PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! UT 2004 Demo

seratoz
06-03-04, 08:31
Ok so i have made up my mind, Neocron is for my rpg games, BUT I WILL BOW TO TEH GODLINESS OF Unreal Tournament for ever now for pure pvp. You gotta play this demo...... It makes my *special area* tingle :D go to....... http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php

tons of mirror sites too, unfortunately they are no faster than aout 450k/sec

Dade Murphey
06-03-04, 08:41
I tried it tonite at my friends house...I have to say, I was rather impressed...was good fun even though I got horribly **********...haha

Invertigo
06-03-04, 09:02
ive been playing that alot lately, everyday...it pwns:D

XSuneX
06-03-04, 09:14
I don't know, UT seems not to much on the tactics side and more like just jumping and running around alot.

All it is, is hurry up and kill again or hurry up and die. Even that new base mode has flaws, Unreal 2 XMP has more tactics and is like a year old.

Cricket_Eater
06-03-04, 09:14
I already pre ordered the special DVD edition :)

Hayato
06-03-04, 10:53
its the pwn me thinks

StrongSad
06-03-04, 11:01
BF42 wannabe, meh....same old UT2k3 just with a few hover bikes. Fun but no depth.

Benjie
06-03-04, 11:13
I downloaded that a while ago. I think it's great, I can't wait for the UK release! :)

Psyco Groupie
06-03-04, 11:13
no game has the same pvp as neocron, no game ive played pulls of the medic class as well as neocrons ppu (however overpowered they may be), also in nc you have to setup your character to resist weapons, and use weapons that people may not be resisting etc ...

ut is good, but its too easy with one shot kill weaps like the plasma rifle, but i do admit it looks pretty cool and the new play styles are pretty neat

Zu (Pluto)
06-03-04, 11:50
It also depends on which crowd you play with. I'm unclanned as I play this sort of game as a pick-up-and-play-for-a-bit, and so it's a bit of pot-luck who's on the server I picked. Sometimes I get the hoppy-bunnies-of-doom who seems to be out just to "win" on some personal scale and it's not fun. Other times it's really cool as a bunch of people who don't really know each other work very basic team tactics (not planned tactics, just stick together and work sensibly) and just "play the game". I generally don't mind having the stuffing fragged out of me by superior opponents so long I had fun.

I had similar experiences in JK. You get the super-boring one-trick muppets and those who like me seem to be there to have fun and therefore don't try to abuse the limitations of the implementation. Players who stick to the "if the game allows me to do it then it must be right" gets on my nerves after a bit. They've clearly never tried to design any form of idjit-proof rules-set! IMHO they are also the kinda people to tend to break things (game or RL) as they abuse the hell out of the spirit of the system. And that's only ever detrimental to everyone.

Anyway, pre-ordered my DVD version. I've got that 5(!) GB sitting waiting on my HD for it. Lots of new games to play this month. :)

Zu

nobby
06-03-04, 12:03
someone make a server for us to use!

VetteroX
06-03-04, 13:15
dont see whats good about it... graphics are unimpressive (compaired to what else is out) its not even gory... good shooting multiplayer is bf1942. Good deathmatch or capture the flag type play is solder of fortune 2.... id much rather kill someone with real weapons that are still fun like a shotgun (flack cannon is just a goofy looking shotgun) or m16 with m203 grenade laucher attached.

Elric
06-03-04, 13:28
Vet, yer right, SoF2 does those modes better.

But, one thing about the demo, the graphics are actually limited in the demo to save on file size.

The actual retail version will have double the texture quality of the demo release.

so, in the full release, more gore, more gibs, better looking. :D

•Super|\|ova•
06-03-04, 13:31
Fuck these candy-FPS-games. Q3RA is the pwns! :D

Elric
06-03-04, 13:33
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Fuck these candy-FPS-games. Q3RA is the pwns! :D

bleh

Quake 1 owned everything, and still does to a certain extent.

Never ever liked the sequels.... utter shit in comparison to the superior original. (gameplay wise obviously, the graphics are better obviously)

Elric
06-03-04, 13:39
my slighjtly more indepth view of ut2k4...

Capture flags mode.

As stated, SoF2 does the capture the flag mode thing better.

Dethmatch.

Nothing will ever match the pure class of Quake for deathmatch action (original Quake)

TDM.

dunno bout this one. But best TDM games I've played were CS and Call Of Duty.

Onslaught

Very cool, but BF:1942 and C&C:Renegade does it better and on a bigger scale

All in all, I WILL buy the new unreal, cos its got its good fun elements.

But, theres nothing original in there and nothing there that it does better than its competition. Shame really, would be a groundbreaking game otherwise.

Benjie
06-03-04, 15:55
Originally posted by Elric
bleh

Never ever liked the sequels.... utter shit in comparison to the superior original. (gameplay wise obviously, the graphics are better obviously)
That is so true.

You could put Quake 2 & 3 plus all the expansion packs together and they would still pale in comparrison to the orrigional. Graphics aside of course. (except for gibs>getting 1 last shot in)

Especially considering Quake 1 came out before computers where even invented. (well, it's old anyway)

alig
06-03-04, 16:04
Originally posted by VetteroX
dont see whats good about it... graphics are unimpressive (compaired to what else is out) its not even gory... good shooting multiplayer is bf1942. Good deathmatch or capture the flag type play is solder of fortune 2.... id much rather kill someone with real weapons that are still fun like a shotgun (flack cannon is just a goofy looking shotgun) or m16 with m203 grenade laucher attached.

:wtf: graphics are not impressive:lol: show me a sof2 screenshot or a bf1942 screenshot:rolleyes: the only other game ive played recently that looks like it is worth playing that is better gfx than ut2004 and that is farcry [btw, the textures are reduced to 512x512 to make the demo smaller to dl...in retail they will be 1024x1024, something like 4 disc's....the more disc's the more data, the more data, the better the game is] and as for the gore, it isnt supposed to be like sof2 gore, sof2 is based on real-life sort of....the only difference is CS does it 20times better than any other without any gore and on a 5 yr old game, gore doesnt make the game l33t.

=Chojin=
06-03-04, 18:22
Love the game. (http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/62-Ch0-pwn1.jpg)

greploco
06-03-04, 18:59

oh I so agree

http://64.177.97.97/files.htm

grab the FDE videos for massive quake action

but............

the UT is impressive, and I'm not easily impressed

graphics, netcode, etc. it's clean and more than that -- boggart fun!

[TgR]KILLER
06-03-04, 19:48
UT2k4 r0x.. it aint like ut2k3 that sucked :p

finaly the private warserver arrived thursday O.o we'r in action..

15 march is the official release.. preorderd the special dvd version today..

Tratos
06-03-04, 19:50
i love the game will deffinetly be getting the full version

the vehicles PWN!

~Tratos

Psyco Groupie
06-03-04, 19:51
/me damns uni connex

I doubt its anything more than plasma rifle spam tho