PDA

View Full Version : My 40 personal Fixes

Clownst0pper
05-03-04, 19:29
Here is a list of everything which needs fixing in Neocron.

1. Return APU's HL dmg to what it used to be.
2. Retain APU's negative agility on PA
3. Remove PPU catharsis sanctum, retain self cast catharsis
4. Lower Devourer dmg to its previous dmg
5. Slightly lower CS damage
6. Reduce Judge damage, Increase liberator 'hit' amount, and correct its aiming.
7. Remove the + dex from PE PA, and instead increase its resist's slightly.
8. Make stealth spy only
9. Add a recharge time to each stealth, the longer the stealth, the longer it takes to charge.
10. Add soul clusters to APU's, When the soulcluster is cast and it hits a mob/player it leeches HP and gives it the APU.
11. Give PE's something specific <insert toy here>
12. Remove parashock completely except from melee shockers, but retain the 'light' slowness it gives.
13. Make melee by-pass Shelters+Deflectors
14. Remove the negative athletics given by tank PA, instead make it equal to the melee PA, and just give negative melee.
15. Lower 4th PA's to 130 dex/str/psi and increase there bonus's a good amount.
16. Increase the PE 4th PA to 110 dex (with the same principle increasing its bonus's)
17. Make PPU buffs linked to the PPU. Once the PPU is killed, those he buffed loose there buffs instantly. In essence, the PPU is the source.
18. Increase sniper rifle ROF
19. Increase tank AOE ROF, and up there dmg equal to there TL.
20. Reduce the mana cost of rare barrels
21. Reduce the distance a riggers drone can travel.
22. Give 10% impairment to a droner when there drone is killed.
23. Increase drones armour slightly more.
24. Remove 'rare' drones from the tech pool, instead, make them shop bought, which then have to be researched, and have slot chances like every other weapon.
25. Reduce the construct/research time of drones.
26. Add droner PA
27. Reduce the spy xray suit to 100 and give it slightly varied resists.
28. Give weapon mods equal mods to that of psi spells, atm modding spells to high % is too easy, but hard for weapons, make weapons have the same mod %'s and amount.
27. Make Ultima mods drop whole.
28. Clear the rare pool, increasing weapons TL's isnt always the answer to everything KK.
29. Add GR's to faction HQ's when you port to these you do not get impairment.
30. Holy Anti buff should remove all players buffs, retain its ROF.
31. Lower blessed spell requirments, and make hybrids a viable class.
32. Give droners the ability to actually hurt PPU buffed players.
33. Holovest's should be like datacubes. Program them once like a apartment key. Class you wish to look like : Tank - Faction you wish to appear as : Fallen Angels - Name you wish to adopt : Koro
it is then that from then onwards.
34. Increase the money cap.
35. Clan wars should work
36. Do not punish those with negative SL by making them drop all there weapons, remove the safe slot only.
37. Make PP1, PP2, PP3 one large zone, not 3.
38. Increase tank defence, as atm, without a shelter, dispite capped resists, they still take 2 much damage.
39. Increase Fire Apocalypse ROF to 105/min
40. Make medikits equal to TL 3 heal, however, when using the medikit, the user's speed is reduced as they "fix" there wounds.

I have more but I have to go out, Personal fix's some you may agree with, some you may not. :p

Argent
05-03-04, 19:35
I think I agree with part 35......

Clownst0pper
05-03-04, 19:43
I think I agree with part 35......

So you dont want money increased?

You dont want devourer dmg lowered?

You dont want parashock removed?

You dont want droner PA?

You so havnt read it.

.Cyl0n
05-03-04, 19:48
i disagree with 1,3,13,18,30 ( LOL ) and 37 ( nice idea but the guards oO-i dunno )

the rest looks cool :)

.cy

/€

1 - simply no.. apus are fine as they are now finally

3 - why ? i dont see a problem with cath sanctum imo... it takes alot of mana and has a high rof..

13 - melee is already strong..and with the next patch melee will get another boost.. if KK manages it to fix the netcode with doy melee will get ANOTHER boost.. so no.. they dont need it

18 - no man.. not with those new spririt bullets o_O

30- wont even comment on that.. lol

37 - its a nice idea but hmmm the guards would ruin it i guess =/

WebShock
05-03-04, 19:48
I dont like most of these

apu needs love

Argent
05-03-04, 19:53
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
So you dont want money increased?

No.

You dont want devourer dmg lowered?

Maybe a tiny bit.

You dont want parashock removed?

I want it changed, not removed.

You dont want droner PA?

I don't have droner so I don't know if they need PA or not.

You so havnt read it.

Did I say that I disagree with all the other points than 35? I merely made it clear that 35 is the most important of all.

Sleawer
05-03-04, 19:54
I'd extent idea 37 to all Neocron... you still would change zone of course, but eliminating synch points is...

*drools*

Wish there was a way to do it in this game without increasing the fps x1000.

:(

Overall I agree with your points, I notice that you are not a biased person.

-FN-
05-03-04, 19:57

6. Increase liberator 'hit' amount, and correct its aiming.

16. Increase the PE 4th PA to 110 dex (with the same principle increasing its bonus's)

24. Remove 'rare' drones from the tech pool, instead, make them shop bought, which then have to be researched, and have slot chances like every other weapon.

26. Add droner PA

28. Give weapon mods equal mods to that of psi spells, atm modding spells to high % is too easy, but hard for weapons, make weapons have the same mod %'s and amount.

40. Make medikits equal to TL 3 heal, however, when using the medikit

That's what I agree with.

Mattimeo
05-03-04, 19:58
I agree with 11, 22-26, 28#2, and 35.

Clownst0pper
05-03-04, 20:04
Overall I agree with your points, I notice that you are not a biased person

Ive had every class and have been playing for almost 2 years now I think. So its just what id like to see, thanks neway

Candaman
05-03-04, 20:10
Agree with

6. Increase liberator 'hit' amount, and correct its aiming.
8. Make stealth spy only
9. Add a recharge time to each stealth, the longer the stealth, the longer it takes to charge.
26. Add droner PA
28. Clear the rare pool, increasing weapons TL's isnt always the answer to everything KK.
33. Holovest's should be like datacubes. Program them once like a apartment key. Class you wish to look like : Tank - Faction you wish to appear as : Fallen Angels - Name you wish to adopt : Koro
36. Do not punish those with negative SL by making them drop all there weapons, remove the safe slot only.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Benjie
05-03-04, 21:19
I don't care.

I've stopped caring.

They could make TL3 equal to Holy Heal and make the pulsar pistol the most powerfull weapon in the game for all I care.

g0rt
05-03-04, 21:52
Alright then you ready for my opinions koro? :p

1. agree
2. agree
3. disagree, holy cath sanc isnt even that great because it effects the enemy
4. agree
5. disagree, i think heavy weapon dmg is great atm with the exception of hte dev that didnt need the 20% boost
6. disagree with judge nerf its what a tl100 weapon should be, but agree with liberator point
7. disagree, would make judge/rolh/rog/boh 100% gimp like they all used to be, and make PE setups even more cookie cutter then they already are
8. BIG AGREE, pes should never have stealth
9. agree
10. agree
11. agree, i think every PE's dream "toy" would be PA that looks slick and sexy like a PE should look, like a tux or something
12. disagree, keep parashock for pvm but disable high level parashock for pvp, still allow low level parashock though for those pussies who just run and run and run and run
13. disagree i believe that would be intensly overpowered, especially after the next patch
14. partially agree, but it could make that PA too good
15. big agree, they're all useless atm
16. disagree, again would make it hard to use any decent h-c weapon on a PE without complete gimpage
17. big agree, every "healer" class in any game should be like this
18. HUGE agree - sniping is useless in NC atm, you can just run thru a zone or behind a wall and thats it, the SH should have twice the size of clip and 35/min or so instead of 24/min cap, make it so you can actually SNIPE with the sniper rifle..not just tap the guy once and watch him hide
19. disagree with ROF, capped ROF on tank aoe is huge already, but i do agree with higher dmg...
20. agree
21. disagree
22. agree
23. disagree, completely remote class shouldn't have thier own armor imo, epsecially since drones are SO easy to cap as it is
24. big agree
25. agree
26. disagree, droners are completely remote unless its a helm or something i dont think they need it, also drones are so EASY to cap
27. agree
28. agree
27. disagree, too easy to make artifact weapons as it is imo
28. agree
29. agree
30. disagree reapplying boosters is nothing but a timesink and a pain in the ass, theres no "strategy" to it at all like there is with recasting s/d/heals....i believe boosters should last hours like in any other mmorpg, waste of time casting them all every 10 minutes
31. disagree they're already more then viable, people are just scared to try different setups atm...a properly setup hybrid cannot be beat 1v1 right now, no way in hell
32. agree
33. agree
34. big agree
35. HUGE AGREE ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME KK DID THIS
36. big agree, red SL should be viable...red should mean pker, and people should be scared and running....red right now means EVERY GANK THE GUY SO WE GET HIS ITEMS!
37. would be nice but i doubt the engine could handle it...but yeah theres WAY too many zonelines in neocron as it is imo
38. yeah but nwo that thier weapons are uber i think it works out? if they nerf HC down, then i agree....there should be MORE of a bonus to having HUGE resist numbers...not like the difference between 125 and 150 energy resist is 3dmg from a cs
39. agree if they slightly lower the dmg, VERY slightly
40. hrmmm ill stay neutral im not a medkit user anyway :p

U down? :p

Opar
05-03-04, 22:00
Dude, i agree with you on all points except the #38.

Benjie
05-03-04, 22:02
Originally posted by Opar
Dude, i agree with you on all points except the #38. I would strongly agree with #38 if they made shelter and Deflector self cast only, (which would be awesome) but as it stands, I agree with you Opar.

Clownst0pper
05-03-04, 22:02
I think KK should pay attention. :D

LOL @ Benjie, that made me piss.

Thanks zoneseek :cool:

Benjie
05-03-04, 22:07
*edited*:p
soz clownstopper.:)
<3

Clownst0pper
05-03-04, 22:11
I was laughing at that you dont care how this game goes :lol:

They could make TL3 equal to Holy Heal and make the pulsar pistol the most powerfull weapon in the game for all I care

I found it very funny :)

Opar
05-03-04, 22:15
BTW, gonna rate this 5 stars. Great list.

Clownst0pper
05-03-04, 22:18
Thanks Opar, anyone else feels the need, feel free :angel:

Shadow Dancer
05-03-04, 22:35
1.I agree OR give them reticle

2.Agree

3.agree

4.agree

5.disagree

6.No comment

7.No comment

8.disagree

9.disagree, sounds interesting though

10.undecided

11.agree *cough* jetpacks *cough* :p

12.agree with removing freezing effect.

13.Undecided. Melee does good damage now, heavy to a monk. Might be too much.

14.disagree

15.no comment

16.disagree

17.Interesting. Would like to hear a more detailed version.

18.Hrmm. Undecided.

19.Hrmm. Undecided.

20.disagree

21.O_o

22.disagree

23.big disagree

24.no comment

25.no comment

26.no comment

27.agree

28.agree, definitely.

29.agree

30.only if it's mana cost is upped

31.You would need a way to stop a hybrid from bless healing during combat first.

32.You mean by doing mega damage in addition to being incredibly hard to target and in the sky? nah no thanks

33.hrmmm, i like it. Undecided though.......

34.Undecided

35.um yes? This should have been done ages ago.

36.disagree

37.If it doesn't make my fps go to -500, then sure. :D

38.NO, major disagree

39.agree

40.ooohhh i like.

IceStorm
05-03-04, 22:58
You can have that if you also add a Distract Mind function to Stealth.

The Stealth tool is not only used for PvP. Your change will make it difficult for those of us who use it for PvM.

The rest I don't care much about, although I'd rather have a bank that works than an increase in my wallet size (and ideally, a return to cash cubes). If Holovests are going to be like datacubes, I better be able to research and construct them.

Zith Caldir
06-03-04, 00:59
01. yes, deffinetly
02. rgr
03. negative
04. yup yup
05. maybe
06. no, yes, yes
07. ah, HELL no
08. also a big no
09. very very big no
10. no no no no NO
11. yes yes yes yes YES
12. parashock = leet. make it do less freeze, yes...but remove, no
13. why not remove shelter/deflector completely then? how about no?
14. yes, that's a very good idea
15. maybe...
16. hmm...maybe also
17. that would be nice, but what about if the ppu fatals?
18. YES
19. YES
20. hmm...yes
21. why not take droners out completely?
22. droners aren't that great to begin with, don't nerf them anymore (yes, i have a near capped droner)
23. oh god yes
24. i agree with this one...
25. that's not very needed, but good idea anyway
26. why hasn't this been done yet? make it purple...or red...something other than blue or gray...
27. yes, do this much much now...and don't make them so rare, either
28. maybe
29. maybe half impairment...not none
30. does it not do this?
31. no, you wanna hybrid, you take the setbacks
32. yes, very much so
33. that would be nifty
34. YES
35. YES
36. YES!
37. NO! they're split up for a reason (i think) you got TS in one zone, and BD in the next...and 3 is...well...it's another zone... maybe turn it into 2 zones instead of 3?
38. and make tanks even more uber?
39. increse ROF = less damage
40. i like this idea

Wank3r
06-03-04, 01:15
Some funny one's there....Number 7 is totally crap, the whole point of PA is for extra Dex/PSI/Str or whatever

mdares
06-03-04, 01:40
1. Return APU's HL dmg to what it used to be.- YES
2. Retain APU's negative agility on PA- YES
3. Remove PPU catharsis sanctum, retain self cast catharsis- NO
4. Lower Devourer dmg to its previous dmg- YES
5. Slightly lower CS damage- YES
6. Reduce Judge damage, Increase liberator 'hit' amount, and correct its aiming.MAYBE
7. Remove the + dex from PE PA, and instead increase its resist's slightly.NO
8. Make stealth spy only- YES
9. Add a recharge time to each stealth, the longer the stealth, the longer it takes to charge.MAYBE
10. Add soul clusters to APU's, When the soulcluster is cast and it hits a mob/player it leeches HP and gives it the APU.- YES
11. Give PE's something specific <insert toy here>- YES
12. Remove parashock completely except from melee shockers, but retain the 'light' slowness it gives.- YES
13. Make melee by-pass Shelters+Deflectors- YES
14. Remove the negative athletics given by tank PA, instead make it equal to the melee PA, and just give negative melee.NO
15. Lower 4th PA's to 130 dex/str/psi and increase there bonus's a good amount.- YES
16. Increase the PE 4th PA to 110 dex (with the same principle increasing its bonus's)- YES
17. Make PPU buffs linked to the PPU. Once the PPU is killed, those he buffed loose there buffs instantly. In essence, the PPU is the source.- YES
18. Increase sniper rifle ROF- YES
19. Increase tank AOE ROF, and up there dmg equal to there TL.- YES
20. Reduce the mana cost of rare barrels- YES
21. Reduce the distance a riggers drone can travel.- YES
22. Give 10% impairment to a droner when there drone is killed.NO
23. Increase drones armour slightly more.- YES
24. Remove 'rare' drones from the tech pool, instead, make them shop bought, which then have to be researched, and have slot chances like every other weapon.- YES
25. Reduce the construct/research time of drones.- YES
26. Add droner PA- YES
27. Reduce the spy xray suit to 100 and give it slightly varied resists.- YES
28. Give weapon mods equal mods to that of psi spells, atm modding spells to high % is too easy, but hard for weapons, make weapons have the same mod %'s and amount.- YES
27. Make Ultima mods drop whole.- YES
28. Clear the rare pool, increasing weapons TL's isnt always the answer to everything KK..MAYBE
29. Add GR's to faction HQ's when you port to these you do not get impairment.- YES
30. Holy Anti buff should remove all players buffs, retain its ROF.- YES
31. Lower blessed spell requirments, and make hybrids a viable class.NO
32. Give droners the ability to actually hurt PPU buffed players.- YES
it is then that from then onwards.- YES
34. Increase the money cap.- YES
35. Clan wars should work- YES
36. Do not punish those with negative SL by making them drop all there weapons, remove the safe slot only.- YES
37. Make PP1, PP2, PP3 one large zone, not 3.- YES
38. Increase tank defence, as atm, without a shelter, dispite capped resists, they still take 2 much damage.NO
39. Increase Fire Apocalypse ROF to 105/min- YES
40. Make medikits equal to TL 3 heal, however, when using the medikit, the user's speed is reduced as they "fix" there wounds.- YES

I like ur apu ideas and the medi one especially. Droner ideas are good for the most part but i dunt see the point in 10% SI currently its 4% and i think thats good enough as a longer SI doesnt really do much other than a longer down time.

in regards to tanks and pes, other than new toys and some weapon changes i reallly dunt think much needs to be done to them at all if anything... dont fix wuts not broke. :)

FirestarXL
06-03-04, 02:34
I agree with approx 40% of those, can't be arsed to list individual ones though.

Lifewaster
06-03-04, 02:52
About the only thing I really agree with is the drops for red SL, thats rediculous atm.

The rest I either disagree with (some rediculously overpowering to apu stuff in there) or dont care enough about to bother writing something atm.

Sir ramic hobbs
06-03-04, 03:13
woahhhh FUCK giving drones more armour i hit a PN today 3 times with my pain easer and 1 pixel of life came of i think they are all good cept this one. My idea for this is Decrease the ammount of damage they can take but remove the fuzz that the droner sees

MrChumble
06-03-04, 03:16
I'd have to add right above #1...

1a) Fix some fcuking bugs

Moofausa
06-03-04, 03:21

6. Reduce Judge damage, Increase liberator 'hit' amount, and correct its aiming.
8. Make stealth spy only
10. Add soul clusters to APU's, When the soulcluster is cast and it hits a mob/player it leeches HP and gives it the APU.
12. Remove parashock completely except from melee shockers, but retain the 'light' slowness it gives.
14. Remove the negative athletics given by tank PA, instead make it equal to the melee PA, and just give negative melee.
17. Make PPU buffs linked to the PPU. Once the PPU is killed, those he buffed loose there buffs instantly. In essence, the PPU is the source.
21. Reduce the distance a riggers drone can travel.
26. Add droner PA
34. Increase the money cap.
38. Increase tank defence, as atm, without a shelter, dispite capped resists, they still take 2 much damage.
40. Make medikits equal to TL 3 heal, however, when using the medikit, the user's speed is reduced as they "fix" there wounds.

I have more but I have to go out, Personal fix's some you may agree with, some you may not. :p fuck all this - fix bugs , right click, synch, fatal and shit... there we go and take out the damn gaurds in all zones and return all my hacked shit - kthx only things needed to be changed quit your bitching

Clownst0pper
06-03-04, 11:42
Hmm, seems most people agree with them, I was going to suggest adding a rare poison lance, but I think thats pushing it :angel:

Benjie
06-03-04, 11:43
Hmm, seems most people agree with them, I was going to suggest adding a rare poison lance, but I think thats pushing it :angel:
It wouldn't be pushing it if kk updated the resists and negatives on implants to consider the game as it is now, and not how it was then.

Elric
06-03-04, 11:55
theres too many people agreeing with you on this.

So

To add a bit of balance.

I hate them all, your ideas are shit :p

:D

(edit: just to be clear, I am joking... Some of them are ok, some of them not.)

n3m
06-03-04, 16:53
I agree with most of your points. Huge sectors would rock, but I doubt the engine can handle that. Just imagine viewing the entire city from on top of one of the typherra pillars.

But don't remove parashock completely, instead change it to a 3 second drug haze or something

cba to do the rest :p

Agent L
07-03-04, 20:12
@8 : I am against racism, so I'd keep stealthtool class-req free. More, I would remove PE-PA, and let PEs use tank/spy/?psi? PAs by removing class-req from all PAs and lower reqs on lowest versions. Or maybe incorporate #8 and turn lobster into no-bonus, resists-only low TL PA available to all except monks.
@27.1 : ARS resists seems perfectly ok to me, but reqs lowered to 100, I say yes.
so I agree with most

Judge
07-03-04, 20:25
8. Make stealth spy only

26. Add droner PA

Those are the ones that I agree with. Mostly good.

Shadow Dancer
07-03-04, 20:27
Judge you shoulda just posted the ones you disagree with. :p

Dribble Joy
07-03-04, 20:53

1. Return APU's HL dmg to what it used to be. It wasn't intended to be dropped to it's current lvl anyway.
2. Retain APU's negative agility on PA Afaik, doesn't it do that anyway now?
3. Remove PPU catharsis sanctum, retain self cast catharsis yep
4. Lower Devourer dmg to its previous dmg yep
make that reduced to previous dmg (which should happen in the next patch anyway)
6. Reduce Judge damage, Increase liberator 'hit' amount, and correct its aiming. erm.... why? Judge dmg is fine, it was hopeless pre two patches ago. Increase libby 'aiming' but a reduction in dmg is needed with that.
7. Remove the + dex from PE PA, and instead increase its resist's slightly. Originally an idea to stop using 'spy' weapons, but it just fucks over PE viability, increase tl of high end weapons instead.
8. Make stealth spy only yup
9. Add a recharge time to each stealth, the longer the stealth, the longer it takes to charge. ugh.. nah.
10. Add soul clusters to APU's, When the soulcluster is cast and it hits a mob/player it leeches HP and gives it the APU. hmmm.. maybe
11. Give PE's something specific <insert toy here> yarrrr
12. Remove parashock completely except from melee shockers, but retain the 'light' slowness it gives. That 'slight' slowness is an utter pain and is just as annoying as a true shock effect, PvM only please.
13. Make melee by-pass Shelters+Deflectors Are you on crack?
14. Remove the negative athletics given by tank PA, instead make it equal to the melee PA, and just give negative melee. Adding what sub-skill malus instead?
15. Lower 4th PA's to 130 dex/str/psi and increase there bonus's a good amount. Why not
16. Increase the PE 4th PA to 110 dex (with the same principle increasing its bonus's) bleh, why?
17. Make PPU buffs linked to the PPU. Once the PPU is killed, those he buffed loose there buffs instantly. In essence, the PPU is the source. yeah
18. Increase sniper rifle ROF No
19. Increase tank AOE ROF, and up there dmg equal to there TL. dmg yes, rof no
20. Reduce the mana cost of rare barrels dunno
21. Reduce the distance a riggers drone can travel. hmmm
22. Give 10% impairment to a droner when there drone is killed. no
23. Increase drones armour slightly more.hell no
24. Remove 'rare' drones from the tech pool, instead, make them shop bought, which then have to be researched, and have slot chances like every other weapon. no
26. Add droner PA no
27. Reduce the spy xray suit to 100 and give it slightly varied resists. increase it's xray to 200
28. Give weapon mods equal mods to that of psi spells, atm modding spells to high % is too easy, but hard for weapons, make weapons have the same mod %'s and amount. yeah
27. Make Ultima mods drop whole. yes
28. Clear the rare pool, increasing weapons TL's isnt always the answer to everything KK. no comment, not enough detail
29. Add GR's to faction HQ's when you port to these you do not get impairment. Depends where you GR FROM
30. Holy Anti buff should remove all players buffs, retain its ROF. no
31. Lower blessed spell requirments, and make hybrids a viable class. Fuck no, blessed spells are too uber by far
32. Give droners the ability to actually hurt PPU buffed players. Because the other classes can?
it is then that from then onwards. erm.. dunno
34. Increase the money cap. No, it's there for a reason, but remove the 20 - 18 thing.
35. Clan wars should work YES
36. Do not punish those with negative SL by making them drop all there weapons, remove the safe slot only. remove soullight entirely. Go back to faction symp.
37. Make PP1, PP2, PP3 one large zone, not 3. I would like to see the WHOLE of NC a single zone, but the servers and netcode cannot take it, so no.
38. Increase tank defence, as atm, without a shelter, dispite capped resists, they still take 2 much damage. haha, NO
39. Increase Fire Apocalypse ROF to 105/min yeah.. I think
40. Make medikits equal to TL 3 heal, however, when using the medikit, the user's speed is reduced as they "fix" there wounds. make that 10% of movement speed.

I have more but I have to go out, Personal fix's some you may agree with, some you may not. :p

Darkborg
07-03-04, 21:49
Hmm i could post my views on this but im not going to since DJ is Very damn close to what id say too it.

Let me just add that in the orignal youll be overpowering,
Apus and tanks.