PDA

View Full Version : Loot luck

John.nl
05-03-04, 16:28
4 hours hunting 30+ warbots. Got 5 techparts, 3 implants and a few high vhc parts from them.

This isn't the first day I get lousy loot... anyone else?

deac
05-03-04, 16:32
yes loot suck ass at times... did a 4 hour hunt and gained 23 parts.. most of em sucked... what a waste of time....

I WANT THE OLD DROP RATE!

.Cyl0n
05-03-04, 16:38
Originally posted by deac
I WANT THE OLD DROP RATE!

yeah me too :x
especially the mc5 loot is frustrating sometimes.. or farming 300 parts off wbs and not even gettin 1 dev part :(

.cy

Crest
05-03-04, 16:42
First one of these for a long time ... Remeber the days where a days hunting (4 hour sesion) resutled in mebbe 5 techs.

Mebbe your a little un lucky

Shujin
05-03-04, 16:44
i remember the days when u hunted for 20 mins and got about 20 parts ;P

zii
05-03-04, 16:50
Originally posted by Shujin

Any then the rare pool was overpopulated and rares weren't rare..

Original monk
05-03-04, 16:54

i remember the days of 30 minutes 50 parts very well :) it was called doubledropweekend :)

Shujin
05-03-04, 16:54
Originally posted by Original monk
i remember the days of 30 minutes 50 parts very well :) it was called doubledropweekend :) ;D twas kewl

even though i was gone for that week so i wasnt around to benefit from it >;|.... and it was only 1 day i thought o.0

Candaman
05-03-04, 16:56
reminds me of wb's dropping shabby complete rares o_O

Original monk
05-03-04, 16:59
i dont remember if it was a weekend or a day i do remember that i whent to the swampcave hunting shaman with a hybrid.

imagine this: antipoisonsanctum + DB + holy lightning (or energybeam i dont remember ) ya yust run to the shaman, DB em 3 times and kill em: this takes very short cause you have a.poisonsanctum on and holy healsanctum running, so ya dont have to look out nomore: ya yust storm in and kill em ... takes about 3 minutes : shaman dropped about 7 parts each drop + decent krinahk drops :)

you can imagine how much i enjoyed myself that day (but researching took up some weeks yeah :P)

Shujin
05-03-04, 16:59
Originally posted by Candaman
reminds me of wb's dropping shabby complete rares o_O that was callash's fault ;] he forgot to put a '-' someplace on "accident" ;]

John.nl
05-03-04, 17:04
So generous drops are fun rewards yet rares ought to be rare.

Ah well glad i'm not in the 'balancing' departement :p

edit: but it still stinks to get only junk from warbies.

naimex
05-03-04, 17:12
*dam di duu di dam dey*

2 hours wb hunting = 27 tech parts.

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 17:19
its took your 4 hours to kill 30 warbots ? the drop rate is fine, your char on the other hand needs some tweaking

http://www.p3n.nildram.co.uk/images/cron/droprate.jpg

I can get a bunch of rares in a no time ... the old drop rate would suck becos no-one would have to spend time getting rares they would just be bought of people who cba to hunt

j000 4ll l4zy

numb
05-03-04, 17:19
I saw a tank killing a WB at Battledome the other day and noticed after a while that he wasnt going to hack the corpse. So I cracked it open and found 3 expensive parts in it. I felt so guilty for keeping them :)

johngreen2000
05-03-04, 19:22
just bad luck.

One day ill kill 50 wb and get like 3-5 parts

next day kill 2 get 4 parts

next day i kill 1 and get 4 parts on that one

next day kill 10 and get 1

some days are bad luck others good. If im not getting good loot i just go pvp for a bit and come back again when im bored.

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 19:34
Just take a look that your combat rank does not get above 45 for hunting WBs. The techparts you get then i really 'nuff.

John.nl
05-03-04, 20:00
Originally posted by Mighty Max
Just take a look that your combat rank does not get above 45 for hunting WBs. The techparts you get then i really 'nuff.

45?! aha... my apu is 56/55 ish.

HatchetRyda
05-03-04, 20:10
38 rares in 2 hours from BD.. 2 Dev Parts and 1 ravager part was my reward. But, I quit NC gave away my CS Hercules Devourer my apartments cars.. My chars are all strong if I do come back.. But Face of man kind has me locked

Shujin
05-03-04, 21:03
Originally posted by HatchetRyda
38 rares in 2 hours from BD.. 2 Dev Parts and 1 ravager part was my reward. But, I quit NC gave away my CS Hercules Devourer my apartments cars.. My chars are all strong if I do come back.. But Face of man kind has me locked some reason i doubt you did due to the fact that it seems more like your just trying to put down NC by saying you did all that all for a new game.

and due to the fact you said "cars" no one who has a Herc, and a dev would call any vehicles in neocron "cars"

specially due to the fact a tank shouldnt have any vehicles

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 21:06
some reason i doubt you did due to the fact that it seems more like your just trying to put down NC by saying you did all that all for a new game.

and due to the fact you said "cars" no one who has a Herc, and a dev would call any vehicles in neocron "cars"

specially due to the fact a tank shouldnt have any vehicles

your sig is scaring my fluffy tiger on the top of my monitor

Shujin
05-03-04, 21:09
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
your sig is scaring my fluffy tiger on the top of my monitor yea i got a pm askin me to change it because it scared a kid o.0

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 21:32
thats what im getting at :)

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 21:45
45?! aha... my apu is 56/55 ish.

Yeah, mine too, about 53/xx when running around for some adventure, But i switch to Fire Halo to drop it and hunt WBs if i need cash/Rares

Psyco Groupie
05-03-04, 21:46
As long as your rank isnt higher than the mob the drop rate is not changed .. enough posting myths already

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 21:54
Hmm i thought so too. It might be only lucky with me tho. But i expierience this change now for months.

I think there are the following states:
1. You lower then 15 levels of MOB = Best Loot +Full money
2. till same rank = Average Loot + Full Money
3. Above MOBs rank upto 15 levels = Crap Loot + Partitial money
4. More then 15 levels above = Crap Loot + No Money (Pick up someone of your size)

It were 15 levels above werent it ? Im not that sure if it were 15 or 10

Vryce
05-03-04, 22:54
Hmm i thought so too. It might be only lucky with me tho. But i expierience this change now for months.

4. More then 15 levels above = Crap Loot + No Money (Pick up someone of your size)

I've noticed this, too; killing aggies only gets me candybars. :lol:

btw: monk's sig scares me 8| , but naimex's rocks. :cool:

paolo escobar
06-03-04, 04:59
Originally posted by Original monk
i remember the days of 30 minutes 50 parts very well :) it was called doubledropweekend :)

Hehe doubledrop, i usually only do that on a saturday night ;) hmmmmm

Maarten
07-03-04, 02:30

It were 15 levels above werent it ? Im not that sure if it were 15 or 10

If it's 15, then you should get full loot with a combat rank of 65 or below and 70 for WBT's, which is almost everybody...

I'm hunting with a combat rank of 42 atm, and I'm noticing any better loot then when I did it with another char which had a combat rank of 67.

Lanigav
07-03-04, 05:41
The drop rate doesn't need to be increased.

It does however, need to be made static and universal for all players regardless of combat rank, player population, and time of day, so that everyone gets the same look instead of having good luck/bad luck days.

I always get stuck hunting in off peak times, which means ultra shitty loot, and I have bad luck with getting decent parts making it even worse. I could live with only getting four or five parts after a couple hours if the parts were actually not crap.

Archeus
07-03-04, 11:06
Some things I have found.

- Rank effects lootdrop, although only at large changes.

- Hacking with the least amount dots possible seems to increase chances of good loot.

- Tech Parts sometimes do not show up when you open the corpse. Doing a 'Take all' grabs them. I've seen people loot corpses and leave TP's behind because of this.

John.nl
07-03-04, 11:58
Originally posted by Archeus
Some things I have found.

- Rank effects lootdrop, although only at large changes.

- Hacking with the least amount dots possible seems to increase chances of good loot.

- Tech Parts sometimes do not show up when you open the corpse. Doing a 'Take all' grabs them. I've seen people loot corpses and leave TP's behind because of this.

The latter made me fall out of my chair. I'm shocked!

retr0n
07-03-04, 12:18
Originally posted by Lanigav
The drop rate doesn't need to be increased.

It does however, need to be made static and universal for all players regardless of combat rank, player population, and time of day, so that everyone gets the same look instead of having good luck/bad luck days.

I always get stuck hunting in off peak times, which means ultra shitty loot, and I have bad luck with getting decent parts making it even worse. I could live with only getting four or five parts after a couple hours if the parts were actually not crap.

Word