter what class without someone to cover you you're screwed (ok, maybe not PPU, but good luck killing people with belts worth taking as a PPU).

or if the server populations are so low that you can't do shit because there's never even a hacker around....
"there's never blah blah" more than likely isn't true. There are plenty of people with skills around, but they're busy doing things. I see plenty of people who yell for research or construction when I'm on, but I don't offer my services unless I am free. Most of the time when I log in I don't log in to sit on my ass waiting for people to ask for my services, I log in to do things on my own. I'd wager people log in to do stuff, not wait to assist you in your PK pursuits...

Q`alooaith
08-03-04, 08:18
Originally posted by ZoneVortex

If you solo you can't do everything, this is why you solo, not to be the best at everything, but to be dependant on no one other than yourself..

Originally posted by ZoneVortex
well that's kinda the point of removing belts is that this way there WILL be a lotta good loot weapons dropping

also while we're at it...

REMOVE THE SAFE SLOT

I'd be for these idea's only IF.

The old drop rule's applyed, so you'd only have a chance to drop one item from your quickbelt, so if you've nothing in your quickbelt then you drop nothing.

Else there's no point in going out, PKer's like you, who just run around killing people then doing SL mission's and stuff to get around having neg SL get all the good gear, you can't run around with a rare untill your near capped or with a bunch of mate's and a PPU or you'll likely lose it all..

Since the old quickbelt only item's drop won't be comming back, I say a big fat no to this idea.. I aint no carebear, but with people like you guy's around it'd soon kill much of the fun..

Invertigo
08-03-04, 08:21

yes, and since neocron is so MASSIVELY multiplayer, and theres THOUSANDS of people, getting a hacker is easy...

unless of course theres 70 people on the server...

:rolleyes:

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 08:22
all im asking for is somehting i can loot myself.. something i get to OWN.. BY MYSELF... earlier.. me and a friend got ourselves free armor.. i got camo power armor and he got spy armor shit.. iunno BUT STILL I HAVE TO CALL AND BEG FOR PEOPLE TO OPEN IT... and give me the loot...plus what if you wanna kill everyone who will help you

IceStorm
08-03-04, 08:24
getting a hacker is easy...
I already said, make a PISTOL SPY. That should leave you more than enough hack to open belts if all the weapon lore information I've seen is correct.

all im asking for is somehting i can loot myself.. something i get to OWN.. BY MYSELF
So throw on some Inq and go farm fire mobs. No hack required and you can proclaim yourself lord of the Grim Chasers. Or spec 10 hack and kill low-SL people? Aren't low-sl supposed to have easy-to-hack belts?

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 08:28
are you missing the point here ice storm.. I want to be a viable PKER i kill all.. not some boring ass farmer.. you know nothing of this cause you've been playing this game for about 1 year and you still have your fucking LE in...

IceStorm
08-03-04, 08:31
are you missing the point here ice storm.. I want to be a viable PKER i kill all.. not some boring ass farmer..
Then ask around. I buy stuff (looted rares) intermittently from a tank who appears to be a "viable PKER". Either he's learned the art of teamwork, or he choses his targets well.

you know nothing of this cause you've been playing this game for about 1 year and you still have your fucking LE in...
Two and a half years, but who's counting? :-)

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 08:33
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

IceStorm
08-03-04, 08:34
You buy thigns from a tank that farms parts not a PKer.
No, they're full rares, not parts. Rares that are somewhat worn as well, so it's not like they're duds from the clan constructor...

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 08:36
Man 5 bucks its once in a life time oppurtunity.. when was the last time a person with red sl came out of there apartment..kthx your lieing

IceStorm
08-03-04, 08:37
when was the last time a person with red sl came out of there apartment..
There's AN ENTIRE ZONE dedicated to low-SL players now. I have't toured it yet, though. Is there a GR in it so that visitors can bypass potential predators?

ZoneVortex
08-03-04, 08:37
No, they're full rares, not parts. Rares that are somewhat worn as well, so it's not like they're duds from the clan constructor...

maybe he's the [edited so i don't get in trouble] cause the only rare gun i've ever looted (after having played a pvp hacker for 2 years) since belt drops was a cursed soul from someone with red SL, so that was inevitable.......

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 08:38
no there is no gene rep.. and no people do not go to the jailhouse

ZoneVortex
08-03-04, 08:39
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
no there is no gene rep.. and no people do not go to the jailhouse

huh? o_O

nevermind i'm goin to bed

Q`alooaith
08-03-04, 08:42
when was the last time a person with red sl came out of there apartment

A couple of week's ago, at the wedding of [playername removed] and [playername removed]

People with low SL and some real gut's do come out of their apt's, only the wimp's and coward's stay locked in the safety of their four little walls..

Anyway, you could alway's hire a hacker for when you do a PK run, you know, let them come though after you can hack the belt's you made.

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 08:43
trhen when they come back constently while your hacker comes... and you continue to lose SL over and over and over just for one belt

VirtualReGen
08-03-04, 08:44
There's AN ENTIRE ZONE dedicated to low-SL players now. I have't toured it yet, though. Is there a GR in it so that visitors can bypass potential predators?
really? :confused: O_o

naimex
08-03-04, 08:49
well.. it´s true actually..

since the safe slot got introduced. the best thing I have ever found in a belt (when i bothered with hacking) was a 3 slot holy fire barrel.

but it´s not even worth hacking belts anymore.

cuz you get nothing.
thats the main reason i long abandoned hacking.

don´t PK since I see no reason to start a war simply for feeling like killing people.. NF is the solution there.

So all in all.

if rare parts were dropped with equal amount of possibility from mobs then sure. remove the safeslot.

but as long as the drop table for rares is so unbalanced.

then...

ahh screw it, make 1/100 mobs drop 1 part. (statistically speaking)

let´s just make the rares rare again, and everybody run around with non rare weapons.. (seriously speaking)

but no matter what !!!

dont remove belts.. I´ll be damned and cursed and dead long before I will stand to watch my most priced possessions disappear after running through 9 zones in search of my exact position of death, just to see my priced possession vanish into the big nothing just as I have it in sight (actually happened 4 times back in the old days. It´s a pain watching a 3 slotted cursed soul disappear infront of your eyes)

athon
08-03-04, 10:42
I say lose the safe slot but keep belt hacking. Perhaps you should only get a safe slot until a certain level - /30 or something. That way it stops the newbies losing their only weapon if they get PKd, but still allows them to remove their LE and join a clan.

Athon Solo

Lanigav
08-03-04, 10:58
All it would do is encourage lamer ganking, especially towards newbies.

Mobs are for farming items, not players. If you pk for items, then go hunt out red SL folk.

Archeus
08-03-04, 11:09
Originally posted by naimex
well.. it´s true actually..

since the safe slot got introduced. the best thing I have ever found in a belt (when i bothered with hacking) was a 3 slot holy fire barrel.

but it´s not even worth hacking belts anymore.

cuz you get nothing.
thats the main reason i long abandoned hacking.

Because if the belt holds anything intresting the runner comes back and gets it.

So best place to get stuff is in dangerous places. Regants Fortress for example I know there is a ton of high level items dropped there.

.Cyl0n
08-03-04, 11:10
remove beltdrops or let players pick the belts up.. bringing em to a hacker afterwards

and remove the safeslot after a certain lvl

and also... make warzones dropzones...

.cy

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 11:13
heh.. YES YES sex cyl0n

g0rt
08-03-04, 11:13
Can we just have it drop like it used to... When i go pking i dont get no loot.. =[ Sad you can't play this game solo with a tank.. PLEASE JUST LET THINGS DROP AGAIN

People playing this game fail to realise that pvp is 5 times more fun when theres something to lose and something to gain.

The old system was even too carebear tbh, but its better then we have now...so I say yes screw belts and safeslots.

Originally posted by .Cyl0n
remove beltdrops or let players pick the belts up.. bringing em to a hacker afterwards

and remove the safeslot after a certain lvl

and also... make warzones dropzones...

.cy

1. yes great idea

2. even better idea love them both

3. would make op fights annoying always having to go to the gogo and swap weapons depending on what you need, warzones should be left undropped no one at an op fight is there for loot anyway, they're there to take or keep the op...

Archeus
08-03-04, 11:19
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

Good idea, providing the belt itself is pretty heavy, and the hacker who hacks a picked up belt recieves SL loss.

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 11:26
why would the hacker have to lose SL? please explain

Archeus
08-03-04, 11:37
why would the hacker have to lose SL? please explain

Because currently a hacker can hack a belt while under possible fire/retribution, meaning some possible risk for the person getting the goodies. If you could just pick up the belts and hand them over to the hacker then there is no risk so it would mean an increase of GR camping followed by grabbing belts and GR'ing out.

SL loss or hack level of the belt increases x2 (or something along those lines) means risk or harder to get the reward.

Lanigav
08-03-04, 11:40
People playing this game fail to realise that pvp is 5 times more fun when theres something to lose and something to gain.

Unless of course you're the one that loses and isn't uber wealthy in a giant clan.

Not to mention that most PvP matches are hardly fair or balanced. Its been a long time since I've been in a PvP situation where the numbers were even, or some guy didn't try and pk me while I'm out hunting mobs.

Not to mention GR camping. I can guarantee you that people will sit and farm GRs, killing whatever comes through just to get rares. That's bullshit.

If you think LE use is too heavy now, just wait and see what would happen if the system you recommend was implimented. It'd be nothing but a sea of green.

leGit v. 2
08-03-04, 11:40
Originally posted by Archeus
Because currently a hacker can hack a belt while under possible fire/retribution, meaning some possible risk for the person getting the goodies. If you could just pick up the belts and hand them over to the hacker then there is no risk so it would mean an increase of GR camping followed by grabbing belts and GR'ing out.

SL loss or hack level of the belt increases x2 (or something along those lines) means risk or harder to get the reward.

i would have to disagree.. i have no reasons why but .. who cares?

killing someone from an enemy faction you should get a reward besides faction sympathy really.. what if you killed 13 faction enemies within an hour.. wow you get nothing ify our a tank

VetteroX
08-03-04, 11:44
I say still have a belt drop, but th person who killed the guy gets to loot the belt as if it was a mob kill, anyone else but the killer or the one who was killed or is in a team has to hack it. I dont like items to just drop because then you get people running around you clicking the gtound.... and LE's could exploit that.

Ive gotten tons of rares since the safe slot rule, theres still people who carry 2 rares, and people who get red sl and die.

mdares
08-03-04, 11:50
true enough... its really pointless to kill anyone other than to piss them off these days... thers no rewards anymore...

i think the loot time idea (who ever does most dmg gets loot rights on belt) is very good; the pick up belt idea is also nice as it keeps the hax0rs in the picture so they wont complain.

but erm i stil want my safeslot :p had it for way too long :D

(o and along these lines i want a drone that can pick stuff up... so droner pks are more viable and have can rewards too :))

VetteroX
08-03-04, 12:06
I would really like if people droped a portion of their money when they died, or you got xp for killing them or something. Still, Im for the safeslot.... another reason for this is I personaly HATE trading and haggling. Even if I get a 20 CS's as drops i dont care... i have some very rare weapons I dont wanna lose... like a 4 slot slasher, where am I gonna get another? and fine say my pe loses his judge and ive got a bunch of CS's and HL's from people ive killed. "looking for a Judge I have CS's and HL's" "ive got a judge" "slots?" "one" "goodbye" "looking for judge I have CS's and HL's" "I have a judge" "Stats and mods?" "oh its 3 slot, xray, and im a fucking moron, who modded it with a flashlight and a laserpointer even through the freq is 115%" "sorry, goodbye" "looking for a judge, got CS and HL's to trade..." I dont wanna go through that shit.... Basically, in my eyes losing MY persoanl built and modded Judge/Slasher/CS etc isnt worth looting 10 rares from other people. And loot is nice, but i dont care THAT much... the act of killing is the most fun.... today Nish ppued me and my tank ********** like 10 FA's (they had ppus too, we killed at least 3) It was just a great time owning them inside MB and then telling them how much better I am then they are and hearing them whine about it.... we got no loot except the best loot... fun.

VetteroX
08-03-04, 12:06
I would really like if people droped a portion of their money when they died, or you got xp for killing them or something. Still, Im for the safeslot.... another reason for this is I personaly HATE trading and haggling. Even if I get a 20 CS's as drops i dont care... i have some very rare weapons I dont wanna lose... like a 4 slot slasher, where am I gonna get another? and fine say my pe loses his judge and ive got a bunch of CS's and HL's from people ive killed. "looking for a Judge I have CS's and HL's" "ive got a judge" "slots?" "one" "goodbye" "looking for judge I have CS's and HL's" "I have a judge" "Stats and mods?" "oh its 3 slot, xray, and im a fucking moron, who modded it with a flashlight and a laserpointer even through the freq is 115%" "sorry, goodbye" "looking for a judge, got CS and HL's to trade..." I dont wanna go through that shit.... Basically, in my eyes losing MY persoanl built and modded Judge/Slasher/CS etc isnt worth looting 10 rares from other people. And loot is nice, but i dont care THAT much... the act of killing is the most fun.... today Nish ppued me and my tank ********** like 10 FA's (they had ppus too, we killed at least 3) It was just a great time owning them inside MB and then telling them how much better I am then they are and hearing them whine about it.... we got no loot except the best loot... fun.

.Cyl0n
08-03-04, 12:13
Originally posted by g0rt
3. would make op fights annoying always having to go to the gogo and swap weapons depending on what you need, warzones should be left undropped no one at an op fight is there for loot anyway, they're there to take or keep the op...

yea i`m not sure about it either cause it could have 2 totally different effects on the players..

1. it could make people stop coming back 20 times after one war.. like you lost the op - you wait one day before you come back
or
2. everyone will zerg because they`re afraid to loose stuff O_O

but afaik on jupiter its working fine ..
and when i remember .. one tezla fight i found 1 cs 2 libas 1 HL and various other non rare weapons :D good times :)

anyway if you make weapons drop instead of belts or make the belts "pickupable" ( right word ? oO ) then please please make it like WBs.. that you got the rights for 30 secs to pick it up or something...nothing is more annoying than a nub picking up the gun your enemy just dropped you...even more annoying when he got le in :o

and sex @ mega

.cy

retr0n
08-03-04, 12:59
Originally posted by VetteroX
I say still have a belt drop, but th person who killed the guy gets to loot the belt as if it was a mob kill, anyone else but the killer or the one who was killed or is in a team has to hack it. I dont like items to just drop because then you get people running around you clicking the gtound.... and LE's could exploit that.

Ive gotten tons of rares since the safe slot rule, theres still people who carry 2 rares, and people who get red sl and die.

LE's allready exploit that. How many times have you killed someone
in Pepper Park, then call a friend to hack the belt, but then a little
LE noobie spy comes along and starts hacking, and you cant do
nothing about it. That is to me taking advanteg (spelling??) of the
system. He's stealing your loot but you cant do nothing about it.

And yes, have items drop, pick-up belts or whatever. My best loot
ever was from a red SL guy and that was a holy lightning and a
fire apoc. Other then that, it's just medkits/boosters or some lame
piece of armor.

ezza
08-03-04, 13:11
i think the item should still drop into the belt, but for the person who done the most damage to the player, they get to loot the belt, and for a short period of time only they can get it, then after a period of time, the belt would be open to all.

its stupid that tanks(and other classes without hack)can get reward for killing

Vampire222
08-03-04, 13:24
about the rares in belt shit, since the first day the beltdrop system was ingame, i looted like well uhm, 10 or so things that id say re any good, INCLUDING 5 slot non rare shit

yibble
08-03-04, 13:48
I looted a 5 slot Enhanced Tangent Plasma Rifle once from a red SL player... Boy was he pissed :)

I agree that the system does need changing. But I also feel that the suggestions that have been put forward so far would imblance the system. Tugging at threads is not cool. But I do agree that balanced changes do need to be made.

I also agree with the SL loss (or other penalty) for the hacker who receives and hack belts for people... They are, after all, Handling Stolen Goods.

El_MUERkO
08-03-04, 13:55
God no, we dont need to incourage the smacktards of this world to PK any and all, I have no problems dropping stuff in a QB but the hacking thing means my enemy cant just get a lucky kill in the middle of 10 friendlies then swipe my belt if they want it they need to hack it which makes them vunrable.

All you people moaning about Stealth PEs might want to think about this cause if you think they're bad now this would breed them like rabbits.

.Cyl0n
08-03-04, 13:56
if you want the hacker to loose sl then you should rework the sl system tho.. it just cant be that a hacker with 100 sl goes down to - 10 or something like that just because he hacked one belt for his friend...
imagine one clan raiding TG and gettin like 20 belts... who would hack em afterwards ? you would need to do like 40 misions to get em all hacked and stay yellow after it...

in my clan 2 of our hackers have 100 sl .. i doubt they would like to loose it all just for one belt

.cy

extract
08-03-04, 15:42
I dont see why we cant do away with QBs i mean afterall its such a waste to hack a belt and then get something like a stamina booster......

honestly it wouldnt change much, I killed a rifle spy at MB the other day, he was using SH and ROG, i so thought i was gonna get either of them. but no, he had neg SL, and what did i get? a shit fucking deflector......store bought no less.....

i personally never carry more than one rare so it wouldnt affect me either.....nothing good ever drops in a belt, so in reality, youre bitch is a bit worthless...........no offense

garyu69
08-03-04, 15:54
Keep the belts the way they are at the moment.

What would hackers do when they are not required for OP's? And don't say but people will bring belts to you, that just wouldn't happen. People would have their Alts do it, or a friend all the time, so the normal hackers would never get business.

Why should you get a reward for killing someone? Why don't you just make a medal saying 'I killed an unprepared weak ass spy woo me'

its not like you have achieved something when you PK these people because you are doing it unprepared and thats not exactly hard now is it.

Strych9
08-03-04, 15:59
Interesting thread.

One one hand you have Megaman who is back, and who liked the old drop rules.

On the other hand you have the players that do PK but have since grown accustomed to having their PK tools protected with the current drop scheme.

I just saw Sid in game on Saturn as well. I am sure if he makes it to the forums he will feel like Megaman.

Cliffraiser
08-03-04, 16:45

A-Fucking-Greed :D

ezza
08-03-04, 17:12
Originally posted by Strych9
Interesting thread.

One one hand you have Megaman who is back, and who liked the old drop rules.

On the other hand you have the players that do PK but have since grown accustomed to having their PK tools protected with the current drop scheme.

I just saw Sid in game on Saturn as well. I am sure if he makes it to the forums he will feel like Megaman. hahaha i pk'd his nib tank in the canyon other day.

horay for me:D

Zanathos
08-03-04, 17:43
They can have us drop our weapons when they clean up the rare pool and increase the drop rate of rare parts.

Until they do that, I say no.

Exmond
08-03-04, 17:44
YAAA! LETS MAKE HACKERS USELESS!

Zanathos
08-03-04, 17:48
not true!

they are still needed to hack warbots :p and hoverbots......

and other such stuff, dont forget hacking of doors and those useless treasure boxes!

oh oh! and Outposts!

Oh oh! and the soon to be released hacknet!

:D

ezza
08-03-04, 17:56
all you whiney hackers, want something to hack, go hack those ammo boxes in the sewers, there shouldnt be any hacking crap in PvP, winner should get the loot, not have to call in some spy to hack his winning for him

Strych9
08-03-04, 18:07
Sorry, "this will eliminate hackers" is just plain silly.

First, there are ops.

Second, there will be hacknet.

There are currently legions of alts on all servers that are LOMming over to hack for hacknet. So dont sweat the hacker scene.

Zanathos
08-03-04, 18:10
Ive always had a hacker so :p

PHEAR MY UBER 121 HACKING PE! (self buff :D)

Gestra
08-03-04, 18:44
Addendum idea.

If a person does not release. In any zone, can it be made possible for hacker to just rip into there body and hack one item at a time out of them till they log or release?

Would stop people just lying there.

Ehyuko
08-03-04, 18:52
My stance is, if you want to PK go ahead. If you want to farm for rares/money you can do that fine with mobs.

I see no reason why PKers NEED to have whatever another player drops, chances are they already have lots of cash and already have a fair number of items. If you want to be the most evil bad guy you can be and kill everything that moves, you're free to do so, if your REASON for pking is to take others items, then perhaps you should say that that's the actual reason you want to pk, not that you want to rp a bad guy or are fightign for your faction or whatever.

PKers wanted a trophy so dogtags were introduced, I cannot see any reason for pkers to even have a use for most of the stuff they loot so why do they want it so badly? A reward for pking? Isn't that what winning is and what dogtags are meant to be?

For me PKing is about winning and seeing the other person dead, I'll fight even horrible odds just to take down one or 2 more people, if you are not PKing for the sake of PvP, then why don't you farm rares and leave people who just want to play the game alone? It REALLY sounds like these people who want this type of rule just want it to maintain their superiority over others by denying them equipment, not that they want some momento of their victories... aka dogtags. :rolleyes:

Dying in this game is enough of a deterant for me to not want to, you need repairs, pokes and have to wait of 42% SI [or at least I do every time I die, no exaggeration] and you lose an item unless you can recover it in time. It's people that have ppus at their beck and call who face no penalty on death, if this is your reason for this thread then state it.

Exmond
08-03-04, 21:38
Originally posted by ezza
all you whiney hackers, want something to hack, go hack those ammo boxes in the sewers, there shouldnt be any hacking crap in PvP, winner should get the loot, not have to call in some spy to hack his winning for him

W00t! I HACK TEH AMMO BOX I GET TEH JUNK!

borlegan
08-03-04, 21:58
Bah !!!

I have posted the same a couple of months before with more ideas for DOY and no one had anything to say, now that DOY is here and maybe its too late every one has a new thing to say.

alig
08-03-04, 22:24
I like the idea of picking up belts and taking to a hacker but there would _need_ to be restrictions, otherwise everyone who dies, to a mob or someone totally different would eventually loose everything they own......i was thinking of SL coming into it, so a person with say 10 SL couldnt pick the belt up from someone with 11+ SL....that way, everyone that has red SL could get there belt looted by anyone....but for red sl drops it would have to be put to 2 ITEMS ONLY! and slot 1 unlocked as per normal and u can _ONLY_ drop 5 belts in 24 real-life hours cuz ultimately loosing items makes ppl quit and kk and u know it.

Gestra
08-03-04, 22:43
Originally posted by alig
I_ONLY_ drop 5 belts in 24 real-life hours cuz ultimately loosing items makes ppl quit and kk and u know it.

Hmm, Time to get rez killed by a friend 5 times, Then go pking with chance of dropping anything uber.

greploco
08-03-04, 23:09
negatory

Mr Friendly
08-03-04, 23:57
keep belts

why not lower the hacking minimu requirememnt to like around 55 or 60?.....a simple belt shouldnt require more than that unless the person has 50+ SL

it doesnt make sense that a belt is just as hard to hack as an Outpost's security system... @_@

~Drav~
09-03-04, 00:01
Keep belts, so that the item doesent degrade and dissapear if you die while hunting, but, make it so that anyone can open the belt, if they stumble on the belt, its a lucky find, if they PK them then they get their reward.

Ive lost more items then most ppl probably have cause im red SL alot of the time :lol: makes no difference to me, either buy new one, use a backup weapon, or get a new one built . . .

Mingerroo
09-03-04, 00:05
Once us hackers get hacknet I totally agree... It is both a pain in the arse that PKers get no loot... and that nobody ever loses anything anymore (unless due to a bug) so everyone caps and that is it, no more hunting for necessary equipment.

Steve

Aerasin
09-03-04, 00:23
Originally posted by Ehyuko
My stance is, if you want to PK go ahead. If you want to farm for rares/money you can do that fine with mobs.

I see no reason why PKers NEED to have whatever another player drops, chances are they already have lots of cash and already have a fair number of items. If you want to be the most evil bad guy you can be and kill everything that moves, you're free to do so, if your REASON for pking is to take others items, then perhaps you should say that that's the actual reason you want to pk, not that you want to rp a bad guy or are fightign for your faction or whatever.

PKers wanted a trophy so dogtags were introduced, I cannot see any reason for pkers to even have a use for most of the stuff they loot so why do they want it so badly? A reward for pking? Isn't that what winning is and what dogtags are meant to be?

For me PKing is about winning and seeing the other person dead, I'll fight even horrible odds just to take down one or 2 more people, if you are not PKing for the sake of PvP, then why don't you farm rares and leave people who just want to play the game alone? It REALLY sounds like these people who want this type of rule just want it to maintain their superiority over others by denying them equipment, not that they want some momento of their victories... aka dogtags. :rolleyes:

Dying in this game is enough of a deterant for me to not want to, you need repairs, pokes and have to wait of 42% SI [or at least I do every time I die, no exaggeration] and you lose an item unless you can recover it in time. It's people that have ppus at their beck and call who face no penalty on death, if this is your reason for this thread then state it.

Well said. I always thought getting good equipment was a pain. The whole idea of the end game was participating in PvP, not having to go back and camp some cave for loot or waiting for some constructor in Plaza. And all the looter does is sell the equipment to get more cash that they probably don't even need.

You bring up an interesting point. Basically when we die there are a ton of other penalties that make it absolutely obnoxious. Implants falling out, SI and of course decay. Sooo what if instead the killer benefits from these penalties?

For example what if when you kill someone you go opposite to them? You get Synaptic Augmentation (kind of like UT Adreneline), which basically boost up all your skills for a short duration. In addition to that you get temporary implant protection, so if you die in the next little while all of your implants are protected from decay and falling out.

That's just a thought, I think there could be other good ideas as well.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 00:37
WRONG WRONG WRONG.
The belt thing is fine. Your objection marks you as one of those asshole pk players. You're not complaining about not being able to loot during after an op war, (which i would have no objection to) because in that situation there will be people who can hack the belts. You are complaining about when you want to just run around killin folks (probably at least 20 combat rank less than you) and taking thier stuff (which you probably wont/cant use) because youre bored. I disagree that such play is how the the pvp was intended. Yea sure you can disguise your intent by saying "but hes a bad faction to me". But its awfully easy for someone who probably is capped and has as many epics as they want to say that I should be able to take things from people easier, I remember when I was a noob, and this is WAY back, Its a real bitch to spend 7 hours savin up for armor, or a new weapon, or whatever only to have some bored capped out asshole come from nowhere and jump you in the middle of a fight and take your shit...
Sorry, anyone whos high lvl and has less to fear that wants to make it easier to take people stuff is just a chickenshit bastard, say that shit and then reroll and try drumming it up on your own without "twinking" or getting everything from a clan... bet it changes your mind right quick.

Hackenstein
09-03-04, 00:38
Balance. The key is balance. And your Idea isnt balancing. Its purely motivated by greed. And it proves you gain enjoyment out of inflicting pain on other people. Mr. capped tank runs around killing everyone and taking there stuff. Muahahahaha.

Sad really.

For the rest of you. The current system makes it difficult for the tanks to get loot but most of you who arent the above example can make friends with hackers who are willing to give you the loot(you dont need). The system in place could use some tweeking but if they impement the changes gank boy wants done it will be a sea of LE's or people will quit.

And dont forget. There are exceptions to every rule ofcourse. My uncapped seriously underpowerd spy/hacker has been my main from day one. If you need a hack try making friends.

Im for the xp and money from PVP but not a change in Items. If I lost my main gun id be in some serious hurt(or at least inconvienience(sp?).

Sleawer
09-03-04, 00:39
For those who say that the whole idea of PK and PvP is the kill itself, then might aswell remove drops and no one gets the loot.

The thing is simple as this, the person who makes the kill is the FIRST in getting the loot, and the people advocating for hackers to do the job, or get the belts that they did not earn, are just opportunists in an scenario where they do not belong.

If someone deserves the loot that is the person who has put the effort in killing the guy, the person who completely devoted his char to pvp, the guy who is risking his neck in the fight, and not some lameass opportunist who think that can take advantage of a flawed system.

More things to hack, yes, but not at the expense of others.
Protect newb players, yes, but not screwing PvP.

Belts might stay to prevent item decay, but the killer should be without discussion able to loot his prize. If the SL system wasn't so screwed due carebearistic rules, people who earn a living by killing others would be in the criminal status, instead doing stupid missions to avoid the penalizations completely, and bounty hunters could kill them and loot their belts aswell.

We screwed the system asking for these stupid rules with whines, now the system is paying us back the favour.

t0tt3
09-03-04, 00:45
Make the SL usefull....

Take away 5 thing drop shit easy to hack when -17

Give a hacking belt if SL > 30 "if you really wanna be nice its not that hard to get over 30....."

If you are below or ok make it over 0 and when you have bad SL under 0 you drop the belt and you dont need to hack it.
Then you will drop something that anyone can loot and its your choise to get low SL.....

And make this damn ****** -17 keel keeel keeeeeeeel drop 10000 best items shit go away its not even a option!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with mega make it more easier to loot somone that dies, today its not a penalty to die you just warp and get your shit back, and you only lvl in warzones so you cant even drop a belt duuuuh!!!

Its Neocron a dark side not a sims online wannabie game, just be a freaking cop then if you want peace.....

Sleawer
09-03-04, 00:57
I'd add something to that t0tt3, in 4 char servers link the fucking alts into one SL pool, make them like a family so the actions of you alts actually hurt your other chars.

Then re-work the damn SL system, ban completely criminals and their alts from the city, stablish illegal markets with higher prices and smuggler roles, let people to earn a living properly from PvP regardless of race, gender or proffesion, protect newbs with severe rules to avoid gank-city, allow only CA allied factions to see the NCPD status in the NCPD building, screw the stupid rule of 5 items lost but make sure that a criminal has a VERY hard time to regain SL.... so many better ways to prevent abuse and at the same time making it fun.

The current system doesn't work, people gank others regardless of rank and faction impunely, nobody plays the unviable criminal role, in multi-char servers it's even worse as everyone's cousin has at least an alt with good reputation, IT IS NOT WORKING.

I hate the current system, it punishes no one but the dumb or the ignorant, and rewards no one but the opportunist.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 01:35
I love the argument that a player can "make his living" by killing other players... Really, hows that? What do you really gain by killing another player? dont try to feed me some bullpucky about how killing some noob in a dark alley when youre 20 ranks higher is good roleplay, and youre a "serial killer" or some other hogswallop, its simple, You want more reward for griefing.
Negative
Wrong answer.
If Reakktor were interested in the player experience they'd do nasty things to you griefing bastards and then chop you up and put you in tupperware untill they can think of REALLY nasty things to do.
Saito

g0rt
09-03-04, 01:42
Originally posted by Saito Hajime

If Reakktor were interested in the player experience they'd do nasty things to you griefing bastards and then chop you up and put you in tupperware untill they can think of REALLY nasty things to do.
Saito

If ReaKKtor were interested in the player experiance, they would make this game hardcore again. Because the majority of Neocron players want it to be hardcore, but it doesn't seem like it because the carebears cry the loudest.

gostly
09-03-04, 01:47
:mad: PLEASE GET RID OF HACKING BELTS :mad:

it totally sucks to pk people and have to bring a hacker just to get some player-loot...it's fuckin retarded...

the pick up belt so a hacker can hack it later idea...i just dont see how it would work...you would have to pick it up...give it to a hacker...and he'd have to throw it on the ground to hack it?...

personally...i like the idea of belts without having any "Damn. Locked." on'em...just kill someone and whoever did the most dmg gets to open the belt...no hack skill needed...

only thing hackable belts does is give the person that dropped his belt a chance to get whatever he dropped back...which i dont think they should be able to do... :rolleyes:

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 01:49
LoL cause who wants it to be hardcore? the ones that are already set up. Whatever, when you speak all I hear is "blah blah blah I have the advantage and I want it to be bigger".
Talk all that ballsy shit and then re-roll, and do it straight up, no farmed shit from another character, no clannie handing you your every wish on a silver platter. Then try playing "hardcore" see how long you last.

t0tt3
09-03-04, 02:11
LoL cause who wants it to be hardcore? the ones that are already set up. Whatever, when you speak all I hear is "blah blah blah I have the advantage and I want it to be bigger".
Talk all that ballsy shit and then re-roll, and do it straight up, no farmed shit from another character, no clannie handing you your every wish on a silver platter. Then try playing "hardcore" see how long you last.

Hardcore for ever.... Even when I played Diablo 2 played HARDCORE ONLY!!!!!! Its more like a drug... feel the hart beaten faster getting cold and shiver you strike the last hit and BOOOM!!!!

Hes dead... I dont know where I ever had felt that feeling in Neocron its like I kill and he comes back, again again again and again, doesnt loose exp doesnt loose skill just 5% degrading on a imp that was Moveon that can be repped to 120/120.

Its pure bullshit.....

Its not that the drop will disapeare I think more weapons would change owners and that would really be good for the economy, if you cant take it get some skills. To bad there aint no real cool PvP mmorpg that can take som guts to play all the carebears ruin NC and thats true... so true

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 02:18
[edited for violation of forum rules]

Keiron
09-03-04, 02:24
If you want to solo PK, play a Pistol PE. Otherwise, stfu. You can't have it every way you like it. You're the most powerfull class, you can (or at least should) be able to kill anyone 1 on 1. Thus you need some sort fo social interaction to get the look (or a team).

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 02:25
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
keep belts

why not lower the hacking minimu requirememnt to like around 55 or 60?.....a simple belt shouldnt require more than that unless the person has 50+ SL

it doesnt make sense that a belt is just as hard to hack as an Outpost's security system... @_@

hrmm, sounds like a good compromise.

Also, i think it's hilarious how some people are flinging insults to whoever supports this idea, saying they are greifers, selfish, and just want loot, yet they have no problem with a hacker getting the loot of a belt chances are they didn't even earn.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 02:26
well, tzerottthree (stupid f'n name)
makes my point very well for me without even knowing it.
LOL
Diablo II. lol, no that games not old and tired. Might as well brag about how bad ass your EQ character is. Better yet, tell me how great you are at killin folk in "combat". oh wait, you cant, because combat is a level playing field. Its sad, you still play D2 because you have a character thats all set up and you run around killin folk an think youre a badass... so so so sad.

Sleawer
09-03-04, 02:37
Saito stop making stupid assumptions, a player doesn't make a living of PvP by killing newbs, a player gets rewards by killing high ranked players with highly valuable stuff.

And dont put answers in my mouth, read my posts if you don't have a clue of what are we asking. Making necessary to hack belts is not stopping anyone, it's just a part of a flawed system that opportunists in the right class and with the right subskill take advantage.

The SL system doesn't stop griefing, SL doesn't stop absurd gaking, SL doesn't stop anything in this game, it is just a lame excuse to keep ignorants happy. If anything the current SL system and belt-dropping encourages more senseless player killing. The griefer is not scared of attacking anyone of any rank, he doesn't fear the consequences, he has a safe slot and a quick-belt incase the worst happens, he can do fast missions and don't lose a single SL point... so cut that babbling about griefing.

About this game, we used to make a living by killing others, I knew that system and liked it, as many others... but as usual what should have been minor tweaks turned into sledgehammer approach by KK.

Now what has improved? what the current system has done for good?
NOTHING, absolutely nothing.

So in your total lack of the game and in the deepness of your ignorance, you call us 'fucktards' like a ten year old kid... thank you very much for you amazing language, we are not in the kindergarden.

YOU had problems with griefers, YOU had problems with noob ganking, then understand that it is YOUR personal problem, don't translate your hatre here without any single argument. Read twice, trice or the times you need to understand this, but stop being an inmature child.

No one is asking to make n00b ganking easier, in fact I suggested to enforce the system to prevent it, but do not fuck all the PvP community in the process.

God, I can't think in one single reason of why a random hacker has earned the loot of a person he has not killed, ANY SINGLE. The constructor who made the weapon has better rights, the researcher that made the bp is first, and undoubtely the person who put his weapons in a bet of who wins the fight, E.G. the player killer, is in the first place to get the loot.

Stop your blindy insults and arguments, read what we write and try to make a coherent post with what you think that would be better. Then you might notice how wrong you are.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 02:44
LoL. too funny.
I really begin to wonder why I bother.
Well, I'd apologize for the slang if it offended you, but I couldn't care less.
I was simply trying to reach my target audience, the greifers.
Now, when did I name YOU as a griefer?
when did I say YOU wanted to kill noobs?
Do you not realize that by implementing a no hack drop you are opening the door to lots of issues for players who are noobs? Even regardless of your "honorable" intentions?
Its a fact of life my son.
Its called the rule of unintended consequences.
look it up.
Furthermore, when did I defend the SL system?
when did I EVER, IN MY LIFE, say that that reakktor has come up with a balanced solution to ganking.....
never
so get off your high horse and pay attention
Saito.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 03:00

Sleawer
09-03-04, 03:13
Why instead flamming the griefers that want 'only' to remove belts, don't make a suggestion with additional changes like I did?

I hate n00b ganking as much as you do, in fact I think player drops should be based on the rank difference between the killed and the killer. Not that we never suggested it before...

I tend to digress a lot on my threads, so going straight to my point I'd say that changing the 'belt-hacking' cannot be a lone change itself, so at least in that we agree.
The criminal can be an in-game role if it is well-balanced, and that's why I called the SL system, it is in fact connected to the current belt-drop rules.

If RPK'ers had red SL in the first or second kill, if SL was insaly hard to recover (but not impossible), if criminals and their account alts were baned from the city and forced to live in the wastes, if a proper NCPD bounty system was implemented ONLY for good SL and non-criminal faction players.... then the player couldn't avoid the consequences of RPK'ing as he does now, people would think twice before ganking a newb char, and belts would not exist as a measure to prevent looting undeserved items (I.E. defenceless char items).

With the current SL system any opportunist who can hack and fire a gun, can also kill as many newbs as he wants. It's possible to avoid the penalization. If killing is made a proffesion, a role hard to live within and very hard to scape from it; with only that you would cut 50% of the senseless ganking, if not more. But making belts to be hacked, players with red SL dropping 5 items in dead or an NCPD list that everyone can access to... it's counter-productive, people avoid it like plage and exploit the flaws of the system.

That's why it doesn't work, if it worked you wouldn't be so upset against griefers.

In regards to your last post, you shouldn't let your personal opinion of that person going through the good common sense; I know many people in this game that can be like Megaman or worse, but you have to know how to deal with them. I'm sure you can see futher than that, I certainly can.

Someone already said it, the key is 'balance'.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 03:30

Sleawer
09-03-04, 03:47
Disregarding something just because the thread starter is an ass doesn't make you better, you are at least very biased. Not that I don't agree with it, but up to a certain point forums should be free of that kind of in-game stuff.

I understand your point tho.

What I see is a wrong system, one that doesn't work... and aside who started the thread I always take the chance to rush KK into it hehe.
Sometimes a random guy posts an idea in forums... and he gets answers like "NO". Wtf, I might not agree with the mofo, but if he has a point then he has a fucking point, no matter who is him or the reasons he has. Agree or disagree the facts are still there, and if it's not him then someone else will put them straight.

If he's not able to explain further the idea, then I can do that, and if you dont agree with his reasons just take the chance to tell him why his reasons are wrong, but do it in a civil manner (or almost :p).

t0tt3
09-03-04, 04:03
well, tzerottthree (stupid f'n name)
makes my point very well for me without even knowing it.
LOL
Diablo II. lol, no that games not old and tired. Might as well brag about how bad ass your EQ character is. Better yet, tell me how great you are at killin folk in "combat". oh wait, you cant, because combat is a level playing field. Its sad, you still play D2 because you have a character thats all set up and you run around killin folk an think youre a badass... so so so sad.

So mature :rolleyes:
Well no I didnt go around and went killing spree you know there where PvP in that game to :eek: And you know that you can remember things... just because a game is old doesnt mean I dont have any memories from it no I dont play it anymore got tired like any other that plays a game 24/7 for over a year ^^

Just because folks want to fight PvP doesnt mean you randomly goes around and gank noobs... :wtf:

And no I'm not a badass. I like action and CS aint that big just freaking good teamplay game with no more content...

Well I got my nick name from age of 2 wonder where you got your wannabie Tom Cruise name from :rolleyes:

There are a solution to you and that is LE use it 8| :p

Sleawer
09-03-04, 04:31
Just one thing before going to bed :p

We might agree or disagree with the idea whatsoever, no problem, but in fact I liked this short discussion with you Saito.
I'm kind of quote-phobic heh, and for the first time in ages I have kept a heated discussion with someone without quoting me away like a madman.

Thanks.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 04:32
lol no the solution is more along the lines of that educated poster who also responds to me. He seems a standup guy.
I dont care where you got your name, all I see when I look at it is a nonsense collection of letters and numbers. leet speak is not cool.

As for my name, Heh, Tommy stole this one from me, I had it WAY before that movie... but in fairness I stole it from the actual historical bad ass named Saito Hajime from around the time of the Meji era in Japan. shrug.

Nothing else you say really changes the fact that

Griefers=TeH Limp
period.

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 04:36
Originally posted by Sleawer
Just one thing before going to bed :p

We might agree or disagree with the idea whatsoever, no problem, but in fact I liked this short discussion with you Saito.
I'm kind of quote-phobic heh, and for the first time in ages I have kept a heated discussion with someone without quoting me away like a madman.

Thanks.

Btw Saito, I guess the general gripe is that you make it seem like everyone who wants this idea is a greeeefer.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 04:37
I dont care for quotes either.
take it easy, I'll be around, its boring at work.
Saito Hajime
(Saito The Wolf)
Mibu's Wolves
(none of the above info pertains to necron hehe)

t0tt3
09-03-04, 04:42
And those who want them are retarded greifers.
WTF do you need my gimpy equipment for? are you gonna use my brand new Ryker laser cannon... NO. GAWD! you are all such Fukin Fuktards.

Well if I saw you and killed you and looted you I wouldnt keep your Ryker.... because I wouldnt kill a noobs like you. The one I faceing are quite harder to kill and that wouldnt be ganking more a nice PvP fight. To bad you havent experince a fight like that, maybe you should watch the G.0.D. or Fang movie so you understand what this game is all about. Well if you think its hard to get the rares maybe bacuse the pool is poluted with crap. Make all craprares runs and keep the good ones as techs. Its not a rare weapon all got one ^^ So its more a unique powerful thing which you doesnt have.

Good thing I can if I want to GANK you and HACK your freaking belt I really dont care I can still get my loot I kill so duh...

•Super|\|ova•
09-03-04, 04:49
hmmm... this far one of the best ideas was the money drop by Vet. That would also be a possible solution for the inflation NC is suffering from (especially Saturn). And this money drop wouldn't be even exploitable in any way. When you kill someone the victim loses amount of money related to his rank and it automaticly transfers to the person who did the most damage on that person.

g0rt
09-03-04, 04:52
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
hmmm... this far one of the best ideas was the money drop by Vet. That would also be a possible solution for the inflation NC is suffering from (especially Saturn). And this money drop wouldn't be even exploitable in any way. When you kill someone the victim loses amount of money related to his rank and it automaticly transfers to the person who did the most damage on that person.

Yup.

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 04:54
I'd prefer a system where you had faction points that you can only earn or lose by killing or dying to enemies.

See, you can always earn money by farming, selling, etc..

But faction points can ONLY be earned or lost through PvP. And perhaps make some cool items/apts/perks/whatever purchasable with these points.

t0tt3
09-03-04, 04:56
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•

Poor solo APUs :p ok after the small PPW nerf "back to normal" many ranks dropped like 8 points or so but the spy..... and the hardest bastard has the lowest CR =P

If it where the stat rank then I totally agree but the CR is just a showoff thing that doesnt serve any purpose :rolleyes:

•Super|\|ova•
09-03-04, 04:57
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I'd prefer a system where you had faction points that you can only earn or lose by killing or dying to enemies.

See, you can always earn money by farming, selling, etc..

But faction points can ONLY be earned or lost through PvP. And perhaps make some cool items/apts/perks/whatever purchasable with these points.

Hmmm... this idea needs more attention. Please make a thread out of it. DAoC for example has Realm Points. I think some of you know about it. Anyways... this could also bring a whole new interest to the game. Good start.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 04:58
lol do you read?
I dont care where you hunt or who you fight blah blah blah.....
player drops should not be just plain dropped.
the kind of fighting youre talking about is not what megaman is talking about. In the kind of fighting youre talking about there are multiple classes involved in most cases ([edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming], I have been in that kind of fight, and if you believe i still use ryker i got a bridge to sell ya, it was to make a point). in the kind of fight you mean, it should be no problem to get a belt hacked.... in the kind of fight megaman is talking about (read his post, soloing is what he says), hes alone, its 4.28 am, and hes killin noobs.... nobody around to hack the belt.... thats why i object...
now read this again if you have to cause I really dont feel like explaining it to you again.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Saito.

•Super|\|ova•
09-03-04, 04:58
Originally posted by t0tt3
Poor solo APUs :p ok after the small PPW nerf "back to normal" many ranks dropped like 8 points or so but the spy..... and the hardest bastard has the lowest CR =P

If it where the stat rank then I totally agree but the CR is just a showoff thing that doesnt serve any purpose :rolleyes:

I meant skill rank :)

//EDIT: ONOZ! My 900th post :eek:

t0tt3
09-03-04, 05:02
No Saito Hajime I can solo you and hack your belt.........
To bad the only combat that can do that are the APU or a sniping spy 5000 miles away :D :rolleyes:

•Super|\|ova•
09-03-04, 05:06
To bad the only combat that can do that are the APU or a sniping spy 5000 miles away :D :rolleyes:

Actually... now that you mention it. I had a melee tank with 75 points (at least) in hacking skill :) and I hacked many belts with it.

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 05:07

O_o

What's your rof on HL and your mana pool?

t0tt3
09-03-04, 05:09
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
O_o

What's your rof on HL and your mana pool?

RoF 100 and about 370 pool after a HAB I got about 100 psi left to shot 4 - 5 HL:s O_o

Shadow Dancer
09-03-04, 05:11
toot three, I PMed you.

thx :angel:

greploco
09-03-04, 05:12
negatory

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 05:21
I'm convinced.
Tzerottthree cannot read, and has trained a nearsighted monkey to do it for him.

Three, I never said that you cannot hack my belt.... in fact, i never said anything about you at all.... MEGAMANs post (please have your monkey read his post again.) he said that he wants players to drop things so that he can loot them when people who can hack are not around... when would that be... would it be in a clan fight, or op war... no... it would be when hes gankin noobs... I never said you gank noobs... [edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming], but i never said you gank noobs.... and if you gank me, which you probably can even though I know you underestimate me, You'd get ganked inreturn by my clannies, so be it... whatever, [edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming], I'll spell it out one more time...
I POSTED HERE to object to free looting of items because noob ganking would increase... and you know this. I did not say that EVERY one who wants to loot items from anyone wants nooob items.. or that even megaman wants them... but megaman is a known noob killer... I dont think he should be allowed to loot anyone he wants, I think he should be tranquilized but thats another post... and there are others that are like him and worse.... give me a night or so and I'll have a better idea than his... untill then... listen to me very carefully...
I DONT MIND LOOTING IN A HIGH LVL FIGHT FOR VALUABLE STUFF, but when that happens there is always, or very nearly, someone there who can hack... MEGALIMP wants to be able to loot whoever wherever without even having to take the time to hack it (thus not having to hang out till my clannies come and ******** him)... its to MEGAMANS IDEA I object.. not the looting of objects in general.

comprende?
Savvy?
if not have the monkey expain it to you cause I am done talkin to you.
Hugs,
Saito.

IceStorm
09-03-04, 05:22
You'd be turning Neocron's players into mobs with this suggestion. Bad idea, unless you're one of the ones who views NC as a glorified Q3A/UT...

Granted, that's how Vet plays NC, but not all of us forget the RPG part of Neocron's billing.

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 05:25
exactly, icestorm

t0tt3
09-03-04, 05:26
No I want the old system loot what you drop 2.... and just because Megaman killed you doesnt mean hes a noob killer 24/7
Get real, he killed my noob APU back when he was legit v1 dosent mean I need to hate anything that he posts. Funny to see when he and PK where most wanted a whole group hunted them isnt that greifing ? :rolleyes:

Yea take a PPU and 6 more attackers to kill a tank and a PE w/o rares just because you know they drop 5 items, this SL soloution aint nothing but bullshit and you know it. I can gank anyone twice w/o even loose my safe slot and do recycle missions and gain my SL in no time :o

Saito Hajime
09-03-04, 05:32
sigh, I tire of explaining to you.
I wish you best of luck, and I am really jealous...they say ignorance is bliss. You sir are the happiest person I've met.
have a nice life
Saito.

t0tt3
09-03-04, 05:36
Thnx first nice thing I ever seen from you I really hope its addictive :rolleyes:

Gotterdammerung
09-03-04, 05:38
this thread is a blond's hair away from lockdown. Get with the program already and dump the flaming