PDA

View Full Version : [OT]What do u think is individual about where youre from ?

___T-X____
06-03-04, 20:51
The wimmin wear shorter skirts in December than summer :) and the music Mancs make owns

subsys
06-03-04, 20:59
its gray, 1 single colour gray.

welcome to aberdeen the worlds most drab city

L3m0n
06-03-04, 21:01
Theres a shed load of Tractors Everywhere (uk southwest)

joran420
06-03-04, 21:04
rich dumb chicks with huge fake titties

Hayato
06-03-04, 21:05
we pwn with mullets

J. Folsom
I live here.

:p

naimex
the chuches serve lemonade instead of wine at the altar

(another reason not to go to church)

Hayato
06-03-04, 21:06
is it pink lemonade?

naimex
06-03-04, 21:07
nope deep red, so you THINK it´s red wine.. but it´s just boring lemonade with almost no flavour :(

it´s more of a hells house than a house of god

Hayato
06-03-04, 21:08
that sucks at least they could been handing out the pink kind, mmm mmm g00d

L3m0n
06-03-04, 21:11
Originally posted by Hayato
is it pink lemonade?
:eek: :rolleyes: pink lemonade = teh win

Benjie
06-03-04, 21:31
Grantham=Neocron Central. There are like 4 people who play Neocron from here, and it's just a medium sized town. :p

Thats about 2% of the entire Neocron playerbase!

___T-X____
06-03-04, 21:41
grantham, just outside Notts ?

Sanch0s
06-03-04, 21:47
pikies.

SypH
06-03-04, 21:54
Here, we used to blow eachother up or just shoot eachother on an alomst daily basis.

Psyco Groupie
06-03-04, 21:56
Where i was born, Bath .. roman baths and lotsa cool stuff

Where i live now, Essex .. not a fucking thing .. well maybe im the only one not wearing burberry

Oh and my uni ... spagetti junction .. that thing ownz

Benjie
06-03-04, 22:18
Originally posted by ___T-X____
grantham, just outside Notts ?
Yep, thats the one. :)

Glok
06-03-04, 22:57
I was born 20 miles by water from the nearest town, on Canada's west coast. To be completely accurate, I was born in the hospital, but I and my parents left for the shack 3 days later. Yes, my parents were hippies. :lol:

Possessed
06-03-04, 23:08
Ok... since I haven't lived anywhere longer than three years I'll just go over everywhere that I've lived.

Hongkong: Born here, cool because you can buy just about everything you want, cheap. Amazing views and cool food aswell.

Curacao: Some small island in the Dutch Antilles... lots of crime and drugs there atm... best thing about it is that it is a 30 min flight from Miami.

Singapore: Same as Hong Kong really, you can buy almost everything cheap, another plus is Sentosa, small island across a small stretch of water, covered in theme parks, like a water park theme park etc. + like 10 hotels and loads of beaches. And the huge Merlion that is home there.

Holland: Nice country, loads of stuff to do, most people are extremely nice here (I have to say this, they are my country men...), can't wait til I'm 18 and go for a little 'trip' back here ;)

Denmark: Copenhagen must be one of the best cities in the world imo. Wonderful school (went to the international school) clean, excellent public transport... no need for cars. Probably one of the only cities in the world where my parents would let me stay out after dark when I was 10-12. (And I love snow :) )

And lastly England... townies, fuck all to do, shite public transport, shite goverment... schools ok I guess... oh and the weather = weeee

BlackPrince
06-03-04, 23:15
Calling someone a "Yank" or "Yankee" where I'm from would at best start a fight, at worst end up with you kissing a curb.

Vampire222
06-03-04, 23:33
legal weed

Benjie
06-03-04, 23:35
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Calling someone a "Yank" or "Yankee" where I'm from would at best start a fight, at worst end up with you kissing a curb.
Whoa! Where do you live?

mdares
06-03-04, 23:49
having sex as an assignment for a class... and then going to strip joints too as another assignment for a class...

BlackPrince
06-03-04, 23:58
Originally posted by mdares
having sex as an assignment for a class... and then going to strip joints too as another assignment for a class...

I said "from", not Live. I live in Atlanta, I was born in Harvest Alabama.

Archeus
07-03-04, 00:00
Sunrises these days seem unique...
http://members.boards.ie/archeus/sunrise1.jpg

Oh and oddly enough you can see the moon in the daytime, which I thought was the same everywhere

•Super|\|ova•
07-03-04, 00:03
Percental usage of mobile phones in this country is the biggest in the whole world. Oh! And we also drink alcohol ALOT!

//Edit: nothing really speacial in this town I live in... on the other hand it might be the most boring town in the world. or at least one of the most boring ones :)

mdares
07-03-04, 00:04
Originally posted by BlackPrince
I said "from", not Live. I live in Atlanta, I was born in Harvest Alabama.

o my bad...

live in berkeley california (hence the liberal sexual attitude) and am from shanghai china.

]v[ortice
07-03-04, 01:28
Shell Suits :)

SorkZmok
07-03-04, 01:41
The GLA. o_O

Haha, i like my humor.

Dim
07-03-04, 01:44
Originally posted by Vampire222
legal weed
rofl.. that would 've been my comment :D

Furion
07-03-04, 01:44
erm, the only thing special about my town is that theres a big fucking boat on shore, its not stranded or anything, its just meant to be there o_O

the boat is on the right, its actually pretty fuckin huge
http://www.waaazup.com/users/Viruz/pano.jpg

some ppl would say that the nature is kinda special, but im so used to it now :p

http://www.waaazup.com/users/Viruz/photo.jpg

g0rt
07-03-04, 01:51
My city has over 5million residents in the entire G.T.A, and has less crime, pollution and filth then any city 1/4+ its size south of the boarder.

Oops, did I say that?

http://schibilla.de/bilder/sonst/toronto.jpg

REPRESENT! :p

Psyco Groupie
07-03-04, 02:04
isnt there a lil roller coaster on that big tower ? or wrong city ? :)

Doc Holliday
07-03-04, 02:36
robin hood and a whole lot of history to go with it. oh yeah and nottingham forest ;) ( i dont follow footy much but for anyone who does RAWR i have met bryan clough. )

g0rt
07-03-04, 02:44
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
isnt there a lil roller coaster on that big tower ? or wrong city ? :)

no :(

But that tower is the largest free-standing building in the world :p

http://www.railway-balu.net/toront1.jpg

hahaha :lol: ok ill stop now before the americans start flaming :p

Vampire222
07-03-04, 03:53
furion, i swear i seen that place before, where is it

Shujin
07-03-04, 04:11
alot of swamps and alot of reptiles ( south-east georgia ).

+ ben aflek and jennifer lopez have a house about 10 miles away and alot of movies are shot around here lately. forest gump(i used to work at the place where that jenny chick was nekkid), midnight in garden of good and evil, and the generals daughter

http://wtoc.static.worldnow.com/images/incoming/skycam/sky.jpghttp://wtoc.static.worldnow.com/images/incoming/skycam/dwnsky.jpg
http://www.savannah-weather.com/skycam/cathedr2.jpg

2 weird things though...
http://www.savannah-weather.com/skycam/sky11147.jpg the moon is red ALOT here.. dunno y o.0 its red or orange and REALLY big at least 5 days a month here. maybe more.

and theres always assloads of jets and military helicoptors flyin around bcuz i live next to 2 military bases.

Furion
07-03-04, 12:50
Originally posted by Vampire222
furion, i swear i seen that place before, where is it

what place? the mountain or the boat?

/edit: bah, nm theyre both in the same place :p, its a tiny norwegian town called Stokmarknes, if u ever heard of it i would be mighty surprised :lol:

Archeus
07-03-04, 13:23
Originally posted by g0rt
REPRESENT! :p

That has been photoshopped.

steweygrrr
07-03-04, 14:41
errrm its Manchester, we dont have anything unique because everyone has copied us Mancs because they wanna be us soooo much :P

Nah I kid...where im from.....hhhhhhmmm.... Cantebury Cathedral I'd guess...

-FN-
07-03-04, 14:59
Um...

*looks out window*

I have... a silo.

*looks out other window*

and... cows.

*looks out other window*

and... these trees.

*sigh*

and this is why I play on 56k :(

Psyco Groupie
07-03-04, 15:05
lmao
56k is sucky :P

Possessed
07-03-04, 15:06
Same here FN... I can see cows out of my window aswell, hence the 56k :(

(I'm not a damn farmer though)

Endar
07-03-04, 15:08
Well.. Alcohol costs like hell and still everyone whos atleast 13 yo drinks at weekends. Oh and the weed is illegal but still everyone in here smokes it and i dont know a single person who has been arrested for smoking weed.

Yea and because i live here there is a big fecking green field on my backyard and a big mushroom grows in the middle of it. There is a lil fella with a red pointy hat sitting on it and smoking weed and a pink cow flying around...

I think thats about it, and i live in Finland.

Azrael104
07-03-04, 16:00
@ Stewey
Canterbury Cathedral...?
omg...
You mean Canterbury as in Kent, Garden of England?

I lived in Upstreet (small village near Canterbury) for 5 Years before i moved back to Germany...come to think of it, i must be the only German on these boards who lived in the UK so longo_O

Rieper
07-03-04, 16:24
more 17th century buildings in my city than all of the US...
and lotsa other shit. London > All tbh.

•Super|\|ova•
07-03-04, 16:32
Originally posted by Endar
Well.. Alcohol costs like hell and still everyone whos atleast 13 yo drinks at weekends. Oh and the weed is illegal but still everyone in here smokes it and i dont know a single person who has been arrested for smoking weed.

Yea and because i live here there is a big fecking green field on my backyard and a big mushroom grows in the middle of it. There is a lil fella with a red pointy hat sitting on it and smoking weed and a pink cow flying around...

I think thats about it, and i live in Finland.

Are you saying even your mom and dad has been arrested for smokking weed? o_O

Rieper
07-03-04, 19:30
uhm, hes saying he doesnt know anyone whos been arrested for smoking weed o_O

:p

Endar
07-03-04, 19:37
Rieper: Yeah :D

Supernova: Missäs kaupungissa muuten asustelet?

Rieper
07-03-04, 19:45
Originally posted by Rieper
more 17th century buildings in my city than all of the US...
and lotsa other shit. London > All tbh.

hehe

•Super|\|ova•
07-03-04, 19:46

Supernova: Missäs kaupungissa muuten asustelet?

Pikku paikka nimeltä Parkano. Tampereelle muutan tosin kesällä.

DestructionUK
07-03-04, 19:53
oh the reading rock festival or carling weekend or what ever its called now, been sucky the last few years but hey..
Click mehh.. (http://www.readingfestival.com)
:D:D:D:D:D

Dribble Joy
07-03-04, 19:55
Salisbury Cathedral - Started in 1220, completed by 1258, with the Spire, the tallest in England (123m/404ft) added a generation later.

People think it's really big, but I went to school within 100 yrds of it for 7 years, so it's just the cathedral to me. You can see it for miles, you aren't allowed to build more than a cirtain height within the city limits.

We also have the 3rd largest pub density for a city in the UK, behind Edinburough and Glasgow. (60k people in Salisubury)

To name but a few:
The Star, The Queens Arms, The Huntsman, The Windam Arms, The Tollgate, The 5 Bells, The Pheasant, The Royal George, The Swinging Cat, The Ale and Cider House, The Slurping Toad, The Haunch of Venison, Cafe Pride (****** bar, previously the Cafe Prague), The Cloisters, The White Heart, The Wig and Quill, The Old Ale House, The Bishop's Mill, The Town House, The Clock Tower, The Bull, The Froth-Blowers Arms, The Cathedral Hotel, The Vestry, The Duck, The Bell. Holy Fuck I could go on forever, that isn't even including the bars/clubs.

Nexxy
07-03-04, 19:55
erm 2 of the biggest shopping centers in the country are within 10mins away....

essex>you

Endar
07-03-04, 20:10
Supernova: Olin joskus muistaakseni Parkanolla jonkun kaverin kämpillä bilettämässä :) En kyl tiedä miten me sinne eksyttiin...

ServeX
07-03-04, 20:17
http://www.frias.myrealestatebroker.net/images/downtown.jpg

miami

...fine girls, great weather

___T-X____
08-03-04, 02:41
http://www.waaazup.com/users/genesis/boiffs.jpg

another good thing

Forget My Name
08-03-04, 03:19
New York City.

Central hub of all cities.... Best of the Best...

More Puerto Ricans than Puerto Rico.